Intense Cafe 2013

Intense Cafe by Montale
Intense Cafe is a popular perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesFloral notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoffee, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, White musk, Amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 22.09.2020.

Alilove
Extravagant tête-à-tête in a dark shisha bar
Montale always attracts my attention with its extraordinary fragrance compensations, because I am more of a fan of niche fragrances and move away from the usual mainstream. Do you want to smell like everybody? The question will certainly answer itself. When I first absorbed the scent through my nose, I felt sexy and fired straight into the nightlife. The notes of sweet coffee and not too obtrusive rose are immediately noticeable after the first splash and go well together. Little by little the white musk blends in and mates with warm vanilla. Concentrating on my nose and imagination, scenes from a wicked shisha bar in the heart of a big city appear before my inner eye to unify the evening. The evening is still young. People from a different culture are among themselves, styled, greeting each other cheerfully and want to show off their long dresses and fancy suits in an elegant nightclub. The amber swings along all evening and does not move from Dannen at all. But some mysterious essence tries to push itself to the surface. It is of a slightly synthetic nature and somewhat pointed. I like it when a fragrance cannot be immediately taken apart and defined. So it remains mysterious and unique
Dirty Rose
First of all the wonderful packaging that it has done to me. Dark purple with golden accents, very elegant and a bit pretentious. Even before the first spray a wave of rose comes towards me. Not what I wished for to be honest. Then the first spray and I perceive the rose again more potent than ever. As if I would bite into a piece of Turkish honey but there is something else ... a little bit of café and vanilla appears in the background ... the smell is so strong that my husband who just came in the door can smell it from a distance of two meters. His first reaction: "wow very strong". And it is. Very strong, not for everyone and yet ... feminine ... but still with character ... Edges ... damn much rose ... but not clean but rather dirty because of the coffee. More wicked and darker actually already sensual oriental like 1001 nights. Although I usually don't appreciate rose scents, in this case it is a successful composition. It simply fits.

Golcher
Arguably my best performing frag
Intense Cafe is a lovely fragrance, very creative and well put together. It starts with a strong roasted coffee note, very nice and almost chocolaty and although most poeple complain the coffee note fades fast I can smell it til the end. In addition you get a creamy vanilla and a very distiguishable rose, very well combined but you can still enjoy the notes separately (if that makes any sense).

Ok so the scent is great, I grade it an 8 but performance is where Intense Cafe really shines. I get around 14 hours (spray in the afternoon and wake up with it still projecting strongly) to a point where I have to wash it off to hit the gym the next day, it's impressive and projection is also outstanding.

The only weakness this fragrance have is in versatilty, I can't find too many ocassions where it can be worn but those were it can you ccertainly rock them. Considering the price point the versatility issue isn't a big deal or a deal breaker.

Awesome fragrance, this is my first Montale and I don't regret it for a second
Just wow !!!
I had already written in another commentary that I am a Montale fan...and one of the reasons is Intense Cafe!

This fragrance is really very, very well done by Montale! For a Montale, it is even suitable for the masses! It is not often the case with this label... :)

But why do I love this scent anyway...? I'm OWNLY not a fan of scents you can smell all over the street, that maybe everybody likes because they smell so boringly good...you know what I mean? The best example is La vie est belle.......it does NOT work! Please donŽt be angry but what is this boring smell without character....okey i digress...
Back to Intense Cafe:
Intense Cafe is a romantic, seductive café fragrance that is sweet but in an elegant romantic way... he knows his value and knows that he is different from everyone else because of the cafe...he is a bit cocky because of it! But in a very seductive way that looks sexy and not unapproachable ;)

Intense Cafe can be worn at any time of the year in my opinion, but I think it fits best for autumn and winter! :)

So if you want to try a Montale, you might start with this ;)

Greetings
Your Montale fan!

He's got power
Am absolutely not a fan of coffee, but he is in this note, much more restrained than his more expensive sister. It's the combination that does it here. Scary intense, the moment is yours! And many, many hours after that, wow! Great smell :-)
Abd23tk
A journey - with an unsuitable name
So the scent is not what I expected. I expected a real coffee smell, like the name says Instead, I don't get a coffee scent, but rather a café experience, i.e. a very extensive and complex scent that changes greatly over time on my skin and undergoes a history or a journey.
At the very beginning I feel the coffee, it is present and sweet (actually exactly the way I do NOT want to drink my coffee). After only a few minutes the coffee, in my opinion, has already gone and the sweetness remains, which also brings roses into play.
In connection with the café experience, you can compare it to drinking a sweet latte at the beginning and after the latte there is a certain sweetness in the air that could come from the cookies at the table. Furthermore, roses are present in the café and at the table.
The rose remains after the base, but it becomes SWEETER and more vanilla and also a bit fruity/berryy. At this point it seems to me that the coffee has now completely cleared off the table and I ordered a warm dry cake with berry filling. Still everything in the very cozy atmosphere of the café...
It's hard to describe... For me an absolute work of art, which you should test on the skin (not on the test strip) and which you have to give several chances, because it gets better every time you wear it...
Definitely more feminine than masculine, but absolutely unisex.
So: different than expected, but after testing the fragrance and wearing it several times, it will definitely be on my wish list, just the association of the cosiness I get with this fragrance because of the café atmosphere is enough for me to buy this perfume as a work of art in itself.
I would wear it to in autumn, cold spring and also in winter I think. It's not too loud. Not a party scent, but rather one that you relax with, one that you wear for yourself, but which will not "offend" other people. Really great thing!!

Roses vanille...
First of all this is a very nice perfume. Roses&vanilla vanilla&roses. Elegant, subtle, glamurous, unisex... I LOVE It but... Intense? Not too mich... And overall... Café? I only smell the coffee at opening and It is a very subtle capuchino smell on the background... The projection the first 2 hours is good, with a prominent and orecious rose, tipical from montale. Then the vanilla becomes the protagonist mixed with the ámbar and musk. It has a very oriental vibe and a good quality as most montales. This is Aldo my first experiencia with yuniqu...

Scent: 9
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 6
Versatility: 8
Originality: 6
Quality/price: 7
Global: 8.5

Montale-intense cafe
This was my second bottle of Montale while discovering this brand.As soon as sprayed immediately you will get the voluptuous rose and sweet aspects,u fortunately the coffee part seems to dissapear after an hour and its such a shame as it would the perfect gourmand fragrance.However it is a beauty nonetheless and one of my go to fragrances in the winter time.Would love to try the brand new ristretto and compare them.
9,5/10
The right place
I'm responding to a friend's request and picking up his perfume at the perfumery. I don't have much time to wander through the shop, so I'm glad when a saleswoman greets me directly at the door.
"I'd like Montale Intense Cafe," I say, and she quickly brings me the scent.

"Sure"", my boyfriend already answers my question, if I can test the scent. The Montale brand is familiar to me, of course, but I have never tested a fragrance from them and am curious. On the way to the car I make a short stop at Starbuchs. Whether I was tempted by the name of the fragrance or just wanted a cup of coffee, I don't know, but I'd like to have a cup of coffee now. Since I rarely drink my coffee at Starbuchs, I am overwhelmed by their selection of drinks. But before the waitress asks me, I have already decided on a Caramel Macchiato and take it with me.
In the car I put the brook in the holder without having drunk a sip and devote myself to perfume. I don't want to waste a lot of time with a test sprayer, so I apply a splash directly left and right behind my ears.

My friend gave me the car, too. Since the trunk of the CLA45 offers less storage space than my station wagon and it urgently needs to pick something up, we changed it in the morning.

The freshly applied perfume exudes its rosy note directly and it also makes itself felt directly ... Yes, what is directly noticeable here? I can detect a hint of coffee, but also something damn sweetly powdery. I take a sip of my Caramel Macchiato and the impression of the fragrance of the Intense Cafe is immediately reinforced. "Is that Caramel?" I ask myself and start the engine.

During the whole trip one thing doesn't leave me in peace, something doesn't seem to fit into the picture here. Is it perhaps the exaggeratedly sweet coffee, which I love less with each sip and wish I'd rather visited a baker? Or maybe the unfamiliar car I rarely drive? Or maybe it's a general state of emergency to drive an unfamiliar car and smell a smell that I don't think suits me at all?

I'm on the freeway. The car is supposed to have a lot of steam under the hood, so I switch to sports mode and push the button. A short time later, however, I let it go again. "Not for me," I think, while I'm slowing down and driving off tired. A piano piece runs over the speakers and I turn the volume a little higher and drive on with concentration.

Again and again the fragrance of the perfume rises into my nose and again and again I sip coffee. Meanwhile I admit to myself that the loud sound of the car is just annoying me and I shift up another gear.

Something seems to be wrong here - I can't get rid of that impression. Something's not in the right place here. The perfume, maybe it has something to do with the scent.

And then, when I finally arrived at my destination, a completely different thought comes to my mind:
"Maybe," I think, "everything's fine, too. Maybe the car, the scent, even the randomly selected sweet coffee has its order here. Maybe I'm just not in the right place" and put the car in the driveway.
Conclusion on the fragrance

The fragrance opens with a beautiful soft rose note, underpinned by a sweet vanilla note and a beautiful foaming latte. I personally think the shelf life is very good. After half an hour the scent of roses fades into the background, making room for the vanilla, the light cafe and the musk.
All in all a beautiful round fragrance, suitable for both men and women.
3.5

Cloying thick ROSE!!!
If you were there, be ware. This is not intense cafe at all, This is intense rose.

Cloying and might be choking. a layer of oil on my wrist, it fills a room easily yet it is too sweet and hard to accept and I had to wash my hand many times.

It's not unisex as well, this is made for women, I cannot tolerate the amount of sweetness and rose petals in it also it smells exactly like Mancera Roses Vanille.

If you're looking for something gourmand and kinda have a bit of coffee vibe then check Salvatore Ferragamo Uomo, it doesn't have a coffee note but it has the vibe of it.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 70 days ago
A typical wintertime scent where the intensity of coffee and the sweet and warm base are made gentler by a rose touch.Good sillage.
GolcherGolcher 85 days ago
Lovely scent, performance is nuclear!
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 11 months ago
Roses & vanilla, a subtle smell of capuchino at opening and a very sweet dry down of vanilla, amber and musk. Good quality & performance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 19 months ago
Besides the obvious coffee, sniff one of the best existing roses, with vanilla and amber to smooth and sweeten your day.
Spray and enjoy!
Simovacchi77Simovacchi77 5 years ago
I'm keen on niche fragrances, I think that this fragrance, realized 4 women, it's very interesting also for men...I use it

by Irini
by Splashfrag12
by Kenshin
by Kenshin

Popular Montale

Full Incense by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Oud Dream by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Greyland by Montale Oudmazing by Montale Aoud Safran by Montale White Musk by Montale