Habanita (1988) Eau de Toilette

Version from 1988
Habanita (1988) (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard

Habanita (1988) (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Molinard for women and was released in 1988. The scent is oriental-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Roure Bertrand

Top Notes Top NotesGalbanum, Petitgrain, Mastic bush
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Grasse jasmine, Nutmeg, Rosa centifolia, Vetiver, Ylang-ylang, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by Joe, last update on 18.03.2019

Variant of the fragrance concentration

Habanita (1988) (Eau de Toilette)

This is a variant of the perfume Habanita (1988) (Parfum) by Molinard, which differs in concentration.

7.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Serenissima
Breed, but also a lot of class!
About a year ago a neighbor asked me if I had seen the ARTE documentary about the house Molinard and its "draught horse" "Habanita".
I'm not surprised, because the only smell this woman emits is a lot of cold cigarette smoke.
Of course I hadn't seen the show; it was once again broadcast very late in the evening and I just missed it in the media library And yet since then I have remembered "Habanita".

When the family business Molinard was founded in Grasse in 1849 (where else?), no one had expected that a "classic" would see the light of day in their perfume world Because in the first years mainly flower water was sold in the small town shop.
Four pretty perfumes, each consisting of only one flower, appeared in elegant baccarat crystal flacons: "Jasmine", "Rose", "Mimosa" and "Violette" delighted the discerning customers.
Everything was already then very tasteful and underlined the elegance of the lady world.
Even today, the Paris shop will offer eau de cologne "stored in barrels", among other things.
If that's not an incentive to stop by there!
Only the creation of "Habanita", with the wild rhythm of the twenties, brought the big breakthrough: it was the beginning of an "endless story"!

I have the luck and can test "Habanita" as eau de toilette: at this point I thank you for the filling!
This "slimmed down" fragrance has everything that this name suggests:
It is wonderfully round and has an attractive fullness; it is flexible and cuddly, but also headstrong and stubborn.
And of course this "Habanita" is also extremely sensual. Of course, the rich warmth of vanilla and musk makes sure of that.
Thus I meet an extremely femine fragrance being, which entices and seduces and is nevertheless unrestrictedly suitable for everyday use.
This is certainly the advantage of an Eau de Toilettes

The resinous spice of galbanum greets together with that of the mastic bush: also its resin is always welcome with me. Maybe it's the relationship with the pistachios that makes this fragrance always seem a little bit fruity to me; it's just a barely perceptible touch!
Petitgrain adds a fresh touch: it's a spicy prelude that makes me curious about what's yet to develop.
This curiosity is worth it: everything that can be found during a walk through the fields of Grasse skilfully flows into the great heart note.
Not only the dark purple flowering vanilla flower, but also the heavy-scented, always somewhat bitchy jasmine and the not particularly shy Rosa Centifolia can be found here.
This floweriness marries beautifully with the already existing resinous spice, before the always very dark green, mysterious earthy vetiver appears and carries a nice dose of nutmeg on the hand.
I also think I perceive a slight whiff of the cistus, which is very familiar to me.
The course of the fragrance thus becomes deeper, more natural, but not too dark.
This does not permit the silky-silver cedar: its wonderfully woody aroma forms the connection between the spicy-resinous, yet still flowery lightness and the now existing heavier earth closeness.
The already known bright flickering of Ylang-Ylang sets some magical light points before the oakmoss comes into its own.
I like this humid, green coolness, this earth-scented depth, which gives a very special charm to many fragrance compositions.
Generous scents of the golden patchouli and the slightly scratchy sandalwood aroma lead to the place where the fairy queen Titania, the goddess of beauty and love, seems to sleep in a sunlit temple.
Here she waits, surrounded by musk and Vanilla's warm, soft, fragrant arms, and guarded by her little people, for her beloved Oberon: with him she once again fought.
You can't help it, these two: Shakespeare already reports in "Ein Sommernachtstraum" about all the mistakes and confusions that they cause in their environment time and again.
To show Oberon that he is her one and only after all, the beautiful woman wraps herself in a dense veil of Amber.
It would be a laugh if this embodiment of femininity did not reach its goal!

"Habanita" has even as Eau de Toilette a lot of breed, but also just as much class.
It is an elegant fragrance creation that remains faithful to its wearer for a very long time.
This exotic, persistent and still powerful bouquet, clearly interwoven with rose and jasmine, has a charm that should decorate any woman.

For me this "Habanita" is a tempting new discovery in my fragrance world.
She is not over-candidate, but lively and very adventurous: she therefore likes to accompany you to the next excursion to new shores!
5.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Sultry Leather
Molinard's Habanita was first designed as a fragrance to scent cigarettes. As an occasional smoker myself, I can certainly see how this fragrance could mesh well with the scent of smoky, stale tobacco smoke. Don't get me wrong, I love the smell of cigarettes, especially on a man even though I know it's a dirty habit. Molinard's Habanita for this reason, is a little piece of heaven.

Habanita opened quite strongly on my skin with rich, shiny leather notes, sweet, powdery peach and nose-burning resins. It was like a more potent version of Bvlgari's Black at first, dark, rubbery and slightly masculine.

As it settled, the floral accords began to immerge, in a sweet, baby-powderish manner with subtle hints of smokey tobacco, leather and resins. Occasionally it smelt like red vintage lipstick, that odd cosmetic smell I come across in classic scents sometimes. I find this combination quite delicious and strangely sexual, in a sadistic and masochistic way.

Habanita is the scent of a strong, confident and powerful woman who does not mess around, she gets straight down to business. It almost blows my mind with how raunchy and wicked this fragrance is. I love wearing this because it's so different from what I usually reach for on a daily basis.

My man, although he was a little taken aback at first, adores this scent on me. He says it smells like I've just spent the day with some hot lesbian bikers in leather get-up, smoked a few too many cigarettes and came back to him smelling clean and powdery but dirty at the same time. His description is actually far more exact than my own.

All in all, as I've said, this is an extremely powerful fragrance and one that lasts a decade on the skin too. I highly recommend to everyone and anyone, and I think those that dismiss it are fools because it's a classic for reason, and a good reason at that. Thankyou Adrien02 for gifting me this beautiful fragrance.

by EauMySoul
by EvaK
by JJ84
by JJ84

Popular Molinard

Habanita (1924) (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Habanita (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Molinard Habanita (1988) (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Habanita L'esprit by Molinard Molinard de Molinard (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Nirmala (1955) (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Patchouli Intense (2010) by Molinard La Collection Privée - Secret Sucré by Molinard Molinard Homme II by Molinard Cuir by Molinard Chypre d'Orient by Molinard Ambre (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Tendre Friandise by Molinard Vanille Marine by Molinard Vanille Patchouli (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard La Collection Privée - Ambré Lumière by Molinard Miss Habanita / Miss Molinard (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Teck (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Madrigal (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Patchouli (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard