Blue Amber (2006)

Blue Amber by Montale

Blue Amber is a popular perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Geranium
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoriander, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.10.2018

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 7.5/10
Stormy reception
Today I picked a midnight blue bottle from the shining Montale sea of bottles because the colour appealed to me.

But I sprayed carefully because fragrances of this brand can surprise in any direction.

And promptly an acetonic smell mixed with alcohol and a few drops of gasoline hits me.

I'm irritated, but not scared.
My children's nose liked to sniff at acetone-containing nail polish removers, and even the smell of petrol always attracted me.
Moreover, this melange is transparent - but admittedly very peculiar.

After I had trimmed enough, this extraordinary note vanished again and made way for spiced flowers.
Blue Amber becomes soft, powdery and loose.
Patch and unsweet vanilla now unfold their oriental side.
The amber of the name stands elegantly but discreetly in the background.

A special prelude to a powdery oriental theme.

Definitely interesting.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Baby Powder Bomb
When I sprayed this fragrance on I expected a soft vanilla effusion. Instead, I got the feeling I slipped with the baby powder can. Among the powdery scents I've been allowed to smell so far, this one takes the throne here. In the beginning you smell a spice in combination with the powder, but after an hour the scent settles and what remains is a distinct powder smell that lasts for hours. If you go up close with your nose and inhale strongly, you will smell some vanilla, which fits well.
It all sounds very intimidating now, but if you like powdery scents, Blue Amber is just the thing. I personally find the fragrance too intense at first, but after 1-2 hours it takes on an intensity that I find very pleasant. After 10 hours night shift, only a gentle breath of baby powder was left.
In my opinion it is not a masculine fragrance, but it can be worn by men who do not have to compensate for their lack of masculinity with perfumes.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 9.0/10
Blue Amber
Wear a blue velvet jacket & toss your other amber perfumes.

This is amber the way it should be: teasing in the opening, surrounded by bergamot and geranium for sparks; giving in to vanilla in the process, but never too sweet; only just kept in pace by coriander and vetiver.
Really, no need to look any further, this is the best amber I found after years of investigation. (insert smiley with pipe).

Thank you Montale.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Nice golden brown amber!
Rich minerale amber, with spices (for me mainly corriander), some geranium, patchouli and powdery vanilla. It has a "creamy" texture, and I can wholeheartedly agree with @sherapop, that this is more brown/light brown than blue, or if I must call it blue, I would do so because it is really a warm scent. It smells rather sweet but not cloying. Blue Amber is also very relaxing, and I can imagine wearing this both a normal day, or a more intimate night. Sillage and longevity are both good.

........
You can find me on Fragrantca under the same username!
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Amber reference
Sweet amber and that's it. The sweetest (but not cloying) pure amber.

The opening is a bit spicy, but then dries down to a goergeous amber and vanilla smell.

Much more wearable than Ambre Sultan, its very mineral. For me this is as good as Ambre Précieux, but this one has better lasting power.

Definetely a wonderful amber.

Updated January 2014

• Dschungel by ChatonNoir
  • by Angua by Angua
  • by MrNiceGuy by MrNiceGuy
  • das amber in diesem duft erinnert mich sehr an ein stückchen echten grauen amber, das ich in indien kaufte, sehr authentisch! blue amber ist für mich ein absolut essentieller duft by Couchlock
  • Amber ohne gelb? by TomLavender
  • by Miaw2 by Miaw2
  • Montale - Blue Amber 100ml EDP by MrNiceGuy

Popular Montale

Black Aoud by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale Pure Gold by Montale Full Incense by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Greyland by Montale Sandflowers by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Roses Musk by Montale White Aoud by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale White Musk by Montale Dark Purple / Black Purple by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Red Aoud by Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale