Tobacco Absolute (2015)

Tobacco Absolute by Molton Brown

Tobacco Absolute is a popular perfume by Molton Brown for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Elsa Chabert

Top Notes Top NotesElemi resin, Bergamot, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesCedarwood, Nutmeg, Rosewood
Base Notes Base NotesParaguayan tobacco, Leather, Peru balsam

Submitted by Michael, last update on 22.05.2019

5.0 10.0 10.0 4.5/10

Sweet
22/May/2019
Trying to find something to do with this I added a scant teaspoonful to the non-fragranced laundry liquid in a wash. It stays on clothes through the wash and I am sitting now in a bubble of scent front the t-shirt washed then dried on the line.

I can't see me being able to use it up.
=============
29/April/2019
I have this in the shower gel and my goodness it is a tenacious beast.

I washed my hair in it (note to self - don't do that again); 36 hours later the smell was getting on my last nerve so I washed my hair in fragrance free shampoo. Another 36 hours later (or maybe 48) and I washed my hair again. Yep, sweet perfume wafts filled the shower as the hot water poured over my hair. Sweet perfume wafts as I dried my hair with a hairdryer. 6 hours later and still wafting albeit in much reduced intensity.

The notes I notice are sweet tobacco and peru balsam, with an undercurrent of cedar and the occasional waft of a leathery smokey accord. I find it very sweet and it reminds me at times during the wear of cedar aftershave from the '70s.

Superficially I find it a very nice smell but it doesn't progress so the sweet, sweet tones get on my nerves.

I haven't tried the perfume itself as I am completely put off by the shower gel.

Popular Molton Brown

Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Rogart by Molton Brown Russian Leather by Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Iunu by Molton Brown Re-Charge Black Pepper by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Lijiang by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Apuldre by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Singosari by Molton Brown Bushukan by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Londinium by Molton Brown Bracing Silverbirch by Molton Brown Bursting Caju & Lime / Caju & Lime by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Mahina by Molton Brown Coastal Cypress & Sea Fennel by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Valbonne by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Shisur by Molton Brown Dewy Lily of the Valley & Star Anise by Molton Brown Intoxicating Davana Blossom by Molton Brown Paradisiac Pink Pepperpod (Eau Fraîche) by Molton Brown