La Collection Privée - Ambré Lumière 2014

La Collection Privée - Ambré Lumière by Molinard
7.8 / 10 59 Ratings
La Collection Privée - Ambré Lumière is a popular perfume by Molinard for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is resinous-spicy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes Russian corianderRussian coriander AlmondAlmond Chinese eucalyptusChinese eucalyptus Italian lemonItalian lemon
Heart Notes Heart Notes AmberAmber RoseRose Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base Notes VetiverVetiver BenzoinBenzoin PatchouliPatchouli MuskMusk Colombian tolu balmColombian tolu balm
Submitted by Apicius, last update on 17.11.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description
Very helpful Review 10
Ambré amande/crème solaire?
I discovered this fragrance when I visited the historic factories of Molinard in Grasse this August.
After the relatively short guided tour, we were smuggled into the in-house sales room like cows and were able to test our way through the entire range.
First of all: It was a big disappointment. I think I can expect more from such a traditional company than simply knitted fragrances without recognition value.

After we (my sweetheart and I) have tested the cheaper fragrances we went over to the pompously set up fragrances de la collection privée and.... were disappointed.
What caught the eye were the scents placed on spotlights (WTF? The flacons were certainly 30 degrees warm and are continuously illuminated through the bottom of the bottle. Maybe that's why it's called Amber of Light).
On request we got the 5 fragrances of the collection which have not been cooked for days.

At the price of 150€ per bottle for 90ml we felt quite cheated, apart from the lack of samples, and that at the source!
On request from the friendly but stressed staff we got 1ml each of Cher Wood and Ambré Lumière filled into a small Fiole.

Well, two weeks later I finally had time to test the scents extensively AL starts very sweet with a violent, almost gagging almond note which is probably still pushed by the vetiver.
After half an hour this strong sweetness settles down a little and more down-to-earth notes are added, probably patchouli and musk.
Somehow this scent reminds me strongly of sun cream, why I unfortunately can't say.
With the time the smell becomes more bearable for me although I would not again voluntarily thereby diesel myself in.
I just expected Ambre, namely in the Manière of Ambre Nuit of Dior where in my opinion real Ambre Gris is contained and not only amber-like molecule soup from the Wingthzu-Takiwakilabor from Indonesia....

In short: quite a disappointment at a much too high price.
But please don't let my rating stop you from testing this fragrance, it will definitely find one or the other adept in the community.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Popular by Molinard

Habanita (1988) (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Habanita (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Molinard Habanita L'esprit by Molinard Habanita (1924) (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Vanille Patchouli (Eau de Parfum) by Molinard Habanita La Cologne by Molinard Ambre (Eau de Parfum) by Molinard Gingembre by Molinard La Collection Privée - Secret Sucré by Molinard Figue by Molinard Habanita (1988) (Parfum) by Molinard Cuir by Molinard Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Molinard Osmanthus by Molinard Chypre Charnel by Molinard Chypre d'Orient by Molinard Violette (Eau de Parfum) by Molinard Lavande (Eau de Parfum) by Molinard Patchouli (Eau de Parfum) by Molinard Patchouli Intense (2010) by Molinard