Tobacco Absolute (2015) Eau de Toilette

Tobacco Absolute (Eau de Toilette) by Molton Brown
Bottle Design: Vincent Villeger

Tobacco Absolute (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Molton Brown for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Kao Group.

Elsa Chabert

Top Notes Top NotesElemi resin, Bergamot, Argentinean grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesCedarwood, Nutmeg, Rosewood
Base Notes Base NotesParaguayan tobacco, Leather, Peru balsam, Musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 27.09.2019

3.0 6.0 5.0 4.0/10

Part 65485189 of my tobacco scent search...
In the search for "my" tobacco fragrance I have already tested many (too many?) fragrances, primarily higher quality ones, so I honestly would not have tested Molton Brown at all. But when recently their "Tobacco Absolute" was praised so much here in the forum and I walked right past this fragrance shortly afterwards, it was tested. I'd say light and shadow.

Light because the fragrance is beautifully composed. Shadows because, unfortunately, one notices the low costs. He starts with a very nice lemon, which I had not expected so realistically and of course. However, after about 10 minutes a strange sweetness came through, which unfortunately appears extremely flat and gives my initial enthusiasm a small damper. After this returns, there remains a fragrance that I would describe most likely as Tobacco Vanilla without this (for me) much too penetrating sweetness and spice. A relatively herbaceous, only slightly spicy scent remains.

I could imagine that this is one of the most realistic tobacco scents I've tried so far, because it doesn't need a lot of accessories. I am sure that the formula is very good and the fragrance with higher quality ingredients would be much better. The substance fits in any case.

My rating:

Total: 40 of 100
5.0 10.0 10.0 4.5/10

Sweet
22/May/2019
Trying to find something to do with this I added a scant teaspoonful to the non-fragranced laundry liquid in a wash. It stays on clothes through the wash and I am sitting now in a bubble of scent front the t-shirt washed then dried on the line.

I can't see me being able to use it up.
=============
29/April/2019
I have this in the shower gel and my goodness it is a tenacious beast.

I washed my hair in it (note to self - don't do that again); 36 hours later the smell was getting on my last nerve so I washed my hair in fragrance free shampoo. Another 36 hours later (or maybe 48) and I washed my hair again. Yep, sweet perfume wafts filled the shower as the hot water poured over my hair. Sweet perfume wafts as I dried my hair with a hairdryer. 6 hours later and still wafting albeit in much reduced intensity.

The notes I notice are sweet tobacco and peru balsam, with an undercurrent of cedar and the occasional waft of a leathery smokey accord. I find it very sweet and it reminds me at times during the wear of cedar aftershave from the '70s.

Superficially I find it a very nice smell but it doesn't progress so the sweet, sweet tones get on my nerves.

I haven't tried the perfume itself as I am completely put off by the shower gel.

Popular Molton Brown

Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold (Eau de Toilette) by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Rogart by Molton Brown Russian Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute (Eau de Toilette) by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Iunu by Molton Brown Re-Charge Black Pepper by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Lijiang by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Apuldre by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Singosari by Molton Brown Bushukan (Eau de Toilette) by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Londinium by Molton Brown Coastal Cypress & Sea Fennel (Eau de Toilette) by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Valbonne by Molton Brown Bracing Silverbirch by Molton Brown Dewy Lily of the Valley & Star Anise by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Mahina by Molton Brown Suede Orris by Molton Brown Bursting Caju & Lime / Caju & Lime by Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent - Shisur by Molton Brown Rosa Absolute (Eau de Toilette) by Molton Brown