Aoud Forest

Aoud Forest by Montale
Aoud Forest is a perfume by Montale for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is fresh-green. It is still available to purchase.

AmbergrisAmbergris GrapefruitGrapefruit GingerGinger Marine notesMarine notes OudOud Moroccan roseMoroccan rose RosemaryRosemary White muskWhite musk LemonLemon

Submitted by Lotte1, last update on 07.01.2022.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions
5.5

AromaPath
Is perfumery duped for Eternity?
Montale’s fragrances have very authentic aoud DNA, but this one doesn’t have quality of oud and not ever forestry at all. Marine and citrusy notes are very dominative and in few hours they are gone like a light breeze. Scent was done very close to “Eternity” by Calvin Klein. I feel like perfumery repeats itself with same like clones and identical accords. Longevity is very poor. Rose here is very shy or in minuscule proportion. If you want aromatic, synthetic, marine feel, why not to purchase less expensive version? Dupes are widely available. Gems are rare.
Misled again
In the meantime, I have the feeling that the fragrances at Montale are "cheating packages". Why? Because again and again what you expect or what the name promises is not in it. This is also the case with Montale Aoud Forest. Without letting myself be influenced by previous comments, I tested Aoud Forest and expected a fresh, green and woody summer scent. As Montale is not always oud, I didn't expect to smell an oud note clearly.

Aoud Forest actually starts out very fresh and green in the first 30 seconds, so my first thought made me hope that this is a composition I associate with forests. But appearances are deceptive, as the tangy grapefruit becomes more and more prominent. Seawater? Not a trace. I wouldn't know what seawater has lost in the forest, at most a breath of fresh morning dew. A few minutes later the scent drifts through the ambergris in a much sweeter direction, which then increasingly turns into shower gel. The scent becomes much more synthetic and unnatural. Still no forest in sight.

In the drydown it is a mixture of sweetness and shower gel, interestingly enough I take honey - maybe the forest honey that is supposed to make the whole thing authentic? ;-)

Anyway, for a fresh scent, durability and sillage are good, at about 7-8 hours it ends on my skin. The scent is definitely more masculine than unisex. I would possibly call it a niche version of "Yves Saint Laurent Y" because of its character. However, it is not clear to me why I would spend a lot of money for a shower fragrance at a niche store. Anyway, they do not meet my personal taste
5.5
I see the forest ...
...not for the trees.

And Aoud Forest sounded so tempting like "forest lust."

The Aoud reaches me clearly - but which tree does the resinous scent?
originate from?
My forest master is also standing in the forest with this question - which seems to consist of phantom trees, because neither of us discover greenery.

The Aoud is also creaky dry - not a drop of sea water in sight.
The addition Forest is strangely chosen - at most a forest after a dry period comes to my mind.

Rosemary was not saved, which makes the fragrance even more bulky.
The splash of lemon is also only a drop on the hot stone, and cannot deliver the expected freshness.

A resinous - spicy scent that reminds more of the shaggy undergrowth than of a secluded forest.

For me the scent is too masculine - but the husband also waves thankfully away.
We're in agreement this time.
Aoud Forest does not present itself very inviting.

In front of this ghost forest stands a rusty shield - with the inscription:
No trespassing.

Ginger/Honey beer!!
I got a sample of Montale Aoudforest today with another Montale/Mancera samples.

It open with lemon note ( strong opening ) then it dry down to a kind of ginger honey beer, salty smell according to Seawater note mixed with grapefruit, i still smell it all the way like that until it's gone.

I think it's versatile, you can use it any time any season casually, for me it doesn't smell formal or sophesticated,
and it can be used by both genders even if i think it suits men more than women.

About projection and longivity, it project good, not beast or soft, longivity i get around 2 - 3 hours only.

Not bad, i give it 7 of 10 .

I wont miss you...
I cant smell any oud on this one, but only a watery note with some vetiver and ginger.

Nothing new on Aoud Forest. I did expect more.

Smells like a less sweet version of Vetiver Des Sables.

Not worth it in my opinion.

Updated January 2014

Popular by Montale

Arabians Tonka by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Oud Dream by Montale Full Incense by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Ristretto Intense Cafe by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Honey Aoud by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Aoud Safran by Montale