Pure Gold 2009

Pure Gold by Montale
Pure Gold is a perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

ApricotApricot
Egyptian jasmineEgyptian jasmine
Italian mandarin orangeItalian mandarin orange
NeroliNeroli
Orange blossomOrange blossom
PatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 02.10.2021.

Review number 3 and already a tear
My search for the ultimate apricot fragrance continues and so I came across "Pure Gold" by Montale during my research. The pyramid sounded very appealing, most of the comments also, so I thought to myself, so wrong can not be. Oh, how lopsided I was wrapped there...
Today my filling arrived, I sprayed full of joy and urgs, what is THAT? The prelude is for me not a bit citrusy as so often described here but a strange mixture of herbaceous and dusty, brrr. So I shrugged it off in horror and thought to myself, never jugde a book by its cover, we all know that first impressions are not necessarily decisive. So for the next hour I waited for this scent to sting my nose less. Wasn't that easy, because the sillage is already very pronounced to begin with and there was a sultry cloud of fragrance constantly wafting into my nose. Really not nice, especially since I can not even make out on the basis of the fragrance notes, what exactly disturbs me there actually just so.
Now, 4 hours later, it has developed into a quite pleasant, soft vanilla scent, but I get that with other fragrances and that without having to go through this top note before.
As fruity I do not feel this fragrance at all, also friendly is not an attribute that I would give him.
Now such impressions are of course highly subjective, but Pure Gold is unfortunately not for me and I must first recover from today's smelling experience, before I give him another chance.
Classically dignified
An unspectacular, unobtrusive fragrance. It changes between fine, breathy floral notes paired with heaviness and hinted sweetness. The burning to stinging passes after some time. Sometimes soap gets through. In our perfumery he is highly sought after

A better exemplar of a popular genre...
Montale PURE GOLD starts out as a fruity-floral blend with a lot of clean resinous musk. I find it somewhat nondescript, especially initially, when I have trouble discerning individual notes... except for the musk which is quite big.

Later this perfume starts to seem more like a nice floral with a slight soapiness. The floral component seems to me to be mainly jasmine. I was thinking that PURE GOLD was similar in some ways to Jennifer Aniston and DKNY Pure, but in side-by-side comparisons I changed my mind. PURE GOLD is much better than those. Perhaps the idea is similar, but in this case we have much better ingredients and execution. JENNIFER ANISTON veers too far in the industrial direction in an attempt to be clean. DKNY PURE has a touch too much woodish aromachemical stuff for my tastes. PURE GOLD is perhaps how those perfumes should smell, but they don't, which is probably why they are on their way out of the stores already...

PURE GOLD is another example of Montale going beyond their area of expertise (middle eastern-inspired oud creations), to produce a decent, if not extraordinary, perfume.

by Infinite
by Nikolina
by SCanlier
by SCanlier

Popular Montale

Full Incense by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Oud Dream by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Arabians Tonka by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Ristretto Intense Cafe by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Oudmazing by Montale