Sweet Vanilla 2015

Sweet Vanilla by Montale
Sweet Vanilla is a popular limited perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation Limited Edition

Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla
ApricotApricot
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 06.01.2022.

Muckelina
If I'd expected you today, I would have made a cake...
As always, my husband has seen various YT videos about perfumes and now he really wanted to have a vanilla perfume. And not just anything with vanilla, no sweet vanilla it must also still be.
I suffer a lot from headaches when perfume is too sweet, so I had always tried to avoid that until now. When I heard vanilla, I inevitably had Vanilla Kisses (deodorant from the 90s) in front of my eyes and immediately got a headache.
But it was as so often, all discussing helped nothing - a sample had to come.
I came home, my husband had off that day. I unlocked the apartment door and when I came into the hallway, everything smelled like freshly baked, warm cake. I can barely comprehend that moment. I was immediately in a good mood and was looking forward to the cake. Although I knew at the same time that my husband has never baked a cake and why should he, it was not a special day. Full of anticipation I came to him in the living room, the smell still present. Of course there was no cake, it was his new Montale sample that smelled so wonderful here. It was crazy, I had to go to the bakery right away and buy two muffins. I would not have survived this day without pastries?
The same day, we ordered the bottle!
I actually smell only this cake-like vanilla smell, which is so pleasant and not at all as sweet as you might think.
The sillage is terrific and yet not intrusive, well anyway not if you like it :)
The durability is insane, sprayed on in the morning and in the evening in bed you can still smell for others perceptible and even more so for yourself. On the clothes you still smell after days. The apartment also smells the whole day and now that you know that there is nothing to eat, I spray him also like just times so in the air. As a room fragrance he would also be perfect, because the scent is so mega pleasant and yet restrained.
I am constantly addressed on the street, at the bakery and while shopping. The people think, however, rather not that it is a perfume. They ask rather what I have that smells so delicious after cake, cookies, etc.
I would not wear it now on a plane, train or anywhere else where you are very close to people. Simply because it smells very very and if my neighbor doesn't like it as much as I do, he can't just ignore it. No he can't...
It is a real surprise and there is danger of addiction ?

MarySunrise
Easy buy for sweet lovers
I'm a beginner in the sweet perfume corner, and it is my first Montale perfume, so to me it was definitely an overwhelming experience, at first.
First of all, DO NOT OVERSPRAY THIS!! And I mean it, because even with two sprays your nose can be easily overwhelmed, but with a light touch it is a great experience!
This is a very linear scent, you definitely smell vanilla and apricot, all the way, from the beginning to an end. That being said it is not a "warm" evening vanilla, it is a bright and sugary vanilla if you are wondering. Same with the apricot, this is not a fresh apricot scent, it's more sugary, candy, apricot jam, so if you are looking for a natural one, this ain't it.
I always heard about the signature Montale synthetic scent in every bottle, and I definitely sense it, but not in a bad or strong way.
At the beggining the scent is very strong and sweetly fresh, but after an hour or two ( if not oversprayed) it becomes a more subtle, still very noticeable, but "easy" and more natural scent. And that's why I came to like it very much. I would say on my skin, the sugary apricot is the first note, but vanilla is very much there, and after a few good hours the vanilla becomes a bit warmer, and overtakes the apricot just by a bit.
I wouldn't say this is a crazy gourmand scent, but this is a sweet pleasure.
To me, this is definitely a "female" scent, but who cares eh. If you like sugary fruity candy smell, this is an easy buy. Just be careful with the amount.
Over all very pleased, and ready to explore more of Montale, and sweet scents in general.
PS : I have been also layering it with basically any perfume I have / am testing , as well , goes great with most! ( a part from sweet perfumes IMO ) So just overall a great add on of a perfume!!

True sweet vanilla
I received Montale’s discovery kits for my birthday and I was amazed how many vanilla scents variations in it. “Sweet vanilla” is simple, but at the same time interesting combination of vanilla and apricot notes. I like how it opens up within few hours and I can see why people recommend to layer this perfume with other fragrances, due to musky sweet dried notes. It gives gourmand sweetness and luxury feel to it. I don’t know how others can hear this scent for 6 and more hours? It was gone on me within few hours and I have to reapply again. I like perfumes with more complexity then this one. It was great way to experience this fragrance, but to my taste I like “Vanilla cake” for very gourmet scent. If you like very light perfumes, it is still good choice.

Absolute Vanilla
I’m about to eat my own arm. Rating: 10/10

I’m not much of a vanilla fan when it comes to perfumes, probably because of some scent back from the 80s that I remember smelling and hating. I wish I could remember the name of it, but it was sickeningly sweet.

But, I digress. This perfume is delicious. I love how the scent of vanilla is comforting, and it lasts all day.

When I wear this fragrance I smell like a vanilla cupcake and cake is my most favorite thing in the whole world. I’m buying a entire bottle of this one.

Sillage: 6 feet
Longevity: 9 hours

ScentwitchScentwitch 2 months ago
Sweet and lovely, like a sugar cookie.
MiniGBICMiniGBIC 2 months ago
Sweet vanilla apricot tart, I like very much.
Extra point for the 20 ml bottles, they are really cute :)

by Zora
by Zora
by BlueValkyrie
by BlueValkyrie
Flüssiges Gold

Popular Montale

Intense Cafe by Montale Oud Dream by Montale Full Incense by Montale Arabians Tonka by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Ristretto Intense Cafe by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Aoud Safran by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale