Legend Spirit (2016)

Legend Spirit by Montblanc

Legend Spirit is a perfume by Montblanc for men and was released in 2016. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pink pepper, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Lavender, Aquatic notes
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, White musk, Cashmere wood, Sandalwood, Cedar

Submitted by Michael, last update on 31.10.2019

7.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Cagliari in May
Salvatore opens its eyes, the light shines gently through the slats of the closed shutters. He gets up, goes to the kitchen and opens the fridge. The scent of the ripe grapefruit that he put in two days ago is pouring towards him. He takes the glass carafe filled with water out of the refrigerator, opens the wings of the balcony door of his one-room apartment and goes out onto the small balcony. A fresh breeze is blowing from the sea, there are still a few light clouds of veil hanging in the sky; a sunny, warm spring day is imminent. Salvo goes into the bathroom, washes himself and takes a fresh white shirt out of the closet, plus his light linen suit. The streets are still deserted, the way to the office leads him along the Calata Mercedari. On the left the sea, on the right between avenue trees the just blossoming lavender. Like every morning before work he wants to drink an espresso in the small café just before the turnoff to the harbour. He sits on the spartan terrace overlooking the sea. While he waits for his coffee he lets his gaze wander into the distance. The sun unfolds its power more and more and shines on the already dry alluvial wood only a few meters away from it. The perfect start to a warm May day.
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Compliment magnet
I'm writing this comment because I recently got what happened to the perfume, which I've never had with any other perfume :D
In general, I was surprised at how many compliments I received for this perfume, both from the male side and especially from the female side. After two sprays on my neck and after about an hour I walk to the stadium in the open air (!) on a windy evening, a young woman shouts "Hey you in a black sweater, you smell really good!" three (!) metres apart I was really surprised, on the one hand because I don't overdose the scent and on the other hand because this Grapefruit-Moschus scent is actually a gentle, rather discreet variant.
This perfume is totally underestimated and a little insider tip from me ;)
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Carlitos01
The fresh and light aquatic Spirit
As per the Cambridge English Dictionary, "Spirit" may stand for " a particular way of feeling".
The Legend Spirit aims at giving you a cheerful mood, and refresh your senses in Spring and Summer hot days, or tropical vacations. And it is quite successful at it.
Designed in the trails of scents like Invictus Aqua, Rasasi Hawas or Carven l'Eau Intense, it works like a magician when you are either at the seaside, or in the gym or even in the club.

You start this Legend journey with a precious and refreshing grapefruit well supported by bergamot and the inevitable pink pepper. The coolness evolves for a refreshing aqueous, dewy note, providing you the sought after freshness. The mossy and musky bottom wood notes that follow will try against all odds to retain some of that coolness and moisture during the drydown. Unfortunately the drydown does not last long, but you can always respray this cool Spirit at your own will.
The fragrance is quite alluring and a big success with the gentle gender. It's quite a seductive quality scent in the line of many designer expensive EDTs.

Let's see how we may score this Legendary Spirit:
Scent Opening: 8.5 (nice, seductive and cool)
Scent Dry Down: 7.5 (very nice and alluring, but so faint...)
Longevity: 6.75 (3 good sprays may last up to 4~5 hours)
Sillage: 6.5 (3 feet at its peak with 3 heavy sprays and 1~1.5 hours of shy projection)
Uniqueness: 6.5 (3.5 points taken due to its similarity with Invictus Aqua, Legend, Invictus, Carven l'Eau Intense, Zara Teahupoo and Dark Crude, Dunhill Icon Racing, Cartier Pasha Noir Sport, Rasasi Hawas, Armaf Aura, Kelsey Berwin Zeus, Versace Man Eau Fraiche, King of Seduction, Blu di Roma Uomo, Aqva Pour Homme Marine, Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche, Brit Splash, Aques Estiara, ... and of course not comparing neither price, nor performance; many of the fragrances I mentioned were released after Legend Spirit, so actually they are copying it..)
Wearability: 8.0 (very easy to wear but avoid cold weather)
Versatility: 8.5 ("all around" versatile fragrance provided it's not cold. Reigning king as a fragrance for the beach, work out, summer city tourism, esplanade "dolce far niente" and for an open air club.)
Compliments: 9.0 (This fragrance it's a compliment magnet but don't forget to respray)
Quality: 8.5 (Above average quality, quality ingredients, nice flask, nice cap, nice sprayer; If it wouldn't be for the performance issues, I would rate it with a 10.0)
Presentation: 9.0 (no faults, simple but elegant, the best looking bottle of all the aquatic scents I mentioned earlier and a lot more preety than the Invictus tacky flask)
Price: 8.0 (100 ml non tester for €31, so half of Invictus Aqua price, but 2.5 times the price of Zara Teahupoo or Dark Crude; The price is slowly coming down in the web distributors); EDIT - In the last day of 2018 I bought a 2nd flask for €20,00).

Overall rating: 7.89/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Advice: If you want a very agreable, fresh, alluring, for the gym or beach cologne, and that you may wear together or in place of Invictus Aqua 2016, by no means go ahead and buy it. If you want desperatly to wear this type of scent but you are on a tight budget, try Zara Teahupoo for €12,50. If the Spirit price drops to the same level of Legend Chrome, it will become a smashing sales hit.
9.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

DPArtist
A fresh & compelling gem hidden in plain sight
Mb Legend Spirit was (and is!) for me one of those instant favourites. One of those rare scents that you upon first sniff just know it'll have a place on your shelf (and on your skin) for a long time to come. Initially I chose between this and the black original bottle after getting a sample vial of each. I liked both but glad I chose this one as it is exactly what I was looking for in a scent - citrus fresh but with character and lasting power, somehow Montblanc created a gem of a fragrance that is freshly aquatic while at the same time being sweetly aromatic (but not cloying), the pink pepper notes give it a sexy-spicy twist, I couldn't stop sniffing myself after I first sprayed this on my skin.

To my nose Legend Spirit smells like a quality scent that the likes of Dior or Chanel would put out, it has (some of!) the compelling nature and beautiful opening of Dior Homme Sport (2008) but with some of the traits of more recent crowd pleasers by Paco Rabanne and Dior (you know the ones). On my (super-absorbant) skin the dry down isn't as delicious as the opening (much better on clothes though) but is nice enough and lasts a fairly long time, not beast mode but above average and it performs extremely well on clothing.

With good sillage and performance in general and it's pleasing scent this is no-doubt a compliment getter but I really wear this for myself, it just makes me feel so good being in an aroma bubble that I enjoy and definitely gives me a refreshingly youthful energy boost too!

My subjective scent rating: 10/10!
Performance: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10
Am I willing to trade this: No chance! OK maybe for a DHS 2008 bottle!
Will I buy again? I hope so!

Message to MontBlanc: Please NEVER discontinue or reformulate this stuff!

Salt on our skin???
Well, I'll make it as short as possible! This fragrance cannot "stink" in my nose against the Montblancs Indivuduel, Presence and Starwalker, which I otherwise love! Fortunately, all three can still be ordered, but will probably no longer be produced! Another shame: The good ones serve them up, the bad ones keep them! :-( According to the motto "I liked the old songs, not the new ones"! What would I give to be allowed to smell Photo, Relax or Bogner Man again ...

But to LS: No bad or bad smell, but I have enough choice in the cupboard to reach in the "fresh case" to something else. What's the matter with you? LS has a very salty note for me and I can't deal with that. I don't know where it came from, but I feel it that way. Therefore LS smells for me somehow "mustier" and "stricter" than other citric aquatics, which I like very much. So a little bit after sweat halt! ;-)

But of course it's just my personal impression again. So who likes it ..
5.0 7.0 7.0 10.0/10

Sweet Aquatic!
Hey you...
Yeah you, the Person reading this.
Do you like Invictus, Invictus Aqua, Invictus Intense?
Or Armaf Aura, Armaf Rixos, Armaf Oros?
What about King of Seduction or King of Seduction Absolute By Antonio Banderas?
Ahhh Zeus by Kelsey Berwin?
Hmmm...how about Azzaro Wanted or Freeride?
And Rasasi Hawas?

Did you say yes to any of those...Then you'll love this sexy bitch.
A must have.
This is a lovely scent.
I have all of those scents, I mentioned from before.
It smells amazing, I don't know why I love this sweet aquatic mixture In a fragrance.

Sweet, aquatic, spicy, woody, muah...loevly.
Perfect for the hot times during the year.
And wearable during the cold time.
This scent is bad ass and about half the price of Invictus.

I used six sprays...both wrist, back & front of my neck, chest, and front of my shirt.

Will I buy this again?...Yes.

Does this fragrance enter BEAST MODE, good, just okay or weak sauce at best? Good.

What's the strength of this? EDT.

Am I willing to trade this fragrance? No.

Should You Skipped It, Sample It First or Blind Buy It? Blind buy worthy.

Can you use it as a unisex scent? No.

Is it the old, new formulation? Old.

What's its availability; in production, limited edition or discontinued? In production.

SKU Number: 3386460074902 (Tester)
Batch Number: 04G36G174 (Production Date: June 22, 2016)

Age: 25+
From: Hookup
Size: 100 ML
Scent: 5/5 (Sexy).
Value: 5/5 (Cost Free).
Sillage: 3/5 (Three feet).
Longevity: 3/5 (Six hours easy).
Creativity: 4/5 (Manlier form of Invictus).
Projection: 3/5 (Two hours).
Versatility: 5/5 (Anytime & anywhere, but this works way better in the late spring & all of summer).
Compliments: 5/5 (Awesome complements).

Until next time, I'll catch you on the flipside.
6.0 4.0 4.0 3.5/10

Invictus clone
Invictus clone, it smells good in the initial spray then i feel i'm gonna throw up, not my thing at all!! very synthetic and in a not good way, so i'm gonna stick to Mont Blanc Legend Intense which smells amazing and very well blended.

So this is a huge PASS for me.
6.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

Casual Summer
Montblanc Legend Spirit is a good casual scent for the spring or summer. I think it is a very versatile fragrance and it would probably make a good work scent. Ideal for casual occasions but no reason why this could not be worn for more formal event also. Legend Spirit has a well blended opening and is has some sweetness but is also clean, fresh and invigorating It has the potential to collect complements. I get slightly above average projection / silage for the first 1 to 2 hour after that its starts getting closer to the skin. Longevity 6- 7 hours.

The white and chrome colour scheme of the bottle is a solid enough design but the downside is the bottle its totally opaque. it would have been nice to a have a small section to see the amount of visible juice remaining.

Overall scent 7.5/10

AmberScent 7 months ago
Spirit is a pleasant Summer/Spring Legend. It's a bit synthetic with a scent related to Invictus Acqua and Dunhill Icon Racing. Good value!+5
Itchynose 10 months ago
Crowd pleasing grapefruit bubblegum. Easy grab all year round.+1
Carlitos01 16 months ago
The fragrance is very alluring and a success with the gentle gender. It's quite a seductive perfume in line with many more expensive EDT's.+4
Firasmalanzy 20 months ago
This is my signature scenet i love it, Its fresh fruity and sweet smell perfume.+2
6.0
6.0
10.0
Elysium 4 years ago
I love the way it opens, fresh and aromatic, I guess I geeked out for a bit. Suddenly, it turns into something luscious, not my kind, sigh+4

by ErhanSaceros
by Luksch
by RiverRun83
by RiverRun83

Popular Montblanc

Individuel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Explorer by Montblanc Legend Spirit by Montblanc Legend Intense by Montblanc Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Night by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc by Montblanc Emblem by Montblanc Legend pour Femme by Montblanc Présence d'Une Femme by Montblanc Emblem Intense by Montblanc Femme Individuelle by Montblanc Lady Emblem by Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Lady Emblem L'Eau by Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2012 by Montblanc Femme Individuelle Special Edition Soul & Senses by Montblanc Legend pour Femme Special Edition 2014 by Montblanc