Individuel 2003 Eau de Toilette

Individuel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc
Bottle Design Franzrudolf Lehnert
Individuel (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Montblanc for men and was released in 2003. The scent is sweet-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Pierre Bourdon

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot CorianderCoriander LavenderLavender MintMint RosemaryRosemary Juniper berryJuniper berry CinnamonCinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeraniumGeranium JasmineJasmine Orange blossomOrange blossom VioletViolet
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber Dark chocolateDark chocolate OakmossOakmoss RaspberryRaspberry MuskMusk PatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood Tonka beanTonka bean VanillaVanilla VetiverVetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.05.2022.

TravellerDKTravellerDK 4 years ago
Fabric softener and raspberries in a bottle - this is what I smell. It last all day and then some without problems. I think it is a strong...
GreMuserGreMuser 1 year ago
Unfortunately I don't understand the hype for this perfume. It's cheap and that's it. It seems to me the only point in its favor, for the rest I find it quite nauseating...

Razvanyke
Similar but not the same
I have a CREED original Santal sample at home, and like many others I was wondering what is the point to pay premium €€ when you can get the cheaper Individuel, right? Well .. it´s not that simple.

I got myself a sample before buying a bottle of Montblanc to check with my own nose if it is really so similar like people want you to believe. And when you start spray it, they seem to have the similar sweet sandalwood direction, like JOOP Homme but less cloying.

After about 5 minutes, the CREED becomes very understated, in the same way Green Irish Tweed is vs Cool Water .. with a certain class and it´s less in your face, if I can say so.

The Individuel comes close to the skin very fast and it becomes this generic sweet, "not sure what I sprayed" sandalwood similar to JOOP smell.

Don´t get me wrong, if you are someone who could not care less about scents and perfume houses and notes and so on, you will find Montblanc a top choice and use it and spray it and could not care less about the details.

But if you are someone with a decent collection and a trained nose to sense the little things, you will understand what I mean.

The are similar, thanks to the influence of the great Pierre Burdon in both scent DNAs .. but in the Creed one I think Olivier´s influence can be seen, he also had a word into how it smells and what will come out from the sketch board.

Conclusion:
I would regret buying a full bottle of Montblanc and probably never use it and will just stay in the drawer, on the other hand the Creed is not so modern to make me use daily but I would like a bottle, maybe a 50ml one into my collection.

With the right price, maybe even used from the Souk - the Creed "wins" this versus.
Hype ? No thanks
If one concerns oneself a little with the topic perfume, looks at perhaps the one or other Top 10 video, then one comes across relatively this 20 euro smell.

Meanwhile, I have learned from some blind purchases, to which this one has neatly contributed to. Of course, 20 euros are not a leg break, but that can accumulate quickly and from the principle it remains the same. Since I prefer to invest in the acquaintances, but back to the Individual.

Heard a lot about him, bought blindly for n Zwanni, thought nothing of it, should be enough after freshly washed, but then quickly disappointed.
The scent is best described by a very very strong synthetic sweetness raspberry. The sweetness is not even directly the problem even if it is far too much for me, but the excessive synthetic from start to finish.

In the end, I had to wash this stuff off me because it was just disgusting. So far, the worst fragrance I was allowed to smell.
If you see here so all the positive reviews, then falls only times on how far apart the opinions can go.

Trying goes over studying.
N471v3
The Golden Ratio. An icon, survived by his imitator!
Montblanc Individuel is personally a no-brainer for my collection.

Such a fragrance I have a YouTuber Nachgekauft, and immediately at the first smell knew, "Hey wow,.... there's really something to it!!! The is really special!"

For a longer period of time I thought it was an homage/copy of Creed's Original Santal, which is what you would think if you had to guess it by smell alone, since Original Santal somehow smells more natural and a bit more upscale.
However, it is not!
Individuel: anno 2003
Original Santal: anno 2005

However, I did not care anyway, because Individual smells more interesting for me, it just moves more in me. Even if it is something more chemical / artificial, - or maybe just because of it?

What does Individual smell like?

Whew... so with the note list, that's really a challenge to describe it! :D

I would say the raspberry plays a very central role, everything revolves around it. It's surrounded by sweet, floral, woody, and spicy notes, but there are so many and different that it's really hard for me to smell them out one by one.

Let's say fruity sweet, such a slight amber impact, a little sticky, a little "alien" so alien / chemical. Also slightly fresh, actually not so little! It's just not so noticeable because the sweetness radiates more strongly, and there are so "many small" fresh notes, which puzzle together here.
And in sum, Individuel smells somehow so typically masculine-Cologne artig, so it just feels very much like a confident, sexy signature fragrance.
A little mistery, but present, with great charisma, yet not overbearing.

The Individuel lover likes to wear his fragrance often, it's also such a grab-and-go thing. Fits in really every season and temperature, and to most situations. To the funeral it is perhaps a little too "happy", but otherwise goes really everything. So in the office, you'll make a few new friends with it in no time ;)

Unfortunately, Individuel was now finally discontinued after a long time on the market, it is also no longer listed on the manufacturer's page.

I understand it, because even though it is very timeless, scents like Explorer, or Legend are just more modern, and do something similar. But are a little easier to grasp in their DNA, for the masses.

I still find Individual is really unique, almost a kind of highlight from the house, it's a bit like the golden ratio of this fragrance for me smell-wise.

Just perfect!

I would think of Joop Homme now, which is also somewhat similar, but Joop Homme is much more striking for my taste. It smells much more like "broad masses", you think immediately "I know but...".
Individuel... is just individual. ;)

So a fragrance where you are constantly asked what the good is, with nervousness in the voice of the counterpart, it would be but also like so individual. ;D
Giggs1980
A good all-rounder, but........
I have been testing the Creed for some time. "Original Santal" has always pleased me very much. Only the price has deterred me at the "harder" and "more masculine" Joop.
Until I stumbled here on the original fragrance and its description.
Blindly I ordered me the MBI for a tenth of the Creed's.
My nose can not detect any major differences between the MBI and the COS. The Santal is probably a tad fresher. But I cannot confirm this. They are both wonderful fragrances. But................ I can't wear it 2 days in a row. 1x made, has me the fragrance on the 2 day rather pursued than accompanied.
As a nice change for in between he is quite suitable. But for multi-day wearing sessions, he is too straightforward and too unsuitable in my nose.
Raspberry with detergent vibe
This was one of the first fragrances I got this year as an office scent.

Fragrance:
How does it feel to wear *Montblanc Individuel*?
- Like wearing fabric softener (probably the lavender) with a skyberry aroma. It also has a synthetic undertone to my nose. It doesn't have any particular association with a particular moment for me - it's just a clean scent. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't notice the comparison to Joop Homme at all. The latter is much stronger and smells for me strongly of sour cherry and not synthetic raspberry.

When do I prefer to wear *Montblanc Individuel*?
- Preferably at daytime and in the office. However, only rarely, since I own Prada Lhomme and this the Usecase *Saubermann* with its luxury iris note still clearly better done.

How does this fragrance differentiate itself from other soap/fresh laundry/office fragrances I've smelled so far?
- Dior Homme Intense: in addition to the soap smell also wood and vanilla (rather with date character)
- Prada L'Homme: Clearly Luxurioser Iris fragrance, which is for me another league.
- Prada L'Homme Intense: for me rather the upgrade to a date fragrance, because here the vanilla is very prominent.
- Prada Amber pour homme: also very soapy and for me the number 2 soap, which also smells luxurious.

SILLAGE/ DURABILITY:
- The sillage is I think good, but also not beast fashion.
- The durability is very good, both on the skin and on the clothes, where I notice the fragrance even the next day.

FLAKON:
- Very high quality and masculine-masculine by the combination of the white Juice, light glass with the jet black (leather?) sheath.

PRICE / PERFORMANCE:
- The 75ml variant I bought for just under 25€. Price / performance is really good.

CONCLUSION:
For all those who have a narrow wallet and want to have a solid Wäschetrocker fragrance for the office. However, who invests about 50 € more, gets with Prada L'homme the No. 1 for the office and will certainly soon receive a promotion for the top smell:-)
"Southern German" Comfort
Mont Blanc Individual is one of those scents that trigger a feeling in me that I can't describe. The closest is probably a kind of "security" or "pleasant warmth" on cold autumn and winter days. I only wear it in the cold seasons and preferably with a black turtleneck sweater. Why? Because it does something right for me that few fragrances can: It still stays clean despite its sweetness (which never gets too much). I don't find it really fresh, but very clean. Like washing powder with a light raspberry-chocolate aftershave touch. Incredibly great. The H/S are also good and the price/performance ratio anyway. You also often smell unique, just Individuel. It goes down well and is smelled with pleasure. As for the preferred clothing style to the fragrance, I wear it with any other clothing, as long as the season is right. But because I also feel good in a turtleneck sweater and it is also comfortable, it fits doubly well. You don't do anything wrong with Individual, I've already received compliments. I also find the fragrance rather masculine, although not typical. The name of the perfume just fits perfectly. The bottle is pretty, clean, elegant and has a high WIedererkennungswert. The somewhat mechanical German style, similar to flacons from Hugo Boss. Professional even, but not too much, because Individuel builds a bridge. And to clarify my association, here is a description of the "perfect Individuel- feeling":

It's Monday morning, in the middle of November. It's a freezing morning. The sky is clear, you can see the stars. I step out of the shower and put on my black, comfortable turtleneck sweater. It hugs my torso like a shadow. Opening the wardrobe, the elegant bottle of Montblanc fragrance flashes at me. I don't skimp on application, but I don't overdo it either. The perfect amount. I grab my car keys and head out the front door. The top note of the fragrance in my nose, along with the freezing winter air. A delightful combination. I'm ready for the day, Individuel is my faithful companion, it won't let me down. In the car, I turn on the heater, slowly warming up the chilled car.As I drive, a brilliant scent spreads throughout the car with the warmth. What a luxury. I am pleasantly warm, not too much, not too little. It is perfect. Arrived, Individuel accompanies me as expected through the day. Clean, neat as the turtleneck and the appearance of the morning. But because of the scent, also a little different, unfamiliar, a little Individuel. I can confidently concentrate on my tasks, Individuel is always there. Maybe there's another compliment in it today, maybe even another one that special? Ah, here it comes. Warms the heart. Also playful facets the charmer in the bottle does not hide, he embeds them skillfully in the clean and professional. Another successful day , coming to an end. I go to bed. I look in the closet and see a pile of turtlenecks and not far away a silver bottle. I think tomorrow I'll do it again the same way, winter lasts a few more days after all.
Leprince069
Not so incredible individual but still price/performance killer
This scent is a mix of the fabric softener and all-in-one-sport shower gel category. - with me it would be something like "heavenly blue" or "fresh cloud breeze" - now for your bedding. It's a very clean, wholesome scent that's versatile but still has a hint of synthetic to it. I see it under the everyday fragrances, which can also be used in jobs with customer contact or the like without any problems. In the area of sports he is also well accommodated. Considering the very low price, this is definitely one of the leading fragrances. For me, it's kind of like a 50 euro fragrance that costs half as much. However, he somehow still does not manage to be used frequently by me, since there are stronger candidates in this category, such as Prada l homme.

What still bothers me about the fragrance, however, I can describe only with difficulty: If you smell bspw. at the bottle, it smells significantly better than if you apply in. Why is that? I don't know. It's just the way it is in my opinion. Is it still several people so or is that just me?

The shelf life is in my opinion quite Okay. Felt so to 5 hours evtl. He keeps a little let's say, but also not all too long. He is not particularly assertive - so if you are surrounded with very heavy, voluminous smells, he will probably go down.

A lot of fragrance for little money, but not extra class.

Very good all-rounder
The fragrance is only my third fragrance. The Mont Blanc Individuel is wearable in any situation and any season. In my collection definitely the "all-rounder" and yet not boring and inconspicuous, but with intense fragrance nuances.
MrMagic
Montblanc Insignificant - now also in your store!
Dear friends of individuality,

today it is again about Montblanc Individual go. Well there is not too much to say about the fragrance, but since the fragrance is completely overrated in my opinion, I would still like to share my remarks in a review with you.
A big point that always comes up with this fragrance is its similarity to Joop! Homme. So is Montblanc a twin or not? No, he is not!
But it contains a not negligible part of the fragrance DNA of Joop! Homme and reminds me of the fragrance from the beginning. Montblanc has, however, a not to be neglected part of own fragrance DNA, which comes along fresh and synthetic-fruity.
So take a good portion of Joop! Homme, mix in some freshness and round off the whole thing with a synthetically intrusive raspberry. Out comes a messy sweet-fresh miscellany with a laboratory raspberry. Although I do not know the Santal of Creed, this should really smell 1:1 like the Individual, then I understand the popularity at this price even less.

At the Montblanc is the price yes to cope, however, there are so many good fragrances even in this price segment. However, I'm also no Joop! Homme friend, so you can see as a Joop! fan like that differently.
Gladly I would bring you alone on the basis of the fragrance notes with even more extensive sentences the fragrance character closer, but this fragrance is so generic, cheap and olfactory overdrawn-unclear that this is neither possible for me, nor that I think it necessary. Not really an unpleasant fragrance for the masses, but smelled today and forgotten tomorrow. Montblanc has created here nothing with individuality, so that the name completely fails.
Again, such a prime example of how Jeremy's recommendations rarely suit me. But well, the also suggests Bleu de Chanel edT in the club...

The sillage is average at most. Fresh after spraying on, the scent rises indeed from the forearm in the nose, the whole settles, however, quite quickly close to the skin. Likewise, the durability with 5-6 hours is also not exactly the yellow of the egg.

The bottle offers what is also in it, namely absolutely nothing special.

Conclusion: Who loves Joop! Homme or at least likes the fragrance direction, should take a look at this one. All other Parfumos I can not recommend the brew here.

Thanks for reading!
Individual? Unfortunately not
Rather a typical and sweetish everyday fragrance, which can "convince" only by a synthetic freshness and an almost penetrating raspberry.

With this amount of fragrance notes can already be assumed that hardly one is really identifiable. With a lot of imagination perhaps still juniper and the chocolate break through, but otherwise the fragrance seems to me quite linear and one-dimensional, despite the supposedly complex fragrance pyramid.
Durability and sillage are rather disappointing in my opinion. To be able to really enjoy the fragrance you have to reapply it every 3 to 4 hours, otherwise the whole thing is a short fun.
The flacon has a cool shape but is otherwise absolutely unspectacular. The glass seems quite thin and also the spray head is nothing special.

Overall, Montblanc Individuel is not a bad fragrance. I really like to wear it on cooler days in autumn and spring, there comes for me the mixture of sweet raspberry and freshness particularly to advantage. However, the scent is neither unique nor does it have any perfomance worth mentioning. At 23 € for 75 ml this purchase has not hurt, however, there are much better candidates for this price.

Amazon1975Amazon1975 2 months ago
It's ok raspberry sweet muskiness and that's all I get. Clean though non offensive for everyday use. Passing resembles to joop homme 6-10
50something50something 2 months ago
I like it.
JMWeedJMWeed 8 months ago
Good scent, not great, solid for the money though, one of the better performers out of a rack store.
MatuxMatux 9 months ago
A better quality Joop! Notes are clearer and esier to get, softer to the nose, more complex.
Blako11Blako11 12 months ago
What I like about this perfume is its strong presence of sandalwood, to me it smells like fine wood and I like the smell of wood.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 1 year ago
The better and more refined Joop Homme. Grab it while its available, I think its discontinued
JFP26JFP26 1 year ago
It's a pleasant synthetic sweet scent. Versatile and for all seasons however it doesn't last. I find it boring and safe. Overall it's ok.
AdamStraightAdamStraight 1 year ago
5.5
Don't believe the hype, this is an annoying, too sweet fruit cocktail outdated scent. You don't need this anymore
TorkeTorke 2 years ago
Jeremy actually said it best: clean sheets with a touch of raspberry.
Pleasent smell, but very synthetic smelling
AMGMoonHaloAMGMoonHalo 2 years ago
Strong aromatic intro. Sweet fresh floral woody clean scent with a touch of spice. It's not gourmand. Compliment worthy.

by Fraenky
by JackyJacky
by JackyJacky
by Roadrunner
by Roadrunner
Die große chinesische Mauer, mein Duft Montblanc Individuel .
by StefaniH
Montblanc in the white
by Itchynose
by Golcher
by Golcher
Kühles Metall mit pfeffriger Gletscherfrische.
by AromaTikka
by Oldish2002
by Sascha1980
by Sascha1980

Popular by Montblanc

Explorer by Montblanc Signature (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Spirit by Montblanc Legend Night by Montblanc Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Intense by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Legend pour Femme by Montblanc Présence d'Une Femme by Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Lady Emblem L'Eau by Montblanc Explorer Ultra Blue by Montblanc Lady Emblem by Montblanc Emblem Intense by Montblanc Emblem by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend pour Femme Special Edition 2014 by Montblanc