Roses Musk

Roses Musk by Montale
Roses Musk is a perfume by Montale for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesRose
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.11.2020.

Angelina90
Oh oh...I think Rose's muscle is just adorable...
...I can see right now that Rose's Musk of Montale doesn't come off so well here...I'm almost a little afraid to leave my comment on this scent here... So please don't be too angry with me in the comments :)

Rose's Musk was my entry-level fragrance from the house of Montale...luckily! Because if I had started with an Oud scent, it might have deterred me from testing other scents! :) Well, it was fate!
Today I am even a fan of good oud fragrances (or as Montale calls it: "Aoud") ;) But that's another story...

Roses Musk...Roses Musk is the reason for my love for Montale...as I said before, this was my first fragrance from Montale, which aroused my interest in the manufacturer! Meanwhile I have some Montales on my shelf ....hihi
Roses Musk is a very wearable fragrance, which in my opinion looks very sexy without being too intrusive. I smell like the name says, ROSE and MUSK! You have to like musk on the spot, otherwise the scent is not for you :) I like the combination and think it is so well implemented that it can be worn in summer as well as in winter! There is always an elegance that puts a special veil around you...even if the fragrance doesn't have an extreme scent, I still find it remarkable...as if it speaks from my soul...very funny this feeling :) !!!
This rose-musk scent can even give you more self-confidence! At least for me it is :) Not every Montale can do it ;)
If I were to describe a woman wearing this fragrance, I would describe her very elegantly dressed, with high heels and red lipstick! She's just getting into a Bentley, which picks her up and takes her to the office...she has a Chanel bag in her hand and is on her way to Cartier, because there she's employed in higher management... ;)

The durability is above average for me, the Sillage actually also! If I apply the scent on my clothes or on my hair, I can even smell it the next day....has been confirmed by my friend several times ;) Then comes a sentence like " do you wear Montale again?"

He is definitely worth a test and I think he is not one of the high runners at Montale for nothing :) Of course this is always a matter of taste...but I am glad that I discovered him ;)

Greetings
A Montale fan

FioreMarina
Sleeping Beauty, go back to sleep!
A rose is a rose is... uh...
What else could I write here to avoid making the shortest comment in the history of the forum? Actually, I've already said almost everything: The fragrance delivers nothing more and nothing less than what is described in its name: first and foremost rose.
Perhaps I should say that I was pleasantly surprised by this rose, because it is a rather unpretentious, fresh, clean and also unsweet member of the family, which reminds me of the hedge roses in the Marzoller Freibad that I loved so much. So I am delighted and excited about what is still to come.
Only there's nothing more to come.
Not quite true: Actually, the musky note appears quite soon, as if it were hurrying to give the whole thing some weight and meaning. Ah, musk! I love musk This one is also... lovely... fluffy... flushed... safe... goodness gracious! I wait, sniffing around on my wrist, keep waiting, waiting in vain for the jasmine, who might give the whole thing a you-be-yet-a-dirty-little-bitch-note. Or maybe a bit of depth, at least a hint of the smell of decay, in short, on some edge, a surprise that catapults me out of this violin heaven. And it stays off.
Is that great perfumery, then?
As I continue to sniff in frustration, I have to think of the fairy tale of the emperor's new clothes, where behind much pomp and marketing is nothing but hot air and a friendly elderly gentleman strutting naked through the streets. But the Andersen fairy tale has at least a punch line and a tangible scandal, two things you hope for in vain with this fragrance.
For me he looks like a freshly washed, rosy cheerleader skirt: very pretty, very boring.
For all those who still want to have the rose-musk experience, I recommend the following hack: Simply plunder the hedge rose bush around the corner, let the petals soak in nutmeg-grape juice overnight, the next day with apple juice spritzer, or, for the savoir-vivres among us: fill it up with champagne and enjoy it with your feet in the pool, so that there is not too much heat. Then you have Rose's Musk in sparkling and cheaper, at least if you don't choose the champagne variant PS. The sillage of the perfume is kept discreet, which doesn't bother: who likes to walk around as a rose bomb?
The durability corresponds approximately to a normal cheerleader school day with subsequent Hupfdihudl training.
But I don't go to school anymore. Cheerleader's never been mine. And today is Sunday. I think I'm going to go find some real perfume.

Sharp, manly rose
I'm with Sherapop, the musk in this must be ambroxan. There are roses for sure, but it also has that weird, sharp metallic tang that I get from Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume. I don't like it. It reads as masculine to my nose, and makes my brain respond with "Not safe! Flee the area!" It provokes in me a fight-or-flight response. Too bad I sprayed it in my hair; now it will be my close companion all day.

I do like the rose part of it. But it's similar to the Juliette Has A Gun rose scents and also very linear. I find I prefer Stella McCartney's Stella for my rose fix. If you're a man and you're looking to add a manly rose scent to your repertoire, Roses Musk must make the short list.

Miaw2
Not only roses and musk...
It's not only roses and musk... it does have a great jasmine note and vanilla.

Sweet and bright roses with a great animalic note.

Not so heavy neither ethereal.

Better for women, but it's unisex in my opinion

It's like a watered down version of Mancera Roses Vanille.

Reminds me of JHAG Lady Vengeance.

Sillage, lasting power and projection are great.

A Truly Masculine Rose
Some roses are dowagers; others are jammy fruity florals; others are orientals. To my nose, Montale ROSES MUSK--at least the batch from which my sample was drawn--is really a masculine rose. Lots of ambergris (ambroxan, it seems) suffuses the rose petals of this composition. In the opening, I also smell a blast of iso-E-super cedarishness, and it lingers throughout. There is more ambergris here, I'd say, than musk, but the musk contributes no doubt as well to the overall effect of this perfume which pushes it all the way to unisex, and just a touch over the edge to the masculine side. I am quite sure that men could and would wear and enjoy this creation, if only they knew!

I actually feel a bit like a traitor saying this, given the glowing review below by Turquoise, but ROSES MUSK does not settle down into a snuggly rose scent for quite some time, and even then the ambergris-musk base stays around throughout the entire duration of the wear. I read the reviews on the German side, looking for some sort of affirmation of my perceptions, and I found that there were a couple of naysayers over there. So it seems to be true: to those who are sensitive to ambergris/ambroxan and musk, they really dominate this composition. Others may well (and apparently do) smell right through them to a heavenly rose.

I have enjoyed wearing two full milliliters of ROSES MUSK--a generous manufacturer's carded sample--and can report that the longevity and sillage of this creation are superb. However, I do not really consider this to be a rose perfume, as strange as that may sound. It's just that I've worn so many more rose-centric compositions that next to those, this one seems like a rose-tinted ambergris-musk perfume. There is something very animalic and altogether foreign to rose going on here. In a word: ambergris.

Guys, come on down!

TURQUOISE
Falling in love for the first time...
I'm not sure I can start talking about Roses Musk without getting tears falling down my face..
I'm sitting here, in front of a screen, I raise my scarf to smell the Roses..
That same fuchsia scarf was on my neck when I was once sitting all alone on a bench outside..
I will never forget that day.. I was so sad while a gentleman came close to give me a fresh-cut pink Rose.. he said "It matches your scarf miss"..
It was a cold November day, I was so lost in my world.. I just thanked him.

I never knew I loved Roses until that moment came.. You know.. That special moment when you think you are the ruler of the world but you suddenly realise that the world rules you..

That's exactly what Roses Musk is.. It's the ruler of my heart, my mind, my madness and my logic..

Roses Musk is delicate.. fragile.. it's a sensational whisper full of promises
...reflected in the enchanted lovers eyes...

Don't be fooled by it's vulnerable nature.. Roses Musk will seduce you tenderly while letting believe you are the seducer.. exactly like the soft jasmine notes wrap around the dew kissed roses..
They will caress you and you will feel like it's the first time you truly see the world...
Time will stop ticking.

You will raise your head and you will see for the first time the sun kissing your naked soul...

You will find both freedom and safety

Jazzy76Jazzy76 11 months ago
5.5
A very intense rose note made deepier by the musk. Strong sillage and good longevity, but nothing so special for its very high price
Bcars10Bcars10 3 years ago
I concur 100% with Sherapop's review: It's a very masculine rose with some Ambroxan mixed in. It's sharp & metallic and tickles my nose.

by Angelina90
by Florblanca
by Fran
by Fran

Popular Montale

Full Incense by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Arabians Tonka by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Oud Dream by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Greyland by Montale Aoud Safran by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale