Blue Amber (2006)

Blue Amber by Montale

Blue Amber is a popular perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Geranium
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoriander, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.01.2020.

8.0 8.0 10.0 5.0/10

Back 2 the 70s
Sorry - but I can't! My grandma smelled like this over 40 years ago!
I don't know what it was, but she always had TOSCA on her! Is that how TOSCA smells? I'll have to check...
This one can't have been it: it's only been around since 2006!

The scent is actually quite good - but the memory (and scents go there immediately - whether you like it or not) predominates here and therefore "grays" me almost.
I liked the smell at that time already somehow, but it was just so something of intrusive - and this is it today also!

A steam hammer from the first second on and he stays it laaaange!
I don't think it's the Amber, because I really like him...!?
Unfortunately I can't filter it out, but for me it remains the same fragrance from beginning to end: sweet and "old" - no change, no nuances.

Too bad, because the Sillage is good, the durability exceptional!
Sorry I can't describe him anymore, but it was too long for a statement.
I don't need it anyway - but: made it is certainly good and has certainly a very good quality.
As so often, the scent can't help that I don't like it (although I think it's good); therefore a balanced 5!

7.0 8.0 8.0 6.5/10

Meggi
The most amazing thing is a "not."
What's that, a Montale? Cause right after I spray it on, I smell... nothing. Of course relatively seen - that is: for Montale conditions. The fragrance takes about a minute to get off to a serious start. Only the rose geranium is already groping its way; scratchy, but also with something ethereal and biting. A hint of vanilla creeps behind.

Once the journey has begun, I find the association with cold ointment described above understandable, but it seems rather moderate to me. Also quite natural medicine. Plantago Bronchial Balsam from Wala maybe. The impression is probably fed by the funny, ethereal-fresh rose geranium. In contrast, I find a gently sweetened adhesive plaster note in the phase following much more noticeable. Besides, it smells a little like cough syrup. Prospan or so.

Amber - joah. The slightly sugary one of the middle morning should be him, flanked by a bitter trace that I do not come on the same one. Kind of herbaceous potato. I don't know, I don't know. Anyway, Mr Amber takes the sweeter direction around noon, I think again of plasters, whitish-sweetish. That's odd. A rough, scratchy base now also refers to patchouli. Today the vanilla-patchouli-combi seems to be a bit grumpy, "mona-esk" so to speak.

In the course of time it becomes more familiar again: Vanilla intervenes more courageously and continues to form the bracket around various amberies, which on the one hand remind me somewhat of plastic and wax and on the other hand do not neglect a certain (patchouli)-dustiness. This final chord accompanies me into the evening.

Conclusion: The most amazing thing about the fragrance is that it doesn't scream like other Montales. Otherwise I find it exactly as thrilling as the above explanations sound.

I thank MisterE for the rehearsal.
8.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Stormy reception
Today I picked a midnight blue bottle from the shining Montale sea of bottles because the colour appealed to me.

But I sprayed carefully because fragrances of this brand can surprise in any direction.

And promptly an acetonic smell mixed with alcohol and a few drops of gasoline hits me.

I'm irritated, but not scared.
My children's nose liked to sniff at acetone-containing nail polish removers, and even the smell of petrol always attracted me.
Moreover, this melange is transparent - but admittedly very peculiar.

After I had trimmed enough, this extraordinary note vanished again and made way for spiced flowers.
Blue Amber becomes soft, powdery and loose.
Patch and unsweet vanilla now unfold their oriental side.
The amber of the name stands elegantly but discreetly in the background.

A special prelude to a powdery oriental theme.

Definitely interesting.
5.0 10.0 10.0 7.0/10

Baby Powder Bomb
When I sprayed this fragrance on I expected a soft vanilla effusion. Instead, I got the feeling I slipped with the baby powder can. Among the powdery scents I've been allowed to smell so far, this one takes the throne here. In the beginning you smell a spice in combination with the powder, but after an hour the scent settles and what remains is a distinct powder smell that lasts for hours. If you go up close with your nose and inhale strongly, you will smell some vanilla, which fits well.
It all sounds very intimidating now, but if you like powdery scents, Blue Amber is just the thing. I personally find the fragrance too intense at first, but after 1-2 hours it takes on an intensity that I find very pleasant. After 10 hours night shift, only a gentle breath of baby powder was left.
In my opinion it is not a masculine fragrance, but it can be worn by men who do not have to compensate for their lack of masculinity with perfumes.
8.0 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Blue Amber
Wear a blue velvet jacket & toss your other amber perfumes.

This is amber the way it should be: teasing in the opening, surrounded by bergamot and geranium for sparks; giving in to vanilla in the process, but never too sweet; only just kept in pace by coriander and vetiver.
Really, no need to look any further, this is the best amber I found after years of investigation. (insert smiley with pipe).

Thank you Montale.
7.5 7.5 10.0 8.0/10

Nice golden brown amber!
Rich minerale amber, with spices (for me mainly corriander), some geranium, patchouli and powdery vanilla. It has a "creamy" texture, and I can wholeheartedly agree with @sherapop, that this is more brown/light brown than blue, or if I must call it blue, I would do so because it is really a warm scent. It smells rather sweet but not cloying. Blue Amber is also very relaxing, and I can imagine wearing this both a normal day, or a more intimate night. Sillage and longevity are both good.

........
You can find me on Fragrantca under the same username!
5.0 7.5 10.0 9.0/10

Amber reference
Sweet amber and that's it. The sweetest (but not cloying) pure amber.

The opening is a bit spicy, but then dries down to a goergeous amber and vanilla smell.

Much more wearable than Ambre Sultan, its very mineral. For me this is as good as Ambre Précieux, but this one has better lasting power.

Definetely a wonderful amber.

Updated January 2014

Carlitos01 11 months ago
Citrus & floral notes at the opening are soon replaced by thick, creamy, sweet amber, herbs & spices. Probably the best amber of Montale!+3

Dschungel
by ChatonNoir
Amber ohne gelb?
by TomLavender
das amber in diesem duft erinnert mich sehr an ein stückchen echten grauen amber, das ich in indien kaufte, sehr authentisch! blue amber ist für mich ein absolut essentieller duft
by Couchlock
by Miaw2
by Miaw2
Montale - Blue Amber 100ml EDP

Popular Montale

Black Aoud by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Full Incense by Montale Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale Pure Gold by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Greyland by Montale Sandflowers by Montale Roses Musk by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale White Aoud by Montale White Musk by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Dark Purple / Black Purple by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Red Aoud by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale