Red Vetiver Red Vetyver

Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale

Red Vetiver is a popular perfume by Montale for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Grapefruit, Patchouli, Peru balsam, Black pepper, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 02.06.2020.

Among the best!
One of my favourite vetivers and favourite Montales. This fresh combination of spices and vetiver seems to appeal me a lot! I just purchased a full bottle from this beauty. This scent is really relaxing, and sets my mind to a relaxing, confident state. This smells like a hay of dried vetiver roots splashed with Grapefruit and Black Pepper. I smell Elemi, Patchouli, Cedarwood too, which adds to the complexity of the scent. These notes stay in the background, never overpowering the vetiver/spice notes. Great longevity and sillage.

On a sidenote: I have and use both Terre d'Hermes and Montale's Vetyver. I admit they are similar, but if you "listen", you can smell the differences. Honestly I can recommend both.

Delicious spicy vetiver!
Yes, Red Vetyver is mostly like Terre D'Hermes, BUT with a better lasting power in my skin.

In my opinion the spices added to Red Vetyver gives an edge to it.

Wonderful scent for summer/spring, althought it can be used all year around.

Sillage is medium, lasting power is around 10 hours and projection is medium-heavy.

If you are in doubt, just buy both them: two great scents.

My Vetiver Top!
Red Vetiver is exclusive and gorgeous.

It is far better than Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver because this RV smells so rich and elegant.

I like this better than Chanel Sycomore (sweeter and milder) & even with my Terre de Hermes EDP & EDT. RV is strong but non cloying. It is a scent that would make a statement that you've got a wonderful taste in fragrance. It is rich, the vetiver is formal, the projection and longevity is to die for.

So far, I have tried many Vetiver fragrance from designers to Niche vetivers even the 1902 Vetiver. But of all these frags, my top is RV, second is Encre Noir, next would be Sel de Vetiver, TDH EDP, Sycomore & L'Occitane Vetyver.

Red Vetiver is good to blind buy so long as you have an idea what a vetiver note smelled from other perfumes. You can't go wrong with RV. It is for me, so far, Montale's best after trying my other Montales: Red Aoud, Black Aoud, Patchouli Leaves, White Aoud and Aoud Ambre.

Montale Red Vetiver: 9.5/10 ... It is almost a holy grail, almost, a wonder!

MillanderMillander 134 days ago
This one and Terre EDT and Encre Noire is the best masculine vetiver I can stand but just in winter.
SerepaveSerepave 4 years ago
It smells like terre d'hermes ... honestly i feel disappointed.
I thought it was very peculiar as the montale collection is. But i was wrong

by Andreas09
by Andreas09

Popular Montale

Full Incense by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Greyland by Montale White Musk by Montale Louban by Montale Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale Aoud Leather by Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale