Legend (2011) Eau de Toilette

Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc

Legend (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Montblanc for men and was released in 2011. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Bergamot, Lavender, Litsea cubeba
Heart Notes Heart NotesOakmoss
Base Notes Base NotesEvernyl, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by Skylab, last update on 21.10.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is Simon Clark.

A Nice Reach
SOTD: Montblanc Legend: As of 01/10/19

To my nose is a good scent, I detect the pineapple, apple, lavender and Tonka Bean. Pineapple is one my new favorite note. Like again people in Fragcom compare this fragrance to A&E Fierce and I don't own Fierce. It's a brief review. Is a nice dumb reach and versatile, good for all seasons.

Rating

Scent: 7.0/10
Presentation/Design: 7.5/10
Value: 7/10
Longevity/Performance: 8/10: Lasted on my skin/skin scent around between 8-10+ hrs
Overall: 7/10
7.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

Not bad.
After statement and comment response I have to take a stand for the legend. Although the fragrance establishment says he has a shower gel synthetics and he can't shine in any discipline, I think he is really successful as a representative of his fragrance.
After experiencing the Fierce DNA for the first time in 2002 in a Kohl's supermarket in Denver - at that time still as perfumy-oriented as a cold sock - I've been looking for a long time for a summer scent that plays this song. First, because I wasn't ready in the USA to spend so many stones for a scented water, and back in the old world again, because you could hardly get your hands on it here.
A decade later, the accidental discovery in the miller: Black, heavy bottle with a small, but well-dispersing sprayer and plastic lid with a full click. Still no ambitions in the hobby, which should catch me again a short decade later, just tried it, but immediately recognized: This other, NOT showery fruitiness (my shower gel at that time was called Cliff), this NOT aquatic warmth, this, at least initially NOT sweet seduction (I'm open for suitable, existing synonyms), that was Fierce! How dare you! Clearly the same fragrance! NO! Because what Legend lacked was performance, endurance, projection, presence. Anyway, it was bought anyway, and I was happy because I finally had my perfume. And believe me, among non-perfume junkies it is well received, and has enormous recognition value.
As I said, a few years later, PARFUMO came into the house, and besides many new experiences, also an original flacon Fierce. Directly from the relatives in the USA, one fears the forgeries. But what was that? Top note: Check. But Legend is still coming along. Fierce: Fruity, broader, slightly orange (?) even. Legend: The slender pineapple looks good on him, makes him colder, clears out the DNA and gives him more freshness, although Legend is more reserved, but also more mature than Fierce. Heart note: Check. Legend and Fierce don't give each other anything here. In the base, Legend becomes warmer and more conciliatory with the Tonka, but remains fresh and suitable for summer because of its metallic, almost pencil-like base, whereas Fierce does not develop magnificently, but simply fades away. BUT. In the reformulation (black cap), Fierce is not nearly as durable as before. Doesn't even play in the same league anymore, maybe because the dosage of oakmoss has fallen victim to newer regulatives?
Be that as it may, SO Legend is just as persistent, but at the same time lighter and more multi-faceted, though at the same time actually a bit more synthetic.
So Fierce sold again, Legend now sprayed down to 10ml.
But this is not the end of the fragrance journey. The DNA fascinates me so much, and apart from Aventus (and Fierce 2002) no other summer scent could really knock me down.
So the souk was combed for Legend (Fierce?) alternatives: Platinum Egoiste? Too much suit, too little summer suit. Tous Man Intense? Cheaper and more durable, but even heavier than Egoiste (and even more orange than Fierce). Just Cavalli Him? Pleasing, beautiful depleted top note (paprika), but does not last. Legend Intense? See Tous Man. 701 from the blatant German scent copier? Like all fragrances offered there only 128 mBit (we understand each other).
Away from Legend only Police with To be - the Illusionist could offer me a valuable alternative. But this one is too close to the reformulated Fierce, and therefore from my side an unrestricted purchase recommendation to its target group.
I still have the aviator of Paris Bleu, but I don't have much hope (and at the moment it doesn't seem to be that easy to get, even though it's cheap).
That's why Legend definitely does what he does right. It enriches the Fierce DNA in a more adult direction, also makes it suitable for the office and for me as an Ü40 year-round fragrance not so easily replaceable.
So the search goes on, as so often...
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Adan
It's gonna be legen... wait for it...
I have to admit that Montblanc Legend is - the longer I look at it - more interesting than I initially thought. Montblanc Legend is a "Fierce" scent, a copy of Abercrombie's "Fierce".
Many years ago a Dior representative stood in the Kurfürstenparfümerie, that must have been around 2011 or 2012, a time when I still had a great love for Creed's "Green Irish Tweed" and "Cool Water" (and the love for Cool Water is back). He said that "Fierce" by Abercrombie is now the "new generation" of these fragrances, a statement I only understand today where I smell Montblanc's Legend.
First of all: I have never actually smelled "Fierce" by Abercrombie, but I'm sure I know what to expect when I smell it, there are many scents that can be compared to it:
Montblanc Legend, Le Beau Male by Jean Paul Gaultier, Dior Homme Eau for Men, even the Axe Apollo Body Spray and Shower Gel, all these scents have a certain opening that I would call a "Deospray" chord.
If you smell Legend a few minutes later, you can smell an element that somehow reminds you of black ink, pretty much like the black ink you can buy from Montblanc for the fountain pens. And when you smell it again, you smell "Cool Water Quotes". However, unlike Cool Water, Montblanc Legend is not tangy and aquatic, but slightly sweeter. If you leave Montblanc Legend on your skin for a longer time or on a strip of paper overnight, you can smell ambroxan here too (take "Molecule 02" by Escentric Molecules as a reference). Ambroxan on a very pleasant level, which was later turned up much louder in "Sauvage" by Dior.

Legend is therefore actually an interesting fragrance for me, because you can follow the development of the "Fougere" genre of the last 30 years a little:
In the beginning there was Cool Water / Green Irish Tweed, then came Fierce / Montblanc Legend, then came fragrances a la Bleu de Chanel and Sauvage from Dior. And Aventus by Creed moves somewhere in between, between a very classic base as you can find it in Cool Water, but away from the aquatic to the smoky leathery.
All these fragrances are very successful on their own and for each of them there are several traditions that they should be very well received by women.

I have to conclude by saying that Montblanc Legend is nothing special to me now about perfume as an art, but the craftsmanship, the composition behind this fragrance is very solid and the quality you get for the Zwanni that you have to flip through the net for it is really excellent What I have dared with this fragrance is: Layering with Dior Homme. If you lay Dior Homme and Montblanc Legend, you get relatively close to Dior Homme Eau for Men, but somehow better.

...dary.
8.0 8.0 7.0 4.0/10

Farneon
I don't know what to do with this "legend"
Well, I don't know the much praised "Fierce" and it should stay that way if "Legend" is supposed to be practically its twin fragrance. Alleged romantic or not: with "Individuel", "Starwalker" and "Présence" I have three wonderful Montblanc fragrances, each with its own character, from fruity to fresh to sweet ... "Legend" unfortunately makes an exception for me and is - as so often - the proof that the truism "Kennste einen, kennste alle" in the fragrance world only very rarely applies.

I find "Legend" quite intrusive, without being able to smell any fragrance. For me, a synthetic, bright-fresh fruit covers everything else here. It may be a pineapple extract, but it could be anything else. Underneath, discreet greenish and sweetish notes give the Klnke a hand. This undertaking may be well-intentioned, because it somehow looks like a bridge between old and young, classic and trendy, work and leisure ... Only unfortunately in my eyes it was not successful.

I simply can't associate anything with "Legend", neither the day in the office nor the cuddly sofa corner, neither a night spent drinking through nor activity in the great outdoors, neither a rainy city day nor the sunny sandy beach on holiday. Nothing really fits into this overall olfactory picture for me. Ergo "Legend" is simply nothing for me, but costs me nerves with every sprayer. But you can't "smell nice" something you don't like. From ndaher "Legend" remains for me unfortunately a disoriented and for it much too shrill fragrance porridge.
9.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

Umomo
I was surprised after all...
...because I honestly didn't expect much.

Of course it is not a scent of the century or a real substitute to my still missing Eau pour homme by Armani in the original version.

But... it's the more mature Fierce for me. I can't really describe the reason for this, but I feel it is even less synthetic than the smell of A&F.

Actually I rather like classics, but their reformulations make you shudder.

Now I think that I have found a frequent companion in Legend especially because there is a nice series with shower gel, deodorant and after shave balm. I consider their quality to be absolutely good and also very suitable.

In short, it doesn't knock me out with joy and after a lot of shopping in search of a new signature, maybe it's just this solidity and cloud 4 that I like here.
Besides I find H&S for exactly fitting, not exaggerated...but always enough available.

7.0 6.0 6.0 6.0/10

MasterLi
An awesome opening, and an overall nice scent.
I did like this one. It reminded me of how much I like fruit done right in a fragrance. It reminds me a little of Aventus by Creed but only in the initial opening. I don't find this fragrance controversial or offensive at all. In fact I think that anyone and everyone would like this.

I like the apple and pineapple aspects, and the lavender mid and the woody base. Yes it's been done before in other male-marketed fragrances, but it's still a really nice fragrance. I would personally wear it. It's great, it works for almost any occasion, and is inoffensive and interesting enough for people to notice and be intrigued. This has been my first time trying a fragrance from Mont Blanc and personally I think it's a good one.
5.0 7.5 5.0 4.0/10

K1
A fruity fougere and a memory of past's manly men's after shave colognes!
Legend is a straight, soft and easy going fragrance. A fruity fragrance with nuances of lavender and floral notes at the base. The fruity patch reminds me Aventus a bit. But not that translucent, Legend is dust-covered a little.
You may not get enough compliment, buy you never gain any negative neither. It's a safe fragrance you can wear everywhere. But don't try to expose yourself with it, it's a not a perfume for you otherwise.
4/10
5.0 5.0 7.5 9.5/10

pineapple !
Fruity and aquatic , fresh and clean although a little old and common .The sillage is good in the summer. i had 2 bottle of it and three different woman asked me about my perfume . women like it :)

Itchynose 148 days ago
A great fruity opening –more apple than pineapple– is ruined by earthy synthetic notes (oakmoss, evernyl) the scent could have done without.
6.0
6.0
5.0
DPArtist 17 months ago
A really beautiful scent. I have a sample + bottles of 'Intense' and 'Spirit' which I love. Less sweetness here but more lavender freshness+1
9.0

by Michael
by NasiGoreng
by NasiGoreng

Popular Montblanc

Individuel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Explorer by Montblanc Legend Spirit by Montblanc Legend Intense by Montblanc Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Night by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc by Montblanc Emblem by Montblanc Legend pour Femme by Montblanc Présence d'Une Femme by Montblanc Emblem Intense by Montblanc Femme Individuelle by Montblanc Lady Emblem by Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Lady Emblem L'Eau by Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2012 by Montblanc Femme Individuelle Special Edition Soul & Senses by Montblanc Legend pour Femme Special Edition 2014 by Montblanc