Vanille Absolu

Vanille Absolu by Montale
Vanille Absolu is a popular perfume by Montale for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Clove, Woods, Vanilla, Cinnamon

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 02.04.2021.

Vanilla and I
My first comment here... and I want to tell about my vanilla love.
I have always loved the smell of vanilla, perfume too, and so this winter I merged these two passions and blindly bought vanilla fragrances based on reviews from this forum?

After the absolutely heavenly experience for me with Sublime Vanille by Creed, I thought to myself: checkpot! And in high spirits made other vanilla blind purchases, including this one.

Unfortunately, the enthusiasm did not last long: the bottle I find cool and definitely something different, but then I sprayed the fragrance on me.

And was irritated.
I smell no custard.
No vanilla bean.
Just a warm sweet mass, with a somewhat pungent, unpleasantly synthetic touch.
As it progresses, the vanilla quietly emerges, but mostly I smell- this pungent synthetic note.

Where my Sublime Vanilla caressed me and I would like to bite my arm ?, I would like to let my arm here not closer than necessary to my face....
Which then my blind buying frenzy is beginning to fade in.
Probably better that way ?
Nice sweet vanilla pudding
Well, I ordered it blind and I have to say I find it really delicious.

It is beautifully sweet and has an authentic vanilla. In fact, it reminds me of a delicious luscious real vanilla pudding.
Yes and more I really don't smell out except for lush vanilla pudding or even a little bit of the scent of vanillin sugar... mhhhhh

You have to like it, if you like sweet scents you will surely like them too.

The durability is good. On my sleeve it smells nice and vanilla.
I can imagine Christmas, too.

However, what I have found and I wanted to share with you that this fragrance is incredibly well suited to layering.

The scent alone is super no question but for layering it is the madness as I think.

If you want to let fragrances become even more feminine you can use the top as a base.

I've only tried mon guerlain and ysl Black opium so far and I have to say that it smells so incredibly good and feminine and so beautiful and sweet ..

Also I think you can make scents that actually do not contain vanilla sweeter I have also tried it with Guerlain Mitsouku and I must say that it is now much more wearable for me as I am more into sweeter scents anyway.

You have to try it one at a time, but I think the best way to layer it would be with fragrances that already contain vanilla.

But I can definitely recommend it also as a single fragrance. This blind purchase was definitely not a bad buy for me.

Rebella
Less is more. Fabolous foody vanilla.
Montale´s Vanille Absolu is very far from understated elegance. Still, I somehow find it to be a very much less is more kind of vanilla. This is straight forward vanilla for vanilla lovers. You need to love the sweet, creamy and full bodied smell of vanilla, you need to love smelling like a vanilla cake fresh from the oven, as vanilla pods in your cupboard, all kinds of vanilla you can imagine actually, because that is what you get in Vanille Absolu. But, what is it not to love with vanilla? Kids will think you smell great, your teenagers will come home from school and -for a while at least- have a smile on their face when they see you and ask what you have baked and if you fancy some attention from your husband, Vanille Absolu will pretty much help you with that part to. Even dogs seems to like the smell of it, at least my dog does. If you don´t fancy that kind of attention from each and everyone, and if you hate vanilla in scents or can´t stand to smell eatible, then -of course- you have to stay away from Vanille Absolu.

I love it. :) And since Vanille Absolu is such a plain, easy going vanilla, it´s also good for layering with scents that occationally needs some sweetening and body. I can tell there is some cinnaomon and clove in it, but those notes plays a very small, but still important part, they underscore the different features of vanilla, from the sweetest thing to sexy smoke lingering in the base.

This IS a vanilla for vanilla lovers, nothing else. :)

KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
Fantastic! It's like drinking hot chocolate by the fireplace at christmas. Spices balance sweetness. Very natural and warm scent. I love it!

Popular Montale

Full Incense by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Oud Dream by Montale Arabians Tonka by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Oudmazing by Montale White Musk (Eau de Parfum) by Montale Aoud Safran by Montale