Individuel (2003) Eau de Toilette

Individuel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc
Bottle Design Franzrudolf Lehnert

Individuel (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Montblanc for men and was released in 2003. The scent is sweet-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Pierre Bourdon

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Coriander, Lavender, Mint, Rosemary, Juniper berry, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Orange blossom, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Dark chocolate, Oakmoss, Raspberry, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.12.2019.

7.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Somewhere between Creed and Joop
...you can classify this scent. If you get the right batch, there's a full load of raspberry softener. In itself, the fragrance is fresh with a clear tendency towards a ripe raspberry. The durability of 4 to 5 hours and after 7 hours even very close - at least with my batch - is really solid for this price. Especially in everyday life you are in the right place with this fragrance and can't do anything wrong with it. Who wants to call a more modern version of Joop Homme paired with some original Santal his own, this fragrance is exactly the right one.
8.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

BeauDeJour
"Like fresh fabric softener"...
...dear Jeremy would say in his golden accent now again!

And he is absolutely right: "Montblanc Individuel" smells like laundry that has been treated with an overdose of extra fresh fabric softener. If you want to smell fresh and clean, you can't get past "MI". Absolutely perfect, mass suitable, fresh fragrance for basically all occasions, but especially for the office.
Of course you can smell the synthetics, and this can hardly be described any other way - but they are never unpleasant or cause headaches like e.g. with "Davidoff Cool Water Wave", which can be really annoying if you dose them too much.

I simply like this slightly sweet, chewing-gum-like berry - to be honest, I hardly smell any of the other scents mentioned here - because it has something original, even "individual". I thought long and hard about what the fragrance reminded me of, even a colleague felt reminded of something he couldn't relate to.
Only recently it occurred to me: Do you remember these gnome-like dolls from the 90s with long pink hair etc.? They smelled so sweet so easily. Oh, it's hard to describe. Just try it out yourself, in the net the juice costs about 25,00 € - therefore the shelf life of approx. 4-5 hours is absolutely forgiving! Simply take out the hip flask and spray to enjoy the wonderful top note again. The Sillage is perceptible in about 4 hours. It's hard to find it because it reminds you of freshly washed laundry. And damn, it's cheap.

Unfortunately, there is also the problem with the batches here.
In July I had tried the fragrance at Malta airport, where it was still available in the Duty Free Shop. I mean that he smelled a little stronger and more berry there, but I can also be wrong. Then I ordered a 30ml bottle from easycosmetics and found the contents to be a bit watery. However, this can be quite well concealed by proper dosing and after-spraying. If the price weren't so cheap, it would definitely bother me. Why such top fragrances are adjusted and watered down remains a mystery forever.

In any case, anyone who wants a really simple, fresh, original men's fragrance should stock up on "MI". I have just smelled again on my hand, yes - order the stuff and just spray 3x as much as usual. Or flies to Malta.
1.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

1 or 0
Montblanc Individuel - one of the fragrances with an extremely big difference between the batches. Be on your guard, because either you get the full load of raspberries coming out of the tumble dryer, or you get something soapy, watery, funny..
How do I know that difference? I ordered a bottling that contained an older batch - then ordered a new bottle and I immediately knew "Now it's got me". Unfortunately it was watery, soapy and it is difficult to compare these two fragrances. Too bad Too bad.

The scent:
Fruity raspberry dough mixed with something clean as you know it from clothes that come out of the tumble dryer. So he's a fruity, clean man. You can definitely compare him to Joop Homme - but it's more in the youthful category. In my opinion, this makes it very mass compatible. You can wear it anywhere, anytime. Attention: Synthetic is also unavoidable here, you can smell it too - but I think it's half as wild.

Durability/Sillage:
Good You can expect worse for the price. Lasts me a good 4 hours with decent projection, then 2-3 hours up close.

Flacon:
Anders! But nice. Can be seen and does not work for me in any case inferior.

Conclusion:
Get the older batches, because they are really good! The new batches seem to be diluted away by the bank, no comparison to the good old batches.
Otherwise: A great everyday fragrance that is always and everywhere wearable. If you don't like Joop Homme - try it anyway! This one has a Joop-Homme vibe, but is much more modern.
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Oldish2002
Great one for colder seasons
This is a great creation. I really enjoy wearing this one. Not too strong, not too harsh. Perfect for casual wear (of course, careful with the trigger). I like to use it in the fall and a bit in the early of winter. Some are using it in the spring as well, but I don't. Great for hanging out with friends as well. A bit sweet and also a fresh touch.
That raspberry feel makes it so approachable and warm. VERY cheap for the quality inside the bottle. A nice bottle and pretty unique juice. Not so many people are using it in my surroundings and that's why I love it so much. I always get questions like "what is this ? hmm.. what are you wearing ? you smell so .. different". I really appreciate some uniqueness in a fragrance. I guess we all do and this one has it. When it comes to performance .. Excellent for me. 6-7 hours , maybe pushing 8 with decent projection of 1.5/2 hours. For the price we pay, this is more than enough. I will always come back for this one because I really like it and it gets the job done.
Overall : 7.5/10
8.0 6.0 6.0 7.0/10

Price/Performance
I think the relationship between price and performance of this fragrance is very good. It's nothing special but not 0815 either. The bottle is well crafted and fits perfectly into the bag because it's quite thin. Durability and Sillage are not very convincing
7.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Ubiquitous individuality
It's fresh, fruity, sweet, clean and possibly Montblanc's biggest hit since the advent of the fountain pen.

Individuel's raspberry and clean laundry combo has become such a popular scent in recent years that it almost feels wrong to jump on an already crowded bandwagon but it is hard to find anything to dislike about this fragrance. This is a modern smelling juice with enough personality to stand out from the many sweet-but-manly scents in the market these days. Versatility is another factor explaining Individuel's success: it's practically an office safe cologne in small doses and a sweet party beast when sprayed without a care.

All in all Individuel smells great, performs well and it's likely to remain a permanent presence in many men's fragrance rotations.
7.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Safe bet
It's nothing groundbreaking. It's not challenging. While it's not too cheap smelling, it's not high quality. It's not the sort of thing you'd wear if you wanted to impress or make an impact.

But...

It's cosy and comfortable, it's nice (hate that word, but it fits), it's safe, projects decently and lasts rather well.

It's the sort of thing you'd wear if you wanted to smell good but not stand out. Perfect for those 'meh' dumb reach days. It's the sort of thing you could wear to the office and not have people bat an eyelid. It's the sort of thing you could wear taking your kids to their friends' parties. It's the sort of thing you'd wear to do the food shopping.

It's sweet without being cloying, spicy without being raucous and fruity without being overpowering.

Is it worth the hype? Probably not. I only bought it because of the hype, but almost two years in, I still find myself grabbing it when the occasion suits. Not the sort of fragrance to buy if you're only looking to buy one fragrance.

Definitely better in the cooler months, but pretty much a no-brainer for the cost (under €20 for 100ml), caveats accepted.

You won't get compliments by the bucket load, but you'll certainly be told you smell 'nice'.

A solid 7/10.

Fresh Scent
It was the SOTD as of 12/04/18, the scent comes to my nose and skin as fresh fabric softener which is not a bad thing. Do sense the vanilla as powdery, and catching the Raspberry and dark chocolate on the dry down. Longevity /Performance a solid 8 hrs plus on my skin, again it varies on skin/body chemistry. The scent/sillage is not unique but is a fruity / sweet scent.

Longevity/Performance: 4/5
Scent/Sillage: 3.5/5

Overall rating is a 7.5/10
8.0 7.0 5.0 7.5/10

Modern joop, fruity santal
Montblanc Individuel begins with a sweet, fruity opening where the use of raspberry is instantly noticeable, but it also holds a freshness thanks to the floral notes and a nice use of mint. As it starts to develop, I get some more floral notes and the wood notes start to shine through a lot more with sandalwood standing out the most before the vanilla and tonka bean come in, but throughout the whole thing there is still that scent of raspberry.

I've seen this scent compared to two other scents, Joop Homme and Creed Original Santal. It's been a while since I last smelled Joop Homme, but I can definitely tell there are similarities here, the main difference for me being that Individuel doesn't smell as sickly sweet to me which is what I didn't like about Joop Homme, Individuel seems like a modern take the scent.

I'm comparing Individuel to Creed Original Santal right now and again there are similarities, the main difference, besides the obvious use of higher quality ingredients from Creed, is that Original Santal is definitely pushing more of the wooden notes in the fragrance and also smells a bit more "powdery" I guess, not to mention how much stronger the scent is. When Individuel starts to lose some of the powerful fruity notes, the scents get a bit closer, but it will always retain that raspberry note keeping it fruitier and Original Santal more wooden in comparison.

Individuel is a nice scent, I definitely prefer it over Joop Homme and it is similar to Creed Original Santal, though not similar enough to be labeled as a clone, particularly because it was released 2 year prior. This scent is very much a safe scent, it's pleasing but there is nothing really special about it, I said the same thing about Original Santal and that leads me on to who I believe this scent is for, I have this scent because a £25 scent smelling similar to a £200+ scent is a lot better than it being the other way around, it's a very nice everyday scent and it's not going to cost you much at all, in fact it's probably one of the nicest fragrances I've tried at this price.
7.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Ajlen
When the scent becomes a matter of luck
Clone or no clone, that's the question. No, not really. It's definitely not a clone. Nevertheless, I can understand the association well - Individuel immediately reminds me of Joop Homme. However, in the form of a modernized update.

Fruity and sweet and very raspberry. And yet there is also a minty freshness that distantly reminds me of Versaces Eros. There in combination with the apple, here with the raspberry. In terms of content, however, this works almost identically. In general, I see strong parallels to Eros in the whole style. As the fragrance progresses, it becomes more floral, but also more woody at the same time, before entering the vanilla-tonka base. The sweet fruity berry note lingers in a weakened form until the end. All in all, however, the course in practice seems much more linear than the list of ingredients would suggest.

If you compare it to Joop Homme, Montblanc Individuel is much more contemporary. Not only do I feel it fresher, I feel it's somehow more transparent. In addition, despite its sweetness, it also clearly transports the modern clean man. This makes it versatile and portable. Strong enough to be noticed, but not too intense for the office. Pretty well balanced, for my taste. I can't draw comparisons to Creeds Original Santal for lack of test by the way.

So I can assess the fragrance itself as positive throughout. But I find these obvious quality problems from batch to batch unspeakable. Smaller deviations are known. And so are reformulations. But I can't understand the fluctuations that are thrown at the market here. Can and should something like this be included in the overall evaluation? I think so. If I have to test three bottles to get "the right" scent, I don't understand anymore.

Fragrance: Strong
Price: Convincing
Quality: A matter of luck
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Farneon
The "Golden Raspberry" goes to ...
... Montblanc! :-) Yes, I know, it actually stands for badly made, trashy films, but the association was just so fitting. And apart from the Hollywood business, there is nothing wrong with a refined sweet fruit, at least not when it comes to Pafum. With as many as 21 ingredients mentioned here, it is nevertheless not difficult to smell out this one, the raspberry immediately. She is cute as you would expect her to be, but I don't expect her to be so dominant in an EDT. But this is also called "Individuel", a name that is valid from the first spray of its justification.

The raspberry is of course appropriately packed here, wrapped in some mint and other herbs. It thrives on a bed of musk and wood shavings, a few fallen flowers lie around to exude its residual scent. And yes, with a bit of imagination my nose can also perceive a slightly chocolaty undertone. Overall, however, I am pleased that the raspberry does not come across with additional sugar. Because this way the sweetness stays in a very pleasant and for me as a fan of fresh fragrances compatible frame.

Luckily (for me) they don't give the whole thing an earthy and/or prudish base to make the fragrance more gentlemanly, but also more old-fashioned. All in all, this creates a summery sweetness that suits the harvest time of the raspberry and which I associate more with a Berlin white berry than with fruit gum. "Individuel" convinces me (outside the price of around 30 € for 100 ml) as a year-round fragrance for every occasion. I just have to feel like it, but it's easy once a week. All done right, Mr Bourdon, I would say! :-)

PS: Could also pass as unisex scent with a slightly more pronounced flower content!
10.0 10.0 10.0 1.0/10

Spice Shop
If you like spicy scents then this one might be for you. If you want to try the fragrance without spending the money, try Nike Brown Men at around AUD10.00 or Gold Spray by Al Haramain.

On a spiciness level between 1 to 3, with 1 being least spicy and 3 being most spicy Montblanc is (1) much cleaner smoother then Nike Brown Man (2) and Gold Spray by Al Haramain (3) being the most spicy fragrance. I think that Montblanc and Nike Brown Man are almost identical on the dry down though.

The test of a perfume depends on whether or not you would buy it again. Personally, I wouldn't buy another bottle.
8.0 3.0 4.0 5.0/10

Unfortunately not like before
Sadly, the perfume has nothing to do with how I remember it...
The smell has become soapy and the durability is so bad that even D&G The One Edt makes this one look old...
Very bad!
Batch is by the way 08H22H123
8.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Hyped?
I think that this one is pretty hard to screw up. It maybe wouldn’t be appropriate at a funeral, other than that I think you’ll be ok.
Also it probably is more of a fall/winter type of frag... but I guess it is up to you.

The scent itself is like a sweeter, yet fresh but still a bit powdery kind of feel with raspberry on top.
8.0 8.0 10.0 8.0/10

TravellerDK
Nice and cheap fragrance for colder days
Fabric softener and raspberries in a bottle - this is what I smell. It last all day and then some without problems. I think it is a strong scent, so be careful with the sprays. Use for casual everyday, work/university. Can be used dressed up, since I still think it's a nice clean scent. I honestly have been thinking about giving it away, but when the cold hits this is one I am reaching for.
10.0 9.0 9.0 7.5/10

it's not the flanker!
I know most accuse mont blanc of dooping creeds original santal but thats actually not true Why because Mont blanc individual was on the market before Original santal! so if any thing you could say creed flanked mont blanc ;) well lets now say my last piece on this if you have to make a choice between the two get this one it's better with better performance and you can get many bottles of this to last you pretty much most your life for the same price as one of the creeds so please save your money! :)

it's a little soapy on the opening then turns fruty sweet with the raspberry
I will be honest I did not like it the first time I did try it out in public and was tailed by two women trying to get as close to me as possible without talking to me so it works quite nicely :)

trying it again 8 months later I have found that I like it now
and it is completely affordable with excellent performance at least get a tester

Joseph God Bless
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Individuel Bargin
Montblanc Individual in my opinion is the best releases from this house. A very clean and aromatic fresh scent. There is also some sweetness provided by the Tonka bean, Raspberry and the Vanilla notes, There is more than a resemblance to Creed Santal as mentioned on various reviews although this was released first, Also it has been compared to the original Joop. although only slightly. This more refined and not as cloying as Joop . If you dont want to spend too much on a fragrance or just want to add this to a collection this is perfect.

Occasion wise this could be worn all year round apart form extreme heat as there is some sweetness but this is purely subjective, Montblanc Individual is perfect for work environment or socialising during the day or night. The projection / Silage is good for the first 3-4 hours and also above average longevity. Go easy on the trigger as this could potentially be over sprayed depending on skin type. This would make a good blind buy and I have to say this is a quality of this release from Montblanc.

The bottle design is simple but effective.

Overall scent 8.0
7.0/10

Mont Blanc "Joop Santal"
It does indeed share similarities to both Joop Homme & Creed's Original Santal. A very nice scent at a good price :)

~ MB "Santal" ~
When a designer fragrance is compared to a niche typically it's a compliment. If a similar designer scent is routinely considered equal to or better than the niche that is high praise! And this is what you will find in this mainstream Mont Blanc Indivduel as it is often compared to Creed's own Original Santal. I know it sounds over simplified but this edt's opening reminds me of my favorite chocolate and raspberry candy with the dry down reminding me of perhaps the worlds greatest smelling fabric softener, no need to get complicated here. It is very linear and that is just fine by me as this budget scent gives a very desirable sweet yet fresh ride from start to finish. Oh and the bottle design would looks right at home between any of my favorite Chanel's.
7.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

nothing special
it's interesting to see "individual" among the top perfumes of parfumonet. first of all it doesnt have the quality and punches nose with its synthetic notes. it's sweet like hell, as a sweet fragrance lover i couldnt tolerate this one. longevity and sillage are only good things that we can talk about.

Aithan 5 days ago
Start with sweet opening and end with fresh scent.
Love the fresh base. Can't handle the opening.
Project very strong at opening.+1
Carlitos01 11 months ago
Very versatile for any kind of weather/situations. As it does everything well it does not excell at anything. A bit boring but a safe buy.+5
KLewis 14 months ago
Nice scent but not fantastic longevity. Similar to Creed Original Santal but fruitier, and Joop Homme but not as overpoweringly sweet.+2
5.0
JoaoMartins 15 months ago
Overrated and synthetic! Yep very close to Original Santal. If you like the Creed go for this one.
4.0
4.0
DPArtist 18 months ago
Blind buy due to the hype (so much for being 'individual' hey) ; scent is not for me, far too sweet. But maybe the ladies will like it...+1
9.0
MrHonest 2 years ago
Am I the only one who gets chocolate? Really dig your nose in...it's in there. Not my fav from the house, but a solid "city" frag + value.

by Fraenky
by Refresh
Montblanc in the white
by Itchynose
by ErhanSaceros
Die große chinesische Mauer, mein Duft Montblanc Individuel .
by StefaniH
by Thecombad
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Montblanc

Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Explorer by Montblanc Legend Spirit by Montblanc Legend Intense by Montblanc Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Night by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc by Montblanc Emblem by Montblanc Legend pour Femme by Montblanc Présence d'Une Femme by Montblanc Emblem Intense by Montblanc Femme Individuelle by Montblanc Lady Emblem by Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Lady Emblem L'Eau by Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2012 by Montblanc Femme Individuelle Special Edition Soul & Senses by Montblanc Legend pour Femme Special Edition 2014 by Montblanc Emblem Absolu by Montblanc