Nepal Aoud (2014)

Nepal Aoud by Montale

Nepal Aoud is a perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is woody-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesNepalese oud, Nutmeg, Saffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Amber
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, White musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 26.03.2020.

Less helpful Review
Fruit Musk
Fruity, but with great musc accent, on the back one can identify animalistic and floral notes. Long shelf life, but very gentle

Is Oud _Ever_ Nepalese?
Is there such a thing as Nepalese oud? Or is it just an appellation, like Narciso Rodriguez's 'Egyptian Musk'!? I don't mind a great deal. I very much doubt now that I have had all my fond bubble-fantasies about oud y-pop't, that it is _any_ kind of real oud, let-alone Nepalese. But I remind myself that if I knew of oud _only_ as a note, & had no conceptions as to its provenance, I would just simply love it. I am a _colossal_ fan of the oud-note!

Got this together with ~Orange Aoud~. I cannot but say that I think ~Orange Aoud~ is the better perfume; but, only in that it happens to appeal to my personal taste the better - I do not maintain one particle that it is the better in any quality sense. This one merely seems to me a bit plain & ordinary in comparison. I find ~Orange ...~ really quite extraordinary (almost scary) in the way it arouses my déja-vue reflex. It just happens to tune-in to some nerve or other; whereas this one does no such thing. This one is not one whit less lush & opulent, and is in every respect a thoroughly gorgeous 'fume, showcasing the oud note amongst a ... what is it in this case? - a woodi- + carameli-ness, perhaps.
10.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Hittite – the (L)oud
As obstreperous and scary the sound of galloping barbarian army is, so loud is NEPAL AOUD, too. Almost frightening. It overruns your senses, masters you, conquers you. I sat next to a homeless on the bus. My smell won. I could not feel his odor because my nose was full of NEPAL AOUD.

From far (lets say, within one room distance till 30 cm closeness) the oud is the commander. Dry, woody, red-blooded.

If you ventured near, it turns out, that the big show was performed in order to keep you away from the slimy core, the nauseating note – a true copy of sandalwood. So in my interpretation nutmeg got lost and do not find the way out from under the oud. In short, it plays scared-eyed puppy flattening on the skin.

I am thinking about the occasion that would fit to NEPAL AOUD. Of course the situation should fit, because NEPAL AOUD will not bend humbly to the situation. Hm.
- Maybe a war?
- A day amongst hostile people, when you want to protect your borders?
- A day when a homeless sits next to you on the bus?
- A day when you have to tell to your boss/subordinate, that you do not want to work together anymore?
Anyway, I would not wear this barbarian fragrance for average weekdays.

by Irini
Sanft gerutscht und weich gelandet ... 2020 willkommen ...!!!
by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce

Popular Montale

Full Incense by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale Greyland by Montale Louban by Montale Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale White Musk by Montale