Habanita 2012Eau de Parfum

Version from 2012
Habanita (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Molinard
Habanita (2012) (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Molinard for women and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGeranium, Mastic, Petitgrain, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesRosa centifolia, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Mimosa, Nutmeg, Vetiver, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Vanilla, Malayan patchouli, Mysore sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 05.03.2021.

Criminal
What is Habanita? Habanita to me is an olfactory dance. A power struggle of the sexes. A trial of strength between man and woman. Passion, dominance, an attraction and a repulsion. A desire and a contempt. Hunting and killing so close together. Temperament and innocence danced on a sharp blade of seduction and drama. Or a crime of passion perhaps? Habanita is a dance. Habanita is a tango! But unlike usual, here it is not the gentleman who leads. No, here the lady leads. It is the tango with a femme fatale. Erotic, seductive and highly manipulative. Habanita is an embrace. An embrace to the sweet dark sounds of a passionate,rhythmic,accordion of desire and alluring feminine criminality!

Habanita
Habanita is not just a fragrance or perfume. Habanita is rather an aura in which you get caught and sink. A green,bitter-tart rose geranium opens the drama. Bitter and almost brittle and repellent. Threads are spun like a sticky web of tough, resinous mastic. Just as bitter-sweet and yet so warm. Fine, filigree and so perfect that every soul gets caught in it with every twist and turn. With every step, with every turn you are more dazzled by Habanita. Dust fogs your senses and the air becomes muggy-dry and stuffy. Powdery and dry florals of almondy heliotrope draw the light ever softer. Ylang-ylang and animalic-meaty jasmine switch poses and it rains fruity-bitter mimosa on the sensual parquet of doom from earthy-dark and woody-old patchouli. The band plays the final deep-spicy act of abandonment or surrender. The air grows sweeter and more beguiling. To the passionate rhythm of the tango, the chords of dry and dusty-spicy vanilla ring in the ears like tantalizingly intoxicating notes, and the body becomes a soft-creamy sounding body of smooth-milky sandalwood. A final embrace and kiss populates this tango of tart smoky and dark oak moss. The curtain falls and with it any inhibitions and concerns!

Conclusion
Habanita is a paradox and a mystery. It combines the opposites of feelings,desires and emotions. Habanita is soft,tender,innocent and playful like a lolita. On the one hand! On the other hand Habanita is decadent, proud, passionate, dominant and highly self-confident like a femme fatale. A perfume that manages to combine the innocence of a Lolita and the dominating power of a femme fatale. Habanita is soft-powdery, delicately floral. But also spicy-sweet and earthy-smoky. Habanita spreads a suspicious aura of dubious innocence and dark seduction. It is elusive and difficult to grasp. A perfume that can be many things. Multifaceted like a dark iridescent prism of inscrutable femininity. If I should describe Habanita with two words???
Seductive-criminal,...would probably be very appropriate!

Mothers, daughters, grandmothers!
"Letter to the Field"
Dearest Paul, you are in good health and well. That is the main thing. .....also, I want to thank you sincerely for the lovely perfume gift as part of your loving package. When I wear this Habanita, I smell the chocolaty-spicy scent of your smoking, heavy and sweet, but in a moment it is floral again, powdery-vanilla and resinous leather smells, like your doublet to which I cling very tightly. I feel protected by your strong hand and at the same time I am full of longing for you. I long for home and child, to please you and our little family, but at the same time I long for passion and wild life. I want to be all woman for you dearest. Just come home soon!.....The world is playing with itself here and I am very afraid that our presumptuous megalomania of war will one day fall back on us in destructive fury. Take good care of yourself my little Paul, the Frenchman does not like you, certainly not there in Paris. .....

"Longing for Life"
Dear big sister .....were you still raving about your new perfume in your last letter? "A wild sensuality of fine smoke, strong florals, sweetness and later dark mystique, while spicy and warmly vanilla. A small, fragrant impression of the restless, erotically charged life here in the big city."
Mom also still has a half-full bottle of this Habanita in her old scent box. Admit it, you didn't know that! Anyway, I tried it too. It smelled lovely of flowers and vanilla, leathery like the scuffed school bag, sweet, warm of spices and resins of the Orient just like in our old stories, and it smelled like the secret, liqueur smoke of the girls' corner at school. I notice in it, too, such a wild, erotic feeling for closeness, as if there were no tomorrow, as if freedom to do anything possible were close at hand. I wish I was with you in the fullness of life......

"Diary entry - life lived"
Today I rewarded myself and put on a good spritz of Habanita. This and looking in the mirror in the morning reminded me of my first encounter with this perfume. It was an explosion of the senses, a whip for the budding housewife, a guide to the emancipation of femininity. Smoky woman, self-determined sex, violent, sinful, dark, wild and always vanilla, this is how the scent stuck to my skin for a long time and fit so well with the times. That was decades ago.
No, dear diary, no whining and regret in retrospect, but as I saw again this morning, life has already left plenty of marks on me. Marks that advancing age just happens to write. They are buried deep in the creases of my face and here between the lines along with some dreams. But I was never unhappy because of that, my life was and is a content one, I look back gratefully. The encounters with Habanita are small islands of happiness for me today, beautiful memories at the end of a fulfilled, intensely lived life.

Habanita by Molinard has accompanied generations for almost 100 years. A women's perfume for a lasting impression in private or in public, for the promise of sinful messages, also for the presentation of noble wardrobe, for the business woman, the housewife, the femme fatale and if he wants, also for a self-confident man. Of course, Habanita is still an immoral offer today, even a wonderfully fragrant as well as a proven, durable and very fair companion.

Thanks to you for following my little look at those times!

Hubba Habanita
I got turned onto this one by some of my trusted acquaintances and initially tried this at the beginning of the year. It is definitely one that needs time spent with it as it reveals a bit with each wear. Thank you for watching and I hope you enjoy.

Dark powdered glory
Yes, I know, an Oriental, but if I should imagine a dark powder smell: et voilà! For a long time I only knew the Flanker Habanita l'Esprit, which for a long time was one of my closest favourites and daily companions. At that time I only got a taste of Habanita in Grasse and postponed our getting to know her until later.

In Nice I allowed myself a small bottling this year and now, in the first days of September, the already clearly cooler become: It's a dream! If this perfume didn't exist, it would have to be invented.
Why dark powder now? I often find powdery scents heavy and very flattering for the skin, especially when there is a lot of iris. At the same time these fragrances vary for me somewhere on the scale "clean" to "bed sheets that have not been changed for some time".

This one, it has already been tinted, then has something of very sensually rumpled bed sheets (already for a few nights...), a shot of rum or liqueur went there still beside it, the smoke of cigarillos with vanilla aroma still rakes between bed and curtains. It is a scent of well-being with a certain pinch of daring, wickedness and something like that should be done first! A little angel, a little whore, a little mama - WOW! I could imagine that the original might have been a bit more scratchy, more angular in a positive sense, in the course of time this fragrance might well remain a bit more scratchy to my taste.

Besides, despite the fact that it has been reformulated, the fragrance has a strong vintage touch, which is great!
Also I can understand the connection to Habanita l'Esprit, even if in my opinion they are two completely independent fragrances, but nevertheless they belong together, the bright one (someone wrote very aptly to HlE "the moaning virgin") and the black Diva.
I don't know if I would wear the scent at work, but at home as a mom I find it just as wearable as in the evenings/nights in the bar. Currently I spray him very much also to go to bed on.
A beautiful fragrance all around. Very feminine (on men he would be almost too sweet to me..), the fragrance as a statement for itself.

The Whip and the Body
Review based on the current formulation (EDP, squared bottle).

Habanita is a perfume for a dominatrix.

Do you know the bizarre 1963 Italian film La frustra e il corpo, starred by Christopher Lee and Daliah Lavi? Lee plays the part of a sadistic nobleman who takes a pleasure in flogging his love interest (Lavi). Sadomasochism and women abuse does not seem to be likeable things, are not they? Surprisingly enough, it is a hauntingly beautiful movie, with a darkly romantic atmosphere and fascinating characters.

Now, turn over the story, and make the Lavi's character the active one in the film. Give her a whip. Drap her in a black leather corset and a cloak. And Habanita could be her perfume.

No jokes with Habanita, a full- grown woman draped in black leather and furs, a cigar in one of her hands, a whip in the other. She likes strong drinks and eats bloody steaks, she uses strong words and calls the things by her name. But, in the inside, she is a tender, sweet woman who takes that pose in order to conceal what she thinks it can be taken for weakness. She is a muscular, dark, Latin woman, very much in the style of the Julio Romero de Torres or Hermen Anglada-Camarasa heroines. But she has a heart. She is very much like a she-panther with her babies.

For me, it is indeed a nice surprise to see how this fragance, that can be easily dispatched as "old lady fragance" is still sold, and in excelent form. No ruined by disastrous reformulations like many other beautiful perfumes of yesterday.

Sillage and lasting power very good.

A must try for all perfume lovers.

MSCRomanMSCRoman 9 months ago
I like it, but on me it smells like aftershave. Maybe I would have liked the original formula better?
KimJongKimJong 10 months ago
It's like Lagerfeld Classic with dark flowers instead of tobacco. Men can also wear it.
OvaissaleemOvaissaleem 12 months ago
Powdery, Spicy, Smokey, Woody and Musky. A masterpiece from Molinard in a classy, gorgeous and elegant bottle.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
An unique perfume that excells the house of Molinard. It's smoky, resinous, animalic and quite spicy. It was love at first sniff for me.
DorothyGraceDorothyGrace 6 years ago
On me, this developes an overpowering wintergreen (or Germolene) antiseptic smell. Is this mastic?

by Heavenly85
Rauchharz & Samtrosiges = wie Eis zum schmelzen bringen :-)
by Seejungfrau
Tanz in Schwarz
by Hexana
by Hexana
I'm a strange animal...
#Verschleiß Fresh21
Playing another dark card - Habanita :)
by Ovaissaleem
There is something very modern about this vintage
by VivienneK
by Nanina
by Bernstein
by Bernstein

Popular Molinard

Habanita (1988) (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Habanita L'esprit by Molinard Habanita (1924) (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Habanita La Cologne by Molinard Vanille Patchouli (Eau de Parfum) by Molinard Ambre (Eau de Parfum) by Molinard La Collection Privée - Secret Sucré by Molinard Cuir by Molinard Habanita (1988) (Parfum) by Molinard Chypre d'Orient by Molinard Chypre Charnel by Molinard La Collection Privée - Ambré Lumière by Molinard Madrigal (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Patchouli Intense (2010) by Molinard Molinard Homme II by Molinard Molinard de Molinard (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Musc (Eau de Parfum) by Molinard Patchouli (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Vanille Patchouli (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Figue by Molinard