Explorer 2019

Explorer by Montblanc
Bottle Design Mark Eisen
Explorer is a popular perfume by Montblanc for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.
Scent goes well with Sauvage (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamotItalian bergamot
Base Notes Base NotesIndonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli
CocoaCocoa
AmbroxanAmbroxan
Akigalawood®Akigalawood®

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 12.10.2021.

The better inspiration
From the social media stage frequently mentioned, recommended and always named as a "clone" of the big brother from the house Creed, I could not avoid to smell him once sample.

I was quite familiar with the big brother and could never quite understand the hype around him. Sure, the Aventus has its charms ... but maybe this fragrance doesn't suit me, which is why all I could muster for it was a shoulder shrug: "Quite nice, but not for this price." Stone me for that.

I was off work, and then I like to stroll into the usual fragrance shops once in a while. And then there was the oft-mentioned Explorer on the shelf next to all the other designer fragrances at a price that should be worth testing on the skin, even for its mentions. I sprayed it on, and the opening immediately reminded me of its aforementioned role model, but more citrusy. But during the car ride home, I had that typical scent moment of having to bring the back of my hand to my nose again and again and "smell it up" - for me, that's the deciding indicator for a purchase - just that "wanting to smell it again and again" feeling versus all rationalities.

Explorer is certainly inspired, but to my mind it's not a clone, but a fragrance in its own right. It's more restrained, more subtle, more cautious. The thing I appreciate about him by a lot more, are his individual notes in the mids and drydown. Stone me a second time, but I'd prefer the Explorer to its model - regardless of longevity, price, or the like. I just like it more because it could elicit more than a shoulder shrug.

Smora
Trendy (Jordi Fernandez, Antoine Maisondieu & Olivier Pescheux, 2019)
Explorer is like a best-of compilation of trends in perfumery nowadays. It takes already known and beautiful Aventus DNA and pairs it with the molecule of the moment – Ambroxan that gives that shower gel, musky and clean vibe. Explorer opens up with sweet bergamot and this fleeting leathery notes, to my nose very similar to Zara Vibrant Leather. Like Jerome Epinette was a part of the team. While Vibrant Leather continues to follow Aventus’ footsteps, Explorer deviates a little bit and successfully introduces a note of clary sage which I really like. From now on Ambroxan takes the main play, accompanied by a light touch of pepper and some discreet synthetic woody and green patchouli aspects.
I have to admit, Explorer smells good. The scent profile is pleasing and versatile. Every occasion is a good occasion for Explorer. It is not good as Creed Aventus. I personally even prefer Zara Vibrant Leather, but somehow in my opinion is upgrade from Dior Sauvage and Dior Homme 2020. There is nothing to dislike in Explorer, except for the complete lack of originality. Does somebody with a bog collection needs it? No, but Explorer is an ideal fragrance for people who only needs one fragrance and wanted to smell good, trendy and fun. Nothing more, but nothing less. And the bottle looks great.

Rating: 6/10
Not bad!
So the fragrance is reminiscent of Creed Aventus or Club de Nuit but I still find that he has something peculiar and stands out somewhat from its clones. For me personally, he smells beginning a little more alcoholic and in the course of a synthetic kind of fresh but still fruity and light.

Personally, I smelled him the first time in Douglas and can still remember it well: was really surprised, because he smells somehow different from conventional perfume, what everyone has so in his head.

For me, a really good, inexpensive perfume! The only thing that bothers me is the somewhat weak sillage and durability. Clearly this is now also not extremely bad, but you just compare with the fragrances of the top league ;)

5.5
Beautiful Opening - Bad Course
Top note:
When I smelled this fragrance for the first time I had to immediately think of Creed - Aventus.
The opening starts very fresh fruity and is mainly dominated by bergamot. Also a touch of pineapple I was.

Course:
Unfortunately, the fragrance in the course very quickly (already after a few minutes) extremely dry and synthetic. This goes so far that I would not even begin to compare him with Aventus from then on.

Sillage and durability are with me unfortunately mediocre to poor. After 1-2 hours, the scent is only skin close to perceive.

Achillez
You smell good! Ohh yes you smell good...wow you smell really good!
Servus friends,

Yesterday my wife gave me this perfume for my birthday, I smelled it and was directly fascinated because it reminded me of Dior Sauvage something because I also have it at home I compared both and had to amazingly determine that I liked the Explorer more, since my wife has made a good choice :)
Well then this morning at 10 I had to go to the doctor to pick up my sick note for work, had to make me as always a scent on it so I decided for the Explorer. When I arrived there I had to talk of course, promptly got the first compliment from the doctor? Of course thanked and continued towards work to hand in the sick note.I go into the office and immediately the next compliments as in the headline is to be read? so much compliments I have never gotten until now. totally amazed I went home and my work colleague wrote me that the office would still smell like me ... thought Häää is the Explorer so strong because it was only really 5 sprays it is exactly 4 and a half hours passed and the scent is still very present I am from the Explorer Sowas of enthusiastically
To the durability I can say after 4 and a half hours that I still smell it and my wife confirm it just
If it holds good 7-9 hours it would be top and even if not the perfume is still worth the money

I would really recommend it to anyone, in my opinion you can wear it at any time of year and also on all occasions as well as fits any age very masculine fragrance with compliment factor!!!!
Ambroxan bomb
I bought Mont blanc Explorer as a 100ml bottle cheap at Notino and what can I say I am thrilled! I spray him even if I do not go out of the house just so on the arm to smell it because he just smells so incredibly good. But he also has a few problems..... although the durability is relatively good I smell him sometimes after 14 hours still a bit, but almost only ambroxan after 6-7 hours. The sillage, on the other hand, is less well done directly after spraying on you smell it for about an hour an arm's length and then it is skin deep. Nevertheless, absolutely good fragrance and blind purchase allowed as long as you buy it reduced on the Internet.
Citrus / Wood / Ambroxan Bomb
Montblanc has created with this fragrance a super pleasant and uncomplicated everyman fragrance, which is well received everywhere and always good to wear.
Through its fresh citrus prelude, the fragrance gives the wearer a nice kick of freshness and initially reminiscent of (Versace pour Homme) but then quickly goes in a woody direction and with a strong ambroxan note gives the whole a slight sweetness and depth In the drydown hiterlässt the fragrance then slightly the famous Aventus vibe and has a solid durability and sillage, nothing special but for the price of about 35 per 100ml quite all right.

Fun fact:
was letztens of someone stranger asked whether I have Aventus on it although it was Explorer.
Apparently smell the scents in the air but already similar otherwise I can not explain the situation.

Conclusion:
Super fragrance at a reasonable price that promises compliments and is always and wearable for any occasion.
Durability: 7 std.
Sillage: 2 std. well perceptible then discreet.

A non-exploratory Explorer
[Short review]

At home...
- You seem different tonight. Are you using Explorer? - asked my wife.
- No, I am using Chrome! - I said.
- Chrome? Chrome Legend?
- No! the stuff I started using instead of Explorer last week!
- Is there already something similar to Explorer?
- Yes, and this one is easier and lighter! I prefer it this way!
- How come Explorer has been copied in such a short time?
- In a short time? Explorer dates from 1995!
- Is that old? So has it been revised again and again?
- Uhm! Maybe! I suppose so. There have been several different versions of it since 95!
- So you mean that Aventus is a clone of Explorer and not the opposite?
- Aventus?
- Yes, from Creed!
- Creed doesn't make software ... does it?
- Probably not, but who's talking about software?
- I am, right?
- No, I'm talking about perfume and I'm asking about the new Montblanc!
- You mean the new Montblanc that you bought me last week?
- Yes, the new one you were wondering about!
- Oh! I don't care much about it. Explorer is just a clone!
- A clone? of what? of Opera?
- Opera? What is Opera?
.....
As the umpteenth version of an Aventus clone, Explorer doesn't have much to offer. The juicy pineapple prelude is missing, the power of the smoky birch note is missing, and there are unnecessary synthetic impressions. And of course, some performance is missing.
As a fruity, refreshing EdT, it's a bit mainstream and not a really unique offer. It opens fresh and peppery, more Sauvage-like than Aventus-like. It offers earthy light accords of vetiver and leather and tries to imitate the smokiness of Aventus. The notes of ambroxan and akigalawood also don't match the amber, patchouli, and moss notes used by Creed's lead creation.
Forgetting the average resemblance to Aventus, Explorer is well-presented and offers you a pleasant fragrance that will attract some attention. It joins the ranks of Starwalker, Presence, Individuel, and Emblem, as another inexpensive, versatile masculine fragrance series from Montblanc.
Men who pretend to only have a few bottles of perfume in their closet will appreciate it for fall and spring clothes. Collectors will just ignore it.

Music: Peter Gabriel - "Don't give up"

Aspartame Aventus
Explorer is the most mainstream and mass pleasing interpretation of Aventus. No smokiness, hardly any woodiness but instead a good dose of Ambroxan. However, the sweetness in there is strange to my nose. Imagine an original coca-cola in comparison to a sugar free no name cola product. These super cheap diet soda stuff sometimes has this scratchy almost bitter and artificial taste. That is how I experience Montblanc Explorer. Its maybe muscs that provide this strange sensation. In the air it definitely smells better than of clothes or skin which makes me believe that some of the heavier base notes are the problem to my nose
In my opinion its successs comes from the fact that this is the only designer Aventus available in stores to smell...
Ambroxplorer
In search of an everyday fragrance, I decided to make a blind purchase of this fragrance, which I could shoot cheaply in a 30 ml travel bottle. And yet it was a mistake.

The fragrance smells for me far too unnaturally artificial.

The notes I do not even want to describe further, because I smell dominant ambroxan in all phases. I would even go so far as to deny the expertise of anyone who calls this fragrance successful.

To end on a positive note: The idea of the fragrance is good. The used notes are sensibly combined, the way for a successful fragrance paved. However, it fails in my opinion at the implementation.

DaiorosDaioros 4 months ago
Aventus clone, fruity, not harsh at all, specially the opening.
In me last forever, very good use of the ambroxan.
Recommended.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
There are better Avenues clones on the market. I don't really like the opening and the dry down is kinda bland
Kazos07Kazos07 7 months ago
The best Creed Aventus clone on the market
JulphJulph 10 months ago
Not as classy as Aventus, but its smell is still better and far more expensive than its own price.
CarterHammCarterHamm 11 months ago
Similar to Aventus in the opening and mid. Dry down takes a turn toward the leather and leaves out the smoke. I enjoy it. Very versatile.
TorkeTorke 1 year ago
Jack of all trades of fragrances. The epitome of a dumb reach.
Bergamot and Ambroxan heavy,
Decent smell, maybe a little too body spray.
Nik604Nik604 1 year ago
I understand those who hates this juice ...of course , if you spend 300 euro for a bottle of fragrance , you will be proud - and then Explo
Arman038Arman038 2 years ago
Decent fragrance for warmer days in the office
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
Not as classy as Aventus, but much better than CDNIM. Instead of smokiness, it goes to the direction of refreshingness and spruceness.
AithanAithan 2 years ago
Did blind test with my colleagues. Some of them describe the scent as a cheap powdery perfume/deodorant.

by Gothic
by Topfpflanze3
by Golcher
by Golcher

Popular Montblanc

Signature (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Individuel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Spirit by Montblanc Legend Night by Montblanc Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Intense by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Legend pour Femme by Montblanc Présence d'Une Femme by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Lady Emblem L'Eau by Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Emblem Intense by Montblanc Emblem by Montblanc Lady Emblem by Montblanc Explorer Ultra Blue by Montblanc Legend pour Femme Special Edition 2014 by Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2012 by Montblanc