Honey Aoud 2015

Honey Aoud by Montale
Honey Aoud is a perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Sumatra patchouli, Floral notes, Ceylon cinnamon, Laotian oud, Amber, Leather, Madagascan vanilla

Submitted by Michael, last update on 27.05.2020.

Condorpilot1
What does he want to be?
About a year ago I visited the Floris perfumery shop in London and discovered their Honey Oud fragrance. "A little dream," I thought to myself, but unfortunately not in my budget. So I hoped to find a possible alternative and then found Montales Aoud Honey in the hope that they would resemble each other. Fortunately, I also found a perfumery with a large Montale assortment, including Aoud Honey. I was almost inclined to buy him blind.

Tested on the skin I realized within seconds that Montale Aoud Honey and Floris Honey Oud go completely different directions: While Floris comes across as delicately sweet and soft, Montale Aoud Honey initially develops into a smoke bomb with a sweetness background. Scratchy, spicy, woody, oriental and masculine in my opinion. The honey character even disappears relatively quickly. But what remains is a bomb sillage. The previous speaker described a medicinal smell similar to eucalyptus and rightly so! After a good 15 minutes, I notice this note also for a short time. After about 30 minutes even the sweetness is gone at first and it remains dry-woody and slightly smoky for the next couple of hours. Strangely enough, the sweetness came back after a long time, although it resembles vanilla in my nose. Finally, there is not much left of honey in the Aoud Honey. What remains, however, is a bomb sillage!

During the course of the fragrance I just couldn't decide whether I liked Aoud Honey or not. The opening definitely, the next 2-3 hours not at all and later, when the sweetness returns, I really like him. All in all I could well imagine buying it. Definitely a winter scent. I can only recommend everyone to test Aoud Honey at least once before on the skin and advise against a blind purchase.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 16 months ago
"Easy" Laotian Oud, lot's of Amber plus Cinnamon & Vanilla to mimic an honey cake. It's probably the Montale "Aoud" loved the most by women.

by OvidiuH
by OvidiuH

Popular Montale

Full Incense by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Arabians Tonka by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Oudmazing by Montale Greyland by Montale Oud Dream by Montale