Le Chic (1932)

Le Chic by Molyneux

Le Chic is a popular perfume by Molyneux for women and was released in 1932. The scent is fruity-chypre. The production was apparently discontinued.

Apricot, Bulgarian rose, Oakmoss, Raspberry, Peony, Vanilla

Submitted by Lilith, last update on 17.04.2019.

The scent was re-released in 1995.

6.0 6.0 8.0 7.5/10

Multifaceted, elegant and fine
I'd like to start by telling you what I read about the composition of Le Chic in another big perfume forum. One member reports that on the packaging of a Le Chic tester there were other fragrances listed than we find here at parfumo or in that other forum ... namely:

Mango, Peach, Black Currant
Lily of the valley, Lily of the valley, YlangYlang, Gardenia, Jasmine, Iris
Amberwood, sandalwood, cedar, vanilla, musk

For me this sounds right, because I can clearly smell Ylang. Also mango I suspect and believe as well to recognize the jasmine and the lily.

Since I am not yet very experienced in the big, wide world of fragrances and have no lyrical or literary skills, I describe my feeling of Le Chic in my simple, concise words
For me this is a rather unsweet, almost bitter, spicy flower chypre, in which I perceive the fruits first in the prelude and then again towards the end. It begins almost opulently with an extremely exciting composition of exotic fruit and spicy ylang, completely unknown to me so far, interwoven with other fine flowery essences.

In the course of time it loses its fruitiness and develops a clear but not overwhelming ylang accent. I feel the scent from here as slightly bitter, probably because the woods become more clearly perceptible without, however, being woodsy
A very light soapiness develops as well as a very discreet sweetness, which however rather stays in the background. Towards the end I can see something fruity again.

I find the detailed description and analysis of this fragrance difficult. I find him to be very "sophisticated" and elegant, almost distinguished. In any case, I see a classically dressed woman in front of me - maybe even a business woman during a presentation - because the scent has nothing playful or youthful about it.

I experience Le Chic as a multi-faceted, exciting, high-quality and almost noble fragrance. Nevertheless, it is not easy for me to make friends with him, which could be due to the fact that I have had nothing to do with chypre fragrances so far and feel attracted to rather soft, powdery-warm floral and oriental fragrances. For me, Le Chic is absolutely new territory, and I am enjoying our gentle and still slightly distanced getting to know each other.

by Turandot
by Turandot

Popular Molyneux

Quartz by Molyneux Vivre (1971) (Eau de Toilette) by Molyneux Quartz pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Molyneux Captain Molyneux (1994) (Eau de Toilette) by Molyneux Gauloise (Eau de Toilette) by Molyneux Initiation by Molyneux Le Chic by Molyneux Fête (Eau de Toilette) by Molyneux Lord Molyneux (Eau de Toilette) by Molyneux Le Numéro Cinq (Eau de Cologne) by Molyneux Quartz Silver pour Homme by Molyneux Vivre (1971) (Parfum) by Molyneux Captain Molyneux (1994) (After Shave) by Molyneux Captain Molyneux (1975) (Eau de Toilette) by Molyneux Quartz Addiction by Molyneux Modern Quartz Men by Molyneux Captain (2015) by Molyneux Le Numéro Cinq / Le Parfum Connu (Eau de Toilette) by Molyneux Captain Molyneux (1975) (Lotion Après-Rasage) by Molyneux Lord Molyneux (Lotion Après-Rasage) by Molyneux