Black Aoud (2006)

Black Aoud by Montale

Black Aoud is a popular perfume by Montale for men and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Labdanum, Oud, Sandalwood, Rose

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.07.2020.

Aoud for advanced users
I'm not yet at peace with the ingredient aoud - especially when it stands out dominantly from a fragrance.

And the Oud in Black does not only stand out - it determines the fragrance - very dark, so that the addition " Black " fits.

Unfortunately.

Just one spray darkens the room - and the thoughts.
Even the sky is contracting ominously and a storm is brewing.
Woody Allen would call the scent " Kafkaesque."

Oud connoisseurs will probably appreciate the " scent " - but I don't count myself among them.

Here in the Ruhrpott one would say : Smells like a cudgel on a head !
A hearty paraphrase - but one that hits the nail on the head.

Lighter oud ingredients may appeal to me from time to time - but not this black drone.

The other ingredients listed do not reach me - they remain hidden behind a heavy black curtain.

Maybe something for " black magician ?
1.5
just crass.........bad ;-(
How good that it was only 5ml that inspired me to do a test. I don't want to write a few lines here, but simply get to the point. I don't know what this smells like. It is simply a very strong and very intense soap smell! The durability and Sillage are rightly in the upper third, but what use is it to me, when after spraying it comes up to me. I know Oud from Boss, Gucci or Tom Ford, but here I don't smell any of it. I'm sorry not to describe to you in more detail what my nose has perceived here in terms of scents. Soapy, strongly medically unpleasant easy for me, which was not lost even after 20 - 30 minutes. Sorry, we're more likely to become enemies than friends
In the name of the rose
First of all, the Sillage is above average, so I find Black Auod a bit too intrusive. Rose is clearly dominant for me, so the fragrance is naturally very flowery. Spicy, oriental and fresh, the thoroughly pleasant fragrance is accompanied. Overall, this fragrance is rather unisex for me
4.5

Strong stuff!
It seems like this stuff is better sprayed on the hand or wrist - stay away from your neck and chest with this stuff. But either way, my tongue still tastes the chemicals (gross!). And the smell isn't all that good.

Akela
It's only for those who like perfumes!
Good ... crazy ... the tastes are not discussed! I personally like it. But my wife was hurt in the stomach after smelling it! The truth that at the opening smells of dressing .. as they are in hospitals! Then slowly it turns into a rose smell - oud! It's not really a smell ... universally pleasant !!!

Elegant agarwood
Definitely one of the best fragrances in my collection. I don't want to talk around the bush, and I'll get to the point right away.
At the first spray, one turns away, because the heavy woody spicy notes bite in the nose. Over time, however, Black Aoud develops into something very elegant, calming and balsamic. This fragrance is oriental, but not conspicuously oriental.
I can personally perceive Oud, but it is not as present as the rose, but both are very balanced and therefore the fragrance is also quite mysterious and elegant.
The individual fragrances are well selected, as is the quality of the oils.
A short experience from me:
I put 2 sprayers on my left arm this morning, but I had to go out and swim in the meantime. Of course Black Oud is still very present, the little splashing and showering didn't bother the mysterious gentleman :)

Definitely a buy tip, but test before announced...

Oud and Rose Mashup Punch...Unisex
One side Oud power and the other side Rose lady. It's a kind of punchy unisex oud fragrance. Longevity and sillage are unbeatable. The very first day in my office, my colleague started complemented me. I am expecting more on the coming days. Only two sprays are enough to highlight your presence in a crowd. This is definitely a daytime fragrance but not for dating or night out. Fragrance lasts for two days in my experience but the first 12 hours. Boom Boom Oud Rose punch. Thank you Montale.

Vade retro!
Let’s start with the good news: nearly all ouds by Montale share the same exact boring artificial oud notes, while Black Aoud doesn’t really. It’s very different from any other oud scent by Montale (still good news here), and actually it doesn’t seem containing oud notes in the first place for me. The bad news is that it would have been so better if it was “just another oud by Montale”. Because as is, it smells revolting for me. It’s basically an extremely dry, bitter, bold, rather pungent, extremely artificial and overwhelmingly horrid woody-patchouli powerhouse drenched in latex, with some faint rose-musky notes and an Oriental aura of dark spices, also slightly infused with something resembling to coffee. Basically Van Cleef pour Homme, Boucheron Homme and A*Men Cuir having a threesome in a seedy sex club scented with some supermarket rose room spray. And despite I am a fan of powerhouses, even the cheaper ones, I find this a complete failure. It’s just too much. And not “too dark” or “too daring”. Just “too garbage”. It smells really too cheap, acrid, vile and screechy to be even barely wearable just for fun. And also, it seems to me completely uninspired and uncreative, given that it clumsily emulates a type of scent – the zombie macho drugstore powerhouse – you can get with a fraction of its price. Just get Van Cleef pour Homme, let it rot for a while, paint it in pink, here’s Black Aoud. The drydown is tolerable (maybe it’s just the relief speaking), but all in all it’s still an abysmal pointless experience I wouldn’t really recommend.

4,5-5/10

Traditional Rose/Oud Combo
It should have been called Black Rose Oud , dominating Rose with a little less but equally present Oud companion transforming it into a musky / creamy woody(oud) and sweet scent.
Personally I won't wear it too often due to a significant amount of Rose which makes it a bit feminine imho but its very personal if somebody likes to wear Rose dominant scents its a lovely choice which has very high quality Rose/ Oud scent with an adorable composition especially the dry down phase.

My oud
I Love it :-) ...its sillage is amazing....not easy to wear but impossible to forget .... my friends suggested me...in a first moment i was so scaried by ouds...but now i love this kind of fragrance.
It's a winter must

MilanM90MilanM90 107 days ago
Synthetic, heavy, dark, nauseous.... Not for everybody. Silage and Longevity are god but not like Aoud Musk.
SergioTSergioT 128 days ago
Love this. Medical, iodine kinda vibe, with a strong rose and a powdery oud and patch combo. Very goth and unisex.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 178 days ago
A strong balsamic rose oud perfume with a huge performance! Best oud by Montale? Well, I prefer his Dark Oud and the Saffron Oud options.
ItchynoseItchynose 16 months ago
Rose, oud and a hint of sandalwood... an intense and masculine version of Guerlain's Santal Royal.
SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 22 months ago
Just don't smell it to close to the skin, like most montale DNA fragrances with that same chemically synthetic musk
RajeshKumarRajeshKumar 3 years ago
Oud and Rose mashup punch
Simovacchi77Simovacchi77 5 years ago
love it or hate it....no other options...I love it so muych...but I can wear it only during the winter

by jakdelind
by MrC0rnells
by Splashfrag12
by Splashfrag12

Popular Montale

Full Incense by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Aoud Safran by Montale White Musk by Montale Greyland by Montale Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale Louban by Montale Oudmazing by Montale