Molinard Homme II (1996)

Molinard Homme II by Molinard

Molinard Homme II is a popular perfume by Molinard for men and was released in 1996. The scent is sweet-oriental. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesTarragon, Hay, Mandarin, Juniper berry
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoriander, Lavender, Orange, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesHoney, Patchouli, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 30.05.2018

Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
What a delight!
Pleasant surprise to open the Molinard Homme ll and discover the masculine
version of Habanita!
Same strength and great composition. Same WOW at th first sniff! My husband loves it. The thing is that from now on I have to tell him when it's my turn to wear Habanita .
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
I'm buying bottles for all of my male friends. Maybe the females, too...
Today was a gender-bending fragrance day for sherapop. First I wore Heeley IRIS DE NUIT (review to follow), then I tested a bit of Bond no 9 HARRODS FOR HIM before donning a full serving of COOPER SQUARE. Yes, I luxuriated in labdanum-drenched lavender this afternoon. Now I am wearing Molinard HOMME II. Can we talk? This stuff is simply remarkable.

It's not just that it's remarkable for the price, which it certainly is--it's almost free: my four-ounce bottle set me back all of $16! No, it's totally gorgeous even in ignorance of the low price. The composition is a sweetish fougère featuring all sorts of characteristically masculine notes up top, and a completely compelling cluster of scrumptiousness for the base. Here are the notes, according to my bottle (they are printed right on it):

Tête: Armoise, Foin de la Cran, Mandarine de Sicile, Genièvre

Coeur: Orange du Brésil, Lavande de Provence, Coriandre de Crimée, Cèdre de Virginie

Fond: Vanille Bourbon, Patchouly de Singapour, Miel de Provence, Vétiver

I occasionally wear this fragrance to bed, and it smells even more beautiful in the morning, so it does not fall apart or degrade, the tell-tale signs of cheap-o juice. It's smooth and creamy and a bit spicy and sweet, and just a bit masculine, but in a gentle giant way. I just love this stuff.

So why does no one talk about it? My theory: Molinard suffers from the dreaded fifty-cent whore problem. By selling their wares so cheaply, they drive serious perfume users away in droves. But you need to smell this stuff, guys--and gals! I'm thinking very seriously of purchasing a case of bottles of this juice to distribute to all of my male friends--and females, too!

In a word: yum!

• by Hordak by Hordak
  • by TomLavender by TomLavender
  • by Hordak by Hordak

Popular Molinard

Habanita (1924) (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Habanita (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Molinard Habanita (1988) (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Habanita L'esprit by Molinard Molinard de Molinard (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Nirmala (1955) (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Patchouli Intense (2010) by Molinard Chypre d'Orient by Molinard Molinard Homme II by Molinard La Collection Privée - Secret Sucré by Molinard Ambre (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Vanille Marine by Molinard Vanille Patchouli (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard La Collection Privée - Ambré Lumière by Molinard Tendre Friandise by Molinard Miss Habanita / Miss Molinard (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Cuir by Molinard Teck (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Madrigal (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard Vanille (Eau de Toilette) by Molinard