Roses Musk (Eau de Parfum) by Montale

Bcars10
21.12.2017 - 04:42 PM
Helpful Review

Sharp, manly rose

I'm with Sherapop, the musk in this must be ambroxan. There are roses for sure, but it also has that weird, sharp metallic tang that I get from Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume. I don't like it. It reads as masculine to my nose, and makes my brain respond with "Not safe! Flee the area!" It provokes in me a fight-or-flight response. Too bad I sprayed it in my hair; now it will be my close companion all day.

I do like the rose part of it. But it's similar to the Juliette Has A Gun rose scents and also very linear. I find I prefer Stella McCartney's Stella for my rose fix. If you're a man and you're looking to add a manly rose scent to your repertoire, Roses Musk must make the short list.

Latest Reviews

Bcars10Bcars10 5 years ago
Nectar Love - DKNY / Donna Karan

Nectar Love Banal and cloying
I tested this tonight in Ulta. The adorable bottle with the little bees on it really caught my eye! I should have known…bees=honey. Honey is one of my kryptonite notes, and it is majorly present in this perfume. It’s basically fruity and honey-sweet. I...

Bcars10Bcars10 5 years ago
Agent Provocateur - Agent Provocateur

Agent Provocateur A Rose Warhead
WOW! This stuff is potent. One thing I'm sure of: I'm definitely smelling a LOT of rose! And it's not really the sweet, clear rose of Stella McCartney's Stella; it is closer to my grandmother's fusty rose, unfortunately. At the top I also strangely...