Intense Cafe 2013

Intense Cafe by Montale
Intense Cafe is a popular perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesFloral notesFloral notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoffeeCoffee
RoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla
White muskWhite musk
AmberAmber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 28.09.2021.

Cafophobia
Hello dear ones,

i've had Intense Café on my list for a very very long time. I drink coffee very much, but do I want to smell like this? I've wondered that for a very long time and therefore put off the blind buy for a long time!

I became aware of a shop near me in Cologne through Instagram, which actually carries Montale fragrances! So immediately there and sniffed the good piece... I do not know to this day what was going on with me that day, but I found the fragrance very unpleasant and quickly crossed off my list again! Yeah what can I say!!! I couldn't get it out of my head, so I went back a few days later and tested it again! This time I got the coffee aroma! Uh no thanks, too much coffee! But had this fragrance + Sensual Instinct (also Montale) sprayed on the back of my hand!

I spontaneously decided on 2 other scents, was already on my way home by train, until I smelled them both again (about 30-40 minutes later)!

And then what happened? I got off purringly and went around to exchange both scents (Dark purple as well as Crazy in love, also Montale) for the two on the back of my hand!

I can definitely advise anyone to 1. test Montale fragrances on their skin and 2. let them be real! The top note says nothing about the actual fragrance! I as a niche novice have there probably just not yet the knack! ;-)

I now come more specifically to the fragrance: what do I get with Montale intense Café? In the beginning definitely the full blast of coffee! But the scent evolves :-) the coffee remains consistent with me all the time, but becomes more delicate and it also comes out a wonderful rose (which I actually can not stand) but never becomes too much! Not a dry stale rose but more of a rose syrup! The scent is not too sweet in my opinion and thus very much unisex, which is more than I can say for Sensual Instinct! It is much more feminine for me! But of course everyone should wear what pleases!

I am in any case very much in love with intense Café and this will probably be my autumn and winter fragrance!
Sillage and durability are also top! Sprayed on at noon, I could still guess him in the morning the next day :-)

Do not be afraid of the coffee, dare you!
"Café " not "Kafee"
That's how I interpret the name, because the coffee doesn't play the main role. It's more about the aroma of a nice cafe where you smell delicious and sweet cupcakes and where the smell of ordered coffee comes and goes. The scent is very nice, after the coffee note disappears it remains sweet like a rose syrup, towards the end( after about 5-6 hours) is like a skin cream, which also smells very pleasant
GirlofNow
Cafe Intense or Saffron Intense?
Excitedly I expected yesterday with my grandfather our ordered bottlings:D
Most of the bottlings were from Montale.... I already knew before the order some Montale fragrances thus also the Intense Cafe;)
Only I must reluctantly admit really captivated or in the back of my mind remained this fragrance not really...
And no not because it smells bad but because it had already reminded me when spraying on immediately Black Opium.
My grandfather, however, could not forget this fragrance and has therefore equal to the order of Montale Müsterchen also treated to the bottle of it:D At an unbeatable price;)
Also my mother could inspire for Montale in particular for the Roses Musk:)
I, on the other hand, thought the scents were nice in themselves but most of them smelled like deodorants to me...
Now comes the best as my grandfather the Intense Cafe with great joy aufprühte I immediately smelled a very familiar but also much loved fragrance of me which enchants me until now...
And no not the Black Opium but the Michael Kors Starlight Shimmer....
I was speechless not only because I didn't expect this but because it was like a surprise for me at that moment....
And you can now also think that I also wanted to spray it on my skin just to see if it also develops so on my skin....
I have decided to describe the scent on the skin of my grandfather but also on mine;))
I can tell you it's again a super exciting for me to smell/realize how each scent can smell different on each different skin!
The scent progression on my grandfather's skin...
Already with the first spray a very dominant rose note was to be smelled which is accompanied by dull dark coffee.
The dear gentlemen can breathe a sigh of relief it is not a feminine or even soapy rose note much more (in my imagination) a black but also deep rose note.
The coffee note is very dull on the skin of my grandfather.
What surprised me it is not at any minute milky nor aromatic!
One can say bitter coffee purely!
You can tell me what you want but I smell a very presente saffron note on the skin of my grandfather and indeed the same saffron note as the Starlight Shimmer of Michael Kors...
The coffee note is only a good hour present on the skin of my grandfather then it is very quiet and cold I would say now but in a fine way and white The rose as well as saffron note are getting louder and again in a very fine way and white.
Nothing disturbs, not bites or stings it is all very harmonious but still striking for its own environment.
My grandfather could smell this fragrance both on the skin as well as clothes because the whole day.
The fragrance on my skin...
Starts with me immediately with a cappuccino note, although what I love yes but I have missed the rose note the most...
The was only good 10min. on my skin smellable and unfortunately in a very pungent way and weisse...:(( Too bad!
The coffee note was from minute to minute milky and said goodbye after two good hours also from my skin.... Remaining on my skin vanilla aroma...
For an hour I thought the scent would be gone because I funny weisse nothing more smelled but then came a full blast saffron and I did not know whether I should be happy or this fragrance should wash off my wrist because the saffron note reminded me unfortunately not to my beloved Michael Kors Starlight Shimmer rather to the Cuir Cavalier of Parfums MDCI My grandfather had once of it a Müsterchen ... And I can say that neither he nor I were thrilled by this fragrance because it is pure saffron what one smells...
The Intense Cafe is beautiful but also interesting, because it is a clear fragrance experience but I'm not sure if I would also buy it I think I would have to test it again in winter more closely.
H+S is very good on my skin on the clothes perfect. (10.hours)
My grandpa is incredibly happy with his new treasure in his collection and enjoys it every time and can only recommend it for gourmand noses;)))

A fragrance delight
Unisex fragrance that can come a little closer to what we understand as feminine. Here we find a prominent rose that is accompanied by a gourmand aroma, with a sensation of coffee with milk, of an Oriental cut. It has an enveloping aroma, which will delight those who like sweet fragrances. Good duration and projection for cold weather. I think it is very worth trying it and see if it is to your liking, since for the price that it often has it is very worth it since it is closer to the niche world.

Annajana
Rose water, vanilla and roasted coffee beans
For me personally it smells like sugared rose with vanilla and coffee notes. Unfortunately coffee is less and less. It lasts all day (in my case to 10 hours) , is with me even after showering still perceive bit....Wahnsinn.
I can only recommend Intense Café by Montale.
Coffee in the evening
Coffee fragrances I have not tested many, so far only years ago "So New York" by Bond No. 9, which I did not like at all (dry filter coffee with plum) and "Black Opium", which lives more of a screaming sweet note.

In the opening of "Intense Cafe", one directly encounters synthetics, which Montale never seems to be able to avoid, but here it is far from a clubbing, but all within a pleasant framework.
Sweet floral notes with creaminess herald the scent, a coffee aroma also makes its presence known, but not too strong or bitter.
The rose is sweet, not pungent or cool.
I actually do not feel it as a very heavy winter fragrance, it has despite the notes something airy and cheerful about it, yet it is also well suited for the evening.
In the further course I smell caramel latte macchiato, but masculine tart I find him at no time.
Of course, the men can also wear, yet he tends for me rather to the feminine side.
He alternates continuously beautiful between creamy vanilla coffee note, which is perceptible to me until the end, and sweet florality.
In contact with water in the shower comes out again a strong coffee smell.
The durability is really good and it remains intense on the skin, the sillage I can not yet properly assess; I have used 3 small sprays (behind the ears and collarbone) and perceived it myself only weakly and actually I smell myself always very intense, I feel even with 2, 3 sprays already like standing in a fat fragrance cloud.

The next day I smelled only sweet and vanilla florality on my wrist for a long time while testing, before I guessed a coffee aroma.

I like "Intense Cafe" very much and will probably get it to me.
Morning coffee with bouquet
I just got up and am still slightly dazed from sleep. The first thing I do is brew myself a coffee. A very strong one. It smells intense, almost a little bitter. There's a tin of vanilla biscuits in the cupboard. I take the cup and the biscuit tin and sit down with them in the conservatory. On the small side table is a large, colorful bouquet of flowers. The roses in it smell wonderful. Their scent mingles with the one rising from my cup. I take a first big sip. After a while - my cup is almost empty by now and the coffee scent has become a little quieter and softer - I can smell other flowers as well. I open the tin of vanilla doughnuts. Sweet, warm vanilla scent rises to my nose. I enjoy a piece of the pastry with the last of my coffee. Then I sit for a while and let myself be enchanted by this potpourri of scents. Sometimes rose and blossoms predominate next to the coffee notes, sometimes vanilla sweetness. Musk and amber provide depth and hold everything together. I close my eyes and dream myself for a moment into the timelessness of a holiday morning in a summerhouse. Invigorated and unhurried, I soon start my day. For hours, the scent of Intense Café accompanies me and lets the relaxed silence of the morning into the bustle of the following hours I can imagine this Montale more on women than on men. I think it goes on all the time, except maybe on hot summer days. It fits during the day and for casual wear. Only to the evening dress I would rather choose another fragrance.
Niche Blind Buy
Yes right, the fragrance I got me here in the souk blind and so much looking forward to it, because I somehow knew that can only please me.I love coffee, I love roses, so that would be a bullseye.

Yesterday a sweet package reached me. Couldn't wait to finally open it and sniff the scent, but first the work (still had to rinse) then the pleasure.

Work done, package opened, packaging of the fragrance opened, little bag with the bottle rausgeholt. The presentation of the fragrance or.allein dir packaging I find really a highlight. I like these aluminum bottles very much and the bags are also totally sweet. I sprayed the fragrance and was enchanted from second 1, WOW I said, this is a wonderful rose coffee fragrance. The rose is not so penetrant, as one is accustomed to some fragrances, it reminds me more of rose petals or rose petals, which were mixed as a refinement with the roasted coffee beans. The coffee you can also smell very clearly, like a pack of coffee you just opened new. I can't get out of raving about it. I am so excited about this fragrance that I will definitely buy a 100ml bottle soon. The longevity and sillage are really tremendous, but I don't think the sillage is too "in your face" even though it's a strong present fragrance. Can't imagine the scent standing out in any negative way either. I have to watch that nich;)

This is my first Montale, also still a blind buy, which I regret but in no case very happy to have found here in the souk a great offer.
Intense Cafe vs. Ristretto Intense Cafe
I was curious and obtained samples of both scents, Intense Cafe and Ristretto Intense Cafe, and it was very enlightening.

At first you think the two are quite similar but after a while you notice that with Intense Cafe the floral notes come more to the fore, while with the Ristretto variant the sweet coffee remains a bit more in the present.
I would classify both rather feminine.

Love it
I love this perfume, as it reminds me of a vacation I took to Costa Rica. It’s so warm and inviting, a gourmand full of hospitality and depth. I love it in the winter when I’m eager to go on a tropical vacation to escape the cold.
There’s vanilla everywhere, with coffee and a hint of rose. I will never stop reaching for this fragrance.
Sillage and longevity both great.

GoldGoddessGoldGoddess 5 months ago
Creamier, rosier version of MFK Gentle Fluidity Gold with more stamina. Almost identical. Yummy, smooth gourmand
BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
Like most of the brand's perfumes the opening is too strong and synthetic. The drydown is gourmand, it smells like a creamy coffee with rose
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 8 months ago
A warm and gentle, yet rather linear, powdery/sweet oriental spicy-floral Fall fragrance, balanced by a creamy resinous-woody base. Feminine
ScentwitchScentwitch 9 months ago
Absolutely delicious smelling! Starts as a rose and turns into a creamy dessert. Very relaxing to wear.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
A typical wintertime scent where the intensity of coffee and the sweet and warm base are made gentler by a rose touch.Good sillage.
GolcherGolcher 1 year ago
Lovely scent, performance is nuclear!
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
Roses & vanilla, a subtle smell of capuchino at opening and a very sweet dry down of vanilla, amber and musk. Good quality & performance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Besides the obvious coffee, sniff one of the best existing roses, with vanilla and amber to smooth and sweeten your day.
Spray and enjoy!
Simovacchi77Simovacchi77 6 years ago
I'm keen on niche fragrances, I think that this fragrance, realized 4 women, it's very interesting also for men...I use it

by Irini
by Nadiiine
by Kenshin
by Kenshin

Popular Montale

Full Incense by Montale Oud Dream by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Arabians Tonka by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Ristretto Intense Cafe by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Oudmazing by Montale Aoud Safran by Montale