Intense Cafe (2013)

Intense Cafe by Montale
Compare Prices
Intense Cafe (Montale)
Intense Cafe is a popular perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesFloral notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoffee, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, White musk, Amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 22.06.2017

Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Intense Rose, that is
A truly beautiful perfume, but unfortunately also a victim of its uninspired naming.

Coffee smell lovers will probably be disappointed by Intense Cafe - the coffee note here is very discreet and very well-blended into the scent. It's all but imperceptible really.

However, I will judge this perfume based on how it smells and not what it's called. As a rose scent, it's glorious. The rose note is lush, rich, velvety and sweet, almost slipping into gourmand territory while still retaining its freshness. The creamy soft vanilla in which it's dipped gives it a clear feminine bent. Also, despite not being listed in the notes, Intense Cafe has quite an apparent oud note that confers some darkness and Oriental depth.

But what I love most about this scent is how alive it feels when worn on skin and how satisfying it proves as the day goes by. There's wet red roses for floral lovers, there's oud, amber and musk for oriental lovers, there's a sugary vanilla sweetness for the gourmands - it's really foolproof as far as I'm concerned. Needless to say, longevity and projection are both just perfect. I could never imagine regretting my choice for the day or wanting to change my perfume midday as it happened to me with other scents.

A versatile and satisfying rose.
Excuse me, can I have another shot of espresso?
Titles give us a certain expectation of it's contents. This fragrance was well delivered, but I wanted something more from it. Coffee is the most fleeting note and by the same token, the very note that would have kept Intense Cafe a unisex fragrance. Unfortunately for me, after the coffee flees the scene I'm left with rose, amber and vanilla which evolves quite femininely. A vanilla latte decorated in rose petals. While I enjoyed Intense Cafe, I'd prefer it on the skin of a woman.

Simovacchi77 22 months ago
I'm keen on niche fragrances, I think that this fragrance, realized 4 women, it's very interesting also for men...I use it

Popular Montale

Black Aoud by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale Pure Gold by Montale Full Incense by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Greyland by Montale Sandflowers by Montale White Aoud by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale White Musk by Montale Roses Musk by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Red Aoud by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale