Les Nombres d'Or - Tubéreuse (2011)

Les Nombres d'Or - Tubéreuse by Maison Mona di Orio
Compare Prices
Les Nombres d'Or - Tubéreuse (Maison Mona di Orio)
Les Nombres d'Or - Tubéreuse is a perfume by Maison Mona di Orio for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is flowery-spicy. It is still in production.

Mona di Orio

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Coconut, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Musk

Submitted by Inala, last update on 11.05.2017

Tubereuse Like no Other
This original interpretation is more or less outside the territory of that intoxicating strong smell and is reaching the most green accord in a tuberose scent.
Probably It was not build to reflect the greenness of the flower but to give a peace message to tuberose haters, how can bergamot and pink pepper hit you in the face? This freshness starts to fade gradually after one hour evealing a sweet ambery white floral scent loaded with sensuality that easily cross the boarder into Oriental perfumery land.It’s quite airy and quiet for a tuberose being a scent that can make those hating Fracas to start giving a second chance to this note
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 2.5/10 Longevity 2.5/10 Scent 9.0/10
Ephimeral though beautiful tuberose
I love this scent, it is a new very original approach to tubereuse. The first time I smelled it was on a card, it seemed then greener and spicer than it was when I could finally test it on skin.

Not a linear scent at all, first blast is green weat tuberose flower with lots of pink pepper. It suddenly changes with a short rubber phase to a milkier and warmer (benzoin) stage that slowly melts into a very subtle woody and powdery and sightly animalic tuberose that seems to float 2 millimeters above the skin.

It is extremely close to skin on me and here comes my big problem with it, just lasted for a couple of hours... What a terrible thing, really if it had low projection and but at least an acceptable longevity, I would buy a full bottle even if that meant saving for several months. I just can't find the way to justify paying such a high price when it would be having such a short live on me. I guess I'll try to buy a sample, just for the pleasure of smelling it from time to time, but can't go for a full bottle in this condition.

It could have been the perfect tuberose summer daily perfume.

EDIT: I had the chance to go for a bottle on a discount fair price and know it is mine. I feel lucky. Sometimes you just need to be patient. It is going to be a perfect summer scent.
Scent 7.0/10
An overload of Pink Pepper ...
I'm a Tuberose fan ... it's well documented ... but of the big 'in your face' kind of Tuberose from the 80's and 90's. Some modern Tuberose-centric fragrances have also caught my fancy ... Carnal Flower is divine and I'm one of those insufferable people who like Madonna's version :). For this reason, I find myself somewhat disappointed in Les Nombres d'Or - Tubéreuse.

First and foremost, the intense blast of Schinus Molle (Pink Pepper) at the top is literally what this fragrance spends its time being about for the first hour and a half of skin time ... it's mildly annoying. It also smacks of conformity as 2011 saw a rash-like use of this note in perfumery. I honestly prefer my pepper Black and used sparingly.
I suppose that Ms. di Orio was after altering the perception of Tuberose here, in a similar way that Christopher Sheldrake did with Tubéreuse Criminelle. It falls flat imho ... there is simply not enough Tuberose in this composition to call it 'Tubéreuse'!
The Pink Pepper theme just carries on and on ad nauseum, with a slight milkiness becoming evident after a while as a vague floralcy tries to batter its way through the spice.
Now, after all of this commentary one would imagine that I don't like this fragrance ... which is not the case. I find that it's a very nice, spicy, slightly floral fragrance that is well blended and carries the hallmarks of di Orio quality. It is not offensive by any means and would probably appeal to those who want to wear a white floral without obviously doing so.

Les Nombres d'Or - Tubéreuse is a brave attempt at taming something that should be allowed to exert itself ... Tuberose by its very nature is loud and wanton ... intoxicating. Why try to fetter it?

Hermesh 16 months ago
Tuberose is hidden in cool tart green. Bergamot gives its fresh, slightly citric spiciness. The whole has a slight vintage touch.+2
Bottle 8.0