Aoud Roses Petals

Aoud Roses Petals by Montale

Aoud Roses Petals is a perfume by Montale for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-woody. It is still in production.

Amber, Geranium, Gaiac wood, Oud, Rose, Saffron, Teakwood, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.09.2018

Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Contemplative Montale
My parents had a big rose garden in front of their house. Roses, robust, with many spines reinforced, giant sticks. Even as a little boy I was a flower fanatic, I picked everywhere, in every (foreign) garden, where I also came, the flowers of flowers and sniffed it.

(From my dentist, I got a bottle of rosewood oil, it has a slight anti-inflammatory effect, so I was mentally programmed for the sensation of flowers).

"Especially for discouraged, anxious and sensitive people, it brings light and confidence into everyday life, it is very
mood-enhancing and lets the mind become clear, harmonizing and soothing the emotions and giving it a zest for life. " satureja

As a teenager, I wanted to extract the scent and cooked the petals of the roses. In the broth they turned into a disgusting, brown mass, the smell, of stewed vegetables. I was desperate like Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, who believed in Florence that he had reached its limits. Not every raw material can be distilled.
In Grasse, however, mastered the art of Enfleurage, the petals are elaborately, individually, in grease. This is how they elicit their aroma. I was recently amazed that this is also possible through distillation, the rose altar, the co-distillation of rose petals and sandalwood oil.

The bud of the rose: green, still closed, an aroma of green, leaves. The flower: if you put your nose in, you first furry, velvety of the petals true, a moist, slightly dull smell. If one penetrates to the bottom of the flower, one perceives a honey-like pollen odor.

The fully ripe flower opens and finally the petals begin to fall off. There are multiple flowering plants and a Joe Catfiel, with its specially shaped flowering order, will stay in bloom for a long time, until it also expands, becomes exposed, gets bigger and bigger and the soil becomes visible. The aroma has now completely changed, now dominate the musty moist, vegetable flavors.
The glamorous scent of the rose is just a copy of the radiant original. If the petals have fallen, there is only a sad remnant. If you do not cut it off, fruits form, the rosehip, a kind of reddish berry, in which the juicy seeds, the nutlets, are stored for reproduction. In turn, they look like little chili grains, a good bird food and for every friend of roses a consideration: do I take care of my roses, or do I give the birds an emergency ration for the winter?
These fruits taste aromatic, a nut-like aroma.

Thus, the green, immature bud became a red, juicy fruit, with aromatic nuclei.

Birth, life, death.

Become and pass away.

I see this cycle with Aoud Roses Petals every time.
Excellent picture. A rotating, pulsating, circling idea of ​​every stage of the life of the rose.
The phases from the beginning to the end, phased in well reproduced, this idea transformed into a fragrance composition.

I close my eyes, enjoy, melancholy. This fragrance does not explode like some Montale, it invites more to meditation.

(To be honest: I do not like cut flowers, I like flowers where they grow, the whole life cycle, even if the blooming is always a bit painful).

Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 5.0/10
Like the name
The trend of aoud fragrances is here. Why not to try and see if you like aoud or not. And , as I learned from my dear reviewers, it highly depends of the quality of the aoud.
Montale named his perfume Aoud( first thing first) and Roses Petales(last). It was ment for me, the novice, to understand that what I have to evaluate is the aoud. And I did. I did not like it. Heavy like a huge door that does not let you open it, or, maybe, I was the one who could not find the way to do it.
While standing in front of this door you can smell roses, petals of roses, but I imagine that not too many novices opened the door becase the rose petals are dried up. Eventually I drew a parralel with Crown- Rose Bouquet- with its smell of dried roses.
I am still learning. That's all .
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Addictive
Addictive.

Not harsh neither medicinal oud if compared to Aoud Lime or White Aoud first notes.

Oud here is soft and rose is sweet and comforting. I can clearly detect the geranium note and a light woody note.

It reminds a lot of Aseel by Al-Rehab for sure - Aseel is slightly less sweet and more earthy roses.

Aoud Rose Petals is unisex and has a great lasting power and sillage. I prefer this to Aoud Queen Roses and to Aoud Damascus.

Updated January 2014
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
More Rosebush Than Oud--but still very good
Montale AOUD ROSE PETALS opens as a strong greenish rose bush perfume, by which I mean complete with stems, leaves and thorns-—and a few petals, too. This stage lasts sufficiently long to remind me of TEA ROSE and lead me to ask why I would buy another rosebush-in-a-blender perfume for 50x (or more…) the price of the queen of green rose, readily available for single-digit dollars.

After several minutes, however, the regality of AOUD ROSE PETALS finally begins to shine through, at this point reminding more of Amouage UBAR than TEA ROSE. But I hasten to add that I still do not think that the oud (or aoud or oudh) note ever asserts itself enough to warrant classifying this as an oud perfume. This is a beautiful floral composition, but it is, in the end, a floral, not an oriental perfume.

The drydown of ROSE PETALS OUD manifests the same vintage quality shared by UBAR and L’OMBRE ROSE, so for now (for the same crassly economic reason) I’ll stick with the latter. All in all, while I like ROSE PETALS OUD, its various stages are so similar to other, far less expensive perfumes that it seems best to save the big Montale bucks for something else from their vast collection, which I am only beginning to explore.

-----
After acquiring some manufacturer's carded samples from this house, I decided to try AOUD ROSES PETALS again and found that it is much more oriental than it seemed from my initial testing from a decanted vial. Hmmm.... I do not think that it is heavily oudified, but there is definitely a lot more going on than just roses.

• by Irini by Irini
  • by Miaw2 by Miaw2

Popular Montale

Black Aoud by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale Full Incense by Montale Pure Gold by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Greyland by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Sandflowers by Montale Roses Musk by Montale White Aoud by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale White Musk by Montale Dark Purple / Black Purple by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Red Aoud by Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale