Individuel 2003Eau de Toilette

Individuel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc
Bottle Design Franzrudolf Lehnert
Individuel (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Montblanc for men and was released in 2003. The scent is sweet-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Pierre Bourdon

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Coriander, Lavender, Mint, Rosemary, Juniper berry, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Orange blossom, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Dark chocolate, Oakmoss, Raspberry, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.11.2020.

Ufooo
"Fresh fabric softener with a rasperry vibe" Jeremy Fragrance in 2016?
It's been a long time since I've watched many videos from the enthusiastic perfume designer.
Today I don't like his videos that much anymore, because he has developed in a funny direction.
But what I have left is the catch phrase that I always think of when I read "Montblanc Individuel".

I think he hit the nail on the head with this Montblanc Individuel lives up to its name, as I have - at least until now - never smelled a fragrance that goes in a similar direction.

My beginner's nose recognizes at the beginning a beautiful interplay of bergamot, juniper berry and washing powder, whereby the latter is discreet and hardly disturbing.
As the fragrance changes its nature and becomes slightly spicy and sweet.
In my opinion, the fragrance is accompanied throughout by an artificial nuance, which does not harm the overall work!

I think it is a perfume suitable for everyday use for everyone who likes clean, fresh, but also delicious fragrances!
Definitely worth a blind buy, because it is cheap to get (23€ for 75ml Nov. 2020).
Suitable as signature fragrance
The fragrance is somewhat synthetic on the one hand (which is not surprising given the raspberry note), but on the other it offers an unexpected complexity and depth. Nevertheless, the fragrance is not heavy, but rather light with its sweetness. One could also say easily digestible and compatible with the masses. It fits well in the office, on a date and also otherwise
The nice colleague
Yes I also think that Mont Blanc Individuel is an office fragrance. However, I must also say that not more. You wear it just to not really attract attention. It doesn't really stand out in my eyes and is at least not very noticeable. Quite boring I have to admit He is supposed to be a Dupe from the Royal Santal made by Creed, although his release was much earlier As I said, slightly fresh, a bit sporty but no scent that makes me want to go. A good everyday life and possibly Dateduft.
Performance and durability could be better.
CrazyIschy
The slightly different office scent
For the work in a Swabian car company, I was looking for a fragrance suitable for everyday office life. Since only men were employed in my department, who also do not really deal with perfume, fragrances like "L'Homme" or "Boss Bottled" were out of question for me. At every meeting the room smelled of them and I didn't want to be a part of it.

Through my first office fragrance "Legend Spirit", which was recommended to me in a perfumery, I came across the Montblanc brand. Since I already liked Legend Spirit very much, I searched the Internet for more scents from Montblanc, and "Individuel" caught my eye. This one appealed to me because of its rather rare raspberry note. After further research I found out about the differences in quality of the different batches, but I found it in a small online shop, which told me the batch number before shipping.

As for the fragrance itself, I can only say that it fully meets my expectations. It stands out from the mass of office fragrances without being too intrusive, thanks to the long-lasting raspberry note. During my time at the car company I was constantly complimented and my boss even asked me which perfume I was wearing.

For me "Individuel" is a perfect office fragrance, for all those who want to stand out a little from the crowd and have no problem with a rather untypical scent. In addition, the H/S is appropriate for an office fragrance and the price is unbeatable. If you get the right batch, you can't go wrong with this fragrance.

Rquill67
Love the dry-down on this one!
I’m not an invictus fan, nor do I lean towards “freshies” or “blue aquatic” fragrances and thank gawd Mont Blanc’s Individuel is neither of those, but it’s not a trying to be a Joop! Homme clone or even an updated Joop! Homme brother either as some reviewers have stated. I’m not a fan of the opening of this fragrance but really enjoy the mid and the dry-down. The opening has that pineapple note that just kinda ruins it for me; but wait a couple minutes and the raspberry, cinnamon and chocolate start to shine through. But yet it’s not a dark chocolate or deep amber or sweet fragrance. Mont Blanc has managed to keep this light yet out of the typical blue or freshie territory. I’m actually a big fan of Joop! Homme and I can tell you that this smells nothing like that one. You could wear Individuel for any season or any occasion. It’s crowd and mass appealing and nothing that screams new or different, and it’s good for its genre of fragrances. I give this one a 7 / 10 and would recommend for any frag-heads collection.
DerJulian
"You call that an office fragrance?"
This is what I asked myself when, motivated to buy by a certain Mr Fragrance, I smelled this fragrance from Montblanc for the first time.

The reason: in the top note it radiates such a penetrating and for me in places aggressive chewing gum sweetness (like these cuboid Hubba Bubba - chewing gums that often lay in the kiosk right next to the shelf of sweets for the "colourful bags"), which it only puts down in the middle note and "comes to rest" with tasteful floral tones.

So the first shock is followed by a "positive disillusionment" and the mixture of the sweet components described at the beginning with violet, amber and delicate vanilla works surprisingly well, although I have different ideas about an office fragrance (this is the status of this fragrance according to my research of many Fora and YouTube channels) (not necessarily more subtle, but definitely drier, less sweet).

Calvin Klein ("Contradiction", "Be" or directly most other fragrances from the same house), Lalique (Encre Noire Sport; White), Guerlain (Homme; L'homme ideal Cologne) or Creed (Himalayas) have repeatedly shown how versatile fragrances can be for this area of application and at the same time retain a certain sweetness, fruitiness or freshness.
Balance is the keyword here and I have to say that the "individual" is a little too angular for me.

For the summer it is definitely recommendable, but due to its wildness it is not as versatile as I would like it to be. But due to the excellent price it is worth a look.
Blind purchase
because of the community :-)

I have to admit that the only reason I bought this fragrance is because of the Montblanc brand. No kidding. Of course, because it is supposed to resemble a Creed fragrance, and who wants to spend €200 on a fragrance? I do, but not on Creed.

I really wanted to test this fragrance, because various perfume lovers talked about it. Besides, it's not that expensive.

When I tested the fragrance several times I noticed the following: it does not change. From beginning to end.

It smells sweet and fruity to me all the time, in fact it smells like raspberry. An Albanian colleague, who never complimented me before, suddenly said: "You smell good yes" I: "Stop it, you are saying that extra" He: "No, the smell smells really delicious"

In fact I received a compliment from a lady as well.

Personally, I don't think much of this fragrance. It has nothing special for me and somehow smells like Hubba Hubba. I like hubba hubba, but I don't always want to smell it.

I wear it only when I don't know what to wear (happens rarely) and want compliments.

Shelf life and silage are okay for this price, about average.
2.5
Cheap and artificial
If you are looking for cheap and at the same time "good" perfumes, you will hardly be able to avoid this one. For the low price blindly ordered. Unfortunately I was very disappointed. From my point of view it smells cheap and artificial. Not my case at all. The performance is ok. The flacon looks chic. Everything else is not to my liking personally.

The Individual Needs That Differ From Each Person
I noticed Montblanc Individuel by chance while looking for another perfume on Youtube, and a video appeared that examined the cheap men's fragrances with an unquestionably significant impact. Vlogger, like many other people on the web, referred to the similarity with Joop! Homme, the dark purple juice that I loved and wore just released in the early nineties. Hence, I pursued research and found that three colognes share the same vibe and common foundation, with a strong orange blossom initial note, such as Joop! Homme (1989), MB Individuel (2003), and Creed Original Santal (2005). The former has appealing qualities, much bolder, opulent and somehow cloying if worn in the wrong season, but was one of the biggest clubbing bombs, instead, this one is more on the aromatic side. About the latter, I have no idea since I never smelled it. So yes, at first glance, the similarity with Joop! Homme is inevitable if you happened to feel it or use it. However, this is only the first impression, because compared side by side the two share the same vibration, the same cherry syrup accord, but then proceed in two separate ways.

As soon as you spray this scent on the skin, you're going to notice that raspberry sweetness, delightful with clean laundry nuances but neither gourmand nor cloying. You can get it from the very beginning up to the dry-down where the note is supposed to be. But, there is also a sort of crisp freshness and balminess coming from the aromatic herbs and spices. My chemistry enhances the odorous notes of icy mint, memory balm rosemary, calming blueish lavender, sparkling coriander leaf, and juniper berry, which rise from the skin pleasantly. Instead, I don't get any citrus notes, yet I seem to catch some fruity pineapple accord, but it could be my nose. Other elements provide a woodier spice accord, such as cardamom and juniper. In this initial stage, Individuel is metallic, grey, a little deep. The cinnamon, raspberry, and juniper notes in Individuel give it a slightly fruity aroma which distinguishes it, in my opinion.

A little while later, there are a bunch of floral notes present, which creates a powdery feel. I can nearly detect individual blossoms like jasmine, violet, and orange flower, surrounded by a touch of green geranium.

Eftsoons, as it dries down, this clean freshness becomes woodier and creamier. The sweetness of the raspberry pairs with vanilla, on top of that sandalwood base. And a touch of amber, which arrives rather quickly for an oriental. A chocolate-like berry note lurks in there, too. Musk and moss hesitate, and I don't get them so pronounced as in Joop!. Thus, a luscious slightly woody scent, with a creaminess, and dotted with cinnamon spice.

Provocative, some people love it, some others hate it. Though, I believe that this scent grows and grows on you, the more you wear it, the more you appreciate it. On my skin, the overall smell highlights juniper berry, raspberry, vanilla, cedarwood. The sweet, fruity aroma makes MB Individuel perfect for those seasons where its neither too warm nor too cold, Autumn and Winter's days fit flawlessly. The projection is pretty good, it's not overwhelming, but not weak either, and I also get moderate longevity, of about the whole day, depending on the weather. Individuel is a solid performer and more than useful, for most occasions. However, for the price, I think it'd be a nice pickup for the late winter or early spring months.
About the perfumer, Pierre Bourdon likes to create pure aura scents using complicated formulas and pyramids, and he does it successfully in Kouros, Cool Water, and Individuel. I love the first two more than the third, but Individuel holds its own and is worthy of Bourdon, and of anyone who wears modern orientals.

This review is based upon a 75ml bottle I own (Batch code i353, Production date 2018-12-19).

Stay well; stay healthy.

-Elysium
MichaNase
Sweet - Woody - Synthetic - But where is the raspberry?
After getting to know Parfumo and reading through various reviews, I actually went on a blind purchase. What can go wrong with a fresh raspberry potion? At that time Individuel was still in the Top 100! I had to like him
So what went wrong? Well, my nose went crooked. I sprayed the scent on my wrist and sniffed. Fresh for a minute, then sweet and woody. What about fruity? The fruit tends to sink in. Well, what about raspberry? I have frozen raspberries every morning and what I smell of fruit at Individuel does not smell like raspberries. Ok, I can imagine that someone can imagine that the fruity component might smell like a raspberry. At least go in the berry direction.
I also can't see any resemblance to fabric-softer/softwash, the sweetness is too heavy and penetrating - and above all the sweetness is too boring for me, because I miss the playfulness. Simply too well-behaved the boy.

Anyway, I was disappointed. The scent then remained rather linear sweet-woody. Over several years I tried again and again to get closer to the scent. But neither of us has warmed up to this day. At the last spraying I was finally annoyed by the sweetness and glad when the smell was gone
However, my colleagues liked the scent! They found my Lacoste pour Homme by far not so good in comparison.

TorkeTorke 3 months ago
Jeremy actually said it best: clean sheets with a touch of raspberry.
Pleasent smell, but very synthetic smelling
AMGMoonHaloAMGMoonHalo 4 months ago
Strong aromatic intro. Sweet fresh floral woody clean scent with a touch of spice. It's not gourmand. Compliment worthy.
GreMuserGreMuser 4 months ago
I really don' get the hype, I smell only sickening and super synthetic raspberry.
JohnnieShoreJohnnieShore 6 months ago
Reserved but different.
Good for daytime indoor activities like lunch. Ok for the office but actually too interesting for it.
AithanAithan 12 months ago
Start with sweet opening and end with fresh scent.
Love the fresh base. Can't handle the opening.
Project very strong at opening.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Very versatile for any kind of weather/situations. As it does everything well it does not excell at anything. A bit boring but a safe buy.
KLewisKLewis 2 years ago
Nice scent but not fantastic longevity. Similar to Creed Original Santal but fruitier, and Joop Homme but not as overpoweringly sweet.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Overrated and synthetic! Yep very close to Original Santal. If you like the Creed go for this one.
DPArtistDPArtist 2 years ago
Blind buy due to the hype (so much for being 'individual' hey) ; scent is not for me, far too sweet. But maybe the ladies will like it...
MrHonestMrHonest 3 years ago
Am I the only one who gets chocolate? Really dig your nose in...it's in there. Not my fav from the house, but a solid "city" frag + value.

by Fraenky
by Refresh
Montblanc in the white
by Itchynose
by ErhanSaceros
Kühles Metall mit pfeffriger Gletscherfrische.
by AromaTikka
Die große chinesische Mauer, mein Duft Montblanc Individuel .
by StefaniH
by Thecombad
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Montblanc

Explorer by Montblanc Signature by Montblanc Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Spirit by Montblanc Legend Night by Montblanc Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Intense by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend pour Femme by Montblanc Présence d'Une Femme by Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Emblem Intense by Montblanc Lady Emblem L'Eau by Montblanc Lady Emblem by Montblanc Emblem by Montblanc Legend pour Femme Special Edition 2014 by Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2012 by Montblanc Femme Individuelle by Montblanc