Attar

Attar by Montale
Compare Prices
Attar is a popular perfume by Montale for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is flowery-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Oud, Rose, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.12.2015

Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Comforting oud
Its a great combination of sandalwood, roses and a little bit of oud.

In my opinion the fresh roses dominates this fragrance from the beginning to the end.

Very warm and comforting scent. For me it's unisex.

Lasting power is weaker than other releases, but it's very good though.

Updated January 2014
Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
In this case it's true: Less is More
Montale ATTAR is such a compellingly beautiful perfume to my nose, and yet it features a small number of focal notes: sandalwood, oud, and rose. How can it be so gorgeous? Because the sandalwood, the oud, and the rose used are top notch. This is an excellent example of the quality ingredients strain of haute niche perfumery. Instead of attaching a bunch of bells and whistles and curlicues, Pierre--or reasonable facsimile--simply presents these notes in all of their glory.

I really love this Montale creation, the rose dominates the perfume but is deepened by the sandalwood and the measured dose of oud. (I agree with Aromi, see below, that sometimes oud-rich perfumes are a bit much...) There is a dark, mysterious feeling to this creation, with an almost animalic quality close to ambergris in the background, it seems to me. There is also a graininess to the texture which I find quite appealing. It is as though the rose petals were shredded and blended to form an oud-sandalwood-amalgam. So, yes, this creation seems fairly linear to my nose. But that's fine with me, because it smells so good that I don't want it to change.

I love a few of the Montale rose perfumes, but this one is at the top of my wishlist!

Popular Montale

Black Aoud by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale Pure Gold by Montale Full Incense by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Greyland by Montale Sandflowers by Montale White Aoud by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale White Musk by Montale Roses Musk by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Red Aoud by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale