Arabians Tonka 2019

Arabians Tonka by Montale
Arabians Tonka is a new perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Saffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Nepalese oud, Leather
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Tonka bean, Cane sugar, White musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 26.11.2020.

Luca0497
Unique fragrance with bombs durability
This fragrance is unique and smells really noble. You definitely smell a subtle rose note and a pleasant sweetness in the finish. You can't complain about the durability, it just smells the whole day without spraying. The bottle doesn't look bad but it's really cheap.
DarkWinterCS
The fleeing stallion perfumes himself
I knew that at some point the time would come, at some point the point would come when I would be told that my passion for perfume would create difficulties in my open-plan office. Although my colleagues are very steadfast and are used to a lot, this time I overdid it a bit. But the fact that it happens with this Montale Arabians Tonka surprises me a lot. Even my ombre nomad from Louis Vuitton has already provided for escape reflexes with a sprayer, but this Montale surprises me a little bit.

As I had a somewhat divided relationship with the brand during my previous experiences with it, I wanted to try the fragrances that sounded quite good to my ears and should contain notes that I otherwise find quite pleasant. These include Oud Dream, Bengal Oud and this Arabian Tonka. Especially the latter one seemed to be in great demand, because my share was filled up incredibly fast.

First of all, I can say that the fragrance does not sniff the four-legged friend that is depicted on the bottle. Otherwise you probably would have thought you had a zoologist under your nose. The flacon itself is the normal Montale standard. I find these aluminium bottles quite decorative, but they are also wonderfully suitable for sharing, because you can simply screw them on. However, the quality is generally quite low. What can you expect if you expect at least a halfway high quality fragrance for the price?

Arabian's Tonka is one of those fragrances I never had great expectations of. Since my experiences so far have been rather fluctuating, I was hoping for a very pleasing scent after all. Also the rose, which Montale likes to use very much, has always been quite annoying for me. Looking at it closely, I can say that the rose comes out less than expected, but it makes itself felt in a different way.

The fragrance is a very cuddly firework on the skin. Because it is very pleasing, flatters the nose and does not appear overly sweet. Just the beginning reminds of a Bourbon vanilla, which was slightly heated. Delicate fine aromas, sweetishly matt wood and wafer-thin rose petals. Little by little the woodiness decreases a little and the rose comes out a little more. For me as a rose hater but never in a way that would bother me.

It must be said, however, that despite its beautiful scented character, the fragrance is not an extraordinary scent. It doesn't create the associations or thoughts of a Mortal Skin, Black Gemstone or Ombre Nomade for me. Rather the feeling that we are simply dealing with a very good fragrance. One that should appeal to many, as I have not received any negative comments so far. If I had to compare it, I would think of a somewhat unsweet vanilla crescent with a rosewater wrap.

But the big fireworks will then take place in the Sillage. Admittedly, I used four sprayers in the first test, but with these sprayers I fogged a 100 square meter office up to the ceiling, so that the smoke detectors and sprinkler system thought about switching to active mode for a short time. Because in the surrounding area a turgid rose with vanilla aromas has spread, which caused a bit of gasping. I heard a bit of it myself, but not to this extreme degree. Because the durability is also extremely good, so the day with the fragrance is definitely yours.

Arabia's tonka times four and the day is yours
In any case, I have made my experiences, so I will pay attention to a lower dosage next time. Because this montal will blow you away

Popular Montale

Full Incense by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Oud Dream by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Greyland by Montale Aoud Safran by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Oudmazing by Montale