Graphite 2011

Graphite by Montana
Graphite is a perfume by Montana for men and was released in 2011. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still available to purchase.

Nathalie Lorson

Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
OakmossOakmoss
BenzoinBenzoin
FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.11.2021.

MrOllium
Sharp as a neighbour's pencil
I know and have some fragrances from Nathalie Lorson and appreciate her work While looking through what she has created yet so, I came across "Graphite".
Due to the low price, I took the risk of a blind buy and was not disappointed.

The first sniff was a bit sobering...but with each new attempt I liked the fragrance better.
Meanwhile, I am very enthusiastic, but do not really know why...
Possibly know it yes some, there are fragrances in which one must sniff again and again and "Graphite" belongs for me to it.

You get a simple but massive flacon with a fancy wooden lid.

Either two versions exist or something has been changed over the years.... both in the packaging as well as the flacon labeling.
At the current price to get over.

The fragrance opens in my eyes only conditionally fresh, bergamot I do not really notice ... and then comes directly with this woody graphite note aka pencil around the corner.
For me a consistently woody and dry fragrance that is linear for my nose.
Dill and cucumber ? For me, no.
Rather "I and my wood".
Unfortunately, it's more of a Skin Scent on me, so it's not really projecting and the longevity isn't intoxicating in the eyes of the wearer.
However, I have heard that in this fragrance is a lot of "ISO E Super"...therefore, it is probably perceived by bystanders more than you.

In the end, for me, it's a feel-good scent that I like to put on in between sniffs.
The association with the freshly sharpened pencil reminds me of school.... Childhood... for me positive memories.

Balmain's Carbone revisited
A more dry, darker, woodier, kind of more austere version of Balmain's Carbone. Basically take out the subtle fruity-milky feel from Carbone, here you have Graphite. If you aren't familiar with Carbone, then well: "pencil sharpener", and that's it. Shavings, sawdust, wood chips, freshly-cut wood trunks. Nearly nothing else except for a warm ambery frame, and a gentle violet note, which is greenish, discreetly sweet and really subtle. Probably fairly pointless to own both Carbone and Graphite (as I do...), but Graphite is perfectly good as well: more than an inferior "copycat" it smells like a slightly different perspective on the same theme, worth having if you're really into this type of perfumes, or just have the chance to get both for pennies. In other words the quality and the "features" (projection, persistence, elegance, versatileness etc.) are quite the same in my opinion - except for the persistence, which is actually much better here. Solid, easy-going versatile stuff.

6,5-7/10

LemonheadsLemonheads 7 months ago
Never in my life i've got a much realistic smell of a 90's stationery shop bottled,so it is.Montana break the rules again!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
Thank God, Lorson and Montana for this smoky dark fragrance. I do like it. Smells expensive! Black dark start with semi dark sweet drydown.
ElysiumElysium 4 years ago
These are drops from Earth. They smell like pencil's carbon, though they shine like diamonds. Unexplored jewel, worth every drop! Love them.
HajuvanaHajuvana 5 years ago
If you truly love pencil shavings, you might want to try if you can handle the mentholated ketchup in the opening.

by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
Graphite von Montana

Popular Montana

Montana Parfum d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Montana Claude Montana by Montana Montana Black Edition by Montana Parfum de Peau / Montana (1986) (Eau de Toilette) by Montana Montana 80 by Montana Montana Parfum d'Elle (1990) (Eau de Toilette) by Montana Montana Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Montana Just Me by Montana Suggestion Eau Cuivrée by Montana Graphite Oud Edition by Montana Parfum de Peau (Eau de Toilette) by Montana Parfum de Peau / Montana (Parfum) by Montana Suggestion Eau d'Argent by Montana Peau Intense by Montana Suggestion Eau d'Or by Montana Parfum de Femme by Montana Montana Green (Eau de Toilette) by Montana Comore by Montana Suggestion Eau d'Or (2015) by Montana Samar by Montana