Vanilla Cake 2018

Vanilla Cake by Montale
7.3 / 10 129 Ratings
Vanilla Cake is a perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

MilkMilk Roasted almondRoasted almond CaramelCaramel Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla
Submitted by ExUser, last update on 02.02.2023.

7 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 13
Delicious saddler
In the dark season of the year I often crave sweets - no wonder, because the dopamine mirror wants to be lifted.

But sweet treats stick to the teeth - and on the hips.

So my ma taught me to rather reach for a vanilla scent that, according to her experience, calms the "sweet tooth".

So Vanilla Cake came in handy
An oven-warm vanilla strudel, topped with almond seeds and poured over with caramel sauce appears like a hologram before my "jeepernden" eyes.
I would like to storm the cake counter near Kstadt, armed with a cake fork and a woozy view.

But - easy !
In between there is a car drive - and, even worse, the car key search.

But this delay proves to be a blessing - because Mama's prophecy comes true.
This sweet, soft cake aroma has successfully soothed my synapses - and it's calming down.
A desired placebo effect - so to speak.

I feel saturated - but not unpleasantly full of paper - and can enjoy the delicious - tasty scent.

Also the husband surrounds me friendly - and feels a " comfortable " atmosphere.

I can only agree with that.
Eau de diabetis
Montale Vanilla Cake - a gourmet scent like in a book. A fragrance that already smells so sweet and strong on the sprayer that it almost knocks you out or makes you float on cloud nine. At the first sniff, it's clear what this is all about: nothing but juicy cake, the name says it all. Not every Montale is like that, sometimes the names are misleading.

I find it difficult to divide these nuances of fragrance into a pyramid, because so much simply comes together at once: Vanilla, sugar, cream, a little toasted almond, and in between strawberry and cherry (although not listed). It actually smells like a perfect strawberry tart made by grandma and prepared with love. Next to it a hot milk with honey and the cosy winter dessert is perfect. After a few minutes you are already full of the smell :-)

Vanilla Cake wraps the wearer in a strong silage for a long time, which has the potential to fill a whole room. Maybe this is the reason why you should be careful with the spraying. The scent hardly changes for hours and remains largely linear. The light fruity notes slowly disappear over time, leaving a sugary vanilla base. Somehow you can't keep your nose off, you prefer to bite your arm constantly.

Yes, Vanilla Cake is definitely more feminine but definitely conceivable as a unisex scent. Perfect for the winter, maybe for a date, Vanilla Cake is simply tempting to bite
PennyPearl
A visit to the kitschy nursery of a girl playing with granny's ancient beauty products
The fragrance is many things, but for me not primarily vanillig.
That it would be synthetic, yes clear, no surprise, would have been well or interesting synthetic made, but the is already really rather strange.
At the beginning: for me caramel chocolate plus hair conditioner and vordergündig comes very penetrating a waxy note to the fore, (somehow also musty) which reminds me very much of an old jar lip balm, which stood around too long open.
Then vanilla strawberry scented candle.
A little dough.
The "My little Ponies" of my childhood; plastic and continuing to have that dull waxy note that I find really disgusting, but then it fades further and further into the background.
American ready-made muffins toasted come later.
Cold milk with sweetened cereals.
The wrist keeps coming towards the nose, just as convenience foods full of flavor enhancers can be addictive, wearing that one I guess I'd rather not, just as one can feel nauseated after a gluttony of bad, artificial foods.
Since there are much better vanilla gourmands that smell tastier and / or more stylish.
Helpful Review 4
Challenge in Advent: On the way to "my" vanilla scent - 5 December 2019
We have guests from Mississippi today. It is unusual that people from so far away get lost in our village, but also understandable when you know that they want to participate in a special sports event here in the region. For all our guests I always bake a fixed, but very fine cake as a welcome greeting. The base consists classically of butter, eggs and sugar and one and a half times the amount of flour, plus seasonal delicacies such as cherries in summer, walnuts in autumn or marzipan in winter. At the moment, however, my vanilla challenge is running, and it was clear that I was baking a pure vanilla cake to compare it with my current fragrance event "Vanilla Cake".
What do you want me to say? I'd rather have perfumed myself with my cake dough than with the Montale scent. And that means something - this fluffy-light dough is certainly not so pleasant behind the ears and in the décolleté... Nevertheless: I would rather smell my dough than "vanilla cake", and if I had the choice... I certainly don't want to step on anyone's toes here - but this is just not possible.... Now, after one hour, I notice something like vanilla at all, whereby I have to go very close with my nose to my hand; the Sillage is not so convincing. So far, however, I have only noticed an unpleasant artificial sweet smell, which, measured in terms of vanilla cake, cuts off like an Almigurt for me compared to a natural yoghurt with pureed summer strawberries and some sugar. As fake as these components called Vanilla Cake received me, I can't bring myself to classify them at all, and that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with my being a perfume discovery novice... It's just that artificial smells can be anything; since they are far from the original, it only takes a chain of associations to recognize everything imaginable. In this case it should be a vanilla cake, but it could just as well be wine gum dairy cows, as already mentioned here, or a fabric softener. Of course - the whole thing is sweet. But it can't really satisfy me in my desire for a beautiful, wintery vanilla fragrance. Artificiality is simply too dominant for me.
Tomorrow then finally Sinfonia di Note: Note d'Acqua - Dolce Vaniglia
delicious
Warm and sweet and delicious, if I must be brief.

For those who have a little more time:
The smell gives me a feeling of security and coziness. Probably related to the fact that it smells almost exactly like the semolina porridge my mother so often made for me.

Especially in winter, when you have to get out in the cold early: a lifesaver.
Instead of feeling slagged off and falling victim to the dreary weather, the fragrance just puts you in a good mood.

Once spray smells until late afternoon. Even in the evening a cloud comes every now and then, when you turn on the couch in the blanket, while you eat a portion of porridge.

I agree with the opinions that a real vanilla cake or pod smells different. But absolutely not better. Vanilla Cake smells softer, rounder and has nothing sour about it. Which is what I dislike about a real vanilla bean, which I pulled for comparison.

In addition, it can be combined quite well with some other fragrances.