Ristretto Intense Cafe 2019

Ristretto Intense Cafe by Montale
Ristretto Intense Cafe is a popular perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is gourmand-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

CoffeeCoffee
RoseRose
White muskWhite musk
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by GuidoSch, last update on 29.09.2021.

MarySunrise
Love at first sniff - good floral coffee
I was debating between purchasing ristretto or intense cafe, and seeing how people say intense cafe doesn’t smell much of coffee , I’m glad with my decision.
I never had a rosy perfume , or a coffee one for that matter , so this review is probably gonna be helpful to first timers like me.
The moment I sprayed it, I got an amazing, black, coffee smell , with a very strong rosy scent.
Over the first hour, the coffee laid back, and roses became more dominant. After a few hours though , the rosy coffee scent became softer, sweeter, smoother, caramely, vanilly and delightful.
I love this scent. This is definitely a cold weather one, or if in the summer, an evening one. Not because it smells bad in hot weather necessarily , but because it’s very classy and heavy, in my humble opinion.
As for the classic montale scent, it is there , but very, very mild, I can barely sense it. That being said, if you don’t like it, you might get annoyed.
Overall, I recommend to never overspray with Montale, because the silage and longevity is great.
A great unisex. Very smooth, rosy, coffee scent, that on my skin becomes sweeter over time.
Definitely a winter staple to my expanding collection.
A visit to the café
The scent smells like walking into a café where fresh coffee has just been brewed. The coffee mixes with the scent of a bouquet of roses on the counter and the slight sweetness of syrup. I would classify the scent as more feminine than unisex. As a coffee lover, I really like the scent, although I imagine it might be too sweet for some. The coffee note is but amazingly well done as I find.
Coffee? No, Rose.
Ristretto sounds good, was also strongly present during the test in the shop. Impulse buying! At home then applied and unfortunately the coffee was quickly gone and the rose took over. It is very present, I would even say dominant and unfortunately it does not suit me at all. For me it is clearly a feminine fragrance. Wear often and gladly unisex scents, this one is suitable for women because of the flower and sweetness in my opinion. Goes directly into the Souk.
Late bloomer
At our home, only tea was drunk, so that I always liked to grab the wooden coffee grinder at grandma's house to grind the coffee beans.

This was real work for my tender little children's sleeves - but I was enjoying the coffee aroma.

Of course I was not allowed to drink the coffee - I got a cup of cocoa.

So I accepted that coffee, cola and cigarettes - for me they were taboo - strengthened by my parents' opinion that these three stimulants simply don't taste good.

Years later, my girlfriend did a crash course with me: She served me a cup of coffee, a glass of coke and a Reval without filter.
And well, well, well - all three frowned upon stimulants tasted good to me.

I was a little confused about what my parents said.

A coffee vending machine was purchased - which brews really delicious coffee.
So I became late, but still a coffee drinker.
But now to the fragrance .

The coffee aroma is there - only quite dry.
It's more like just the coffee powder than a creamy steaming cup.
Vanilla and rose make the fragrance a little softer and smoother - fortunately.
I don't find him overly sweet - just a little brittle.

I like the coffee note in Black Opium a lot better - because it looks tastier and more pleasing.
She also has a homely character, which I miss in the Montale.

A unisex scent with a tendency to masculine.

Whereby with the topic coffee" Givenchy Play EDT " with the coffee blossom for men I like better
Condorpilot1
She/he likes the coffee much too sweet
Montale is one of those niche brands that actually likes to play with oud in all possible directions. But Montale can apparently also be a gourmet. Ristretto Intense Cafe is the second addition to the house with a focus on coffee. First came Intense Cafe, now Ristretto is added. Of course, this may become a more tart mixture, perhaps a little more masculine. Ristretto is usually very strong in taste, bitter, nice roasted aromas.

But what Ristretto Intense Cafe implies in its name, he does not hold. At least not by a long shot over the entire fragrance spectrum. In the prelude you get a really beautiful coffee smell in the nose, a slightly bitter smell, like from an espresso, but it is also very quickly underlined by sweetness and takes away the corners and edges of the composition. Already after a few minutes this coffee magic passes and it seems as if a spoon with honey fell into the cup of the barista when he wanted to prepare a dessert. Oops! Well, that can happen, maybe the customer likes his coffee a little sweeter, so I guess you have to play poker now...

Hmm. I won't settle for that. If I were the customer now, I would have liked to order a new ristretto and have the sweetened one returned, because I drink every coffee without sugar.

So back to the scent. As I said, Ristretto Intense Cafe is sweet. After a few minutes, the dominance of honey and sugar is so sweet that it's almost obtrusive and no longer just about coffee. At the very most, it's about powerfully sweetened cappuccino. According to this, Ristretto Intense Cafe is an absolute "top note blender", i.e. the top note is cool but the rest... well, it's not exactly what you wish for.

All in all, the scent process is also very linear. I can only perceive rose with some imagination, maybe it was soaked or drowned in sugar water. After the coffee there is only honey, sugar and in the later drydown sweet vanilla. The scent is definitely unisex, especially the drydown. But as a man I would still like to wear it. It seems to me to be very suitable as a date scent on cooler days.

Big plus point also for sillage and durability. Although it is an Extrait de Parfum, the Sillage is really pleasantly strong. Even after almost 10 hours on my neck I could feel the scent in my nose. It lasts about that long. A short walk in the sun and the perfume got an extra performance boost. This is probably the advantage of an extract with these sweet and partly dark nuances simply sticking to the skin. Often they don't shine so much to the outside but ristretto does that very well and not too obtrusive for my perception.

In my very first test, before I bought the perfume, I tested Ristretto Intense Cafe and Intense Cafe in parallel. On both wrists. On my skin, however, I liked ristretto better in all respects. Intense Cafe had felt even less to do with coffee, was even more linear and didn't last as long.

All in all, I would already recommend it, the Ristretto Intense Cafe. But it is recommended to get a sample instead of buying it blind. Because, as already mentioned, the name does not reflect the whole of the fragrance. This can be disappointing, so you have to know what you are getting :)
Corawest
First coffee then unfortunately only sugar...
Anything that smells like coffee, I love. So I have been looking for a spicy perfume with coffee scent for a long time. How good that there is perfume, because attracted by the description here I ordered a bottling of the new fragrance of Montale.
At first I was enraptured, what a beautiful coffee smell, mmhhhh. But unfortunately after 10 minutes the sweetness of too many sugar cubes came through with a light vanilla note. What a pity, again I lack the decisive spice here. Unfortunately for me no Ristretto Italiano but rather a Vanilla Dream. Arrividerci, Ristretto Intense Cafe. So I will continue my search for the ultimate coffee scent in perfume form

MariaSMariaS 18 days ago
I dont see differences between this and intense cafe. Only the "ristretto" in the title. Great scent with great performance.
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 2 months ago
Smells like sitting in a cafeteria drinking hot espresso and eating a pączek (Polish variation of a donut) with wild rose petal jam filling
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 9 months ago
A rather dry and dusty, yet linear, bitter/sweet spicy-earthy Gourmand, balanced by a warm oriental-woody base. More coffee, but lacks depth

by AlexW
by AlexW
by MrC0rnells
by MrC0rnells

Popular Montale

Full Incense by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Oud Dream by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Arabians Tonka by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Oudmazing by Montale Aoud Safran by Montale