Crystal Flowers

Crystal Flowers by Montale
Crystal Flowers is a perfume by Montale for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Italian mandarin orangeItalian mandarin orange
Moroccan roseMoroccan rose
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
AmbergrisAmbergris
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.09.2021.

A noble Swarovski Rose between lilies of the valley
Before I start my commentary here, I have to come out...I am a Montale FAN! A Montale Freak maybe :)
Nevertheless, I will now judge this fragrance very objectively! :)

If you know Roses Musk von Montale, you will immediately notice a great similarity! At least at the beginning...
It is indeed true that it is again a typical rose-musk scent from the house of Montale Paris, but this one has a little quirk...it is FLORALER than Roses Musk! The musk shows after a few minutes, but is not as penetrating as Rose's Musk...
The floral note (I guess it's the lily of the valley) plays a big role, which is what I really like about this fragrance... finally a Montale that you can wear in summer without causing other people to have trouble breathing! It reminds me of the first beautiful sunny days in spring, which one has eagerly awaited after a long winter!

The sillage and durability is again above average with this fragrance and lasts for about 8 hours :) a 100ml bottle therefore lasts very long!
Although I am someone who likes to apply 6-8 sprays of a fragrance, I am careful with this one...2 to a maximum of 4 sprays should EVERYTHING be enough to fill a room ;) typical Montale just...

Greetings
A Montale freak

2.5

Crystal Flowers: High-pitched synthetics in a container
Strong (as expected) and extremely screechy, high-pitched aromachemicals in a container. So unpleasant I had to srub the fragrance off my wrist after one hour - I could not stand this combination on my skin. One of the worst Montales I tried. Metallic-sour overtones kept haunting me in my sleep, probably the strong lily-of-the-valley-note. Artificial ambregris and musk don't improve this scent. No balance here, let alone beauty. I'd love to know what role "nature" played in the creation of this fragrance. It seems utterly artificial/synthetical to me. But, of course, this is a subjective observation, very subjective. "Crystal Flowers" don't obtain a place in my fragrance hall of fame. I advise them to my personal hall of shame.

Decidedly Designer-esque
Montale makes excellent Middle Eastern-inspired perfumes. Most anything with the word 'aoud' in the name is going to be a worthy representative of the ever-growing class of aoud perfumes. Once one steps out of the aoud range, however, everything is up for grabs, and it's anyone's guess what the perfume may be like!

CRYSTAL FLOWERS is a good example of a Montale which might have been a mainstream designer launch. It smells fine to me, a perfectly wearable office-ready, inoffensive fruity-floral frag. The flowers are abstract but not to the point of being unwearable. This composition reminds me of perfumes such as Creed SPRING FLOWER or Bond no 9 CHELSEA FLOWERS, both of which, too, fit into the category of office-ready inoffensive fruity floral frags. This really is a genre by now, and when I say fruity-floral, I mean more abstract floral than fruity, but there is a touch of fruity to give the overall composition a brightness. The musk used, too, is clear and clean, not dark and sweaty. This is a twenty-first-century type of perfume which has gained a legion of followers in the last few years. In some ways it may seem superficial, but it is also likable to many consumers.

Precisely because this sort of perfume is the sort of thing one runs into at Sephora among the current bestsellers, it may not be the wisest investment of one's big Montale bucks. Try before you buy.

by Ninina
by Ninina
by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular Montale

Oud Dream by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Full Incense by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Arabians Tonka by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Ristretto Intense Cafe by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Aoud Safran by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale