Intense Cafe 2013

Intense Cafe by Montale
Intense Cafe is a popular perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesFloral notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoffee, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, White musk, Amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 28.11.2020.

AromaPath
Don’t be afraid to layer
It is funny, but “Rose Gourmand for her” by Zara smells so similar to the “Intense cafe”, and price is 10 times cheaper. I like to layer mine with Memo Paris “French leather”, this combination is soo beautiful I can’t help it to buy more of each. I can’t wear it “Intense cafe” by itself, it remind me of spilled Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks, but if you use it in addition with other scents, it is a winner.
Connie
We just won't be friends...
I have to admit from the beginning that I am absolutely not a fan of Montale, but I ordered a sample of Intense Café because it is praised so often ... Montale fragrances are often too deliberately different and super synthetic for me personally. Only I was just too curious...

I kind of imagined the coffee note more subtle. My coffee note is already coming out strongly. I immediately imagine that I just open a bag of freshly roasted coffee and smell it. Delicious but as a perfume..Hmm..I love the smell of coffee but so present, hmmm I don't know.. Otherwise I think the other notes are super nice and I would actually love this scent but without the coffee notes... ( Laughs )...Sounds stupid, because it was clear that the scent of coffee was going to smell but I would have imagined the scent of coffee more discreet... Otherwise the scent is very nice, flowery, pleasant and interesting. Vanilla, white musk and amber make the base for me the most beautiful..

The scent is absolutely beautiful but very special. But if you like to smell of coffee with vanilla syrup, then it is a must have. Too special for me.
Alilove
Extravagant tête-à-tête in a dark shisha bar
Montale always attracts my attention with its extraordinary fragrance compensations, because I am more of a fan of niche fragrances and move away from the usual mainstream. Do you want to smell like everybody? The question will certainly answer itself. When I first absorbed the scent through my nose, I felt sexy and fired straight into the nightlife. The notes of sweet coffee and not too obtrusive rose are immediately noticeable after the first splash and go well together. Little by little the white musk blends in and mates with warm vanilla. Concentrating on my nose and imagination, scenes from a wicked shisha bar in the heart of a big city appear before my inner eye to unify the evening. The evening is still young. People from a different culture are among themselves, styled, greeting each other cheerfully and want to show off their long dresses and fancy suits in an elegant nightclub. The amber swings along all evening and does not move from Dannen at all. But some mysterious essence tries to push itself to the surface. It is of a slightly synthetic nature and somewhat pointed. I like it when a fragrance cannot be immediately taken apart and defined. So it remains mysterious and unique
Dirty Rose
First of all the wonderful packaging that it has done to me. Dark purple with golden accents, very elegant and a bit pretentious. Even before the first spray a wave of rose comes towards me. Not what I wished for to be honest. Then the first spray and I perceive the rose again more potent than ever. As if I would bite into a piece of Turkish honey but there is something else ... a little bit of café and vanilla appears in the background ... the smell is so strong that my husband who just came in the door can smell it from a distance of two meters. His first reaction: "wow very strong". And it is. Very strong, not for everyone and yet ... feminine ... but still with character ... Edges ... damn much rose ... but not clean but rather dirty because of the coffee. More wicked and darker actually already sensual oriental like 1001 nights. Although I usually don't appreciate rose scents, in this case it is a successful composition. It simply fits.

Golcher
Arguably my best performing frag
Intense Cafe is a lovely fragrance, very creative and well put together. It starts with a strong roasted coffee note, very nice and almost chocolaty and although most poeple complain the coffee note fades fast I can smell it til the end. In addition you get a creamy vanilla and a very distiguishable rose, very well combined but you can still enjoy the notes separately (if that makes any sense).

Ok so the scent is great, I grade it an 8 but performance is where Intense Cafe really shines. I get around 14 hours (spray in the afternoon and wake up with it still projecting strongly) to a point where I have to wash it off to hit the gym the next day, it's impressive and projection is also outstanding.

The only weakness this fragrance have is in versatilty, I can't find too many ocassions where it can be worn but those were it can you ccertainly rock them. Considering the price point the versatility issue isn't a big deal or a deal breaker.

Awesome fragrance, this is my first Montale and I don't regret it for a second
Just wow !!!
I had already written in another commentary that I am a Montale fan...and one of the reasons is Intense Cafe!

This fragrance is really very, very well done by Montale! For a Montale, it is even suitable for the masses! It is not often the case with this label... :)

But why do I love this scent anyway...? I'm OWNLY not a fan of scents you can smell all over the street, that maybe everybody likes because they smell so boringly good...you know what I mean? The best example is La vie est belle.......it does NOT work! Please donŽt be angry but what is this boring smell without character....okey i digress...
Back to Intense Cafe:
Intense Cafe is a romantic, seductive café fragrance that is sweet but in an elegant romantic way... he knows his value and knows that he is different from everyone else because of the cafe...he is a bit cocky because of it! But in a very seductive way that looks sexy and not unapproachable ;)

Intense Cafe can be worn at any time of the year in my opinion, but I think it fits best for autumn and winter! :)

So if you want to try a Montale, you might start with this ;)

Greetings
Your Montale fan!

He's got power
Am absolutely not a fan of coffee, but he is in this note, much more restrained than his more expensive sister. It's the combination that does it here. Scary intense, the moment is yours! And many, many hours after that, wow! Great smell :-)
Abd23tk
A journey - with an unsuitable name
So the scent is not what I expected. I expected a real coffee smell, like the name says Instead, I don't get a coffee scent, but rather a café experience, i.e. a very extensive and complex scent that changes greatly over time on my skin and undergoes a history or a journey.
At the very beginning I feel the coffee, it is present and sweet (actually exactly the way I do NOT want to drink my coffee). After only a few minutes the coffee, in my opinion, has already gone and the sweetness remains, which also brings roses into play.
In connection with the café experience, you can compare it to drinking a sweet latte at the beginning and after the latte there is a certain sweetness in the air that could come from the cookies at the table. Furthermore, roses are present in the café and at the table.
The rose remains after the base, but it becomes SWEETER and more vanilla and also a bit fruity/berryy. At this point it seems to me that the coffee has now completely cleared off the table and I ordered a warm dry cake with berry filling. Still everything in the very cozy atmosphere of the café...
It's hard to describe... For me an absolute work of art, which you should test on the skin (not on the test strip) and which you have to give several chances, because it gets better every time you wear it...
Definitely more feminine than masculine, but absolutely unisex.
So: different than expected, but after testing the fragrance and wearing it several times, it will definitely be on my wish list, just the association of the cosiness I get with this fragrance because of the café atmosphere is enough for me to buy this perfume as a work of art in itself.
I would wear it to in autumn, cold spring and also in winter I think. It's not too loud. Not a party scent, but rather one that you relax with, one that you wear for yourself, but which will not "offend" other people. Really great thing!!

Roses vanille...
First of all this is a very nice perfume. Roses&vanilla vanilla&roses. Elegant, subtle, glamurous, unisex... I LOVE It but... Intense? Not too mich... And overall... Café? I only smell the coffee at opening and It is a very subtle capuchino smell on the background... The projection the first 2 hours is good, with a prominent and orecious rose, tipical from montale. Then the vanilla becomes the protagonist mixed with the ámbar and musk. It has a very oriental vibe and a good quality as most montales. This is Aldo my first experiencia with yuniqu...

Scent: 9
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 6
Versatility: 8
Originality: 6
Quality/price: 7
Global: 8.5

Montale-intense cafe
This was my second bottle of Montale while discovering this brand.As soon as sprayed immediately you will get the voluptuous rose and sweet aspects,u fortunately the coffee part seems to dissapear after an hour and its such a shame as it would the perfect gourmand fragrance.However it is a beauty nonetheless and one of my go to fragrances in the winter time.Would love to try the brand new ristretto and compare them.
9,5/10

Jazzy76Jazzy76 5 months ago
A typical wintertime scent where the intensity of coffee and the sweet and warm base are made gentler by a rose touch.Good sillage.
GolcherGolcher 5 months ago
Lovely scent, performance is nuclear!
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 1 year ago
Roses & vanilla, a subtle smell of capuchino at opening and a very sweet dry down of vanilla, amber and musk. Good quality & performance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Besides the obvious coffee, sniff one of the best existing roses, with vanilla and amber to smooth and sweeten your day.
Spray and enjoy!
Simovacchi77Simovacchi77 5 years ago
I'm keen on niche fragrances, I think that this fragrance, realized 4 women, it's very interesting also for men...I use it

by Irini
by Splashfrag12
by Kenshin
by Kenshin

Popular Montale

Full Incense by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Arabians Tonka by Montale Oud Dream by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Greyland by Montale Aoud Safran by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Oudmazing by Montale