Monsoon 2008

Version from 2008
Monsoon (2008) by Monsoon
Monsoon (2008) is a perfume by Monsoon for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-woody. It was last marketed by Designer Parfums.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot LycheeLychee NeroliNeroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesRoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber SpicesSpices

Submitted by Lobelia, last update on 22.04.2021.

Smoky goodness
I'd never seen this perfume in my life, just heard about it through British perfume enthusiasts. I nearly died when I saw this fragrance hidden in a small pharmacy in my hometown. I had believed that this wasn't sold in Australia until now.

Monsoon is a smoky oriental in every way. It's slightly sweet with delicate notes of jasmine and rose sitting lightly on a base of incense, spices and amber.

The opening top notes and the heart smell truly divine, both on the card and on my skin. I can see why so many people overseas praise this scent to the high heavens. It reminds me of a toned-down version of Cacharel's Lou Lou.

It's rather expensive here in Australia, probably because it is so exclusive. The price tag when compared with the other scents in the same cabinet was a little outrageous. However for those first fleeting moments, I was thinking to myself that I could possibly afford to buy this treasure.

Unfortunately my spirit was dampened by a rather unpleasant and banal musky drydown with a strange hint of over-ripe banana. The longevity was also very poor I'm afraid. Not a good sign.

Nevertheless, I am pleased to have discovered this fragrance, even if it was for a momentary sniff. I feel like I've managed to experience something that was once so foreign.

Popular by Monsoon

Monsoon by Monsoon Monsoon Elation by Monsoon Eau Monsoon by Monsoon Shimó by Monsoon My Fairytale Fragrance by Monsoon Rose Gold by Monsoon