Nepal Aoud 2014

Nepal Aoud by Montale
Nepal Aoud is a perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is woody-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesNepalese oudNepalese oud NutmegNutmeg Kashmiri saffronKashmiri saffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian roseBulgarian rose AmberAmber
Base Notes Base NotesLeatherLeather White muskWhite musk VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 22.06.2022.

Fruit Musk
Fruity, but with great musc accent, on the back one can identify animalistic and floral notes. Long shelf life, but very gentle

Is Oud _Ever_ Nepalese?
Is there such a thing as Nepalese oud? Or is it just an appellation, like Narciso Rodriguez's 'Egyptian Musk'!? I don't mind a great deal. I very much doubt now that I have had all my fond bubble-fantasies about oud y-pop't, that it is _any_ kind of real oud, let-alone Nepalese. But I remind myself that if I knew of oud _only_ as a note, & had no conceptions as to its provenance, I would just simply love it. I am a _colossal_ fan of the oud-note!

Got this together with ~Orange Aoud~. I cannot but say that I think ~Orange Aoud~ is the better perfume; but, only in that it happens to appeal to my personal taste the better - I do not maintain one particle that it is the better in any quality sense. This one merely seems to me a bit plain & ordinary in comparison. I find ~Orange ...~ really quite extraordinary (almost scary) in the way it arouses my déja-vue reflex. It just happens to tune-in to some nerve or other; whereas this one does no such thing. This one is not one whit less lush & opulent, and is in every respect a thoroughly gorgeous 'fume, showcasing the oud note amongst a ... what is it in this case? - a woodi- + carameli-ness, perhaps.

Hittite – the (L)oud
As obstreperous and scary the sound of galloping barbarian army is, so loud is NEPAL AOUD, too. Almost frightening. It overruns your senses, masters you, conquers you. I sat next to a homeless on the bus. My smell won. I could not feel his odor because my nose was full of NEPAL AOUD.

From far (lets say, within one room distance till 30 cm closeness) the oud is the commander. Dry, woody, red-blooded.

If you ventured near, it turns out, that the big show was performed in order to keep you away from the slimy core, the nauseating note – a true copy of sandalwood. So in my interpretation nutmeg got lost and do not find the way out from under the oud. In short, it plays scared-eyed puppy flattening on the skin.

I am thinking about the occasion that would fit to NEPAL AOUD. Of course the situation should fit, because NEPAL AOUD will not bend humbly to the situation. Hm.
- Maybe a war?
- A day amongst hostile people, when you want to protect your borders?
- A day when a homeless sits next to you on the bus?
- A day when you have to tell to your boss/subordinate, that you do not want to work together anymore?
Anyway, I would not wear this barbarian fragrance for average weekdays.

JackofSpadesJackofSpades 6 days ago
Great interpretation of oud ... woody, cold spicy, with a touch of leather, and a slightly fruity undertone.

by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce

Popular by Montale

Arabians Tonka by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Full Incense by Montale Oud Dream by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Ristretto Intense Cafe by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Honey Aoud by Montale White Musk (Eau de Parfum) by Montale