Navigations Through Scent - Rogart (2011)

Navigations Through Scent - Rogart by Molton Brown

Navigations Through Scent - Rogart is a perfume by Molton Brown for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is green-resinous. The production was apparently discontinued.

Jennifer Jambon

Top Notes Top NotesElemi resin, Juniper berry
Heart Notes Heart NotesMaple syrup, Angelica
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac wood, Fir balsam

Submitted by Inala, last update on 27.06.2018

5.0 6.0 6.0 4.0/10

FabianO
Unfinished, unround, annoying - weak imagination of sweetened laboratory fir.
I don't know who noticed it, but for some time now I've noticed a certain reluctance in me to test new fragrances, let alone comment on them. Perhaps my output in recent years has been enormously high, my desire to get to know new ones enormous.

I feel very saturated at the moment and a few days ago I started to comment and rate wines (mainly red ones) at Instagram on a regular basis.

This rather randomly selected test drop "Rogart" from my little bowl at home, which consists mainly of giveaways, confirms my current unwillingness. Somehow so much time is spent working on medium or weak perfumes - as seldom as I still encounter new highlights in view of the fact that I have devoted myself to the apparently most beautiful and best fragrances and recommendations (which I felt were 98% done with)
That this Brown fragrance has already disappeared into the depths again may not come as a surprise in view of its peculiarly pungent and very unripe style.

Peculiarly sweet (maple syrup) and vegetarian (angelica) aromas as well as pseudo-waldy aromas come together here - säuerlich edged, flattened and cleaned by a rather randomly mixed addition from the Iso-E-/Ambrox shelf.

Annoying stuff - especially as on my other arm - almost frighteningly contrary - the wonderful remnants of Bogner's "Deep Forrest" are blowing towards me, which make it completely clear how moderately and bungling this Brown is.

A scent to forget...

7.5 5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Canadian Forest Magic
I purchased Molton Brown ROGART in Hamburg for 87€ after testing this and the 4 others from NAVIGATIONS THROUGH SCENT Series Fragrances.The best and more male scent was ROGART.
Fantastic,rarely composition of a fresh wood Scent.Opening with citrus, green notes of a forest in canada and after one hours it leaves into a honey,balsam,woody ending.Warm and tender as for cold winter made.Forestmagic I call him now! A must when you want to be individual, cause there is no other comparable fragrance I know.

It has a good longevity on clothes and deserves a try. The Bottle looks stunning IMO.
scent: 8/10
longevity: 7/10
sillage: 5/10
7.5 6.0/10

An inconsistent impression
Molton Brown is known for its body care products. Wherever good perfumes are offered, Molton Brown is not very far. Slowly, they are invading the perfume market, and with their latest fragrance line they top the middle price sector. Offering outstanding perfumes is easier said than done, and a critical view is always adequate if five new perfumes are presented at once.

Rogart has made it to my skin, thanks to the attractive top note. That is woody-powdery, and it has this slightly musty quality like foxy paper. To cut a long story short – I was looking forward to having found a well made Dior Homme plagiarism!

But all at once, the picture changed. A resinous note (Elemi?) completely took over, which was unpleasant from my point of view. It appeared very broad and opulent, and it was something that by no means I should like to wear. Okay, this is a matter of personal taste – but rationally observed there was not much more behind it. This resinous note stood in front of me like a block of concrete.

No, I disagree with this change in style. This is not a consistent fragrance development. Both phases of the development do not really go together well, and the sudden change is not beautiful. Rogart is wearable only if you are attracted by both accords. Blame on those who do not test thoroughly before buying!

Süßlich-harzig, frisch, balsamisch und eingestellt...
by Flanker

Popular Molton Brown

Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold (Eau de Toilette) by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Rogart by Molton Brown Russian Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute (Eau de Toilette) by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Iunu by Molton Brown Re-Charge Black Pepper by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Lijiang by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Apuldre by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Singosari by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Londinium by Molton Brown Coastal Cypress & Sea Fennel (Eau de Toilette) by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Valbonne by Molton Brown Bushukan (Eau de Toilette) by Molton Brown Bracing Silverbirch by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Mahina by Molton Brown Bursting Caju & Lime / Caju & Lime by Molton Brown Dewy Lily of the Valley & Star Anise by Molton Brown Suede Orris by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Shisur by Molton Brown Rosa Absolute (Eau de Toilette) by Molton Brown