Sweet Oriental Dream

Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale
Compare Prices
Sweet Oriental Dream is a perfume by Montale for women and men. The release year is unknown. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Fruits, Honey, Almond, Jam, Nuts, Rose, Vanilla, Sugar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 11.03.2017

Scent 9.0/10
sweet oriental dream
if you like loukhoum by keiko mecheri or the lutens loukhoum creation you will probably like this ,in my opinion the best gourmand ever created
Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
One of the best in my collection
I have to say that the first time I tried SOD i didn't like it that much, but with a few wearings I fell in love with it powdery sweetness that never gets cloying (though the first impressions make you think It could become a cloying mes, but it doesn't).

I got 20ml free from an order to Montale, later 50ml...later 100ml. I love the perfect mix of rose, almonds (most almondy fragrances feel too "plasticky" to my nose, but this don't), spices and vainilla. It last for ages with a very good sillage. I love to get constant whiffs of my fragrance and I enjoy the aura this fragrance gives me.

Definitely unisex. Most of my friends love it and ask me for a little so they can wear it every now and then.
Scent 10.0/10
Delicious Loukhoum
This is wonderfully delicious! I adore the scent of Loukhoum and this is as delectable as that Turkish delight gets. A mouthwatering combination of almond, vanilla, honey and sugar with lovely hints of rose in the background. I was taken with this fragrance from first sniff ... sweet, luscious and nutty. If you like Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum (like I do), they're very similar but Montale Sweet Oriental Dream is even creamier on the skin.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 2.0/10
No oriental delight
I personally CANNOT wear this oriental dessert: loads of honey, nougat, sugar, vanilla, rose-jam equal a "loukhum perfume" without the oriental delight, without any delight whatsoever. Hints of the "in-house built in" standard aoud-accord render the scent even worse and add up to one sickly sweet, cloying mess. Beware: This one is head-ache inducing and there's nearly no way of escaping it once it is on your skin, the ultra-potent mix lasts for ages. One of the worst Montales I ever tried.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Sweet---check. Oriental---check. Dream---check.
For loukhoum lovers only, Montale SWEET ORIENTAL DREAM is just that. To my nose, this composition is slightly less sweet than my memory of the first perfume in the Keiko Mecheri trio. However, my reception of the KM loukhoum perfumes may very well have been affected by my non-expectations of super-sweetness, given that I had no idea at the time what loukhoum even was!

My suspicion is that some reviewers of SWEET ORIENTAL DREAM (at other sites), too, lacked previous loukhoum experience. What is even more strange, given the name, is that people are complaining that this perfume is sweet. This is a rare case of total truth in advertising! I could definitely understand such complaints, were this perfume simply named ORIENTAL DREAM and marketed as unisex. Then any guy who purchased this scent unsniffed would have a valid claim in requesting a full refund. In this case, however, the sweetness is unabashedly and unapologetically revealed up front and center. If you do not like sweet perfumes, why in the world would you be purchasing something called SWEET ORIENTAL DREAM? Perhaps reviewers simply like to bitch in general. That would explain why they get all bent out of shape whether the name falsely or accurately claims to be this or that thing. But I digress...

SWEET ORIENTAL DREAM is a confectionary perfume with more almond nougat than anything else. The roses are akin to the ones made out of frosting and poised atop store-baked birthday and wedding cakes. But anyone who is actually looking for a loukhoum perfume should give this one a try, provided that they have a triple expresso and a pitcher of ice water close by! The longevity of this perfume is typical for loukhoum-centric compositions, at least those I've tried: quasi-infinite. Loukhoum sticks around until you submerge your perfumed naked body in a bath! That's a good thing if you like it, but a precaution to those who are testing for the very first time.

A fine loukhoum perfume, in my estimation, but it is what it is, and it's not what it's not. If you have not yet walked down loukhoum lane, this would be an excellent place to start (and, for many, to finish).

Lexa 148 days ago
Pierre cherié,you've made it! You actually succeeded creating the sweetness of sweetness in parfumery.Vanilled almonds sunk in honey.Sweet!+3

Popular Montale

Black Aoud by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale Pure Gold by Montale Full Incense by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Greyland by Montale Sandflowers by Montale White Aoud by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale White Musk by Montale Roses Musk by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Red Aoud by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale