Explorer 2019

Explorer by Montblanc
Bottle Design Mark Eisen
Explorer is a popular perfume by Montblanc for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.
Scent goes well with Sauvage (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamotItalian bergamot
Base Notes Base NotesIndonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli
CocoaCocoa
AmbroxanAmbroxan
Akigalawood®Akigalawood®

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 24.07.2021.

A non-exploratory Explorer
[Short review]

At home...
- You seem different tonight. Are you using Explorer? - asked my wife.
- No, I am using Chrome! - I said.
- Chrome? Chrome Legend?
- No! the stuff I started using instead of Explorer last week!
- Is there already something similar to Explorer?
- Yes, and this one is easier and lighter! I prefer it this way!
- How come Explorer has been copied in such a short time?
- In a short time? Explorer dates from 1995!
- Is that old? So has it been revised again and again?
- Uhm! Maybe! I suppose so. There have been several different versions of it since 95!
- So you mean that Aventus is a clone of Explorer and not the opposite?
- Aventus?
- Yes, from Creed!
- Creed doesn't make software ... does it?
- Probably not, but who's talking about software?
- I am, right?
- No, I'm talking about perfume and I'm asking about the new Montblanc!
- You mean the new Montblanc that you bought me last week?
- Yes, the new one you were wondering about!
- Oh! I don't care much about it. Explorer is just a clone!
- A clone? of what? of Opera?
- Opera? What is Opera?
.....
As the umpteenth version of an Aventus clone, Explorer doesn't have much to offer. The juicy pineapple prelude is missing, the power of the smoky birch note is missing, and there are unnecessary synthetic impressions. And of course, some performance is missing.
As a fruity, refreshing EdT, it's a bit mainstream and not a really unique offer. It opens fresh and peppery, more Sauvage-like than Aventus-like. It offers earthy light accords of vetiver and leather and tries to imitate the smokiness of Aventus. The notes of ambroxan and akigalawood also don't match the amber, patchouli, and moss notes used by Creed's lead creation.
Forgetting the average resemblance to Aventus, Explorer is well-presented and offers you a pleasant fragrance that will attract some attention. It joins the ranks of Starwalker, Presence, Individuel, and Emblem, as another inexpensive, versatile masculine fragrance series from Montblanc.
Men who pretend to only have a few bottles of perfume in their closet will appreciate it for fall and spring clothes. Collectors will just ignore it.

Music: Peter Gabriel - "Don't give up"

Aspartame Aventus
Explorer is the most mainstream and mass pleasing interpretation of Aventus. No smokiness, hardly any woodiness but instead a good dose of Ambroxan. However, the sweetness in there is strange to my nose. Imagine an original coca-cola in comparison to a sugar free no name cola product. These super cheap diet soda stuff sometimes has this scratchy almost bitter and artificial taste. That is how I experience Montblanc Explorer. Its maybe muscs that provide this strange sensation. In the air it definitely smells better than of clothes or skin which makes me believe that some of the heavier base notes are the problem to my nose
In my opinion its successs comes from the fact that this is the only designer Aventus available in stores to smell...
Ambroxplorer
In search of an everyday fragrance, I decided to make a blind purchase of this fragrance, which I could shoot cheaply in a 30 ml travel bottle. And yet it was a mistake.

The fragrance smells for me far too unnaturally artificial.

The notes I do not even want to describe further, because I smell dominant ambroxan in all phases. I would even go so far as to deny the expertise of anyone who calls this fragrance successful.

To end on a positive note: The idea of the fragrance is good. The used notes are sensibly combined, the way for a successful fragrance paved. However, it fails in my opinion at the implementation.

Giles
Ah so good for the price...
Yup no matter what the Creed snobs say, this is Aventus-esque and just as good. I mean look at the perfumers for a start. I can't believe how good for the summer this is and soooooo cheap. I get a full days performance, unlike the Creed masterpiece that varies with every batch made and I have had a few bottles. There's not much more to say than just buy a bottle it will not disappoint.
So cheap, So great, Will have
I would like to dedicate my first comment to MB Explorer. I am relatively new here but it tickles me in the fingers, because I do not quite know what to think of the whole "(Aventus) Hype".

First of all, I have absolutely no idea what Aventus smells like. Never smelled it. Many talk about how great MB Explorer is, what a good value it has and that it is quite similar to Aventus. Especially on Youtube it is praised by influencers and also here on Parfumo or Fragrantica it is very well reviewed. How much he ultimately resembles Aventus you can, provided you know both fragrances, probably better judge.

In search of a new fragrance, I stumbled in a drugstore branch for the first time about MB Explorer. I had previously browsed a bit on the Internet and knew that it should be very similar to the famous Aventus. So I sprayed it on the test strip and tested it. I can still remember exactly what I thought and that was "well, a bit fresh and smoky. That's what Aventus is supposed to smell like? That's nothing special."

Due to a small of Corona caused online shopping addiction, I had then but decided to buy the MB Explorer for Lau. So cheap, you can indulge yourself even if the first impression was not so great. Finally, he is very well rated is then argued...

Get the fragrance, sprayed on and found that my first impression has not changed. Zietr-fresh bergamot with ambroxan in the background. So runs the entire fragrance with me, from opening to end. Monotonous. Boring. About 1 hour of projection and 6 hours on the skin, that's it. On the clothes the next day no longer smellable. The flacon is übrignes quite chic, is heavy in the hand and feels valuable.

Probably I will test in the near future but times Aventus to form my own judgment. But I think this fragrance is just not me. Tastes are just different and maybe I remember next time when I make ill-considered purchases.

BM Explorer in any case is given away.
Entertaining pleasure
The fragrance starts for me fruity / fresh, it smells very clean and brings a certain masculinity with it, which I liked very much.
In the unfortunately somewhat shorter scent course änderst in my opinion also not really much. Only the Ambroxan comes a little more to the fore. After 4 hours then also only skin close to perceive.
Nevertheless, a good fragrance and the price-performance ratio is also top.
Pineapple without juice
After recommendations of all Youtuber and good reviews I went on "exploration" so to speak.
I got me a sample and off I went.
With the first spray on my arm, my nose noticed a sense of well-being. It smelled fresh and a little like pineapple, I liked what I smelled. After a 30 minute walk, I wanted to smell my arm again, but I didn't smell anything. I thought at first I had forgotten where I had sprayed the stuff because I couldn't believe it. My nose could still try so hard, the scent was gone and that after 30 minutes. I tested the scent again afterwards at Müller, but again the scent was gone after 30 minutes. With Mehreren the smell seems to adhere longer to the skin, with me it is not the case. For me, unfortunately, a disappointment, even if I like the scent quite.
Mark of Cain
Adam and Eve had two sons, the firstborn Cain and then Abel.
Abel became a shepherd, Cain a farmer.
Cain brought an offering to the Lord of fruit from his field, Abel offered the firstborn of his flock.
The Lord looked graciously on Abel's offering, but not on Cain's, the latter was incensed.
God noticed his anger and held him to moderation, but Cain invited his brother into his field and slew him there.
When God asked him about Abel, he replied that he was not his brother's keeper.
God condemned him:
Because of the shedding of blood, the earth would no longer bear him fruit, and he would be a fugitive forever.
Cain went away.....

In this case, Montblanc Explorer is the younger brother of Creed Aventus, but let's not get hung up on trivia.
First: the bottle doesn't have to hide from its brother.
I must admit it's been a while since I tested Aventus, and I hadn't made any notes or anything.
but what I do know is that Explorer comes pretty close. It may just be nuances where Aventus is "better".
The point of why the younger brother overthrows his older one here, to me, is simple:
These nuances do not justify over 200 euros surcharge..for the money you get again MORE beautiful fragrances.
Compliments magnet
As many have already written, Explorer should not necessarily be called an "Aventus clone". A certain similarity is present, but not in the direction of the smokier "Club de Nuit".

Sillage and durability are okay to good, but just right to be able to wear the fragrance in the office. Who should hope for a sauvage performance of the fragrance, however, will be disappointed. He could perform a little better in my opinion, then he would be almost perfect.

Nevertheless, I have not yet received so many compliments for any fragrance. In the office, colleagues asked me several times, what this is for a great fragrance, because they would like to buy this to their partner.
The Sufferings of a Clone
Unfortunately, the fragrance must always compare with the yet admittedly better Creed Aventus.
If I imitate a composition, I have to put up with the comparison, however.

In advance, I find that Montblanc has created here once again a great fragrance and wear it also very happy. Before I now go into more detail on the fragrance, I would like to describe but also briefly the presentation of the flacon. I own the 60ml and 30ml bottle myself and am really thrilled with the presentation and the look. In contrast to Club de Nuit Intense, where I do not like the bottle at all. Nungut, it is also finally much more about the fragrance. But also not entirely unimportant.

Me convinced Explorer, because the DNA of Aventus of course also just works very well and MB makes use of this here. All in all, a good implementation as I find, which brings its own note with and is fruity. Overall, a good price-performance ratio, if you get the fragrance in the sale at a good price.

It starts as I said more fruity than Creed.... , ... sorry. Let's leave that out. So he starts fruity fresh and the Ambroxan unfolds its effect after a few minutes. I like the slightly different blend than the original, especially in the opening, and overall it's just a great masculine scent for any occasion and season. In high heat, so over 30 degrees, I find Explorer but then a bit too violent. Then rather something lighter. Maybe the current new release "Explorer Ultra Blue". I am very curious about it and would like to test the in any case times.

After briefly skimming the text on gladly by me in the reviews left typos, I realize that I have gone much on the comparison to Aventus and less on the fragrance itself. But as the headline says.... "the woes of a clone" !

DaiorosDaioros 2 months ago
Aventus clone, fruity, not harsh at all, specially the opening.
In me last forever, very good use of the ambroxan.
Recommended.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 3 months ago
There are better Avenues clones on the market. I don't really like the opening and the dry down is kinda bland
Kazos07Kazos07 4 months ago
The best Creed Aventus clone on the market
JulphJulph 7 months ago
Not as classy as Aventus, but its smell is still better and far more expensive than its own price.
CarterHammCarterHamm 9 months ago
Similar to Aventus in the opening and mid. Dry down takes a turn toward the leather and leaves out the smoke. I enjoy it. Very versatile.
TorkeTorke 11 months ago
Jack of all trades of fragrances. The epitome of a dumb reach.
Bergamot and Ambroxan heavy,
Decent smell, maybe a little too body spray.
Nik604Nik604 12 months ago
I understand those who hates this juice ...of course , if you spend 300 euro for a bottle of fragrance , you will be proud - and then Explo
Arman038Arman038 1 year ago
Decent fragrance for warmer days in the office
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
Not as classy as Aventus, but much better than CDNIM. Instead of smokiness, it goes to the direction of refreshingness and spruceness.
AithanAithan 2 years ago
Did blind test with my colleagues. Some of them describe the scent as a cheap powdery perfume/deodorant.

by Gothic
by Topfpflanze3
by Golcher
by Golcher

Popular Montblanc

Signature (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Individuel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Spirit by Montblanc Legend Night by Montblanc Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Intense by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Legend pour Femme by Montblanc Présence d'Une Femme by Montblanc Lady Emblem L'Eau by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Emblem Intense by Montblanc Emblem by Montblanc Lady Emblem by Montblanc Explorer Ultra Blue by Montblanc Legend pour Femme Special Edition 2014 by Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2012 by Montblanc