Dark PurpleBlack Purple (2011)

Dark Purple / Black Purple by Montale
Dark Purple / Black Purple (Montale)

Dark Purple is a perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is fruity-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange, Plum
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon geranium, Patchouli, Rose leaf, Red fruits
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Teakwood, White musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.10.2018

Scent 6.0/10
Italian raspberry soda
I'm not sure what Montale was trying to achieve with this one. As much as I am generally a fan of "fruitchoulis" and of raspberry in perfumes, this doesn't quite work for me. It starts off as an orange-chouli, similar to Nicole Miller Frenzy, but less complex.

This passes after a few minutes, and it becomes predominantly about the "red fruits." This reminds me of the raspberry version of Junket Danish Dessert, a powdered pudding mix available in the US (it's based on tapioca starch rather than gelatin).

After an hour or two, it develops a fizzy/tangy quality (I would guess from the geranium). I love Italian orange and grapefruit sodas, which are closer to tasting like the real fruit than ones like Fanta or Orange Crush, but don't closely resemble fruit juice. I haven't tasted a raspberry one, but I feel confident that it would smell like this phase of Dark Purple. I love certain coffee fragrances about which others say, "I don't want to smell like I spilled coffee on myself." I can't discern a reason why I LIKE to smell like I spilled coffee on myself, for instance. But, with equal illogic, I must say that I don't enjoy spilling Italian raspberry soda on myself. So Dark Purple is not for me.

• by ExUser by ExUser
  • by MaxdiParma by MaxdiParma

Popular Montale

Black Aoud by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale Pure Gold by Montale Full Incense by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Greyland by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Sandflowers by Montale Roses Musk by Montale White Aoud by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale White Musk by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Dark Purple / Black Purple by Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale Red Aoud by Montale