Black Aoud 2006

Black Aoud by Montale
Black Aoud is a popular perfume by Montale for men and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Black Phantom Memento Mori

Cambodian oudCambodian oud Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli MuskMusk Mandarin orangeMandarin orange RoseRose LabdanumLabdanum SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 07.05.2022.

OhmarOhmar 3 months ago
In a late summer sunset walk the streets of an exotic city in search of mysterious places you are dragged into a beautiful garden a green garden e luxuriant...
DolbyDolby 10 years ago
Nowhere as dark as I thought it would be. In fact, only the opening is stark, woody, and raw. Deceptively, it led me to believe that it would...

Emreeryilmaz
Not suitable for all ages and people. Your outfit will give this fragrance a character.
This fragrance is quite different and difficult to describe. The scent is a combination of herbal notes reminiscent of crushed white rose petals, and the earthy scent (petrichor) formed after the rain falling on the soil in the forest. Like a wet tree trunk. Rose is very different from the rose scents you are used to. Definitely a white rose. Therefore, it is not feminine. The fragrance feels pretty dark. It stays on the skin for up to 8 hours. Stays on fabric for over 20 hours. The spread rate starts to decrease after the first 6 hours. I think men and women over 30 can use the fragrance. The best outfits for this fragrance are black and noble outfits. It's not a sun scent. It feels like autumn and night scent.

Indelible desire
In a late summer sunset
walk the streets of an exotic city
in search of mysterious places
you are dragged into a beautiful garden
a green garden e
luxuriant stay there a long time
an indefinite time
try to understand what pushed you into it
ecstatic and drugged you think of a medicine
the cure for your carnal desire
but it's late
it's almost dark
and even if you know that you will never have it
you know you'll be back tomorrow anyway
you are sure his illusion will be here
will be here whenever you feel like it ...

Rosa the undisputed protagonist, at the opening supported by heavy, pungent and animalic oud
with the arrival of patchouli it adds to its structure a lot of medicinal green, and that as its infinite longevity progresses it becomes slightly sweet.
The incensed sensation is always present and very deep, as dark in opening as light in drying.
The result is an elegant and very carnal composition, beautiful, which never ceases to exist, which pierces the air for many hours, and which therefore, is not suitable for all occasions, must be contextualized, because it will surely be remembered for a long time.
Very complicated, it doesn't necessarily have to please everyone. The only certainty is that, of its kind, it was if not the first, among the very first to arrive,
and will surely be "the last to go away"
Indelible
Mancera The Aoud vs Montale Black Aoud
Since I have samples of both, the perfume houses quasi belong together and the perfumes seem so already very related I compare these times, Montale on the left arm and Mancera on the right.

Opening:
Montale opens with a very medicinal - artificial oud - rose blend underpinned by patchouli. Positively I find the patchouli, for me not necessarily delicious but also not too "soapy", as it is usually the case. Goes rather into the oily-herbaceous. I find that neither the oud nor the rose smells natural here. The oud is neither warm, nor animalic, barn-yard like but is responsible for the medicinal note in my opinion. In addition, a breath of old, dry wood.

Mancera
The Mancera smells off the bat clearly more complex and less medicinal. Pepper and the oil of bergamot I smell out very pleasantly. The rose mixed with geranium and saffron seems a little sweeter than the Montale and combines well with the woods. Peppery-hot-woody so, I like it a bit better than the Montale so far whereas this one reminds me quite a bit of church. Goes something in the direction of Guerlain Santal Royal. In the Mancera is also no animalic, poopy Oud in it but one with Medizinischer note, very similarly as in the Montale I would say but more difficult to say because this is not so in the center by the woods
Montale I find at first a little louder than Mancera.

Dry-down:
The two perfumes approach each other significantly.
The Montale becomes significantly less medicinal, the rose goes somewhat into the background. Everything is somehow a little rounder and a little less synthetic. Seems a little greener. Even has a certain freshness and the patchouli fits well. And normally I don't like patchouli. Not bad at all.

Unfortunately, I have to say that the Montale has the nose in front from my point of view, because the Mancera is a bit musty here and loses spice. The pepper and a bitter fresh note remains. The composition somehow blurred. Too bad.
Lucasm1998
Scratchy rose meets patchouli oud blend
Unknowing what to expect when using my sample of this fragrance I just applied the first time good 6 -8 spritzes.... Definitely a mistake.
This fragrance should be applied discreetly because the sillage is one of the strongest I was allowed to know my previous perfume experience. ( 3-4 splashes are enough for this H/S)

In the top note, as already described above, a, for me slightly disturbing, scratchy rose meets a patchouli-oud blend. This scratchy or biting sensation is probably caused by the musk note. But since this is a positive-smelling patchouli note that gains depth from the oud, I can overlook the annoying musk.
After about 2-3 hours, this is also no longer so noticeable and moves slightly into the background which I find good. Next sounds for me the patchouli very slightly which is no longer to smell after about 6 hours. At the end remains a very pleasant sillage of sandalwood and the Labdanum.

Conclusion: yes the fragrance is very difficult and takes some getting used to. After my initial mistake and a lighter dosage, I could nevertheless a little more with this fragrance befriend. Especially impresses me this strong H/S!!!
( Is the H/S always so good in perfumes from this house ?)
Polarize does the fragrance in any case and is definitely rather recommended for the dark and cold season.
About a purchase I'm still thinking
Old ?love does not rust
Black Aoud from the house of Montale is one of my long loves. It is very dominant, strong, fresh and persistent. You have to know exactly when to wear it. If you come with him around the corner , you have won or lost . I always feel like a winner. No matter what others think. The interplay of the fragrance components is a bit chemical, but that is normal for Montale. You have to give it some time to unfold. But then he pushes fragrance clouds still above. Which remind me again and again how love can be . ? Thank you
Dazzled...
of the yet very promising fragrance pyramid, I let me get a filling of this fragrance. After the first aufprühen I was very surprised how from the listed notes could arise such a fragrance? I gave it a few hours, but improvement was none in sight.

What I smelled? Exclusively pungent hairspray with powdery notes and that for several hours. Where was the oud that is already promised in the product name? I was very disappointed, because it was so not what you imagined with these ingredients.
After many hours then did something. He became much quieter and this pungent note faded. Rose and some patchouli came to light. Unfortunately, however, that was not compensation enough for the previous hours.
Maybe I was too gullible, at just over 100 € Uvp for 100ml to expect something that smells like qualitative oud. Possibly rose oud is also not my fragrance.

Finally, to have said not only negative about him, you have to credit him but his durability, because that is really powerful.

Arabian Nights Meets Roses In A Rainforest
I was checking the remaining other samples of fragrances from luckyscent which a loved one had bought some time ago now, and decided to try this one after reading it was surprising that it was "pour homme". As a woman, I wanted to see how this fragrance went on my skin so I applied a little bit of this from the 0.7ml sample onto my wrists and behind my ears.

My initial impression was immediately of a very fresh, green and fruity rose mixed with what I can only think is Oud(h) - an oil I've not scented before but which has a unmistakable and distinctive aroma based upon this fragrance - and there was the definite aroma of patchouli mixed with a musky rose wood scent, basically akin to rosewood and musk mixed together and wafting up from my skin.

Initially, the scent of the Oud was quite strong and sharp and I worried that I'd end up with a headache but thankfully, after about 15 minutes, the sharpness of the Oud became a softer mixture of aromas, with rose the dominant note and blending with musk and a fruity floral herbaceous note, orange mandarin, which uplifted the fragrance, giving it a fresh, fruity, brighter and citrusy tone. which really uplifted the perfume and my mood which was exactly what I needed. As someone who has been involved with aromatherapy for some years now, and uses essential oils often, mandarin and citrus oils are renowned for their abilities to balance and uplift emotional states such as depression. That was a wonderful touch and I commend Montale for this.

I was pleasantly reminded of some rose-musk incense sticks I use to source at a quaint little bookshop in Glebe when I was living in student accommodation during my first year at University. The bookshop always had an excellent collection of good quality incenses and I would buy these lovely rose-musk incense sticks as well as patchouli incense sticks from Nepal and India. This fragrance reminds me vividly of being in that lovely little bookshop, browsing through books and breathing in the beautiful aromas of the various incenses, especially when the musk-rose sticks were being burnt.

Half an hour after first application to pulse points, I was enjoying the delicious aromas of a gentler rose and noticed the rose had softened from its initial sharp rich freshness on opening and had become much more feminine and powdery, reminiscent of a rose talcum powder. There was still the hint of musk and just a touch of the moist earthiness of the patchouli base to contain the aromas.
By the time the heart notes were reached, the combination of the warm gentler almost powdery and very delicate rose fragrance blended seamlessly with musk and transported me back in time to my frequent perusals of the quaint bookshop in Glebe. This lovely blend of delicate rose and musk reminds me of those halcyon days at University.

Montale Black Aoud Pour Homme also reminded me of exploring one of the beautiful rainforests in Queensland during my summer holidays between University years where wild roses grew amongst the foliage and emitted beautiful rose scents and the earthy and moist smell of damp fertile soil underfoot rose up just as the patchouli provides a lovely base for the rose-musk- and fresh floral tones. In the dry down, after about two or three hours, the rose became more delicate and sensual and blended seamlessly with the woody notes of sandalwood whilst being rounded off by slight aromas of labdanum. The memory of being in the rainforest during my University holidays, exploring the walking tracks with loved ones, was intensified due to a hint of moss, the fragrance becoming more woody whilst the rose still takes precedence but has become sweeter and brighter, and the moist earthiness of the soil that one walks underfoot due to the patchouli.

This fragrance is quite lovely, and whilst it does indicate that it's for men, I think it works well for women. There's a strong scent of rose and combined with the musk and a fresh, herbaceous green floral aroma, this perfume is ideal for a woman who is confident and who likes rose-musk fragrances as well as the earthiness of a patchouli base.

This fragrance is one I absolutely adore even though I had to rely solely on a luckyscent sample and it's my experienced to date that these samples tend to be much more concentrated than the actual bottles of EDP. Montale's Black Aoud Pour Homme does not contain too many different notes but it is blended beautifully, also suits women, and is a divine scent which I'd like to perhaps buy in the future.
Black grenade
A performance monster..... probably won't please everyone but if you are looking for an extraordinary scent ...if you want to stand out it's the perfect scent...not many people will like it the first time they spray it but how it develops on the skin and how it smells in the air is the first cream...very careful to dose it....I just love it.

Black Aoud Rose Monster
So, where to begin. The first time I smelled this was on a paper strip in a store. It was quite pleasant at the moment. A masculine rosy fragrance.

A while later I had the chance to buy it at half price, so I went for it. It begins very rosey, and soon it goes in a very aoudy medicinal/patchouli direction. I always find ik difficult to say something about sillage and projection, except for this fragrance. When I do one spray, my girlfriend smells it from the other side of the house when I come in. Like 8 meters further and her feedback is: "You have sprayed too much perfume!".

When I got the fragrance, I was at the office and I sprayed two sprays. A mistake... My boss said: what is this strong smell, it's like pot pourrri. Just to say, this is a whole other level of beast mode, more monster mode.

I have a love hate relationship with this. I start to like it after like 7 hours, when it's tamed a bit. I have thought about selling it, but everytime I change my mind.

The Oud smells synthetic and medicinal. I had the privilege to smell two kinds of oud oil, and they smelled so magical and natural. They evolved beautifully and this oud smell seems very static.

It's not a bad scent, Black Aoud, but I'm not really in love with it. It ends kind of spicy patchouli. Definitely try before buy.

Montale Black Aoud
This fragrance is a combo Rose-Oud with a base of patchouli. It opens up with a bomb of ripe red rose, accompanied by a intense and powerful indian Oud. As it starts to dry down the patchouli sweetens the scent, softening and decreasing its power. Nice unisex scent with great sillage and longevity.

OhmarOhmar 3 months ago
Very dark rose
Animalic pungent oud
Green medicinal rose with patchouli
Constant deep incensed sensation
Pierces the air
Indelible carnal
LaurentiuLaurentiu 4 months ago
Very strong... very dark, heavy, gothic. Strong patchouli in the opening, and dries down to a animalic, rosy, earthy scent. Good performance
MickoMicko 5 months ago
Very synthetic rose...linear parfum, dominate rose...on my skin performance is average
DTCDTC 1 year ago
Impresionante combo rosas oud. Rosa potente, con una duración y estela como pocos perfumes
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
After a pungent rubbery-spicy opening, this challenging powdery spicy-floral fragrance, settles to a leathery earthy-woody base. Beast mode!
Finerthings8Finerthings8 2 years ago
Like many other Montales , it is super synthetic, not original, nuclear performance and cheap/ugly bottle. It is way overpriced for what it
MilanM90MilanM90 2 years ago
Synthetic, heavy, dark, nauseous.... Not for everybody. Silage and Longevity are god but not like Aoud Musk.
SergioTSergioT 2 years ago
Love this. Medical, iodine kinda vibe, with a strong rose and a powdery oud and patch combo. Very goth and unisex.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
A strong balsamic rose oud perfume with a huge performance! Best oud by Montale? Well, I prefer his Dark Oud and the Saffron Oud options.
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Rose, oud and a hint of sandalwood... an intense and masculine version of Guerlain's Santal Royal.

by jakdelind
by MrC0rnells
by Splashfrag12
by Splashfrag12

Popular by Montale

Intense Cafe by Montale Arabians Tonka by Montale Oud Dream by Montale Full Incense by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Ristretto Intense Cafe by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Honey Aoud by Montale Aoud Safran by Montale White Musk (Eau de Parfum) by Montale