Explorer 2019

Explorer by Montblanc
Bottle Design Mark Eisen
Explorer is a popular perfume by Montblanc for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.
Scent goes well with Sauvage (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamot, Sage, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeather, Haitian vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesIndonesian patchouli, Cocoa, Ambroxan, Akigalawood®

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 15.04.2021.

So cheap, So great, Will have
I would like to dedicate my first comment to MB Explorer. I am relatively new here but it tickles me in the fingers, because I do not quite know what to think of the whole "(Aventus) Hype".

First of all, I have absolutely no idea what Aventus smells like. Never smelled it. Many talk about how great MB Explorer is, what a good value it has and that it is quite similar to Aventus. Especially on Youtube it is praised by influencers and also here on Parfumo or Fragrantica it is very well reviewed. How much he ultimately resembles Aventus you can, provided you know both fragrances, probably better judge.

In search of a new fragrance, I stumbled in a drugstore branch for the first time about MB Explorer. I had previously browsed a bit on the Internet and knew that it should be very similar to the famous Aventus. So I sprayed it on the test strip and tested it. I can still remember exactly what I thought and that was "well, a bit fresh and smoky. That's what Aventus is supposed to smell like? That's nothing special."

Due to a small of Corona caused online shopping addiction, I had then but decided to buy the MB Explorer for Lau. So cheap, you can indulge yourself even if the first impression was not so great. Finally, he is very well rated is then argued...

Get the fragrance, sprayed on and found that my first impression has not changed. Zietr-fresh bergamot with ambroxan in the background. So runs the entire fragrance with me, from opening to end. Monotonous. Boring. About 1 hour of projection and 6 hours on the skin, that's it. On the clothes the next day no longer smellable. The flacon is übrignes quite chic, is heavy in the hand and feels valuable.

Probably I will test in the near future but times Aventus to form my own judgment. But I think this fragrance is just not me. Tastes are just different and maybe I remember next time when I make ill-considered purchases.

BM Explorer in any case is given away.
Entertaining pleasure
The fragrance starts for me fruity / fresh, it smells very clean and brings a certain masculinity with it, which I liked very much.
In the unfortunately somewhat shorter scent course änderst in my opinion also not really much. Only the Ambroxan comes a little more to the fore. After 4 hours then also only skin close to perceive.
Nevertheless, a good fragrance and the price-performance ratio is also top.
Pineapple without juice
After recommendations of all Youtuber and good reviews I went on "exploration" so to speak.
I got me a sample and off I went.
With the first spray on my arm, my nose noticed a sense of well-being. It smelled fresh and a little like pineapple, I liked what I smelled. After a 30 minute walk, I wanted to smell my arm again, but I didn't smell anything. I thought at first I had forgotten where I had sprayed the stuff because I couldn't believe it. My nose could still try so hard, the scent was gone and that after 30 minutes. I tested the scent again afterwards at Müller, but again the scent was gone after 30 minutes. With Mehreren the smell seems to adhere longer to the skin, with me it is not the case. For me, unfortunately, a disappointment, even if I like the scent quite.
Mark of Cain
Adam and Eve had two sons, the firstborn Cain and then Abel.
Abel became a shepherd, Cain a farmer.
Cain brought an offering to the Lord of fruit from his field, Abel offered the firstborn of his flock.
The Lord looked graciously on Abel's offering, but not on Cain's, the latter was incensed.
God noticed his anger and held him to moderation, but Cain invited his brother into his field and slew him there.
When God asked him about Abel, he replied that he was not his brother's keeper.
God condemned him:
Because of the shedding of blood, the earth would no longer bear him fruit, and he would be a fugitive forever.
Cain went away.....

In this case, Montblanc Explorer is the younger brother of Creed Aventus, but let's not get hung up on trivia.
First: the bottle doesn't have to hide from its brother.
I must admit it's been a while since I tested Aventus, and I hadn't made any notes or anything.
but what I do know is that Explorer comes pretty close. It may just be nuances where Aventus is "better".
The point of why the younger brother overthrows his older one here, to me, is simple:
These nuances do not justify over 200 euros surcharge..for the money you get again MORE beautiful fragrances.
Compliments magnet
As many have already written, Explorer should not necessarily be called an "Aventus clone". A certain similarity is present, but not in the direction of the smokier "Club de Nuit".

Sillage and durability are okay to good, but just right to be able to wear the fragrance in the office. Who should hope for a sauvage performance of the fragrance, however, will be disappointed. He could perform a little better in my opinion, then he would be almost perfect.

Nevertheless, I have not yet received so many compliments for any fragrance. In the office, colleagues asked me several times, what this is for a great fragrance, because they would like to buy this to their partner.
The Sufferings of a Clone
Unfortunately, the fragrance must always compare with the yet admittedly better Creed Aventus.
If I imitate a composition, I have to put up with the comparison, however.

In advance, I find that Montblanc has created here once again a great fragrance and wear it also very happy. Before I now go into more detail on the fragrance, I would like to describe but also briefly the presentation of the flacon. I own the 60ml and 30ml bottle myself and am really thrilled with the presentation and the look. In contrast to Club de Nuit Intense, where I do not like the bottle at all. Nungut, it is also finally much more about the fragrance. But also not entirely unimportant.

Me convinced Explorer, because the DNA of Aventus of course also just works very well and MB makes use of this here. All in all, a good implementation as I find, which brings its own note with and is fruity. Overall, a good price-performance ratio, if you get the fragrance in the sale at a good price.

It starts as I said more fruity than Creed.... , ... sorry. Let's leave that out. So he starts fruity fresh and the Ambroxan unfolds its effect after a few minutes. I like the slightly different blend than the original, especially in the opening, and overall it's just a great masculine scent for any occasion and season. In high heat, so over 30 degrees, I find Explorer but then a bit too violent. Then rather something lighter. Maybe the current new release "Explorer Ultra Blue". I am very curious about it and would like to test the in any case times.

After briefly skimming the text on gladly by me in the reviews left typos, I realize that I have gone much on the comparison to Aventus and less on the fragrance itself. But as the headline says.... "the woes of a clone" !
Clone or independent candidate
Often we ask ourselves the question, what is a clone or what can be called independent. Indeed, the Explorer strongly reminds of Aventus by Creed. But it is wrong to speak of a clone here, rather it is a kind of zeitgeist fragrance. All fragrances, whether it's Molescule 01 or even Sauvage by Dior, they all come in the guise of aquatic freshness. So it was clear that Montblanc was coming around the corner with their own offering, which they are launching accordingly. Unlike, say, Aventus, the Explorer is available in every standard store and the pricing is just inviting. Somewhere someone described the comparison between Porsche and Twingo, actually the comparison should be: Porsche vs Mazda RX-7. Not only are both cars that drive, but both are sports cars.

The Explorer actually has slight advantages over Aventus in daily office use. Aventus is built with such high quality that the wearer literally closes up the room with its scent. With the Explorer sillage and durability ensure that he easily lays in the room. A really good colleague. Always there, not too intrusive

Not for me
I don't own Aventus so can't comment on the similarity. The smell is good, but very weak. It projects for only about 30 mins or so. Longevity is ok, 3-4 hours as a skin scent. Overall, not happy at all.
Nothing to do with Aventus
I find the fragrance has nothing to do with Aventus.... So I have tested the 19 er batches and for Aventus I would never spend that money.
Mont Blanc Explorer is what fresh and Sauvage similar businessman fragrance, because of the Ambroxan.
When I was doing part-time promotion for some fragrancesw and I couldn't sell anything of my brands, all I had to show was Mont Blanc Explorer.
"oh ? the smells but good" was then ALWAYS to hear!
Absolutely unique and pleases just about everyone.
Top!
Office-Aventus-Sauvage-mix?
Looking for a new office fragrance, I came across Montblanc Explorer through Youtube. He was very positively reviewed on many channels and I decided to buy him blindly.
I was not disappointed, it smells masculine fresh, citrusy and a bit synthetic due to the ambroxan. He has a good sillage and the durability is above average.

Many compare it to Aventus, but I think that's an unfair comparison. They are similar mMn only in the opening, then both fragrances go in their own direction.
After the opening, Explorer reminds me of Dior Sauvage, certainly due to the strong ambroxan note.

Small tip: spray the fragrance on places where your nose has no direct contact, ie shoulders, neck or behind the ears. Otherwise, the Ambroxan can be a little annoying.

I personally like to wear it and do not regret the purchase.

Kazos07Kazos07 16 days ago
The best Creed Aventus clone on the market
JulphJulph 4 months ago
Not as classy as Aventus, but its smell is still better and far more expensive than its own price.
CarterHammCarterHamm 5 months ago
Similar to Aventus in the opening and mid. Dry down takes a turn toward the leather and leaves out the smoke. I enjoy it. Very versatile.
TorkeTorke 7 months ago
Jack of all trades of fragrances. The epitome of a dumb reach.
Bergamot and Ambroxan heavy,
Decent smell, maybe a little too body spray.
Nik604Nik604 9 months ago
I understand those who hates this juice ...of course , if you spend 300 euro for a bottle of fragrance , you will be proud - and then Explo
Arman038Arman038 1 year ago
Decent fragrance for warmer days in the office
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
Not as classy as Aventus, but much better than CDNIM. Instead of smokiness, it goes to the direction of refreshingness and spruceness.
AithanAithan 2 years ago
Did blind test with my colleagues. Some of them describe the scent as a cheap powdery perfume/deodorant.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Another clone.
AJGAJG 2 years ago
Smells like Speed Stick deodorant.
College sports locker rooms everywhere are going to reek of this stuff.

by Gothic
by MKopinec
by Golcher
by Golcher

Popular Montblanc

Individuel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Signature (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Legend Spirit by Montblanc Legend Night by Montblanc Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Intense by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend pour Femme by Montblanc Présence d'Une Femme by Montblanc Lady Emblem L'Eau by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Lady Emblem by Montblanc Emblem Intense by Montblanc Emblem by Montblanc Legend pour Femme Special Edition 2014 by Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2012 by Montblanc Femme Individuelle by Montblanc