Aoud Forest

Aoud Forest by Montale
Aoud Forest is a perfume by Montale for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is fresh-green. It is still in production.

Ambergris, Grapefruit, Ginger, Seawater, Oud, Rose, Rosemary, White musk, Lemon

Submitted by Lotte1, last update on 27.05.2018

Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 3.0/10
I wont miss you...
I cant smell any oud on this one, but only a watery note with some vetiver and ginger.

Nothing new on Aoud Forest. I did expect more.

Smells like a less sweet version of Vetiver Des Sables.

Not worth it in my opinion.

Updated January 2014
Bottle 2.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 5.0/10
Pine Sol Opening; Dark Vetiver Drydown
Montale AOUD FOREST opens with a decidedly Pine Sol-y demeanor: citrusy, aromatic, and relatively loud, with a lot of evergreen trees creeping in shortly thereafter. What I interpret as brash may well seem merely bracing to others, but I don’t think that anyone can really deny that, at least at the outset, AOUD FOREST is far more masculine than feminine.

As the citrus and aromatics begin to fade, a dry vetiver-like woody base shows its face, reminding me vaguely of some of the more masculine Bond no 9 unisex edps (MONTAUK, BLEECKER et al.), especially the ones with gentle leather in them. I’m not smelling much in the way of aoud here, but it’s becoming plain after a few cases that Montale wields aoud with a measured hand. Most of the “Aoud” perfumes I’ve tried from this line do not emphasize the note, though they include it in the name-—perhaps for marketing purposes or to justify the cost? I’m thinking that some of these should be renamed: FOREST (with a jot of aoud), ROSE PETALS (ditto), etc.

I do find the smooth quasi-leather (would that be the ambergris?) vetiver drydown of AOUD FOREST rather likeable and something that I wouldn’t mind wearing in certain moods, but the Pine Sol opening is all-too-jolting for this tender nose. Désolée.

Popular Montale

Black Aoud by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale Pure Gold by Montale Full Incense by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Greyland by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Sandflowers by Montale Roses Musk by Montale White Aoud by Montale White Musk by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale Dark Purple / Black Purple by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale