Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver

Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale
Compare Prices
Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver is a popular perfume by Montale for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Grapefruit, Patchouli leaf, Peru balsam, Black pepper, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.05.2017

Bottle 7.5/10
Sillage 10.0/10
Longevity 10.0/10
Scent 10.0/10
Helpful Review    3 Awards
Among the best!
One of my favourite vetivers and favourite Montales. This fresh combination of spices and vetiver seems to appeal me a lot! I just purchased a full bottle from this beauty. This scent is really relaxing, and sets my mind to a relaxing, confident state. This smells like a hay of dried vetiver roots splashed with Grapefruit and Black Pepper. I smell Elemi, Patchouli, Cedarwood too, which adds to the complexity of the scent. These notes stay in the background, never overpowering the vetiver/spice notes. Great longevity and sillage.

On a sidenote: I have and use both Terre d'Hermes and Montale's Vetyver. I admit they are similar, but if you "listen", you can smell the differences. Honestly I can recommend both.
Bottle 5.0/10
Sillage 5.0/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 8.0/10
Helpful Review    2 Awards
Delicious spicy vetiver!
Yes, Red Vetyver is mostly like Terre D'Hermes, BUT with a better lasting power in my skin.

In my opinion the spices added to Red Vetyver gives an edge to it.

Wonderful scent for summer/spring, althought it can be used all year around.

Sillage is medium, lasting power is around 10 hours and projection is medium-heavy.

If you are in doubt, just buy both them: two great scents.
Scent 10.0/10
Very helpful Review    5 Awards
My Vetiver Top!
Red Vetiver is exclusive and gorgeous.

It is far better than Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver because this RV smells so rich and elegant.

I like this better than Chanel Sycomore (sweeter and milder) & even with my Terre de Hermes EDP & EDT. RV is strong but non cloying. It is a scent that would make a statement that you've got a wonderful taste in fragrance. It is rich, the vetiver is formal, the projection and longevity is to die for.

So far, I have tried many Vetiver fragrance from designers to Niche vetivers even the 1902 Vetiver. But of all these frags, my top is RV, second is Encre Noir, next would be Sel de Vetiver, TDH EDP, Sycomore & L'Occitane Vetyver.

Red Vetiver is good to blind buy so long as you have an idea what a vetiver note smelled from other perfumes. You can't go wrong with RV. It is for me, so far, Montale's best after trying my other Montales: Red Aoud, Black Aoud, Patchouli Leaves, White Aoud and Aoud Ambre.

Montale Red Vetiver: 9.5/10 ... It is almost a holy grail, almost, a wonder!

Serepave 11 months ago
It smells like terre d'hermes ... honestly i feel disappointed.
I thought it was very peculiar as the montale collection is. But i was wrong+1

Popular Montale

Black Aoud by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale Pure Gold by Montale Full Incense by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Greyland by Montale Sandflowers by Montale White Aoud by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale White Musk by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Roses Musk by Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale Red Aoud by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale