Rose Elixir Roses Elixir 2010 Eau de Parfum

Rose Elixir / Roses Elixir (Eau de Parfum) by Montale
Rose Elixir is a perfume by Montale for women and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Roses Musk (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesStrawberry leafStrawberry leaf
RoseRose
Citrus fruitsCitrus fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasminum auriculatumJasminum auriculatum
Orange blossomOrange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
MuskMusk
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 24.09.2021.

Twin Cherie
Well! This IS the twin sister of Cherie, no doubt about it! As for all twin pairs, tiny differences distinguish them - so here the musk is more pronounced and sleek than in Cherie.

A must, and again a well deserved 9/10 for Mr. Montale - because Cherie, my dears, has that bolder, bubblier personality I love, but I don't mind her sister's company one bit!
Try to believe, the two are one and the same stamp, with tiny, pleasurable difference which renders them just about recognizable from one another. What a pair! Rejoice lovers of Cherie, in her twin you can find solace from her absence!

Perfect for day, any season, and office too (with moderation). Sharing a bed with Rose is a tender, lovely affair for sure!!!

Update: I decide to go for a double test, side to side. Cherie is actually subtler and more refined, but Rose Elixir has incredible projection. I own originals and remember Cherie for being projecting very far, but side to side is a win hands down for Rose - when it goes to skin scent, it is still the stronger between the two. Very pleased that they are so similar, though Rose is muskier whilst my Cherie, fruitier. Can't fault neither!

If I don't wait a little...
I'm gonna love him.

Do you know that? You test a scent and it makes you ambivalent. There's a note there that somehow displeases. But all in all the fragrance is quite beautiful and interesting, not least because of this disturbing factor. This disturbance factor, which is also a nerve factor and makes you think about washing off the scent and instead spraying on a 100% benefactor.
So you first put the scent back to test it again later.

Now a second factor comes into play: the brand of the fragrance and its reputation. If this scent is a drugstore scent or a celebrity scent, then its chances of being tested again are poor, you may simply forget it and pass it on at some point. But if this scent is a Montale, for example, the probability is greater that it will really be taken under the nose a second time.
There one can be still so much the opinion, one gives nothing on marks or reputation or prices.

So, the third act in the story: the fragrance of an upscale brand comes under the nose again. Once again, the interference factor is disturbing. Again something pleases also. Again ambivalence.

Now comes the point that decides top or flop:
If you don't wear it anymore, it was a flop, logically. But if you wear it only a few days longer, to fathom it out more precisely, perhaps also still beautiful days, vacation days, then it becomes top. Then one's own brain begins to perceive strange notes as familiar, discovers further nuances and somehow begins to fade out the negative.

And it can happen that at some point the bottling is finished and you can't or don't want to buy the scent right away. If he comes under your nose again after such a break, you think: For heaven's sake, how could I wear THEM regularly with enthusiasm? With the nerve factor? Then the brain has obviously recalibrated itself again.

Such a fragrance is Roses Elixir.

In the beginning it is fruity-sour and alcoholic, then a little sweeter and slightly flowery, it first seems like a refresher. I normally don't like sour things that way, because they quickly become unpleasantly fermented, but here they give the impression of sparkling champagne or fresh punch. I can't identify any fruit, I wouldn't even have recognized bergamot. It's kind of weirdly artificial, but it's not bad.

The alcohol evaporates very quickly and it gets harder. Now the interference factor begins. I'm afraid the disturbing factors are again my problematic old acquaintances: a jasmine fragrance and an orange blossom fragrance, who agree to be biting and bitchy together and to mix up the wearer a little bit They succeed in cleverly concealing their identity, because at the same time they pretend to be harmless watermelons with some sea air on the beach. Yes, now the scent seems aquatic to me.

I normally don't like aquatic scents, not because I didn't like water and sea air, but because I don't yet know a scent that really authentically translates these scents. I almost always find aquatic scents extremely unpleasant, artificial and somehow stuffy. It has a hint of it here, too. But what I also notice - and here especially: With aquatic fragrances you must not smell directly at the spray point, but must always check in the projection. In the projection they can appear fresh and bright, while on the skin they remind cruelly of chemistry lab.

In the course of the heart note I can now really smell orange blossom as the first indicated component. I even like her now. But beside her a strange aquatic conglomerate has established itself that contains another note that I can hardly describe because it is also artificial and I only know it from a few perfumes of the 80s. I find this note most likely as a distant mixture of anise and bitter almond, but really only distant. I think it's the special development of this strange aquatics as it was modern in the 80s. But in the background I also smell a little subtly sweet and slightly spicy-floral balanced. It's a pity that it resigns like this, I would like it to be more in the foreground.

Roses Elixir becomes even sweeter. I like that very much and I don't find it excessively sweet or even sticky, rather it reconciles it a bit with the previous synthetic stress conglomerate.
Now I can start to relax.
The scent is still fresh. The Sillage is very neat. When I leave the room and enter again after a few minutes, I smell a cheerful-light freshness that conjures a smile on my face. How was that with aquatics and projection? Somehow the scent is great!

At the end the 80s Vibe recedes more and more in favour of a now tender, gentle, dry-sweet spice. A hint of vanilla appears. The musk is extremely discreet and dry in its kind without being stuffy. I don't even notice Amber.
I never smell rose either.

What do we do now? I'm at the virulent point where I have to make up my mind: I wear it for a few more days and let it become the top fragrance?
Or do I leave it at Flop?

I have a few days off. I'll decide spontaneously. It has consequences.
Oh, my little darling
This rose from Montale was also a blind purchase for me...

The little one is too cute for me when sprayed pure! The fruity sweetness of strawberries and jasmine tower over the poor rose...

This can only be done together with "Roses Musk" or "Rose Night"

But to the fragrance:
At the beginning there is a clear and for me very synthetic strawberry scent... really very sweet and fruity... but at the same time there is also a citric freshness, which can't tame the sweetness... because with a good portion of sweet jasmine we immediately helped....

The rose is rather weakly perceptible with me, since the sweetness always protrudes here....
Also orange blossoms I can not really perceive... but vanilla and a slight musk note...

As I said, absolutely unbearable for me alone, but together with "Roses Musk" or "Rose Night", a sweet change and absolutely suitable for everyday use --> but only in small doses ;P

Roller coaster
Such an unsteady perfume!

1. Delicious, sweet rose with honey and fruits, the fruits are citrus, maybe strawberry, raspberry or currant, so some berry. I really like this stage.
2. Heavy resins. No, thanks. (Orange blossom?)
3. Beautiest metal and fruits, fresh, genuine, powerful. (Surprisingly I could identify this stage with top notes.)
4. Cheap, dry, strong soap.
If the stages would be competitioners, I would chose the third one, and would not sniff any other from the 4, but unfortunately there is no choice, I have to hold on till the end.

ROSES ELIXIR in my opinion is definitely for women (I beg your pardon, Gentlemen, who prefer to wear this, of course it is possible), strong and lasting.

Airy Strawberry and Sweet Roses
I sprayed this on about 4 times and thought, eh, it's just a sweet fruity scent that's kind of light. 5 minutes later, it just exploded with strawberry and roses! It was still very light and airy so that it wasn't cloying, but boy was it sweet! I felt like I was floating on a cloud of cotton candy in a rose mist with a fleeting lemony taste.

When I put my nose closer to my skin, I pick up a muted sour note resting in musk. It seems to counter the sweetness quite well, since there's nothing else in this mix to really keep it in check. I definitely detect the jasmine in this, as it seems to stand out from all the fruits and pink roses but still somehow remain part of the crowd.

This is a scent that doesn't develop much. It does deepen a little with a bit of a musky, powdery feel, almost resinous. However, it has a synthetic feel to it, which I don't fancy too much.

Overall, Roses Elixir is very pleasant and feminine, almost girly, even. It speaks of youth and happy thoughts, of a carefree time when bills and responsibilities don't matter quite so much.

This lasted around 6-7 hours on me, with the last two hours being rather soft, otherwise sillage was rather decent.

This is not a candy
Delicious composition based on strawberry and roses.

Despite being feminine, it's easily unisex in my opinion.

A bit linear scent, opens with a lot of strawberry and roses, but nothing too sweet: there's no candy like smell.

After the initial notes, there are some citruses that fades quickly.

The development of the scent is not too noticeable: there are a vanilla and amber notes that joins and gives it a depth.

Sillage and projection are medium-high. Lasting power is around 8 hours.
2.5

Strawberry Compote with Roses
Rose Elixir opens and cruises through the central notes with a bucket full of candied strawberry fruit compote. A dash of roses, a bit of fruit juice, a tiny whiff of orange blossom round out the strawberry dessert. I happen to like strawberries which is a good thing. There is no gourmand excess other than this particular event thankfully. The vanilla is reasonably restrained. The ambergris and musk bolster the entire decadently rich fruitiness into a marginally elegant drydown. But really it's all about strawberries. It could easily be a fruity chypre if they just threw in some oakmoss and a tad of patchouli. This actually reminds me a great deal of Miss Dior Cherie EDP 2011 with it's stewed strawberries as well. As fruity florals go, it's an excellent fruity floral. Those who truly enjoy strawberry will love this.

Glistening Candied Roses
An oudless rose perfume from the house of Montale? Yes, here it is: ROSE ELIXIR. This creation really caught me off guard. First, I assumed that the "elixir" would be amber or benzoin or some other resinous note(s). In fact, the elixir is a super sweet and concentrated fruit syrup! My guess was "red berries," but strawberries are identified as the primary source of the fruitiness of this composition. These are not straight-up strawberries, though. No, they have been cooked and reduced in a vanilla sugar syrup to produce a liquid with the viscosity of an elixir but the flavor of a candy. An all-natural, delicious, sparkling and bright candy, but it is candy nonetheless. By the drydown, some of the sugar syrup has evaporated away, leaving behind a very nice layer of rose, but this perfume really is quite sweet for an hour or so.

It may seem difficult to believe that Montale would release a fruity-floral perfume such as this, and I have no doubt that there were some disgruntled blind buyers who assumed that this would be a part of what one of my fragrant friends refers to as "the holy rose trinity" of Montale rose perfumes: OUD ROSE PETALS, ROSE MUSC, and OUD DAMASCUS. No, ROSE ELIXIR, defying its name, is much closer to Yves Saint Laurent PARISIENNE. If that happens to be your genre, then you cannot go wrong with this scrumptious-smelling candied strawberry rose, but only fruity-floral lovers need apply!

by Irini
by Miaw2
by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular Montale

Full Incense by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Oud Dream by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Arabians Tonka by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Ristretto Intense Cafe by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Oudmazing by Montale