Vetiver Patchouli 2019

Vetiver Patchouli by Montale
Vetiver Patchouli is a new perfume by Montale for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-green. It is still in production.

Vetiver, Jasmine, Pink pepper, Carrot, Patchouli

Submitted by Carlitos01, last update on 16.10.2020.

Norleans
Tart, fresh, gei.... Great!
In 2019 I will have a bit of free time after all and I will dedicate it to this very special little room here.
Vetiver patchouli from Montale was recommended to me as a somewhat cheaper alternative to Orage from Louis Vouitton. When it comes to fragrances, I'm usually more of a "main-original-and-in-a-bottle" type. This is the first time I didn't care. And I have no regrets
Vetiver Patchouli is once again a very functional name, following the credo "what's written on it is in it". The Montale company has not yet crossed my path and I don't know of any other fragrance from this house. But it might be worthwhile to throw the nose lasso here again.

VP has almost something sour in the opening, with the complete absence of Zitrik, that was new for me. You almost want to back off a little, because the first inhalation really gets you going. There is a racy freshness in the composition, which was unique for me until then. Vetiver as a single component is good and can be perceived for a very long time, although the other components are not really recognizable individually for me. The fragrance remains relatively constant, although I believe that patchouli seems to become stronger from the base note onwards.
The durability leaves nothing to be desired on me
VP has nothing sweet, gentle or soft. It is quite striking, but still remains somewhat in the background. It does not take up the space for itself, but surrounds the wearer with a harsh, fresh aura. I can think of no situation in which it might not be appropriate as a range of applications. Definitely the best choice is probably the daily work routine, also in customer contact, because despite its initial impact, it becomes a bit more profound. I could imagine that it might get a bit musty in midsummer, but that remains to be seen. VP is declared here as a men's fragrance, in my opinion it is also well wearable by the self-confident ladies.

If you have the opportunity to test it, it's worth it and costs less than half the Orage, with better durability and a fantastic bottle. The sapwood only has to be removed from the travel flacon before use.

Thanks for reading it.

Hitchslap
Patch and Bergamot, here, there........everywhere.
I thought it was just me, after reading the first review here though my suspicions were confirmed, I smell Bergamot!

Bergamot is not listed but that's what I get, Patchouli and Bergamot.

Jo Malone's Oud & Bergamot comes to mind when wearing this scent.

Patchouli, to me, is really nice, conjuring images of a dark/earthy environment but can easily become olfactory overload.

Great quality and more for casual fare, though easy on the application because I'm guessing that there are plenty of folks that find patchouli an overbearing fragrance note.
The Earl Of Grey Meets Jasmine
With Vetiver Patchouli, Montale has a third patchouli fragrance in its current range this year. Or rather, "patchouli" is part of the perfume name. Are the other two still typical Montale-crackers with a lot of humming - Patchouli-Leaves is a hardcore-patch and comes along quite loud and Patchouli Leather makes the leather whip pop - Vetiver Patchouli is a quiet step.
The attack starts with a strong citrus vetiver note, like bergamot, refreshing, which remains throughout. The fragrance is linear. There's hardly any change. Only the initial severity becomes milder after 5 to 10 minutes. The fragrance then appears rounder. After about half an hour, you can gently guess at some patchouli. But really just a whiff. I wouldn't have guessed it on a blind test. When after about 2 hours the vetiver loses its dominance, jasmine comes to the fore.
After 4 hours the Montale has evaporated. Pretty short-lived, actually. Sillage's okay, I guess. More does not have to be.
If you like fresh, green fragrances, like vetiver and are looking for something else for the summer, you should try it out. A masculine fragrance with aftershave character. A classic that my father could have worn in a slightly different variant. I associate it with shaving soap, barbershop, tweed suit, Sean Connery, Prince Charles, Earl Grey, green nature and cool brooks. A nice scented water that always goes and never disturbs. I prefer to stay with Patchouli Leaves, Profumum Roma Patchouly and Patchouli Noir. And for the very hot days I have the (new) Elixir from Reminiscence. I just let myself get tempted again. I had a hunch, somehow. Not my cup of tea.
Many thanks to Dunki, who could fill me 5 ml of his sharing!

BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 days ago
Nothing groundbreaking but a nice fresh and tart scent. Vetiver and patchouli that remind me of Sur la Route by Louis Vuitton.

Popular Montale

Full Incense by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Oud Dream by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Arabians Tonka by Montale Aoud Safran by Montale Greyland by Montale Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale