Roses Musk Eau de Parfum

Roses Musk (Eau de Parfum) by Montale
Roses Musk (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Montale for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Rose Elixir / Roses Elixir (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesRoseRose
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
MuskMusk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.07.2021.

Fresh mountain rose
You are standing on a summit at 9 o'clock in the morning, the sun is already shining, a scent of roses blows by and at the same time a fresh breeze. I assume this breeze results from the musk. The sillage and longevity are remarkable (over 6h on me), and as soon as a breeze blows in the right direction, I can perceive the perfume. My surroundings react very positively to the fragrance. I think it fits perfectly into spring because of the freshness kick. Feminine yet fresh, not a sensual sweet for the evening, no, more like a shopping date with champagne brunch early in the morning. I respect the scent, but unfortunately for me this fresh breeze is comparable to a Fisherman's friend peppermint from time to time. This duality of rose and musk smells more like a battle against each other than a union in unison to me. In conclusion, I recommend this perfume for all those who do not love the sugary sweet rose, but a fresh adult rose.
Rose Bomb
For me, a simple, but at the same time wonderful fragrance. For all rose lovers who have nothing against a synthetic note, an absolutely safe blind purchase. Like all Montale also has this a super durability. To this day I am unsure if my bottling will be followed by a bottle. Because to me, it has great similarities to Intense Cafe by Montale. Roses Musk, however, is less sweet and more suitable for the warm months, which is probably why a bottle will eventually make it into my collection
Rose Lovers
Rose lovers.
Gentle, romantic, so natural. When I first tested and tried to imagine what the rose reminds me of, my first association was innocence. This is how I experience it, a young, harmless rose, with no surprises. Not boring at all. This rose seems unaware of how enchanting it is, so it is even more beautiful and precious in its simplicity. Not seductive at all, but it will seduce you without effort. While wearing it, I imagine a pink rose garden, morning and mild sun, in early summer ...
Mina33
"And from every rooftop, sparrows sing symphonies....
...flowers shall turn their heads towards thee on the balconies"

After Arabians Tonka, from which I was very enthusiastic, I had to test of course other fragrances from this house. A fragrance as hyped as Roses Musk therefore made my curiosity rise, so I ordered a sample directly from the manufacturer.

The scent starts with a strong synthetic rose, but it still smells very real. It's one of those lush big pink roses in the summer that I love and you can always smell it from a distance. In the heart notes, it's very linear and continues to be pure rose until it's muted a bit by the musk in the base without becoming powdery. The typical Montale DNA is present and the scent barely changes, but I didn't expect that given the fragrance notes. A solidly made almost monothematic rose fragrance, in which jasmine and amber go down.

The durability on my skin are 10 hours, the sillage is solid and initially circa arm's length, later he lets up a bit but is the entire 10 hours he is perceptible to me every now and then and pleases my nose. I find it very feminine and great for spring and summer. I also find it very suitable for everyday wear. To go out he would be a little too banal for me, I think.

This fragrance makes me cheerful, puts a smile on my face, gives me lightheartedness and a feeling of femininity. Although he has no innovative course, is also not very creative, almost unimaginative, I like him and the feeling he gives me. Moreover, I find the rose note very stunning. If you like intense, non-soapy summery rose, you might be happy with this. I will probably purchase a bottle and compete with the roses where I live in the summer. Let's see who then which heads where inclined ;-)
Connie
Flanker by Intense Café... It doesn't get much more synthetic than this...
A flanker of Intense Cafe and Roses Vanilla by Mancera.... Innovation is missing... Again, a super synthetic almost plastic-like mixture...

Funnily enough, these 3 scents smell almost identical to me.... Roses Musk has no coffee note in the fragrance pyramid but I smell with certainty also in this fragrance a lot of coffee...Honestly, I have all 3 fragrances here as a tester and I have all 3 fragrances sprayed on a handkerchief and I smell as good as zero difference.... My husband thought I was kidding because he smells absolutely no difference... Roses Musk has, but only because I know it's a different scent, maybe a bit of freshness in the background and is not as deep and "dense" as Intense Café, but that's about it... Otherwise for my nose a twin as it stands in the book..

The difference is in my opinion only in the H+S. Here Roses Musk is weaker than the other two fragrances. So if you like the scent, you can in my opinion just as well get the Intense Café, the scents smell 99% the same, Intense Café has only a better H+S..

The flacon I find horrible. The looks cheap and goes strongly in the direction of Barbiegirl...

The name of the rose...
Smell of rose and rose for sure yes... Also the musky aura seems to blend with rose perfectly!
Minimum powder/talc!
I am still looking for the other flowers!
I remain at the beautiful smell of rose that stays for hours!
Angelina90
Oh oh...I think Rose's muscle is just adorable...
...I can see right now that Rose's Musk of Montale doesn't come off so well here...I'm almost a little afraid to leave my comment on this scent here... So please don't be too angry with me in the comments :)

Rose's Musk was my entry-level fragrance from the house of Montale...luckily! Because if I had started with an Oud scent, it might have deterred me from testing other scents! :) Well, it was fate!
Today I am even a fan of good oud fragrances (or as Montale calls it: "Aoud") ;) But that's another story...

Roses Musk...Roses Musk is the reason for my love for Montale...as I said before, this was my first fragrance from Montale, which aroused my interest in the manufacturer! Meanwhile I have some Montales on my shelf ....hihi
Roses Musk is a very wearable fragrance, which in my opinion looks very sexy without being too intrusive. I smell like the name says, ROSE and MUSK! You have to like musk on the spot, otherwise the scent is not for you :) I like the combination and think it is so well implemented that it can be worn in summer as well as in winter! There is always an elegance that puts a special veil around you...even if the fragrance doesn't have an extreme scent, I still find it remarkable...as if it speaks from my soul...very funny this feeling :) !!!
This rose-musk scent can even give you more self-confidence! At least for me it is :) Not every Montale can do it ;)
If I were to describe a woman wearing this fragrance, I would describe her very elegantly dressed, with high heels and red lipstick! She's just getting into a Bentley, which picks her up and takes her to the office...she has a Chanel bag in her hand and is on her way to Cartier, because there she's employed in higher management... ;)

The durability is above average for me, the Sillage actually also! If I apply the scent on my clothes or on my hair, I can even smell it the next day....has been confirmed by my friend several times ;) Then comes a sentence like " do you wear Montale again?"

He is definitely worth a test and I think he is not one of the high runners at Montale for nothing :) Of course this is always a matter of taste...but I am glad that I discovered him ;)

Greetings
A Montale fan

FioreMarina
Sleeping Beauty, go back to sleep!
A rose is a rose is... uh...
What else could I write here to avoid making the shortest comment in the history of the forum? Actually, I've already said almost everything: The fragrance delivers nothing more and nothing less than what is described in its name: first and foremost rose.
Perhaps I should say that I was pleasantly surprised by this rose, because it is a rather unpretentious, fresh, clean and also unsweet member of the family, which reminds me of the hedge roses in the Marzoller Freibad that I loved so much. So I am delighted and excited about what is still to come.
Only there's nothing more to come.
Not quite true: Actually, the musky note appears quite soon, as if it were hurrying to give the whole thing some weight and meaning. Ah, musk! I love musk This one is also... lovely... fluffy... flushed... safe... goodness gracious! I wait, sniffing around on my wrist, keep waiting, waiting in vain for the jasmine, who might give the whole thing a you-be-yet-a-dirty-little-bitch-note. Or maybe a bit of depth, at least a hint of the smell of decay, in short, on some edge, a surprise that catapults me out of this violin heaven. And it stays off.
Is that great perfumery, then?
As I continue to sniff in frustration, I have to think of the fairy tale of the emperor's new clothes, where behind much pomp and marketing is nothing but hot air and a friendly elderly gentleman strutting naked through the streets. But the Andersen fairy tale has at least a punch line and a tangible scandal, two things you hope for in vain with this fragrance.
For me he looks like a freshly washed, rosy cheerleader skirt: very pretty, very boring.
For all those who still want to have the rose-musk experience, I recommend the following hack: Simply plunder the hedge rose bush around the corner, let the petals soak in nutmeg-grape juice overnight, the next day with apple juice spritzer, or, for the savoir-vivres among us: fill it up with champagne and enjoy it with your feet in the pool, so that there is not too much heat. Then you have Rose's Musk in sparkling and cheaper, at least if you don't choose the champagne variant PS. The sillage of the perfume is kept discreet, which doesn't bother: who likes to walk around as a rose bomb?
The durability corresponds approximately to a normal cheerleader school day with subsequent Hupfdihudl training.
But I don't go to school anymore. Cheerleader's never been mine. And today is Sunday. I think I'm going to go find some real perfume.

Sharp, manly rose
I'm with Sherapop, the musk in this must be ambroxan. There are roses for sure, but it also has that weird, sharp metallic tang that I get from Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume. I don't like it. It reads as masculine to my nose, and makes my brain respond with "Not safe! Flee the area!" It provokes in me a fight-or-flight response. Too bad I sprayed it in my hair; now it will be my close companion all day.

I do like the rose part of it. But it's similar to the Juliette Has A Gun rose scents and also very linear. I find I prefer Stella McCartney's Stella for my rose fix. If you're a man and you're looking to add a manly rose scent to your repertoire, Roses Musk must make the short list.

Miaw2
Not only roses and musk...
It's not only roses and musk... it does have a great jasmine note and vanilla.

Sweet and bright roses with a great animalic note.

Not so heavy neither ethereal.

Better for women, but it's unisex in my opinion

It's like a watered down version of Mancera Roses Vanille.

Reminds me of JHAG Lady Vengeance.

Sillage, lasting power and projection are great.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
5.5
A very intense rose note made deepier by the musk. Strong sillage and good longevity, but nothing so special for its very high price
Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
I concur 100% with Sherapop's review: It's a very masculine rose with some Ambroxan mixed in. It's sharp & metallic and tickles my nose.

by Angelina90
by Florblanca
by Fran
by Fran

Popular Montale

Full Incense by Montale Intense Cafe by Montale Red Vetiver / Red Vetyver by Montale Intense So Iris by Montale Blue Amber by Montale Oud Dream by Montale Vetiver Patchouli by Montale Sensual Instinct by Montale Arabians Tonka by Montale Black Aoud by Montale Oud Tobacco by Montale Chocolate Greedy by Montale Patchouli Leaves by Montale Aoud Musk by Montale Vanille Absolu by Montale Dark Aoud by Montale Soleil de Capri by Montale Aoud Melody by Montale Ristretto Intense Cafe by Montale Oudmazing by Montale