Mukhallat 2008

Mukhallat by Montale
Mukhallat is a perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is sweet-synthetic. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

AlmondAlmond
Peru balsamPeru balsam
Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla
Woodland strawberryWoodland strawberry
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 01.12.2021.

Wrigley's extra for kids
There's really not much more to say about this fragrance! Oh yes! Because I have my very own story to this specimen :)

My best friend from Trier visited me last Monday in Cologne and since we are both very interested in perfume and I found a store that also has Montale, we are there of course!
I had already been allowed to test some fragrances from Montale, as well as in my collection and Mukhallat was me of course also a term!
My girlfriend was very interested in the fragrance, I rather less, because I never thought that this would be something for me ;)

Well then we tested us through different houses, I also tested some unknown Montales (2 went on the day also me home) until I saw Mukhallat, he sprayed on a tester and held him Kathy under the nose! She was immediately blown away and I was transported back to my childhood! To me it smells original like Wrigleys extra for kids in the pink packaging! Wow I thought! But do I really want to smell like that!!?

Before we left the store, Kathy sprayed herself with the scent and we headed towards the train! Again and again came through the wind a scent surge to me over and I thought: ok so you MUST smell :-) I was now but very very taken and ordered it a day later!

Yesterday the good stuff arrived and I sprayed around 12:30 2 times on the back of my hand. Now we have 07:00 the next day and there is still a hint of fragrance!

So this fragrance does a great job in terms of durability and sillage! And you know what's the best part?! My girlfriend also received it yesterday and we now have a fragrance that will always remind and connect us to the other! We are so far away and yet so close now that we could share this fragrance experience together :-)

This fragrance is great LOVE for me and it makes perfect now in autumn / winter :-)
Simply cool
I didn't think twice and ordered this fragrance without testing it, but I wouldn't recommend that. I like it a lot, it's actually 2nd to Intense Cafe from the house of Montale, but I personally love such intense, potent and loud scents. To me it smells like a fruit candy or fruit gum but not very sweet, in the dry down becomes creamier and sweeter. I understand it why many do not find him beautiful, he smells totally artificial, but artificial is not equal to bad, on the contrary, the mixture here I find very interesting, times what new. Many perfumes are so serious and well-behaved, this one is pure fun, just cool. The shelf life is very good.
Steffi040
Childhood memories for me!
Madness! Since childhood memories come up.
For me it was once again a blind purchase, it is incredible it smells like the spaghetti gum, which there was always in a Tüt to share, they have not seen for ages more.
Would me directly buy a box of these super sweet, fruity artificial spaghettis. Can me still very well remembered because smell that came to me when I opened the bag against.
I could never keep them in my mouth, just had to swallow them always down.
Simply a sugar sweet, fruity artificial pleasure mmm liked this smell always already.
Now I have spaghetti gum in a bottle.

It was with Mukhallat exactly as with the bag of Spaghetti Gum,sprayed and to sniff gladly had, unbelievably the Mukhallat smells for me exactly like the child chewing gum,which I had to (devour)gladly.
Zücker Sweet, fruity artificial.
Certainly not for everyone something.

For me Mukhallat is just a spaghetti gum snack bag.Will control myself to swallow it.For me he has childhood memories am happy
About this sweet surprise,just a delicious gum in a bottle.
5.5
PennyPearl
Children toothpaste with orange vibes
To 100% the children's toothpaste with orange flavor from the 90s!
The commercials featured toothpaste men in sunglasses rocking the sink.
By the way, the toothpaste tasted disgusting!
But that's exactly what I smell in the prelude and unfortunately longer beyond.
Nix da with strawberries, whether synthetic or "natural", I smell first only a diffuse orange-peach sweetness, which stings quite nicely in the nose.

I don't share the descriptions of plastic Barbie or My little Pony, but found those very associations perversely appealing out of an arguably premature mid-life crisis and childhood sentimentality, but I don't smell anything of that (and I had a whole stable full of My little Pony as a kid, and the strawberry one was my favorite! That's how I had imagined Mukhallat beforehand).
Instead, heavily sugary children's toothpaste and no soft sweet doll synthetics.
A fruity oversweetened shampoo might as well be.

A chewing gum note comes in and it softens and calms at the same time, very small steps towards children's toys, I'm annoyed though that I get this orange smell instead of a little strawberry.

Through the almond then a slight marzipan hint resonates, but bubblegum & children's toothpaste keep the upper hand.
In the later course sweet incense hints and suddenly cherry lollies; far better than the beginning.

Pity, not the longed-for Barbie and My little Pony childhood revival, but first memories of disgusting children's toothpaste.
I'll bravely test again soon with little confidence...that ole weird orange note....
Miro
All's well that ends well?

I was allowed to test the fragrance the last few days and would like to write down my thoughts on Mukhallat.
I like the house of Montale, have tested a few perfumes, some fullsize, some bottled and am really open to new bottles from them. Here at Parfumo Montale is not that high on the top scale for many users, is too synthetic for most.

So, to the fragrance...I don't even know where to start. Mukhallat starts off with a bomb of a plastic smell, very sweet to boot. Many write of their former plastic dolls...I can't relate to that association because I didn't used to play with Barbies or plastic ponies. I guess I didn't sniff my daughters' Barbies, but toys shouldn't be allowed to smell like that!
The prelude reminds me of when I was an apprentice. Learned in the dusty department store, DOB....Women's wear. Often I have unpacked there new clothes, each damn T-shirt was individually wrapped in plastic wrap, and so many times hit me there a smell of which I was really sick. Paint/chemical smell from the shirts + plastic bag. Some colleagues sometimes got rashes from it on their hands....and yes, that was over 30 years ago.
So, that's how I feel about Mukhallat's opener.
Is already unpleasant and brizzles in the nose, for almost an hour. Then it becomes more pleasant.
Strawberries I do not smell out. Yes, there is actually something synthetically fruity and would I have to commit, I would guess artificial cherry. In any case, and this is the positive, the miserable plastic smell decreases.
It becomes more pleasant and I'm suddenly standing in the esoteric shop. The red-haired saleswoman stands barefoot in front of the healing stones and advises a customer who is feeling stress and is wavering between stones , herbal tea and singing bowls when buying.
I stand there and perceive the smells of the incense sticks and the large number of aroma oils. Of course, there is also a lamp like this on. A tea light in it at the bottom, an oil and water mixture in the bowl at the top. A different one is used each day and that makes up the smell in the shop. I like it, but can't for the life of me tell what I'm smelling. I smell everything and nothing, but feel comfortable.

Mukhallat is for me one of the most extraordinary scents I have ever smelled....also as a perfume. In the esoteric shop I find it super and chilling, as a perfume I don't want to wear it. Maybe it smells good in the air though, so if someone wears it and walks by me.
The longevity is really good, as you would expect from most Montales. Still, this fragrance is different from the others, I strongly advise against blind buys! And for those who have only smelled this one.... Montale has really other nice fragrances in their range.
Pinkdawn
Big drama in the tropical night
Did I mention that I can be manipulated by advertising? When I read the not so few reviews and statements about Mukhallat, I immediately thought: I must have it! The scent seemed to fit me perfectly. Synthetic strawberry gum with vanilla, musk and almonds - that sounded so cheesy to me that it's beautiful again. No. I was expecting a cheeky, eccentric scent that would be an idealization, so to speak, of the artificial aroma of cheap strawberry gum. A banal theme from the pink Barbie doll's room that becomes an elite fragrance beyond any girlie image through great perfumery. I was excited to see Montale's solution to this equation. I was looking forward to Mukhallat, especially since I also really like the distinctive snow-white metallic bottle.

Then the package from the online perfumery finally arrived. True, the fragrance already looks noble and special from the outside: golden box, stylish storage bag, the playful gold closure of the spray ...

The ritual begins with the hasty removal of the cellophane wrapper. I am curious. Now it is sprayed. First, a little cautiously. Some call the perfume yes as an unbearable fragrance bomb. In principle, I have with loud, sweet and fancy no fear of contact, if the quality is convincing. I love to vary fragrances according to occasions, mood, season and time of day.

Almonds, vanilla, white musk, wild strawberry and Peru balsam - I like it all. What else can go wrong?

The fragrance is already a bit intense, right from the start. What do you mean a bit? I do not want to speak now of penetrating, but he has a - let's say it more friendly - enormous presence. Distinct, sweet, loud ... Well, that's what I expected. Just in the direction of wild strawberry or strawberry gum. But I don't perceive anything of that. Also not from almonds or vanilla and so.

30 minutes later: I'm still waiting for the promised strawberry flavor. But it does not come. Instead, the strong floral scent seems more and more familiar to me. My little gray cells begin to work, check all possible tropical or exotic scents. Wasn't there once a fragrance oil called Monoi de Tahiti by Yves Rocher? Bingo! I found the scent far too strong and sweet at the time. Today, the fragrance oil is still standing around unused somewhere. And in the meantime, I've also remembered the plant that lends its scent to the beauty product, which comes from the French Polynesian islands: Gardenia Tahitensis, the tiare - a white, large flower with an almost synthetic sweetness that I actually find intrusive. Of course, this is a matter of taste. I like intense scents, but when they also have that certain "beguiling" quality to them, it becomes too much for me - for a perfume I wear on me. And Mukhallat is such a beguiling fragrance. Heavy, sweet and warm, it catapults me right into the middle of a magical tropical night in Tahiti. Oh wait, then why is it called Mukhallat? From this Arabic name I would have expected something more oriental. Was there a false scent here?

One hour later. From strawberry still no trace. The fragrance has not changed. It reminds me of heliotrope and ylang-ylang, maybe some gardenia; so it continues to be beguiling tropical night. I am disappointed. I was expecting something completely different and am puzzled by the fragrance pyramid. Because I smell no strawberry, no almond, no nothing - except the tiare, which is supposedly not in there at all. If there was at least something gourmandiges ...

A few days later, I give Mukhallat another chance. But I'm almost afraid of the gush of sweet tropical night, which will immediately embrace me, not to say crush me. Or? Alas, no ... There it is again, the tropical night. Quite the drama: sweet, sultry, dominant, a strong, exotic floral scent that I'm apparently too mid-European for. When, where and for what occasion should a woman wear this intrusive exotic floral blend? I don't know. Maybe a summery South Seas festival? But otherwise?

Mukhallat is certainly not going to be my favorite scent. The cheeky, fun, high-spirited, of which is so often talked about and to which I was looking forward, I do not find here. Of course, they could have played ironically with cheesy melodrama, South Seas romance and magical tropical night. But that obviously did not succeed or was not even planned.
I am disappointed. I can not do much with this fragrance. In a way, it's even quite banal, because it has little to offer: nothing really eye-wateringly shocking, no emotions to touch me, no mystery or secrets to fathom, no interesting scent progression, nothing to inspire me. No challenge, at best the over-the-top passion of a pulp novel. But even that sounds more promising than it is.

If anyone wants to give this unusual, luxurious fragrance, with its truly above-average sillage and longevity, a home where it will be more respected, I'm happy to let it go, though not to give it away. Just get in touch with me.
Alilove
About forgetting time and space
Some time ago I felt the urge to dive into the wonderful world of books again and visited a small dusty esoteric bookstore in my city. I was welcomed directly by clouds of incense, meditation music and dream catchers on the ceiling.
I opted for the magic corner this time and immersed myself in the world of witches and wizards. It felt like a little self-meditation as I forgot about the here and now for a short while.
Suddenly, I detected a sweet note in the air dominated by incense. This mixture smelled interesting and somehow appealing. Completely book-drunk and befuddled by the impressions of this bookstore, I turned to the side and saw a man standing right next to me who, just like me, was almost soaking up the books on magic and card reading. On the side, he kept sipping his can of Redbull, which he unabashedly pulled out of his jacket pocket. I've never been a fan of energy drinks and rather loathe those concoctions. But at that moment, the picture was different. Carefully and unobtrusively, I scanned this mysterious reader beside me. He looked rakish, but well-groomed. His nose was deep in the books. At some point he noticed my interested glances and smiled at me, saying," Oh, it looks like we have the same tastes. These books are dangerous. Once you have decided to read them, you can't stop reading them they are so exciting. Books send me into a frenzy at night. Hence the Redbull..." We talked for a while longer. This communication among like-minded people was to remain in my memory for a long time.
"Mukhallat" by Montale revives the encounter with the mysterious stranger. To me, Montale's blend smells neither like plastic Barbie, nor nail polish remover. Rather, it smells like those American Valentine heart candies, sherbet, incense, shisha, and Redbull, but in an interesting way. Luckily, tastes differ and you shouldn't be too put off by reviews from others, but always make up your own mind.
The opening is quite extreme and synthetic, but by no means off-putting or toxic. The wild strawberry is quite present and reminiscent of candyshops. However, the Peru balsam takes away the cheesy-sugariness and gives the scent a special depth and slight balsamic resinousness. After a few hours, the scent becomes softer, quieter and the vanilla comes out.
Overall very fancy and special for special occasions or rebellious days ,to get other thoughts. Either love or hate. There is no in between:D
Tasa77
...this love takes time..
My first comment and I decided to write one for Montale since I just love Montale fragrances ....
Mukhallat I've been wanting for a while, because there are so Zwiegespaltene opinions about it and since I wanted to form myself one !
I'm not one who gets a sample before ... rather the blind shopper =)! No Risk no Fun...
I was excited about Mukhallat as rarely on a fragrance ... of course I love all my fragrances and cherish each and every one! *Love*

Now for the fragrance ... all excited I grabbed it out of the box .... 1. Spray ... hmmmmm o man what have I ordered was the first thought and also Jaaa the others were right ... a lot of plastic and very synthetic ... the artificiality in a pretty bottle ... well I was disappointed although everyone said so ... do not do it without him to test ... I had to order him anyway blind ...
Well montale is just known that he needs time to unfold on the skin ... so I smelled a few hours again ... hmm and lo and behold somehow I started to like it... sprayed another one and well, I liked it... it smells like Barbie dolls yeah like my childhood dolls... so a connection was made.... a nice one

So my conclusion ... i like him ::: to love, however, it still needs time and a few sniffs ... but the disappointment at the beginning disappeared ... And yes he is definitely not a blind purchase ... you should have tested it ... however, I regret nothing gsd...
I smell synthetic strawberry .... i think there was once such a children's strawberry toothpaste that smelled similar ... again childhood memory....
Plastic Balsamico smell also very doll ... almond unfortunately not at all ... but is possibly the reason that he is a little softer after a few hours ...
So now it's all said ... i like it... synthetic strawberry plastic Barbie doll washed with balsamic shampoo =) subtle sweet and sour note ...
Rather a winter scent for me and well also on a man imaginable ..
Lelli84
Nice summer scent, warm winter scent?
Only recently I have rediscovered my enthusiasm for perfume. So it was obvious to give myself a new fragrance beauty for my birthday. But what? So I gave mine the choice. He quickly decided on Montale and put together a little travel set for me. Among them was the Mukhallat.
At the first spray I thought: delicious coconut and classified him in the summer. Meant for me, since I have a birthday in the winter, so first wait until I can finally wear it. But now I am an impatient person. It did not let me rest. So I decided in the evening before going to bed him to wear the next day.
Full of delight I sprayed myself with him. 3 sprays should be enough, although that was probably already too much. And wow: What a great scent came to my nose, so warm, so yummy and somehow it reminded me of a famous men's perfume from my past. I thought about it all the way to work, but it didn't come to mind. Then in the end I thought maybe it had something from Joop Homme. But only in very small parts. Which is probably more imagination than real perception.
So I wore it all day proudly on me and tried again and again to determine its scent direction. Sometimes it was the warm almond with vanilla and then again a mix of gum and Putzi children's toothpaste. It was fun to perceive him differently throughout the day.
It lasted me a good 6 hours, which I find quite remarkable, since I really only sprayed it on my skin. I have to change my clothes at work anyway, there brings me nothing to "waste" the fragrance by spraying him on my clothes.
Conclusion: due to its warmth and heavy sweetness, it changed from summer to winter fragrance. But makes me nothing, because he is great in any case.
Naughty.
For me, it smells very much like the well-known incense sticks Nag Champa.
But he is not so smoky rather softer and in a different way sweeter.
In my opinion, this fragrance fits perfectly to a lady who opens her mouth and does not like anything.
Vanilla, strawberry and the Perubalsam
Stand out for me as notes.
I can also compare it (well intentioned) to an expensive hairspray.
No discreet fragrance but very strong with an above average sillage and either you love it or you HATE it.
There is no in between

by Tasa77
by Parfümliebe
by Parfümliebe

Popular Montale

Oud Dream by Montale Full Incense by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Arabians Tonka by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Ristretto Intense Cafe by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale