Vetiver Patchouli (2019)

Vetiver Patchouli by Montale

Vetiver Patchouli is a new perfume by Montale for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-green. It is still in production.

Vetiver, Jasmine, Pink pepper, Carrot, Patchouli

Submitted by Carlitos01, last update on 01.07.2020.

The Duel
Whoever has followed my statements knows exactly which fragrance will win this duel, as I have also decided to dedicate a comment to Montale and not to Orage. I actually prefer to write about fragrances I like Both fragrances are really very similar, here you can really talk about twins.

Also means that I like the Orage, but why I prefer the Montale I will briefly describe Montale in itself is actually a brand for people for whom a baking tray is just a larger raclette pan.
There's a bang, there's a boom, it lasts forever on your skin and you usually need a flex to get rid of the scent At least these are my experiences with some fragrances of this brand, which until now, perhaps for this very reason, I have been less attracted to.
But exactly here with this fragrance you can do it completely different.
Here the fragrance is perhaps not as finely balanced as the Orage, but that doesn't bother me. But the Montale is also not the kind you can't get rid of, but a chic companion that is loud enough to be noticed
Both fragrances in themselves are freshly spicy to me and vetiver plays a big role. To my astonishment, however, I like both of them, although I have difficulties with a lot of vetiver, it sometimes got on my nerves and brought an unpleasant dryness with it. This may also be due to the fact that it does not appear in extreme doses.
They are slightly powdery, relatively linear and actually give off a little of the scent when it has rained outside and you walk through the green. They both start off a bit sour. A prankster who now thinks of acid rain.
The Montale is perhaps a touch more flowery, but the Orage is a little bit sweeter. Blindly you will hardly be able to distinguish them from each other and I can only write this because I have both of them here, have tested them for a longer time and have both on my skin right now, otherwise I would never be able to do this
At the base I would also see a touch more patchouli at Montale. I don't find it stuffy, nor do I have any association with damp earth, rather fresh field...unfertilized.
Freshness here is not defined by citric components, but rather by the use of pepper and vetiver. Nevertheless, the whole thing doesn't seem too sharp, but puts you in a good mood and makes you want to watch some refreshing movies like Kühl Bill, Zurück in die Zugluft, Odysee im Kühlraum, or the classic Schleck Langsam. But I'm not done with the twelve frozen ones yet and want to watch V for Viennetta and Hunter of the Frozen Treasure before I go.

Anyway...
This duel of the two almost equal fragrances which I have fought out here with me goes to Montale.
The smell:
Montale: Stronger, slightly unround but not disturbing
Orage: Finer, a little sweeter and more reserved
1/1

The shelf life:
Montale: 8h plus. Nothing to complain about. It may not last as long as other Montale, but that's enough Orage: After 4 hours it gets mellow, after 6 hours the fun is completely over. For the money a No Go.

The Sillage:
Montale: Very good and also quite long. You can clearly notice a room with it.
Orage: In the beginning quite good, but then the scent takes off quite quickly. Too fast for me.

The price:
Montale: Currently online at 120€. By discount codes surely still something to screw on it.
Orage: 210€ only at Louis Vuitton and whether the discount give I can not even say.

Field of application:
Montale: all-rounder. Good for everything actually and always.
Orage: All-rounder, if you want and like to re-spray, or if you have shorter occasions.

Flacon:
Montale: I don't really like those deodorant cans Orage: I like the simple elegance of flacons reminiscent of apothecary bottles.
0/1

Makes a 5-2 for the Montale.
Yes there was the Orage a little bit earlier and therefore this is quasi a replica and therefore not innovative, but the points speak for themselves at least for me.
After all, you don't always have to reinvent the wheel. For many people the diet they use is called Photoshop and they feel comfortable with it Currently there are more resonances and ratings for the Vuitton. But if I like this one and it would be too expensive, I recommend to try the Montale here.

I find it difficult to describe the scent exactly, because there are no other comparisons. The one with the thunderstorm and the rain will be fine, but you can't expect it to smell exactly the same. But I would like to add: nice and tasty, elegantly tart and masculine. A fragrance not for every day, but for someone who can clearly show his edge
Last but not least, because of the movies mentioned earlier the desire to go to the cinema has somehow come up again. Everything has become more expensive and my last installment for nachos and popcorn will expire in 2025, but it would be nice to go to the cinema again after a long time and before the next generation wonders why there are so many gifs. You could wear the fragrance there as well.

On that note, I wish you an evening fit for film
Norleans
Tart, fresh, gei.... Great!
In 2019 I will have a bit of free time after all and I will dedicate it to this very special little room here.
Vetiver patchouli from Montale was recommended to me as a somewhat cheaper alternative to Orage from Louis Vouitton. When it comes to fragrances, I'm usually more of a "main-original-and-in-a-bottle" type. This is the first time I didn't care. And I have no regrets
Vetiver Patchouli is once again a very functional name, following the credo "what's written on it is in it". The Montale company has not yet crossed my path and I don't know of any other fragrance from this house. But it might be worthwhile to throw the nose lasso here again.

VP has almost something sour in the opening, with the complete absence of Zitrik, that was new for me. You almost want to back off a little, because the first inhalation really gets you going. There is a racy freshness in the composition, which was unique for me until then. Vetiver as a single component is good and can be perceived for a very long time, although the other components are not really recognizable individually for me. The fragrance remains relatively constant, although I believe that patchouli seems to become stronger from the base note onwards.
The durability leaves nothing to be desired on me
VP has nothing sweet, gentle or soft. It is quite striking, but still remains somewhat in the background. It does not take up the space for itself, but surrounds the wearer with a harsh, fresh aura. I can think of no situation in which it might not be appropriate as a range of applications. Definitely the best choice is probably the daily work routine, also in customer contact, because despite its initial impact, it becomes a bit more profound. I could imagine that it might get a bit musty in midsummer, but that remains to be seen. VP is declared here as a men's fragrance, in my opinion it is also well wearable by the self-confident ladies.

If you have the opportunity to test it, it's worth it and costs less than half the Orage, with better durability and a fantastic bottle. The sapwood only has to be removed from the travel flacon before use.

Thanks for reading it.

Hitchslap
Patch and Bergamot, here, there........everywhere.
I thought it was just me, after reading the first review here though my suspicions were confirmed, I smell Bergamot!

Bergamot is not listed but that's what I get, Patchouli and Bergamot.

Jo Malone's Oud & Bergamot comes to mind when wearing this scent.

Patchouli, to me, is really nice, conjuring images of a dark/earthy environment but can easily become olfactory overload.

Great quality and more for casual fare, though easy on the application because I'm guessing that there are plenty of folks that find patchouli an overbearing fragrance note.
The Earl Of Grey Meets Jasmine
With Vetiver Patchouli, Montale has a third patchouli fragrance in its current range this year. Or rather, "patchouli" is part of the perfume name. Are the other two still typical Montale-crackers with a lot of humming - Patchouli-Leaves is a hardcore-patch and comes along quite loud and Patchouli Leather makes the leather whip pop - Vetiver Patchouli is a quiet step.
The attack starts with a strong citrus vetiver note, like bergamot, refreshing, which remains throughout. The fragrance is linear. There's hardly any change. Only the initial severity becomes milder after 5 to 10 minutes. The fragrance then appears rounder. After about half an hour, you can gently guess at some patchouli. But really just a whiff. I wouldn't have guessed it on a blind test. When after about 2 hours the vetiver loses its dominance, jasmine comes to the fore.
After 4 hours the Montale has evaporated. Pretty short-lived, actually. Sillage's okay, I guess. More does not have to be.
If you like fresh, green fragrances, like vetiver and are looking for something else for the summer, you should try it out. A masculine fragrance with aftershave character. A classic that my father could have worn in a slightly different variant. I associate it with shaving soap, barbershop, tweed suit, Sean Connery, Prince Charles, Earl Grey, green nature and cool brooks. A nice scented water that always goes and never disturbs. I prefer to stay with Patchouli Leaves, Profumum Roma Patchouly and Patchouli Noir. And for the very hot days I have the (new) Elixir from Reminiscence. I just let myself get tempted again. I had a hunch, somehow. Not my cup of tea.
Many thanks to Dunki, who could fill me 5 ml of his sharing!

Popular Montale

Full Incense by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Aoud Safran by Montale Greyland by Montale Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale White Musk by Montale Louban by Montale Oudmazing by Montale