Individuel (2003)Eau de Toilette

Individuel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc
Bottle Design Franzrudolf Lehnert

Individuel (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Montblanc for men and was released in 2003. The scent is sweet-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Pierre Bourdon

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Coriander, Lavender, Mint, Rosemary, Juniper berry, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Orange blossom, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Dark chocolate, Oakmoss, Raspberry, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.05.2020.

The Individual Needs That Differ From Each Person
I noticed Montblanc Individuel by chance while looking for another perfume on Youtube, and a video appeared that examined the cheap men's fragrances with an unquestionably significant impact. Vlogger, like many other people on the web, referred to the similarity with Joop! Homme, the dark purple juice that I loved and wore just released in the early nineties. Hence, I pursued research and found that three colognes share the same vibe and common foundation, with a strong orange blossom initial note, such as Joop! Homme (1989), MB Individuel (2003), and Creed Original Santal (2005). The former has appealing qualities, much bolder, opulent and somehow cloying if worn in the wrong season, but was one of the biggest clubbing bombs, instead, this one is more on the aromatic side. About the latter, I have no idea since I never smelled it. So yes, at first glance, the similarity with Joop! Homme is inevitable if you happened to feel it or use it. However, this is only the first impression, because compared side by side the two share the same vibration, the same cherry syrup accord, but then proceed in two separate ways.

As soon as you spray this scent on the skin, you're going to notice that raspberry sweetness, delightful with clean laundry nuances but neither gourmand nor cloying. You can get it from the very beginning up to the dry-down where the note is supposed to be. But, there is also a sort of crisp freshness and balminess coming from the aromatic herbs and spices. My chemistry enhances the odorous notes of icy mint, memory balm rosemary, calming blueish lavender, sparkling coriander leaf, and juniper berry, which rise from the skin pleasantly. Instead, I don't get any citrus notes, yet I seem to catch some fruity pineapple accord, but it could be my nose. Other elements provide a woodier spice accord, such as cardamom and juniper. In this initial stage, Individuel is metallic, grey, a little deep. The cinnamon, raspberry, and juniper notes in Individuel give it a slightly fruity aroma which distinguishes it, in my opinion.

A little while later, there are a bunch of floral notes present, which creates a powdery feel. I can nearly detect individual blossoms like jasmine, violet, and orange flower, surrounded by a touch of green geranium.

Eftsoons, as it dries down, this clean freshness becomes woodier and creamier. The sweetness of the raspberry pairs with vanilla, on top of that sandalwood base. And a touch of amber, which arrives rather quickly for an oriental. A chocolate-like berry note lurks in there, too. Musk and moss hesitate, and I don't get them so pronounced as in Joop!. Thus, a luscious slightly woody scent, with a creaminess, and dotted with cinnamon spice.

Provocative, some people love it, some others hate it. Though, I believe that this scent grows and grows on you, the more you wear it, the more you appreciate it. On my skin, the overall smell highlights juniper berry, raspberry, vanilla, cedarwood. The sweet, fruity aroma makes MB Individuel perfect for those seasons where its neither too warm nor too cold, Autumn and Winter's days fit flawlessly. The projection is pretty good, it's not overwhelming, but not weak either, and I also get moderate longevity, of about the whole day, depending on the weather. Individuel is a solid performer and more than useful, for most occasions. However, for the price, I think it'd be a nice pickup for the late winter or early spring months.
About the perfumer, Pierre Bourdon likes to create pure aura scents using complicated formulas and pyramids, and he does it successfully in Kouros, Cool Water, and Individuel. I love the first two more than the third, but Individuel holds its own and is worthy of Bourdon, and of anyone who wears modern orientals.

This review is based upon a 75ml bottle I own (Batch code i353, Production date 2018-12-19).

Stay well; stay healthy.

-Elysium
MichaNase
Sweet - Woody - Synthetic - But where is the raspberry?
After getting to know Parfumo and reading through various reviews, I actually went on a blind purchase. What can go wrong with a fresh raspberry potion? At that time Individuel was still in the Top 100! I had to like him
So what went wrong? Well, my nose went crooked. I sprayed the scent on my wrist and sniffed. Fresh for a minute, then sweet and woody. What about fruity? The fruit tends to sink in. Well, what about raspberry? I have frozen raspberries every morning and what I smell of fruit at Individuel does not smell like raspberries. Ok, I can imagine that someone can imagine that the fruity component might smell like a raspberry. At least go in the berry direction.
I also can't see any resemblance to fabric-softer/softwash, the sweetness is too heavy and penetrating - and above all the sweetness is too boring for me, because I miss the playfulness. Simply too well-behaved the boy.

Anyway, I was disappointed. The scent then remained rather linear sweet-woody. Over several years I tried again and again to get closer to the scent. But neither of us has warmed up to this day. At the last spraying I was finally annoyed by the sweetness and glad when the smell was gone
However, my colleagues liked the scent! They found my Lacoste pour Homme by far not so good in comparison.
Montblanc the Alps
Montblanc has created a fragrance here that will remain modern for many years to come.
The fragrance is similar to Creed Original Santal.
That's why I affectionately call the Creed Unoriginal Santal, because the Montblanc first saw the light of day.

The fragrance has a beautiful raspberry. Mint and vanilla note. The fragrance is fresh but at the same time fruity and spicy
Personally, I don't like the bottle, because it doesn't sit funny in the hand, and I also don't think the spray head is very good.

For the price, however, the fragrance is an absolute must!

Whoever wants a Creed alternative is in very good hands here.
Was I lucky then?
Anyone who follows the Fragrance YouTuber, especially Jeremy Fragrance, on YouTube will have noticed that Jeremy in particular thinks very highly of this chemotherapy. It is sold as a simple, round office scent. "Fresh, luxurious fabric softener with a raspberry touch" is the classic quote from the YouTuber. Moreover, Montblanc Individual is considered a perfume that resembles Creed Original Santal. If so, then Creed was inspired by Montblanc, because the fragrance was launched only two years after Montblanc Individuel ;-) The two do indeed have a certain similarity, but at Montblanc it smells fruitier.

Individuals actually smell of freshly washed clothes. I still find it very difficult to distinguish the individual nuances of the scent pyramid from each other, it seems to be a little bit of everything, but this melts into a very soft, pleasantly smelling casual perfume. Only the raspberry really stands out, but by no means penetrating, but springlike and delicious.

Now, to the problem. When I leaf through the comments here, it seems that everyone has a different perception of this perfume. Unfortunately, there are several reports (and therefore I really don't believe that they write nonsense) that the perfume smells strongly diluted and soapy. So it seems that Individuel has a strong problem with reformulation. The question is, when did the fragrance seem to change so quickly? In terms of the pure scent character, I can really only say good things about my version! Ok, the durability is a bit lousy, the fragrance has problems to survive the 4 hour mark on the skin, but it fights. Can I get over it a little bit here? But otherwise the perfume is exactly what I expected.

What's really exciting are the batch codes of my bottle: in fact, the batch code on my packaging differs from the one on the bottle. According to Checkfresh, my packaging says it's a 2010 batch, whereas the batch on the bottle is dated 2014... that's odd. Oh yes, I bought the fragrance from Notino back then. The question is, which production year is correct? Anyway, it seems that I was lucky with my batch. But with all the comments, I don't know if I should use up my bottle so quickly, because apparently the new batches are no good. That's why it's really difficult for me to make a recommendation and consider ordering this perfume again.

Refuel energy
I find this fragrance for everyday use, especially in spring / summer very good, especially in terms of price I find this completely acceptable The bottle is not particularly eye-catching, but it's not boring either - I'd say stylish, just like the fragrance itself.
A white shirt, jeans and a simple watch and already you have the matching outfit, which complements the perfume super The fragrance starts floral and fruity through the raspberry which can be strongly perceived through, after a while this becomes very fresh and pleasant, perfect for warmer spring/summer days.
Fresh, fruity, flowery, pure

I like wearing this scent. Mont Blancs Individuel has a fruity and flowery appearance, exudes a clean freshness and even a spicy and masculine fragrance when dried. For me, a real good-tempered perfume. That's why I like it especially in spring; when it starts to green and blossom it is just the right fragrance!

His borrowings from Joop Homme cannot be concealed by individuals, but they seem more complex, more modern, softer and less obtrusive. Sillage and durability are okay for this price range in my opinion. And what I also quickly noticed: Especially women like him...

As a simple and pleasant nose flatterer, this newcomer has its justification. If "merry" could smell, it would smell like Individual...
1.5
Disappointed
I was blinded by the good reviews. Acts extremely penetrating only after soap and this for hours. Unfortunately I read later that it was reformulated and watered down. According to the batch code of April 19. I will dispose of the cheap soap plörre
Somewhere between Creed and Joop
...you can classify this scent. If you get the right batch, there's a full load of raspberry softener. In itself, the fragrance is fresh with a clear tendency towards a ripe raspberry. The durability of 4 to 5 hours and after 7 hours even very close - at least with my batch - is really solid for this price. Especially in everyday life you are in the right place with this fragrance and can't do anything wrong with it. Who wants to call a more modern version of Joop Homme paired with some original Santal his own, this fragrance is exactly the right one.
BeauDeJour
"Like fresh fabric softener"...
...dear Jeremy would say in his golden accent now again!

And he is absolutely right: "Montblanc Individuel" smells like laundry that has been treated with an overdose of extra fresh fabric softener. If you want to smell fresh and clean, you can't get past "MI". Absolutely perfect, mass suitable, fresh fragrance for basically all occasions, but especially for the office.
Of course you can smell the synthetics, and this can hardly be described any other way - but they are never unpleasant or cause headaches like e.g. with "Davidoff Cool Water Wave", which can be really annoying if you dose them too much.

I simply like this slightly sweet, chewing-gum-like berry - to be honest, I hardly smell any of the other scents mentioned here - because it has something original, even "individual". I thought long and hard about what the fragrance reminded me of, even a colleague felt reminded of something he couldn't relate to.
Only recently it occurred to me: Do you remember these gnome-like dolls from the 90s with long pink hair etc.? They smelled so sweet so easily. Oh, it's hard to describe. Just try it out yourself, in the net the juice costs about 25,00 € - therefore the shelf life of approx. 4-5 hours is absolutely forgiving! Simply take out the hip flask and spray to enjoy the wonderful top note again. The Sillage is perceptible in about 4 hours. It's hard to find it because it reminds you of freshly washed laundry. And damn, it's cheap.

Unfortunately, there is also the problem with the batches here.
In July I had tried the fragrance at Malta airport, where it was still available in the Duty Free Shop. I mean that he smelled a little stronger and more berry there, but I can also be wrong. Then I ordered a 30ml bottle from easycosmetics and found the contents to be a bit watery. However, this can be quite well concealed by proper dosing and after-spraying. If the price weren't so cheap, it would definitely bother me. Why such top fragrances are adjusted and watered down remains a mystery forever.

In any case, anyone who wants a really simple, fresh, original men's fragrance should stock up on "MI". I have just smelled again on my hand, yes - order the stuff and just spray 3x as much as usual. Or flies to Malta.
1 or 0
Montblanc Individuel - one of the fragrances with an extremely big difference between the batches. Be on your guard, because either you get the full load of raspberries coming out of the tumble dryer, or you get something soapy, watery, funny..
How do I know that difference? I ordered a bottling that contained an older batch - then ordered a new bottle and I immediately knew "Now it's got me". Unfortunately it was watery, soapy and it is difficult to compare these two fragrances. Too bad Too bad.

The scent:
Fruity raspberry dough mixed with something clean as you know it from clothes that come out of the tumble dryer. So he's a fruity, clean man. You can definitely compare him to Joop Homme - but it's more in the youthful category. In my opinion, this makes it very mass compatible. You can wear it anywhere, anytime. Attention: Synthetic is also unavoidable here, you can smell it too - but I think it's half as wild.

Durability/Sillage:
Good You can expect worse for the price. Lasts me a good 4 hours with decent projection, then 2-3 hours up close.

Flacon:
Anders! But nice. Can be seen and does not work for me in any case inferior.

Conclusion:
Get the older batches, because they are really good! The new batches seem to be diluted away by the bank, no comparison to the good old batches.
Otherwise: A great everyday fragrance that is always and everywhere wearable. If you don't like Joop Homme - try it anyway! This one has a Joop-Homme vibe, but is much more modern.

AithanAithan 175 days ago
Start with sweet opening and end with fresh scent.
Love the fresh base. Can't handle the opening.
Project very strong at opening.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 17 months ago
Very versatile for any kind of weather/situations. As it does everything well it does not excell at anything. A bit boring but a safe buy.
KLewisKLewis 19 months ago
Nice scent but not fantastic longevity. Similar to Creed Original Santal but fruitier, and Joop Homme but not as overpoweringly sweet.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 21 months ago
Overrated and synthetic! Yep very close to Original Santal. If you like the Creed go for this one.
DPArtistDPArtist 24 months ago
Blind buy due to the hype (so much for being 'individual' hey) ; scent is not for me, far too sweet. But maybe the ladies will like it...
MrHonestMrHonest 3 years ago
Am I the only one who gets chocolate? Really dig your nose in...it's in there. Not my fav from the house, but a solid "city" frag + value.

by Fraenky
by Refresh
Montblanc in the white
by Itchynose
by ErhanSaceros
Die große chinesische Mauer, mein Duft Montblanc Individuel .
by StefaniH
by Thecombad
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Montblanc

Explorer by Montblanc Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Spirit by Montblanc Legend Night by Montblanc Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Intense by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend pour Femme by Montblanc Présence d'Une Femme by Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Emblem Intense by Montblanc Lady Emblem L'Eau by Montblanc Legend pour Femme Special Edition 2014 by Montblanc Emblem by Montblanc Lady Emblem by Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2012 by Montblanc Femme Individuelle by Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2013 by Montblanc Emblem Absolu by Montblanc