Legend Intense (2013)

Legend Intense by Montblanc

Legend Intense is a perfume by Montblanc for men and was released in 2013. The scent is fruity-woody. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pineapple
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Red apple, Hercules' club, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean, White cedar, Ambergris, Oakmoss

Submitted by Moriarty, last update on 16.04.2019

6.0 6.0 7.0 6.5/10

Fragrance with Pitstop !
This Flanker does not become a legend for me, but it is definitely more varied than the Legend.

Legend Intense starts with a crunchy fresh fruitiness, which is not too sweet and brings a strong sillage in the first half hour. That citric pineapple is delicious! But the trip to the tropics doesn't last too long, because already after about 3/4 hour the MLI invites us into a slightly petrol containing garage, whose screwdriver mist contrasts for my feeling a little too strongly with the pineapple lying above it, which is now increasingly watering down. Although still perceptible, it soon remains only monosyllabic and thin in the background. This mixture of fruit and lead has the Legend better on it, it seems more harmonious and discreetly balanced, although more monotonous. After all, he essentially relies on the "pencil" warmth of the tonka bean. It still gets through with the Intense, but only hours later, after the garage door opens again and we now step out into a pleasant wooden environment, which from now on becomes the mild base of the fragrance.

Altogether Legend Intense looks male as well as lovely at the same time and I can certify him a good Sillage and durability. However, I am more into linear fragrances, so he is out of the question for me. If, on the other hand, you prefer it varied [first fruit, then lead, then wood], this Montblanc is certainly the most versatile Legend - along with Pitstop in the heart note.
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

DPArtist
A real Legend in the making.
The Montblanc 'Legend' fragrance line is surely one of the most consistently solid lines in the designer scent market. So far my preference has been for Legend spirit (LS) over the Legend original (LO), mainly because I'm a lover of fresh scents, particularly at this time of the year. That said after scoring samples in a store for both LS and LO it wasn't such an easy choice at first but the fantastic white freshie won in the end and I bought a bottle.

So to Legend intense (LI). I tried this in a store in (my old home town) London as it was impossible to find here in France where I live, I just didn't want to blind buy. A couple of sprays on my forearm and it was love or rather 'lust' at first sniff. It just smells so lushly aromatic and classy. Fruity, woody and sweet but not cloying. The notes of red apple, pineapple, bergamot, cardamom and tonka join forces to create something incredibly alluring. In the background are some floral notes (jasmine), ambergris and oak moss on the sturdy woodsy and resinous base. I don't know what pepperwood/hercules' club smells like but perhaps it's this note that gives Legend Intense another little something special too.

A warm spring day, walking along (the typically hectic) Oxford street catching wafts of this captivating scent (I must've looked odd in the rush hour human traffic sniffing my arm every now and then, but in this eccentric city anything goes!). The evening signaled a heavy metal concert and the excellent 'Machine Head' in a packed-out, hot and sweat-inducing venue. After the show, on the train home dripping with sweat and a change of t shirt I was amazed that I could still smell the Legend Intense on my arm. Like a previous reviewer said, it (still) smelled almost good enough to eat.

Upon receiving my bottle I tested the fragrance. Sprayed at 7pm I could still smell it on my arm at 10am the morning after, it would've lasted longer if I hadn't taken a shower, so longevity is very good. Sillage and projection are more moderate but still decent. My sprayer is stiffer than on the LS bottle so it's either a big spray or nothing (maybe I got a dud), great looking bottle though, as usual with the Legend range.

With LI I have discovered (another) new favourite. I'm really impressed. To my nose this is a magnificent fragrance, class in a bottle. It beats the original as an all round, all seasons scent and is longer lasting too as you would hope for given it's name. It seems more complex and interesting than the original too, there's more going on but it never seems too much. LI is one of those fragrances that could be worn in any situation (except perhaps extreme heat) and will garner nods of approval and turn heads rather than offend. Just bear in mind you'll be continually sniffing yourself! Here's hoping the ladies like this scent as much as I do and if they don't, well they're just going to have to miss out then!

I just hope it doesn't get discontinued (if it isn't already) as it wasn't so easy to find for me. With Legend Spirit I found a gem, with Legend Intense I unearthed a real treasure. My advice-get it now.
9.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

The intense versatile proposal
- Montblanc Legend is a very good, enjoyable, alluring, quality fragrance!
- Montblanc Legend Intense is better!
- I prefer Montblanc Legend Intense to Fierce or Sauvage! - just my personal opinion.
- Montblanc Legend Intense is one of the most Aromatic, Fruity, Woody, Fougéres together with other examples like Versace Dylan Blue and Versace Eros! - but Montblanc Legend Intense is less expensive and has a nicer and more elegant flask.
- Montblanc Legend Intense has a nice strong scent and slightly above average performance for its notes; it smells sweet but it's not cloying and it's really fresh. It has a gorgeous opening, a perfect blending with the middle notes and a fantastic, sensual dry down, although giving you an average sillage..

My rates for Montblanc Legend Intense:
- Scent Opening:...........9.0 (my judgement, classy and hard to beat as an aromatic fruity woody fougére)
- Scent Drydown:..........8.5 (sweet, resinous, grassy and woody but low projection after 2 hours)
- Longevity:....................7.5 ( 7 hours with 3 sprays)
- Sillage:..........................7.5 (sillage peak at 4~6 feet, projection for the initial 2.5 hours with 3 sprays)
- Versatility:....................9.0 (very good for almost any situation)
- Wearability..................8.5 (a bit fresh to be safe to wear it in cold days and nights; do use it day or night during Fall, Spring and Summer.)
- Compliments...............9.0 (very serious compliment grabber)
- Uniqueness:.................8.0 (similarities with some upscale fragrances and it's a flanker the "normal" Legend, probably its major competitor)
- Quality:.........................9.0 (it smells very expensive and classy; nice sturdy flask; excelent sprayer)
- Presentation:...............9.0 (beautiful bottle, very good over all attention to detail)
- Price:.............................9.0 (€23,25 for a tester 100 ml + shipping)

Average: 8.54/10.00
I strongly recomend this fragrance. As it is one of the most underrated quality designer fragrances, its price remains very attractive. That's our profit.
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

I love this scent!
Legend Intense is an extremely versatile fragrance that can be worn any time of year, for just about any occasion, day or night. It smells incredible and garners more compliments than other fragrances costing 10 times as much. A real winner!
8.0 6.0 6.0 7.5/10

MrHonest
Sweeeeet and creamy tonka, red apple and cedar.
I made the mistake one day of wearing this while lifting weights. Strangely enough, as off-putting as the sweetness was, I could never really shake the association. Now, every time I lift, I like to wear a spray of this stuff on my left forearm and have a sniff anytime I need to get angry. Hahaha. And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...But does this really smell like a ripped guy with his shirt off? Meh. It's too sweet and powdery, really. Fierce references aside, I think it's a very good scent that takes the original Legend and adds some density and character.

The opening blast is fruity - pineapple, apple, a tinge of spiciness and a whole lot of creamy tonka. The similarity to Fierce is obvious, but this just feels more rounded around the edges. There's absolutely no citrus that I can detect, since the overwhelming impression is sugary and casual - almost like a candy apple, without the caramel. The scent remains linear, but becomes very powdery 2 hours in, almost to the point of inducing nausea in extremely hot weather. So save this stuff for the autumn, winter and spring. Longevity is ok, but the projection is weak. Decent for cuddling, but not so much for the outdoors, unless you spray your clothes.

If you're a fan of the original, you'll probably like this even more. According to the reviews online, that's pretty much universal. Personally, I really like it for its general appeal with the youngsters. In fact, 4 out of the 5 (younger) women I asked about it, prefer the smell over La Nuit. I almost crumpled in shock, but there you go. I just wish the projection was better dang it. Plus, the atomizer on my bottle is a squirter. Not sure if that's common...but it gets the job done. Overall, I would still say it's above average, especially as an all-arounder, or whenever you need to grab a little sweeeeeeet....

DPArtist 14 months ago
First impressions; Wow! Gorgeous scent, really enticing, exudes quality and style. I have a new 100ml bottle, think I'm going to need more!+1
Carlitos01 14 months ago
Montblanc Legend Intense, Alluring, Freshy, Versatile, Sexy, Manly, Classy, Elegant, Adventurous, Sporty, Inexpensive and I love it. Try it.+5

by ErhanSaceros
by ErhanSaceros
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Montblanc

Individuel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Explorer by Montblanc Legend Spirit by Montblanc Legend Intense by Montblanc Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc by Montblanc Emblem by Montblanc Legend pour Femme by Montblanc Legend Night by Montblanc Présence d'Une Femme by Montblanc Emblem Intense by Montblanc Femme Individuelle by Montblanc Lady Emblem by Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Lady Emblem L'Eau by Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2012 by Montblanc Legend pour Femme Special Edition 2014 by Montblanc Femme Individuelle Special Edition Soul & Senses by Montblanc