Explorer 2019

Explorer by Montblanc
Bottle Design Mark Eisen
Explorer is a popular perfume by Montblanc for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.
Scent goes well with Sauvage (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamotItalian bergamot SageSage Pink pepperPink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeatherLeather Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesIndonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli CocoaCocoa AmbroxanAmbroxan Akigalawood®Akigalawood®

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 15.05.2022.

Demetera
The best ladies reactions ever.
Well I blingbought this one - just because the 30mil bottle looks soo damn good. As a first impression the fragrance is ookay-ish, but nothing special. It smells a little bit similar to the Dior Sauvage but its much more fruity, much less sharp - lets call it Ambroxan triangle: The [sharp Sauvage], the [creamy LunaRossaCarbon] and the [fruity Explorer].

So as a first impression lets call it nothing special, its a versatile ambroxan-based fragrance.
What about the longetivity? Its pretty bad, lets face it: 30 min normal and 2 hour time as a skin scent, and its gone, so its longetivity is really poor, but the 30mil fits well in the pocket, so I think Montblanc is prepared the bottle format for re-spraying.

Allright, and why am I writing a review if the smell is "nothing special" and the longetivity is pretty bad? Because of two reasons: the reactions and how the scent changes with temperature.

The most of the fragrances smells suffocating in hot weather or disappears in cold weather - there is only 1-2 parfumes are useable in hot and cold weather - but Montblanc Explorer is one of them, because its smell changes with the temperature.

But the biggest reason to talk about this fragrance is the reactions: well I used some mainstream hits before: Dior Sauvage, Prada LR Carbon, Bleu De Chanel, Bvlgari Aqva Marine, Jimmy Choo Man Ice, Tom Ford Noir, D&G The One, Zadig&Voltaire This is Him!, D&G Light Blue, YSL Y, YSL La Nuit, YSL L'Homme, and so on, but I have never, NEVER received so many positive feedbacks on a single fragrance like this, and especially from women.

It's ok for the price
As pointed out by other reviews here, Explorer isn't exactly a performer... The scent is pleasant enough, but I am probably a bit of a snob since Explorer gave me a headache after not too long of wearing.

One of the issues is since longevity is so bad, two sprays are far from enough so you'll spray at least five times. Sadly it makes it just smell more, not longer. The synthetic lime of Explorer becomes quite clear as more you spray, and something about this synthetic bergamot gave me headaches. That's why I sold it to a friend in less than a week.

That being said, Explorer can be worth it if you like the scent and don't care too much about longevity as it's quite cheap.

Also, of course Explorer has been compared to Aventus since their DNAs are in the same street. That's how I first heard of Explorer. But let me tell you that it's a long street with many houses in between. It's 70% similar at most, and you won't get that smooth perfection of pineapple bergamot with smokey birch.
You would have Aventus if you combined Explorer with Layton Exclusif. Instead, you get strong peppery bergamot, which is quite synthetic and can cause headaches as it did to me. So it sadly isn't Aventus for one-tenth of the price, but if you've tested it and like what you smell, go for it!
Good fresh Cheapie - like an offshoot of Dior Sauvage
Montblanc releases are a sure thing. Good quality for little money. I am a fan of the Legend Spirit: A better and fruity version of One Million. Explorer is another well done release and mEn a weaker version of Dior Sauvage.

Citrusy opening, then lots of ambroxan. Some pepper. There's not much more to say really.... There are immediately Sauvage associations awake. Unfortunately, the fragrance does not last as long as Sauvage. Good 3h, more discreet sillage. I like to use around sports and in everyday life on warm days. Price / performance as always with Montblanc top. The explorer does not tick and is suitable for any age group U40
Ferrari with 60 hp
It's just that DNA. I know it. Even though I may never have owned it myself, I've smelled it many times and I like it. I want it!

Mont Blanc Explorer has them!
At least a taste of it. And that's my problem!

Imagine it's a hot summer day and you're sitting in a restaurant in front of a really great pizza, with garlic of course. Then it comes, the thirst, the demand and the desire for an ice cold drink. Waiter, a coke please. And it comes. The best drink you've ever had, you think. But then comes the hitch: It's only 0.2 litres. Three sips and the bottle is empty.

What remains is the desire for more.

And exactly that describes Explorer for me best.

My daughter has a huge fun during my perfumery forays to spray different scents on paper strips and hold in front of my nose. And she did just that with Explorer. I actually never had the fragrance on the screen and smelled completely unprejudiced on the strip.
--> Boom!
That's exactly it, this great DNA, which I'm looking for! Blind purchase!

At home the next day the first real test:

Applied and purely in the fresh opener, which evaporates after a few minutes and reveals exactly what I expect: the scent of the big brother, whose name we do not have to name.
I keep smelling the back of my hand, delighted. But also longing for more.... For a higher dose. And this feeling remains. There remains a permanent desire for a more intense experience of what Mont Blanc Explorer promises me.

After +- 3 hours it is over. I myself no longer smell it on my skin. The clothes stores him a little longer, but for an EDP mmn. too little.
Too bad. The Explorer could have experienced great adventures with me. Even to the signature... But for me, unfortunately, he is too little of everything. Great fragrance, terrific bottle, priced fairly, lousy sillage and meise durability.

Is that all bad?
Not necessarily.

Explorer is a terrific gym fragrance. Who wants to smell just spontaneously for a limited time good, but not too intrusive, is best served here. Just to the meeting and in the evening maybe want another fragrance? Explorer!
Just for someone who wants this special DNA, but in a measured way.

Who wants more like me, which reaches for Club de nuit intense EDT. The is namely exactly what I would have wanted from the Explorer.

It's aight.
I came across him not to long ago when I was looking for a new scent when I was about to run out of my beloved Bleu de Chanel Parfum. It opens with a sharp bergamot which for some could be a bit synthetic but in my most humble opinion it's prob the best part of this fragrance. The mid is also very lovely, as it settles it turns into a woody/ aromatic scent which is also very clean. About and hour into the drydown it transitions into and ambroxan bomb which I can no longer detect any nuances whatsoever, just a screeching ambroxan base that still projects and linger very well. After that point it really is nothing special. As for compliments this will get you noticed and garner compliments and to be fair my better half absolutely loves this. Value for money is very good, you can gets this for 40% at times on online discounters having said that it would be a hard pass for me at retail.The bottle presentation is very elegant in my opinion with the classic Montblanc minimalism. All and all a pretty decent scent if looking for an all year-round scent and you don't want to break the bank.
The better inspiration
From the social media stage frequently mentioned, recommended and always named as a "clone" of the big brother from the house Creed, I could not avoid to smell him once sample.

I was quite familiar with the big brother and could never quite understand the hype around him. Sure, the Aventus has its charms ... but maybe this fragrance doesn't suit me, which is why all I could muster for it was a shoulder shrug: "Quite nice, but not for this price." Stone me for that.

I was off work, and then I like to stroll into the usual fragrance shops once in a while. And then there was the oft-mentioned Explorer on the shelf next to all the other designer fragrances at a price that should be worth testing on the skin, even for its mentions. I sprayed it on, and the opening immediately reminded me of its aforementioned role model, but more citrusy. But during the car ride home, I had that typical scent moment of having to bring the back of my hand to my nose again and again and "smell it up" - for me, that's the deciding indicator for a purchase - just that "wanting to smell it again and again" feeling versus all rationalities.

Explorer is certainly inspired, but to my mind it's not a clone, but a fragrance in its own right. It's more restrained, more subtle, more cautious. The thing I appreciate about him by a lot more, are his individual notes in the mids and drydown. Stone me a second time, but I'd prefer the Explorer to its model - regardless of longevity, price, or the like. I just like it more because it could elicit more than a shoulder shrug.

Smora
Trendy (Jordi Fernandez, Antoine Maisondieu & Olivier Pescheux, 2019)
Explorer is like a best-of compilation of trends in perfumery nowadays. It takes already known and beautiful Aventus DNA and pairs it with the molecule of the moment – Ambroxan that gives that shower gel, musky and clean vibe. Explorer opens up with sweet bergamot and this fleeting leathery notes, to my nose very similar to Zara Vibrant Leather. Like Jerome Epinette was a part of the team. While Vibrant Leather continues to follow Aventus’ footsteps, Explorer deviates a little bit and successfully introduces a note of clary sage which I really like. From now on Ambroxan takes the main play, accompanied by a light touch of pepper and some discreet synthetic woody and green patchouli aspects.
I have to admit, Explorer smells good. The scent profile is pleasing and versatile. Every occasion is a good occasion for Explorer. It is not good as Creed Aventus. I personally even prefer Zara Vibrant Leather, but somehow in my opinion is upgrade from Dior Sauvage and Dior Homme 2020. There is nothing to dislike in Explorer, except for the complete lack of originality. Does somebody with a bog collection needs it? No, but Explorer is an ideal fragrance for people who only needs one fragrance and wanted to smell good, trendy and fun. Nothing more, but nothing less. And the bottle looks great.

Rating: 6/10
Not bad!
So the fragrance is reminiscent of Creed Aventus or Club de Nuit but I still find that he has something peculiar and stands out somewhat from its clones. For me personally, he smells beginning a little more alcoholic and in the course of a synthetic kind of fresh but still fruity and light.

Personally, I smelled him the first time in Douglas and can still remember it well: was really surprised, because he smells somehow different from conventional perfume, what everyone has so in his head.

For me, a really good, inexpensive perfume! The only thing that bothers me is the somewhat weak sillage and durability. Clearly this is now also not extremely bad, but you just compare with the fragrances of the top league ;)

5.5
Beautiful Opening - Bad Course
Top note:
When I smelled this fragrance for the first time I had to immediately think of Creed - Aventus.
The opening starts very fresh fruity and is mainly dominated by bergamot. Also a touch of pineapple I was.

Course:
Unfortunately, the fragrance in the course very quickly (already after a few minutes) extremely dry and synthetic. This goes so far that I would not even begin to compare him with Aventus from then on.

Sillage and durability are with me unfortunately mediocre to poor. After 1-2 hours, the scent is only skin close to perceive.

Achillez
You smell good! Ohh yes you smell good...wow you smell really good!
Servus friends,

Yesterday my wife gave me this perfume for my birthday, I smelled it and was directly fascinated because it reminded me of Dior Sauvage something because I also have it at home I compared both and had to amazingly determine that I liked the Explorer more, since my wife has made a good choice :)
Well then this morning at 10 I had to go to the doctor to pick up my sick note for work, had to make me as always a scent on it so I decided for the Explorer. When I arrived there I had to talk of course, promptly got the first compliment from the doctor? Of course thanked and continued towards work to hand in the sick note.I go into the office and immediately the next compliments as in the headline is to be read? so much compliments I have never gotten until now. totally amazed I went home and my work colleague wrote me that the office would still smell like me ... thought Häää is the Explorer so strong because it was only really 5 sprays it is exactly 4 and a half hours passed and the scent is still very present I am from the Explorer Sowas of enthusiastically
To the durability I can say after 4 and a half hours that I still smell it and my wife confirm it just
If it holds good 7-9 hours it would be top and even if not the perfume is still worth the money

I would really recommend it to anyone, in my opinion you can wear it at any time of year and also on all occasions as well as fits any age very masculine fragrance with compliment factor!!!!

BertolucciKBertolucciK 16 days ago
Aventus shower gel, with a sweet and fresh fruity opening, slightly smoky and with a woody drydown and a hint of leather. A bit synthetic.
DemeteraDemetera 1 month ago
Mainstream fragrance - its nothing special, but with an extremely highamount of positive women reaction and cuddle. Simply wow.
Johnlamb83Johnlamb83 4 months ago
Its a no brainer and not even for the price! You Will smell really good from the oppening to the drydown.
JSamms7JSamms7 5 months ago
A lot of hype. Personally, i think it lives up to all the hype. Id say def my favorite fragrance under $100 price point. Can buy under $50. 10/10
Djsc23Djsc23 6 months ago
Great value for the price. Love the scent
JMWeedJMWeed 7 months ago
Good fresh smoky fruity scent. Of course it’s an Aventus clone, but there’s a reason so many do that. More affordable and still performs.
DaiorosDaioros 12 months ago
Aventus clone, fruity, not harsh at all, specially the opening.
In me last forever, very good use of the ambroxan.
Recommended.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 1 year ago
There are better Avenues clones on the market. I don't really like the opening and the dry down is kinda bland
Kazos07Kazos07 1 year ago
The best Creed Aventus clone on the market
JulphJulph 1 year ago
Not as classy as Aventus, but its smell is still better and far more expensive than its own price.

by Gothic
by Xn001
by Golcher
by Golcher

Popular by Montblanc

Signature (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Individuel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Spirit by Montblanc Legend Night by Montblanc Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Intense by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Legend pour Femme by Montblanc Présence d'Une Femme by Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Lady Emblem L'Eau by Montblanc Explorer Ultra Blue by Montblanc Lady Emblem by Montblanc Emblem Intense by Montblanc Emblem by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend pour Femme Special Edition 2014 by Montblanc