White Musk

White Musk by Montale
Compare Prices
White Musk is a perfume by Montale for women and men. The release year is unknown. It is still in production.

Geranium, Musk, Violet, Ylang-ylang

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.04.2017

Scent 6.0/10
Helpful Review    3 Awards
This was nice; I'll leave it for the Zombies
I love clean musk fragrances. But in a sea of variations on a common theme, I don't think the stars will ever align for me on this one. It is quite unremarkable. Does it smell good? Yes, totally decent. Outstanding sillage and if the Body Shop White Musk isn't loud enough for you- check this out, for sure! White Musk is all that it can be- fresh, light, synthetic a little powdery and green. It is in that safe zone of clean side musky perfect for day wear- it's not too sweet or cloying and it is unisex for sure. But unexceptional for the house of Montale. I was so excited on my fragrance journey to encounter the complete line of currently available Montale scents, with so many raves about "Intense Cafe", "Fruit of the Musk", "Red Aoud" and others...I almost forgot to sample this one, inspite of my core love for White Musks. Well, that would have been no major crime, in this case. White Musk is somewhere on that spectrum of things I can live with or with out- or can be easily substituted in my olfactory directory. Sometimes when I walk into a great fragrance boutique I play a quick mental game called "Zombie Apocalypse Must Have Fragrances" (I know that seems ridiculous on so many levels- but, it's fun!). The rules of the game are quite simple- 1.It's a Zombie Apocalypse 2. You need to grab 3 fragrances to last you until the next supply run from the safe house where you'll be hold up with the rag-tag band of strangers and no running water, indefinitely. 3. Someone else is taking care of the essential survival supplies like food, water and antibiotics- You and you alone are incharge of the fragrances.) Which 3 do you grab? Well...o.k. so, all that to say, Montale White Musk never even came close to making the short list from Montale.Since they are all in that similar metalic spray bottle, I will eventually fall prey to one of them and it will eat my brain, I'm sure- but today I escape to the safety of the compound with "Chocolate Greedy". Hey everyone, we can survive on the smell of Chocolate for a month, right?
Sillage 7.5/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 7.0/10
3 Awards
As advertised, but better than expected
Not being much for big musk perfumes, I have been pleasantly surprised by Montale WHITE MUSK. The name is perfect because the musk is really very clean and pure. I barely smell any flowers at all, but I have noticed that the musk in this composition appears to be similar to that used in Chanel NO 5. Now that everyone uses synthetic musk, there may be more convergence among musk perfumes than there were back in the olden days when unsuspecting musk deer were "relieved" of parts of their anatomy in order to satisfy wealthy people's desire for luxurious perfume.

The question becomes: if every house from Jovan to Montale is using synthetic musks to make their musk solinote perfumes, then why in the world would anyone choose the most rather than the least expensive of the available offerings? Not being a musk connoisseur, I have to admit that I do not know the answer to the question!

I did notice today that the remnants of By Kilian LOVE AND TEARS, which I found to be a rather hum-drum and dry jasmine soliflore, mingle quite nicely with the Montale WHITE MUSK. To make sure that I was not misinterpreting the Montale, I also tested it on the back of my hands. It's a clean white musk, no question about that. What I'm still not sure of is whether I like it better than The Body Shop WHITE MUSK. Well, I happen to have some of their perfume oil here somewhere, so let me go find out the answer to the question right now. I'll be back in a jiffy...

I'm back. There's actually a huge difference. The Montale WHITE MUSK is smooth and creamy and clean, while The Body Shop smells somewhat sharp and soapy. I definitely prefer the Montale, and recognize now that not all synthetic musks are created--or combined--alike!

Hermesh 21 months ago
Strong powdery cloud of clean mild musk and slightly sweet flowers (ylang-ylang).
Bottle 7.5
Sillage 5.0
Longevity 7.5
Scent 6.0

Popular Montale

Black Aoud by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale Pure Gold by Montale Full Incense by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Greyland by Montale Sandflowers by Montale White Aoud by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale White Musk by Montale Roses Musk by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale Red Aoud by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale