Emblem 2014

Emblem by Montblanc
Emblem is a perfume by Montblanc for men and was released in 2014. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.

Sonia Constant

Top Notes Top NotesClary sage, Cardamom, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet leaf, Cinnamon leaf
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notes, Tonka bean

Submitted by Michael, last update on 08.11.2020.

Not what I expected
Off the top, it's a fairly unique fragrance, it's light, airy and a little floral.
Then after about 2 minutes, the cinnamon makes an appearance and starts being dominant.
After it settles, it smells really similar to Invictus Aqua to my nose, but the cinnamon gives it a little backbone and makes it a bit more mature.

Not a heavy projector, but on my skin it has great longevity at least, about 8-10 hours.
Can be worn year-round, best in Spring and Summer.
Very good choice for work or school, because it's discreet and stays.

Bottom line: I'd only recommend this if you don't have Invictus Aqua yet, but you like how it smells and if you don't mind moderate performance.

This is why you shouldn't buy just for the bottle :)

Emblem
One thing must be said for the Montblanc brand: they remain true to their line, at least as far as the aesthetics of their writing instruments and watches are concerned. And even some perfume bottles can keep up with the sophisticated design. In my opinion, the emblem is definitely one of them.

What a pity that, as is often the case in the world of fragrances, the elegance of the flacons does not always match the content. Unfortunately, the emblem also belongs there.

Even if one were to believe that Montblanc's men's line would rather establish itself in the reserved office fragrance segment than appeal to the club scene, the emblem unfortunately does not go beyond mediocrity.

For higher ambitions, this eau de toilette is simply too buff and offers nothing really exciting apart from a sweet-synthetic mixture of cardamom and tonka bean. With exactly these two ingredients, it reminds me of the colossal Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme in the original version, but despite the violet leaf and clary sage, it drifts off towards the aroma of shower gel - and I find that problematic.

I think those who are financially so liquid as to sign their cheques with Montblanc fountain pens only and read their time on Montblanc watches will want and find more sophisticated fragrances for their status. And they wouldn't even have to be more expensive!

Quickly forgettable.
I received a sample of this a few months ago, I remember liking the scent but I also remember thinking that there was nothing special about it. The grapefruit was nice on the opening and it dried to a decent tonka bean and wood, but it's got ingredients in it which personally I believe have been used better in other fragrances, for example, Bleu De Chanel with the grapefruit and Armani Code with the tonka dry down.

Sorry, I'm a woman
Occasionally I'm given men's scents for testing. The most tradional modern scent I do not like. Neither do I like them for my own use, nor do I like them on men. But there are a lot of masculin scents I love and use for myself. Like "Kyoto by CdG" for instance.
So, if I'm testing a scent which I consider as a men's scent only I ask myself:
1. Do I like it at all?
2. Do I like it on men?
3. Would I want to use it myself
4. Would I be intrigued by a man who is smelling with this fragrance?
5. Would I buy it for a man?
In case of "Emblem" I would answere on all questions with a clear: No!
There is nothing much to describe. "Emblem" is a "normal" scent for men which can be smelled on every corner every shop, supermarket, office etc. every day, everywhere.
Cinnamon leaf? I do not know how it could smell, I guess somehow green. Yes, "Emblem" is smelling green too. I cannot perceive tonkabean and I do not pity that.
More explanations are not neccessairy, the pyramide is not lying and maybe on a man I would perceive even tonkabean.
Because the sillage is almost evarage and is withdrawing after about 4 hours I did not suffer since I sprayed it on my skin.
But then, very close to my skin there is appearing a sweaty, sour and cutaneous note I cannot identify which ingredient is causing it. It is not oud, not oakmoss. It is not too heavy. But I know poeple who are smelling like this. I do not like that kind of human smell. And I want to stress: This cutneous note is not caused by unhygienical body-care, it is belonging to some human beings. Also I have to admit: I do not like any fragrances with the slightest hint of cutaneous notes.
Well, if a man would use"Emblem" as perfume I would always stay away in a certain distance of him.
But maybe, if a man is using "Emblem" he would not percolate that cutaneous note I am perceiving now.

GreMuserGreMuser 4 months ago
Nice subtle scent, pleasant and inoffensive, good for its price range, much better than other "hyped" from Montblanc (yes, Individuel).
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
An Invictus or Eros ambition distracted by violet and cinnamon leaf notes. It's just a very common scent inside a preety flask.

by IanFriedrich
by IanFriedrich
by Parfummaster
by Parfummaster
Sechs lila Täler beim Mont Blanc
by TomLavender

Popular Montblanc

Explorer by Montblanc Individuel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Signature by Montblanc Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Spirit by Montblanc Legend Night by Montblanc Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Intense by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend pour Femme by Montblanc Présence d'Une Femme by Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Emblem Intense by Montblanc Lady Emblem L'Eau by Montblanc Lady Emblem by Montblanc Legend pour Femme Special Edition 2014 by Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2012 by Montblanc Femme Individuelle by Montblanc