Black Aoud 2006

Black Aoud by Montale
Black Aoud is a popular perfume by Montale for men and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with Black Phantom Memento Mori

Cambodian oud, Indonesian patchouli, Musk, Mandarin orange, Rose, Labdanum, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.01.2021.

Dazzled...
of the yet very promising fragrance pyramid, I let me get a filling of this fragrance. After the first aufprühen I was very surprised how from the listed notes could arise such a fragrance? I gave it a few hours, but improvement was none in sight.

What I smelled? Exclusively pungent hairspray with powdery notes and that for several hours. Where was the oud that is already promised in the product name? I was very disappointed, because it was so not what you imagined with these ingredients.
After many hours then did something. He became much quieter and this pungent note faded. Rose and some patchouli came to light. Unfortunately, however, that was not compensation enough for the previous hours.
Maybe I was too gullible, at just over 100 € Uvp for 100ml to expect something that smells like qualitative oud. Possibly rose oud is also not my fragrance.

Finally, to have said not only negative about him, you have to credit him but his durability, because that is really powerful.

Arabian Nights Meets Roses In A Rainforest
I was checking the remaining other samples of fragrances from luckyscent which a loved one had bought some time ago now, and decided to try this one after reading it was surprising that it was "pour homme". As a woman, I wanted to see how this fragrance went on my skin so I applied a little bit of this from the 0.7ml sample onto my wrists and behind my ears.

My initial impression was immediately of a very fresh, green and fruity rose mixed with what I can only think is Oud(h) - an oil I've not scented before but which has a unmistakable and distinctive aroma based upon this fragrance - and there was the definite aroma of patchouli mixed with a musky rose wood scent, basically akin to rosewood and musk mixed together and wafting up from my skin.

Initially, the scent of the Oud was quite strong and sharp and I worried that I'd end up with a headache but thankfully, after about 15 minutes, the sharpness of the Oud became a softer mixture of aromas, with rose the dominant note and blending with musk and a fruity floral herbaceous note, orange mandarin, which uplifted the fragrance, giving it a fresh, fruity, brighter and citrusy tone. which really uplifted the perfume and my mood which was exactly what I needed. As someone who has been involved with aromatherapy for some years now, and uses essential oils often, mandarin and citrus oils are renowned for their abilities to balance and uplift emotional states such as depression. That was a wonderful touch and I commend Montale for this.

I was pleasantly reminded of some rose-musk incense sticks I use to source at a quaint little bookshop in Glebe when I was living in student accommodation during my first year at University. The bookshop always had an excellent collection of good quality incenses and I would buy these lovely rose-musk incense sticks as well as patchouli incense sticks from Nepal and India. This fragrance reminds me vividly of being in that lovely little bookshop, browsing through books and breathing in the beautiful aromas of the various incenses, especially when the musk-rose sticks were being burnt.

Half an hour after first application to pulse points, I was enjoying the delicious aromas of a gentler rose and noticed the rose had softened from its initial sharp rich freshness on opening and had become much more feminine and powdery, reminiscent of a rose talcum powder. There was still the hint of musk and just a touch of the moist earthiness of the patchouli base to contain the aromas.
By the time the heart notes were reached, the combination of the warm gentler almost powdery and very delicate rose fragrance blended seamlessly with musk and transported me back in time to my frequent perusals of the quaint bookshop in Glebe. This lovely blend of delicate rose and musk reminds me of those halcyon days at University.

Montale Black Aoud Pour Homme also reminded me of exploring one of the beautiful rainforests in Queensland during my summer holidays between University years where wild roses grew amongst the foliage and emitted beautiful rose scents and the earthy and moist smell of damp fertile soil underfoot rose up just as the patchouli provides a lovely base for the rose-musk- and fresh floral tones. In the dry down, after about two or three hours, the rose became more delicate and sensual and blended seamlessly with the woody notes of sandalwood whilst being rounded off by slight aromas of labdanum. The memory of being in the rainforest during my University holidays, exploring the walking tracks with loved ones, was intensified due to a hint of moss, the fragrance becoming more woody whilst the rose still takes precedence but has become sweeter and brighter, and the moist earthiness of the soil that one walks underfoot due to the patchouli.

This fragrance is quite lovely, and whilst it does indicate that it's for men, I think it works well for women. There's a strong scent of rose and combined with the musk and a fresh, herbaceous green floral aroma, this perfume is ideal for a woman who is confident and who likes rose-musk fragrances as well as the earthiness of a patchouli base.

This fragrance is one I absolutely adore even though I had to rely solely on a luckyscent sample and it's my experienced to date that these samples tend to be much more concentrated than the actual bottles of EDP. Montale's Black Aoud Pour Homme does not contain too many different notes but it is blended beautifully, also suits women, and is a divine scent which I'd like to perhaps buy in the future.
Black grenade
A performance monster..... probably won't please everyone but if you are looking for an extraordinary scent ...if you want to stand out it's the perfect scent...not many people will like it the first time they spray it but how it develops on the skin and how it smells in the air is the first cream...very careful to dose it....I just love it.

Black Aoud Rose Monster
So, where to begin. The first time I smelled this was on a paper strip in a store. It was quite pleasant at the moment. A masculine rosy fragrance.

A while later I had the chance to buy it at half price, so I went for it. It begins very rosey, and soon it goes in a very aoudy medicinal/patchouli direction. I always find ik difficult to say something about sillage and projection, except for this fragrance. When I do one spray, my girlfriend smells it from the other side of the house when I come in. Like 8 meters further and her feedback is: "You have sprayed too much perfume!".

When I got the fragrance, I was at the office and I sprayed two sprays. A mistake... My boss said: what is this strong smell, it's like pot pourrri. Just to say, this is a whole other level of beast mode, more monster mode.

I have a love hate relationship with this. I start to like it after like 7 hours, when it's tamed a bit. I have thought about selling it, but everytime I change my mind.

The Oud smells synthetic and medicinal. I had the privilege to smell two kinds of oud oil, and they smelled so magical and natural. They evolved beautifully and this oud smell seems very static.

It's not a bad scent, Black Aoud, but I'm not really in love with it. It ends kind of spicy patchouli. Definitely try before buy.

Montale Black Aoud
This fragrance is a combo Rose-Oud with a base of patchouli. It opens up with a bomb of ripe red rose, accompanied by a intense and powerful indian Oud. As it starts to dry down the patchouli sweetens the scent, softening and decreasing its power. Nice unisex scent with great sillage and longevity.
Aoud for advanced users
I'm not yet at peace with the ingredient aoud - especially when it stands out dominantly from a fragrance.

And the Oud in Black does not only stand out - it determines the fragrance - very dark, so that the addition " Black " fits.

Unfortunately.

Just one spray darkens the room - and the thoughts.
Even the sky is contracting ominously and a storm is brewing.
Woody Allen would call the scent " Kafkaesque."

Oud connoisseurs will probably appreciate the " scent " - but I don't count myself among them.

Here in the Ruhrpott one would say : Smells like a cudgel on a head !
A hearty paraphrase - but one that hits the nail on the head.

Lighter oud ingredients may appeal to me from time to time - but not this black drone.

The other ingredients listed do not reach me - they remain hidden behind a heavy black curtain.

Maybe something for " black magician ?
1.5
just crass.........bad ;-(
How good that it was only 5ml that inspired me to do a test. I don't want to write a few lines here, but simply get to the point. I don't know what this smells like. It is simply a very strong and very intense soap smell! The durability and Sillage are rightly in the upper third, but what use is it to me, when after spraying it comes up to me. I know Oud from Boss, Gucci or Tom Ford, but here I don't smell any of it. I'm sorry not to describe to you in more detail what my nose has perceived here in terms of scents. Soapy, strongly medically unpleasant easy for me, which was not lost even after 20 - 30 minutes. Sorry, we're more likely to become enemies than friends
In the name of the rose
First of all, the Sillage is above average, so I find Black Auod a bit too intrusive. Rose is clearly dominant for me, so the fragrance is naturally very flowery. Spicy, oriental and fresh, the thoroughly pleasant fragrance is accompanied. Overall, this fragrance is rather unisex for me
4.5

Strong stuff!
It seems like this stuff is better sprayed on the hand or wrist - stay away from your neck and chest with this stuff. But either way, my tongue still tastes the chemicals (gross!). And the smell isn't all that good.

Akela
It's only for those who like perfumes!
Good ... crazy ... the tastes are not discussed! I personally like it. But my wife was hurt in the stomach after smelling it! The truth that at the opening smells of dressing .. as they are in hospitals! Then slowly it turns into a rose smell - oud! It's not really a smell ... universally pleasant !!!

Finerthings8Finerthings8 4 months ago
Like many other Montales , it is super synthetic, not original, nuclear performance and cheap/ugly bottle. It is way overpriced for what it
MilanM90MilanM90 10 months ago
Synthetic, heavy, dark, nauseous.... Not for everybody. Silage and Longevity are god but not like Aoud Musk.
SergioTSergioT 11 months ago
Love this. Medical, iodine kinda vibe, with a strong rose and a powdery oud and patch combo. Very goth and unisex.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
A strong balsamic rose oud perfume with a huge performance! Best oud by Montale? Well, I prefer his Dark Oud and the Saffron Oud options.
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Rose, oud and a hint of sandalwood... an intense and masculine version of Guerlain's Santal Royal.
SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 2 years ago
Just don't smell it to close to the skin, like most montale DNA fragrances with that same chemically synthetic musk
RajeshKumarRajeshKumar 4 years ago
Oud and Rose mashup punch
Simovacchi77Simovacchi77 5 years ago
love it or hate it....no other options...I love it so muych...but I can wear it only during the winter

by jakdelind
by MrC0rnells
by Splashfrag12
by Splashfrag12

Popular Montale

Full Incense by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Oud Dream by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Arabians Tonka by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Greyland by Montale Aoud Safran by Montale Oudmazing by Montale