Dark Purple Black Purple 2011

Dark Purple / Black Purple by Montale
Dark Purple is a perfume by Montale for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is fruity-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPlumPlum
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouliPatchouli
GeraniumGeranium
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris
TeakwoodTeakwood
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.12.2021.

Guerlain insolence?
I really wanted to have a Montale, because very few fragrances last well and long on me. Almost as if my skin would simply eat them up? So it was mainly about the much praised durability and so I made a blind purchase. In the shortlist were DARK Purple, sensual instinct and intense Cafe.

It was then first DARK Purple (postponed is not canceled). Today the package finally arrived, I unpacked it full of great expectation, sprayed him on and thought "I know that".

A few years ago I often wore insolence by Guerlain and exactly reminds me of him this Montale.

Is not bad, I like the fragrance very much. Only I would not expect that I already know him.

Am I just crazy? No matter, for me he is the better holding insolence because sprayed on today at noon, I perceive him still more clearly.

A Weak Delina Exclusive
I was really looking forward to Dark Puple by Montale and finally my bottling arrived. At the first smell I immediately thought: "I know that scent!" At first I didn't think of it and then it came to me: Delina Exclusive!
Overall, I am a little disappointed by Dark Purple. In the prelude I smell something medicinal. Very faintly it reminds me even later on Delina exclusive, however, the Dark Purple is barely noticeable on my skin. (Although, by my standards, I sprayed quite a lot.) This irritates me a bit, since it is stated here that the fragrance has an above-average sillage. I somehow can't smell out individual fragrance notes either. I have to find out whether the fragrance is more perceptible to others around me, but since I mainly spray the fragrances for myself, Dark Purple has unfortunately failed with me.

Depends on the expectation

After I participated in a well organized sharing here in the souk, I was allowed to call a 10 ml bottle of Dark Purple my own. From Montale I only knew Pure Gold before. I found it quite good, but not spectacular.

Dark Purple, great.....I like plum scents. I don't own a perfume in that direction, but scented candles..Yankee Candle, Village Candle..I love these dark purple candles with their warm scent. Often a few spices are added. They are autumnally warm and faithful companions in the dark season.
So it was natural to participate in this sharing.
I tore open the envelope, put one or two sprayers on my arm and got a full load of rose. And dark....nee, my ass, a light pink rose. Ok, I'm not the rose type anyway...in the pyramid of scents there is also something of rose...at the back :-( and apparently the only thing missing in my bottling is the plum.
After an hour the smell became woody.... and the day came to an end. Test over, so to speak.

This morning I sprayed him again. The rose showed right back up. I was now prepared for it, the fright stayed away. Hmm, so today I still think that this perfume simply has a misleading name. Dark Purple are only allowed to call themselves AUTUMN perfumes...at least I think so.
This rose pops in with an intensity I did not expect, besides it is bright.....tag bright. Totally fine in the spring. I'm reminded of N. Rodriguez at the EdP "For Her". Of course it is there primarily about musk, the rose accompanies him. With Dark Purple it's the other way round....the rose is accompanied by musk, but in both cases it's very intense.
Well, like I said, it's getting woodier....and quieter. But the rose stays. At the base, so hours later, I sense plum. It seems very tiny and shy Meanwhile I wear the perfume 12h and am naturally delighted that I can still perceive it myself.
Hmm, what do I do with my bottling now? I put it into a dark drawer and will gladly take it out again in spring....yes, I am already looking forward to that.
5.5

Montale’s DNA with little twist
I was trying to see if I can find gourmand scent with plums notes in it. Montale outperformed himself in this fragrance. Fruits are very alluring within few minutes, it is almost like someone opened jam with plums, but patchouli kicks in so hard, leaving you with Montale’s signature DNA mixed with tiny rose notes.

Longevity lasts for 4 hours.
Silage is okay, not over powering.

I would love to hear more plums here, but it is what creator wanted, similarities are easily detected here as in other Montale’s fragrances.

Personally I will try to dig deeper in funding my own Montale’s bestseller. This one is okay-ish.
Timekeeper
Straightforwardness leads to success!
Worth knowing: The scents of Montale and Mancera should have a fragrance oil content of about 30% and would therefore be Extrait de Parfums :).

The fragrance opens strongly synthetic, as known from Montale, I personally like this unique signature of Montale. Seconds after the opening you immediately notice the plum, shortly after that the rose joins in. The plum and the rose are most strongly present. Fortunately, the rose doesn't look feminine and is not as pronounced - strong like the plum, so the perfume is also suitable for the male clientele! The whole thing is then packaged by the patchouli, fruit, wood and musk

Despite the synthetic note, the Montale fragrances are very high quality, like this one!

For me, this fragrance is successful and a great companion for the summer, it is strong but not overwhelming.
He seems fresh, clean and has that certain something - this in the fragrance slightly synthetic handwriting is in German said simply cool!

In addition, with this perfume equal rights for women and men, this fragrance is suitable for each gender, each season and each time.

I personally would not wear this fragrance in winter, I find this fragrance most beautiful on warm days -
it looks fresh, clean and does not hide :)

Durability and sillage are, as expected from Montal, outstanding, probably also due to the alleged 30% scented oil content - which is confirmed for me here! It lasts for at least 10 hours and after that it is even easy to perceive.

With this fragrance you do nothing wrong, it is well received in every situation, even during sports it can be worn and for 140 Euro 100 ml a clear buying recommendation from me.
Dark Purple by Montale is very succinct, this fragrance is very simple and plain, without great facets - but he knows how to inspire, it is not a work of art - but a great fragrance instead!
Scent Explosion
At the beginning of the year I got a sample of the fragrance from the Montale company and tried it out immediately when I went out - a complete success! my girlfriend thought it was great! at the beginning it is still very explosive and a bit pungent, but with time it gets better and better and more pleasant. in my opinion, the top note is a perfect mixture of orange and plum.Afterwards it develops a very pleasant and seductive fragrance cocktail, which is very mysterious, I feel the end of the fragrance as very woody, for me the fragrance is a complete success, because it lasts on the skin fabulous 7 hours and has a good Sillage has the price of 140 € for 100 € is also justified

Italian raspberry soda
I'm not sure what Montale was trying to achieve with this one. As much as I am generally a fan of "fruitchoulis" and of raspberry in perfumes, this doesn't quite work for me. It starts off as an orange-chouli, similar to Nicole Miller Frenzy, but less complex.

This passes after a few minutes, and it becomes predominantly about the "red fruits." This reminds me of the raspberry version of Junket Danish Dessert, a powdered pudding mix available in the US (it's based on tapioca starch rather than gelatin).

After an hour or two, it develops a fizzy/tangy quality (I would guess from the geranium). I love Italian orange and grapefruit sodas, which are closer to tasting like the real fruit than ones like Fanta or Orange Crush, but don't closely resemble fruit juice. I haven't tasted a raspberry one, but I feel confident that it would smell like this phase of Dark Purple. I love certain coffee fragrances about which others say, "I don't want to smell like I spilled coffee on myself." I can't discern a reason why I LIKE to smell like I spilled coffee on myself, for instance. But, with equal illogic, I must say that I don't enjoy spilling Italian raspberry soda on myself. So Dark Purple is not for me.

by Missmonica
by Missmonica
by MaxdiParma
by MaxdiParma

Popular Montale

Oud Dream by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Full Incense by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Arabians Tonka by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Ristretto Intense Cafe by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale