Explorer (2019)

Explorer by Montblanc

Explorer is a new perfume by Montblanc for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamot, Sage, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeather, Haitian vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesIndonesian patchouli, Cocoa, Ambroxan, Akigalawood®

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 01.10.2019

9.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

JamesBlond
Better than his reputation!
I must confess!
I'm with the AA's! The Anonymous Aventus Abstinenzlers.
The smell is torn mainly as Dupe and has in my opinion a worse reputation, which does not do justice to it in any way so.
The first time I sprayed him on a strip in Dutyfree and smelled NOTHING. That went mercilessly under between the other test strips in my hand and a violent Tom Ford on the back of my hand.
It should smell similar to the "can opener"?
I ordered it blind and shot the 100ml bottle for 54€.

Arrived at work and undressed I immediately noticed the super noble bottle. Metal cap on an engraved metal disc, black plastic jacket with a discreet emblem and the heavy glass bottle, there can not only be water in it.
In the break room full of colleagues 22,26,38 and 2 sprayed on my 50 years approaching my work slip, he found in all noses favor and I seemed to be the only one who thought that someone had just peeled a Pomelo.
This room-filling citrus bomb has to be endured first and keeps itself unbelievable 2 hours flattening, but nicely fresh.
I don't smell any leather at all and I missed the 2 days he spent decorating my neck at work, a masculine note in all the bitter freshness that only became noticeable after 5 to 6 hours of decay.

I was really disappointed and out of desperation whether it might be due to me, I sprayed the 2 times on the neck of my girlfriend. Someone understand the world, but he suddenly smelled completely different, clearly more masculine and less citric. Did I smell that nice for two days? I don't know, but I like it a lot more now.

He won't be my new darling. He's not a scent, or one that lifts you out of the crowd. He goes bowling or shopping with you, works and makes your in-laws realize that you're old enough to take care of your daughter without looking after other girls. The performance is middle class, but sufficient for what you probably wear it for. Who wants to draw Aventus comparisons, should once the 230 euro less into the production costs calculate, then he would probably smell on more synthetic. It may be a bad clone, but it is a good scent with which to do nothing wrong for the money. Only the long-lasting opening could deter one or the other.
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

ScentSlave
I’d never thought I’d be into a knockoff,
But this one knocked me off of my feet when I got the whiff... if you can’t tell it’s totally trying to be Aventus you’re kidding yourself, but if you aren’t tempted to shell out the cash, you aren’t human. I like the real version, but I couldn’t bring myself to spend the $$ on something so many people already have... cut that price down THIS much though? Hell yes I’m in...

Again, you can tell it wants to be creed, and as the notes pass it becomes MORE obvious, but I don’t care... I’m loving it, and I didn’t even spend HALF the cost.

Projection? Check. It’s a good 3-4ft reach for a good 2-3 hours. Sillage? Check; they will know YOU were there. Longevity? Checkmate! Easy 6-8+ hours on a 3-4 good sprays.

I’m STOKED Mont Blanc brought this beast out... it’s worth every penny
10.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Sauventus?
To anticipate one thing,

I don't think the fragrance has too much to do with Aventus. The pineapple is missing and the ambroxan is too much.
Those who want to smell Aventus should rather look around for Vibrant Leather from the fashion house Zara, with which one even gets away cheaper.

Nevertheless he starts like a "lighter" Aventus, only without the pineapple. But with a tiny hint of powder and very fresh/citric.
Then it develops into a very fresh combination of Dior Sauvage and Aventus (still without the pineapple), which I find very good in combination.
It is actually always and everywhere very good to wear, despite very strong Sillage and durability

The bottle with an imitation leatherette with the logo on top, the heavy glass and a metal plate on top, as well as the heavy metal lid definitely knows how to please.

For the price as Eau de Parfum with this strong H+S, the interesting scent combination from Aventus (where is the pineapple???) and Sauvage it is definitely a purchase recommendation on my part!
8.0 8.0 8.0 7.0/10

DerDefcon
That's a good price to pay.
It was an ordeal, it was arduous, it was exhausting. There actually seem to be more perfume-mad people out there than you can imagine. The new scent of Mont Blanc simply did not want to be tested by me. No matter where I was - Karstadt, Douglas, Galeria Kaufhof - everywhere the testers were empty. The hype of the fragrance as the Aventus clone par excellence seems to be actually going around.

Now I actually found a shop where there were still minimal remnants of the scent in the bottle. After the third time, you get to be lucky. The procedure of first using a test strip and then weighing up whether one would like to delight one's arm joint with the scent was dropped. Instead, it went immediately on the arm joint.
I was truly amazed at how well the top note succeeded here. That actually smells almost 1:1 like Aventus. Of this I am - I already wrote it in another comment - not the biggest fan. It is truly a good fragrance that always goes, but it did not tear me from my stool. He's a little angry for me and should be a little softer. Over time it gets a little softer and smoky, which I like, but I still think that this is not a fragrance for which I would put several hundred euros on the table. The Explorer is the much cheaper alternative here, but it doesn't get 100 percent close to Creed's bestseller. Why is that so?

I already wrote that the top note of my nose is almost exactly what I hear in Aventus - namely a very fruity, but also slightly sour, pungent affair, in which one hopes that a little bit will change here. While Aventus became a bit softer, but still not as I would like it to be, the Explorer remains very linear. The bergamot is omnipresent, but it still experiences a little contrast, as Vetiver uses a small amount of it and additionally gives it some freshness. The next and last big step is the Ambroxan, where I was afraid that it would be used as excessively as Dior Sauvage EdP. Fortunately, this was not the case, but nevertheless something else could have been used instead of Ambroxan to imitate the slightly smoky of Aventus. The Ambroxan unfortunately provides for a certain, if not excessive, synthetics, which doesn't bother much, but is nevertheless perceptible, which means that the Explorer doesn't reach the level of Creed. The Aventus is simply more rounded, more confident and above all - and this is the decisive factor - a little softer in the course of the fragrance - not much, but at least perceptible. Thus, Mont Blanc's new creation always has a small scratchy undernote, which narrows the overall impression somewhat. Nevertheless, one must acknowledge the really good price-performance ratio. Because compared to the price this Mont Blanc is not so much worse. It is, despite my criticism, better than many other mainstreamers (Sauvage for example). The durability is also very good when you consider that fruity scents always have a bit more to fight here. There is also nothing wrong with the perceptibility, since it projects absolutely sufficiently.
Conclusion: It does not quite come close to Creeds Cashcow, because Creeds Cashcow is trumped by increased sovereignty and roundness. If I had to choose one of the two fragrances, I wouldn't take either, because my taste wasn't 100 percent hit here. However, if I were forced to choose one of the two fragrances and if I had to spend my own money on it, I would definitely go for Explorer, because the differences in everyday life, while you concentrate on other, elementary things as well as the fragrance, are only marginal.
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Herber Spring
Actually I only wanted to write a statement, but then I ran out of characters and I wanted to get rid of one or the other.

Explorer is for me a slightly bitter spring or summer fragrance, which for a fresh fragrance has a rather above average shelf life. The fragrance itself is rather simple, but just right for my everyday work. In the beginning I smelled bergamot and later Akigalawood and Ambroxan. I don't even smell the sage or the cocoa.

Unfortunately I had to realize in the last days, when finally a little warmer was, that the Ambroxan became very penetrating and the other notes were hardly perceptible. Now Explorer would probably only wear it on cloudy days and probably ban it completely to the spare bench in summer
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

AmberScent
(Not) Exploring new paths and possibilities
My wife asked:
- You seem different tonight. Are you using Explorer?
- No, I am using Chrome! - said I.
- Chrome? Chrome Legend?
- Nope! the stuff I started to use last week instead of Explorer!
- Is there already a look alike for Explorer?
- Yes, it's lighter! I prefer it this way!
- How come Explorer has been copyed in such a short time?
- Short time? Explorer dates from 1995!
- Is that old? So it has been re-edited again?
- Uhmmm! Maybe! I supose so. Since 95 there has been several different versions of it!
- So you mean that Aventus is a look alike of Explorer?
- Aventus?
- Yes, from Creed!
- Creed doesn't make any software.... does it?
- I suppose it doesn't, but who's talking about software?
- I am, aren't you?
- No, I am talking about scents, and asking you about the new Montblanc!
- You mean the new Montblanc you bought me?
- Yes, the new one you were wondering about!
- Ahh! I don't care much for it. Explorer turns out to be a clone!
- A clone? of what? of Opera?
- Opera? What is Opera?
.....

As the nth version of an Aventus clone, Explorer does not have much to offer. It misses the pineapple opening, lacks the strenght of the smoky birch note, and gives you some unnecessary synthetic impressions. For me, those are the main different accords that distinguish Montblanc Explorer from Creed Aventus, besides performance.
As a fresh fruity EDT, it's a nice offer but a bit mainstream and not really an unique proposal. It opens fresh and peppery, more Sauvage like than Aventus like, to later propose hearthy accords of vetiver and leather, trying to mimic the smokiness of Aventus. Explorer ambroxan and akigalawood notes are also not a match for the ambergris, patchouli and moss notes used by the Creed's creation.
As a final verdict and forgetting the Aventus (average) similarity, it has an acomplished presentation, but this is also the ennesime offering of a versatile semi fresh man cologne. It has an agreeable pleasant scent that will attract some attention. Prices will come down in a near future and Explorer will join the ranks of Starwalker, Presence, Individuel and Emblem as another "not pricey but nicey" Montblanc versatile masculine scent offer.
Men pretending not to have more than a couple of perfume flasks in their wardrobe will value it highly for Fall and Spring wear. Collectors will just ignore it.

Music: Mark Knopfler - "Brothers In Arms"
9.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

The cheap Aventus for non-smokers
Mont Blanc Explorer is the first fragrance where a statement is simply too short for me.

I already had a bottle of Aventus, and was torn back and forth. Again and again this interesting fragrance came into my nose, but then again and again a smoky note that reminded me of wet ashtrays. Unfortunately, I also realized that as a former smoker, smoky fragrances simply don't suit me at all. The same applies to me with By the Fireplace or Noir Ambre.
Aventus had therefore "failed" with me. The same was also the case with Zwilingsdüften or Dupes with me the case.

But now finally to the Explorer. The similarity to Aventus is clearly given, but not completely cribbed. Especially the Ambroxan sweetness at the end is clearly different.
But I'm especially happy because the smoky Explorer has been reduced to a minimum, so that it doesn't bother my sensitive nose. What remains is this interesting note, which was also always so great with the aventus.

As well known as the DNA here is, I have never smelled it on anyone in my environment. That's why I'm really happy about the release.

With four sprayers I have a good Sillage of three to four hours. Here I also noticed that the scent in the cloud smells even better than directly on the skin.

Then the scent goes back noticeably, and lasts 6 to 8 hours, depending on the temperature. Could be better, but it's not bad either.

In my opinion, the fragrance can be worn by any man from about 25 years of age (I find it too adult for younger men). Besides to the sport it can be worn to any occasion.

I like the bottle very much and the sprayer also works fine. There's nothing to complain about.

For me Explorer for spring and summer will be my this year's leather jacket fragrance.

Conclusion :
I recommend Explorer to anyone who likes the Aventus DNA, but doesn't like the smoky like me, and instead adjourn some mainstream sweetness
7.0 9.0 9.0 8.5/10

Aventus? No.
Not quite. Let's put this into perspective. It's the nephew.
After my quite sensational comment to Aventus now one to a supposed clone. Of course I also had to buy a sample here (thanks Kitho!)- the Explorer is on everyone's lips at the moment.
I was analytical this time. Open the vaporizer. Hmm, I don't smell anything - so I had to use the kitchen roll. Paper sprayed. Uh joa he's male. Something fresh Annanassiges comes towards me and a lot of spicy/ peppery. Good, good, good. Rehearsal put aside and first made sport. I must say that I have three scents on different. I sprayed some cloths and they were all in my kitchen. While I was doing my training a small gust of wind came towards me again and again and it smelled a lot like Explorer. The other two scents didn't reach my nose at all (were Atkinson's samples). There was already a certain polarizing effect clear to me. It dominates the room or has a proper sillage. Well - showered and then I just tried it out. Sprayed - 4 whole sprays and off to the dentist. In the car, I permanently smelled myself. It wasn't unpleasant. I had a mental battle with the pineapple (I still don't like it) in combination with the male dominant undertone that comes strongly from the ambroxan (vetiver, pepper, patchouli and akigalawood). I don't notice anything about the leather.
Neija off to the ZA. The dental nurse was taken with my perfume. I have never experienced this before, but also an interesting experience....
i'm going home. Odour absorption: still smells like in the beginning ;).
Update: 9 hours later and I can still smell myself. The durability is therefore already on an extreme level.
But when I arrived home I couldn't help but put the Aventus on my right arm and the Explorer on my left arm. Direct comparison:
Aventus: not sweet, rather fresh, help the pineapple is there and there comes musk. I still don't like him :(. Too old, too heavy...
Explorer: sweeter than Aventus, fresh pineapple, the Vetiver plays stronger here and the Ambroxan does its best. It is brighter and sweeter but in the head very similar to Aventus.
It becomes clearer in the drydown. Explorer remains sweeter, fresher and has no perceptible smoke/leather note for me. There is more synthetics involved here than with Aventus. When I then look at the PLV I don't have to say much more. I will soon use Explorer as my bottle.
Test yourself - if you don't like Aventus, you might like it here.
9.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

AnjaTom
The Explorer in the Bermuda Triangle...
The king's dead, the king's dead...some bullshit!
Of course it's not true at all! Aventus remains Aventus.
Montblanc's new litter is once again a clone! Does that have to be bad? No, of course not!
In my opinion, we are in the ASB triangle in terms of odour technology.

"Aventus Sauvage Bleecker"

The start, of course the big "A." In addition I perceive a quite strong synthetic, which is not bad, though.
It oscillates in the course of time between Aventus and Sauvage, with a hint of "Bleecker-Street- Synthetik", whereby this is not the berry note meant!

The fragrance is currently available for a price of about 60€ per 100ml. That's OK!
If you are looking for a mixture of Aventus and Sauvage you are on the right track!
I think it's good, but of course it's no substitute for the Aventus or the Esencia!

Still, I think it's good! High quality bottle, fragrance good and by no means annoying!
9.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

DermüdeJoe
Similar to the original and yet own
So, then I'll try my first comment.

I already have three Montblanc fragrances (Legend, Legend Spirit and Individuel) in my collection, the last two of which were blind purchases. I do however like all three.
A few weeks ago I discovered an advertisement for the new Explorer. I looked at it on the Internet and what fragrances it consists of. My curiosity was aroused and I ordered it in a nutshell.
When he arrived, I immediately liked the bottle. Of course, there are more beautiful and higher quality ones, but the makers at Montblanc have really succeeded.
But let's get to the scent itself.
From the beginning it smells very much in the direction of Aventus, which becomes even stronger after a certain time. Towards the end, however, he still gets his very own scent, which sets him apart from Aventus again. Which is very pleasant and likeable, as it is not only a dupe scent, but also has something of its own. As Dupe itself I find very successful, if not one of the best, even if without the smoky note, which does not necessarily have to be.
The durability and the Sillage are very solid. With me the scent held its 7-8 hours.
Price/performance technical top.
In my opinion a great new fragrance from Montblanc
9.0 7.0 9.0 7.0/10

Ambroxan Aventus
I was allowed to test the new scent of Montblanc - Explorer - now on Saturday; the name promised a lot, the presentation, the flacon pleases and the sugar-sweet smile of the turquoise Mademoiselle, who praised the scent in highest tones promised a lot - so scent on the wrist and off we go; The handkerchief is a handkerchief, like Sauvage from Dior's ambroxan overdose, which unfortunately overshadows and kills the whole fragrance and remains pungent in the nose; otherwise the Explorer starts citrical and slightly spicy and is later a 1st class overdose:1 copy of the here much praised Aventus by Creed, although not so round, but this is probably owed to the Ambroxan - I'm happy for young people who don't (yet) want to spend as much money on a fragrance as in the price segment of Aventus, they have here a perfect fragrance twin that serves the mainstream and has what it takes to become a real hit; for me personally unfortunately the wrong direction, because I'm not sooo a big Aventus fan either
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

MajorTom
Mass or class, mainstream or niche?
One thing you have to let the Montblanc people do: when they do something, they do it properly. I am inclined to say, and quite with a tendency towards perfection.

This starts with the writing instruments, which are not only visually powerful, but also top notch in their craftsmanship. When I first came into contact with the brand's watches, I was more than sceptical. And I quickly learned better, after I was allowed to look over the shoulder of a watchmaker from the Swiss canton of Jura while inserting the spring. Manufacture instead of Eta factory, great craftsmanship as with the feathers of the fountain pens, so here too no spilling but pads. And then the first scents. Here, too, I was initially more on the track of "a strong brand that now wants to pull the last cent out of the consumer's pocket". But: Already the "Legend" I found convincing (and therefore also finding place with me at home), accordingly I was strained on the "Explorer".

The explorer starts off somewhat impetuously, the bergamot then quickly makes room for a fine mixture of leather and vetiver. Yes, and then Ambroxan spreads and he spreads a lot of it. You can like it or not, I like it, in the combination with Patchouli I find the dry down simply well done.

Many people say that all this is synthetic and therefore of low quality. Of course, today Ambroxan is fully synthetic (and can be of quite appealing quality, depending on the synthesis path chosen). And finally, perfumes are the products of experts in the laboratories of Givaudan, Firmenich, IFF... anyone who has ever been able to watch a chemist at work at these producers will wonder what we spray ourselves with every day and what kind of food we bring into our bodies.

But to get back to Explorer, it's not the cheap, inferior effusions from any reactor that give so many shower gels any odor, but rather, typical of the brand, a certain minimum quality requirement. This can be seen, for example, in my above-average shelf life and a Sillage with which you can tell your environment, hello, I have a new fragrance. Optics and haptics of the bottle simple, noble and 100% brand authentic.

My conclusion: Another successful excursion from Montblanc into the world of perfumes. In my opinion, prices and quality are exactly in the middle between niche and mainstream. A fragrance for every day, for every time of day, for every occasion. That's quite a lot. And typically customer-friendly, see above (the Montblanc people do it properly), they have also thought of a Travel Spray (30ml), which has also found its way directly into my on-board trolley.

Typically Montblanc simply really good.
8.0 8.0 8.0 5.0/10

Bakerscookie
Aventus without smoke, but with Ambroxan... a bumpy experience.
A little Rant: I don't understand why they at Montblanc decided on such a marketing move. Everything went really well, didn't it? Legend Spirit and Individual are, if we disregard the flacons, quite good fragrances in the designer sector. So how does Montblanc get to copy Creed Aventus? I don't get it.

The fragrance itself is, as mentioned several times in the other comments, a kind of mixture of Aventus and Sauvage... at least in the drydown. To be fair, I have to admit that in the first 90 minutes Aventus is hardly present and the parallels only show up later. It's as if I had a more fruity version of Aventus in front of me, where Ambergris was swapped for Abroxan and the smoke was missing or the woods were shut down. Explorer starts fresh and spicy with a fat dose of Ambroxan, then after a while he moves more and more towards Aventus. Except for the fat dose of Ambroxan, which remains for a very long time.

For me, a lot of things don't add up. Aventus is so much finer and more balanced, more transparent and complex and so beautifully LIGHTLY simple. This one's never gonna get to me in my life. It looks simply synthetic and cheap, the Ambroxan does not fit and is too present. Explorer is only worth a blind buy if the fragrance is at some point in the same price segment as Legend or Individual. I hope that I get rid of the reasonably stable value again... :-D
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Leporello
The art of the copyist ..
or if you are not in the mood for a doctoral thesis.

Admittedly the title may sound a bit lurid, but I think it's a good idea to write a commentary from the perspective of a person who hasn't yet smelled Aventus from Creed or the Vibrant Leather mentioned here. I presume to be able to describe the latest fragrance from Montblanc without previous knowledge. But first I would like to explain why and why Aventus, so highly praised here and praised as the grail of contemporary perfumery, has not yet come under my nose. There are quite simple reasons for that, I want my humanly completely comprehensible reasons. First of all, I don't like and can't understand that a fragrance, namely the highly praised Aventus, can only be enjoyed with full senses if one has tested and informed oneself beforehand of a doctoral thesis through supposedly better or worse "batches" and secondly, the price is clearly too high for me. This means that as a consumer I can and may assume that I can buy a fragrance without previous, month-long and intensive research. But now to the actual theme of the new fragrance from Montblanc. Here, too, I had to overcome a hurdle, because I have never tested or bought a fragrance from the same house. For me, Montblanc is above all an excellent manufacturer of wonderful writing instruments and less a house for exquisite perfume creations. You don't buy a concert grand from Yamaha if you value good sound, but go directly to Boesendorfer and Co. if you want quality.

I became aware of Explorer at the beginning of the week after my small owner-managed perfumery advertised it in its premises with a large vertebra (measured by our rural, rather austere and simple nature). Curiosity is now known to be the beginning of all vices and so of course I had to try a test, because I already liked the outfit quite well once. In addition, I still had a voucher from Christmas and I courageously decided to buy Explorer after the first favor. Today I have not regretted this, because the feedback is all positive, but rather, I like to smell myself when I wear Explorer. How does the Explorer smell now? Well, after the application, a rather fresh lemon combined with pink pepper is present, which of course reminds of a classic shower gel smell. However, this combination does not look synthetic or pungent, but surprisingly natural, a bit like having the oil of fully ripe lemons combined with some pink pepper and sugar on your skin. Nothing spectacular, but extremely pleasant and refreshing. Only after a good hour do I notice how a warm and very natural leather smell, together with notes of fresh pineapple that is not yet ready to eat, mixes with the top note. Fruity and slightly warm leather is the best choice. As if one had dared to peel a pineapple in a luxury interior lined with the finest leather.

But this combination, or rather this mixture, would be too boring for me in the long run, if not after some time, I would think after about three hours a very pleasant "smoke note" would be added. Here it starts to get exciting, because I can't put into words what this "smoke note" reminds me of. Here we are too far away from peasant incense or the dubious charm of a cold ashtray, so this smoke must be due to a synthetic note which I do not know.
After said four hours you have a very pleasant mixture of smoke, pineapple, leather and shower gel freshness on your skin, which smells surprisingly high-quality and pleasant. In addition, the shelf life and Sillage is excellent, which means that I can still perceive the fragrance even after more than twelve hours in an environmentally appropriate dose. Now it doesn't matter whether Explorer is the work of copyists or not, because I simply enjoy wearing Explorer, I like to smell the scent on me. If these scents, described by me, are the reason why Aventus experiences such a hype, then I may be able to understand this up to a certain point. What I can't understand is how one can spend a lot of money and free time to deal exclusively with a scent and its "batch-being", which comes close to a witches' Sabbath. In short, Montblanc offers here for a fair course a great, male and apparently very pleasant (according to feedback from my environment) fragrance, which does not need to hide and will certainly soon be on everyone's lips. Mainstream does not always have to be bad, because individuality at any price is also not desirable.
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Archie34
“Montblanc Explorer” the clone, the myth, the legend?
Call montblanc explorer whatever you want but this is my two cents. I received a sample of the juice luckily before it’s release and used it for some time now. I’ve tried heavy sprays, light sprays and everything in between and this fragrance performs nicely, right where I want it to be and of course that’s on my personal skin. My first impression of this slightly smoky wave of aventus made me think of a man like Beowulf, someone back in the older days that is a warrior but some part of it is very modern too like I hate to say it on here,.. Sauvage. I’m not sure if I’d say this a mix between creed aventus and sauvage because it’s not, but the very peppery feel I get from this is mixed also with the ambroxan to create this sausage-esque comparison that many would say is main stream to some extent because of dior’s Sauvage. This pepper and ambroxan when sprayed lightly on my clothing changed into a smell that sort of resembled a candle and is something that I’m not rather a fan of, but when left on skin with a few sprays (meaning 3) as we all should wear this mixture creates a lovely aroma that slightly resembles pineapples in the top note. Having all that said I must say a solid release this fragrance is a solid release from this house and although people give this frangrance backlash for smelling like a bottom pick aventus (considering all the other great clones out), this is a addition to Macy’s and more maintstream retailers for their own feel for aventus and have something new-smelling unalike from all the scents at stores like Macy’s. Let’s be honest, Montblanc is showing that this Creed Aventus the community speaks of is merely an overpriced exclusive, that all the ingredients within Creed can be replicated with rarely even using any of the same notes! I respect this aventus clone the most for that fact and I encourage perfumers from all over the world to create. I respect Creed Aventus more nonetheless because of its completeness, quality, and heritage but Montblanc merely opened the door for a glimpse at this masterpiece of a niche fragrance.
8.0 7.0 6.0 6.5/10

Vladiii
Creed Aventus, Dior Sauvage or Zara Vibrant Leather?
It's just been a day since I saved myself a Creed Aventus sample. Yesterday I was in Düsseldorf and was allowed to take Montblanc Explorer for a ridiculous price to compare it with my other clones.

The surprise, he smells like a copy of a copy. According to my nose, it smells like Vibrant Leather from Zara! If you want to take it very seriously (Sauvage + Vibrant Leather + some smoke)

If you are looking for a copy of Aventus, I recommend Club de Nuit or Rasasi pour Lui Zebra. This fragrance resembles Aventus but is rather a copy of a copy which, by the way, does not smell bad
8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

The king is death.
That's it.
Past.
Invalid.

What's been bothering me for some time is now a fact. Aventus is mainstream and on the way to achieving a similar fate as so many have done before.

For years I had fallen into the 90s JPG Le Male. When the wear was foreseeable, I was again able to satisfy my urge for individuality with Allure Homme Sports for years. And with Dior Homme Intense I had grown together, it was my signature.

Aventus was my entry into the niche, it had everything I was looking for: strong performance, individual DNA and a fragrance that always fits.

Since I got Montblanc Explorer for free, I know that it's over. Anyone can buy Aventus now. And we will. My search starts all over again...

Explorer is from the beginning Aventus, with a little more citrus and synthetics.
But the durability and some more leather make it almost more interesting than the original.
I keep testing it because I still like the composition. Only pride and feeling will be different in the future.

Bye, King, had a great time with you...
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

No Microsoft Explorer !
My buddy said to me the other day, "Smell me, what do you think?" And I'm like, "You finally bought yourself the Aventus?" And he says, "I'm not such a victim as you, and I spend 180€ on a scent!" Long story short. It is the Explorer of Montblanc as it revealed to me afterwards. I was amazed because at that moment I really smelled the Creed. I tried it yesterday at the store. So I sprayed on my wrist and waited. In the beginning I had a strong association with Diors Sauvage and I thought that it was more of a Sauvage clone, also because of the bottle. But no. After about 10 minutes, after the top note calmed down, I smelled it again. I do. If I hadn't known, I'd say this is the Aventus. Pineapple or no pineapple!

Montblanc was already a term to me from myself I only own ballpoint pens from this brand. I was very surprised about the Explorer, because you simply don't expect it from it. One expects rather such a Micrososft Explorer. which one knows however not really uses. The price does not belong to the low price sector either. I got the 60ml EdP for about 60€. So per ml 1€. These are prices I would have wished for for Aventus as well, since he is now also on the shelves of some mainstream perfumeries.

I've only had it since yesterday but the durability seems to me to be pretty good. Sprayed on my wrist yesterday at 7:00, I could still smell it at 6:00 in the morning. And even when I was briefly on the way and the wind went through, I could even perceive it myself.

On the whole I am very satisfied with the purchase. Of course now you can think what you want of scents but I don't think the prices for the Original Creed are justified, no matter how great they are. It's the same as with Apple products. EVERYONE knows how cheap production is.

Conclusion: Everyone who would like to have a cheap Aventus, should access here. I myself am glad that there is finally an alternative on the mainstream shelves. Because basically we are all here in the community mainstream, whether some want it true or not :)

LG

Aithan 69 days ago
Did blind test with my colleagues. Some of them describe the scent as a cheap powdery perfume/deodorant.
JoaoMartins 95 days ago
Another clone.
4.0
AJG 175 days ago
Smells like Speed Stick deodorant.
College sports locker rooms everywhere are going to reek of this stuff.+1
AmberScent 8 months ago
This is the ennesima offer of a versatile & freshy Aventus type man cologne. However it has an acceptable scent that will attract attention.+4
Carlitos01 8 months ago
Recently I bought an Aventus top clone while looking for a freshie: Shawq by Swiss Arabian.
I am not repeating the mistake with Explorer.+2

by Flanker
by Flanker
by Lanto
by Lanto
by Morrissey
by Morrissey

Popular Montblanc

Individuel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Explorer by Montblanc Legend Spirit by Montblanc Legend Intense by Montblanc Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Night by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc by Montblanc Emblem by Montblanc Legend pour Femme by Montblanc Présence d'Une Femme by Montblanc Femme Individuelle by Montblanc Emblem Intense by Montblanc Lady Emblem by Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Lady Emblem L'Eau by Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2012 by Montblanc Femme Individuelle Special Edition Soul & Senses by Montblanc Legend pour Femme Special Edition 2014 by Montblanc