Présence 2001Eau de Toilette

Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc
Présence (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Montblanc for men and was released in 2001. The scent is sweet-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Corinne Cachen

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Ginger, Cardamom, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesApple, Heliotrope, Sage
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Teakwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.10.2020.

You know him...
What am I reading here? Blindbuy Superstar, a treat, an extraordinary fragrance you never heard of.
Yes, folks, when I get a fragrance like this in front of my nose for the first time, it is indeed extraordinary. But I want to write a little something about it. Ginger and bergamot are not the number 1 in the top note, more audible of the two is the ginger, but the cinnamon is - logically - concise and stays down to the base, but disappears towards the end. The apple, which is no less concise in the middle, actually plays its part in the top note. In the further Drydown and the further Presence approaches its end, which unfortunately comes a little bit too early, a slight restlessness comes in, which tries to break the sweetness or to take away its one-dimensionality. At this point I find it difficult to tell whether it's the sage or the dust-dry teak; I'd rather tend to the teak.

Something nice for the price, I'm sure. But it's not sooo extraordinary now, because I had at least 2 fragrances in my repertoire that shoot in the same direction as Presence. The first would be RDLC from the British fashion label Lee Cooper. Both fragrances are very similar, but the more successful variant is clearly Presence, especially since RDLC has a strong pungent note of dry willow and lime wood, which perhaps a woodcarver would appreciate.
Another fragrance that goes in that direction was O Boticario Onix, which I loved very much. Here, however, the Brazilian is ahead of the rest, as it is set off with the tangy green apple and all in all more multi-faceted, spicy.
And even a classic and true nose-flatterer like Boss Soul is not entirely dissimilar to Presence, although this one can't be called the fragrance twin of presence.

So now I've torpedoed the uniqueness of Presence a little bit, but that doesn't mean that Presence is bad. With Spice Bomb I wouldn't even put it in the same way as in one of the comments, that's another story
Presence has a decisive advantage in spite of "discontinued": in contrast to RDLC, Onix and Soul, it is easy to obtain and at moderate prices!
By the way, since I had too many similar scents, I would have to give up a 75 ml bottle of Presence. Only applied once, the bottle is still 99.9% full. If you want it, see Souk
Blindbuy Superstar!
Montblanc Présence has been on my watch list for quite some time now, and since midsummer is now coming to an end, I thought it might be time to start looking for a new autumn/winter scent So I went through my "fragrance to-do list" and in the end inevitably got stuck with Présence. Although the fragrance here is classified as a year-round fragrance, I associate cinnamon, cardamom, vanilla and woody notes with the colder season. Unfortunately the production of the perfume was apparently stopped, so that it once again turned out to be a blind buy. But since I've liked every Montblanc fragrance so far and the scents used here are pretty much in line with my taste, my fear wasn't too great.
A few days ago the fragrance finally arrived and I have to say that with the best will in the world I can't understand how to stop producing such a stunning fragrance.
The top note is characterized by a fruity-apfelige cinnamon note and reminds me from the smell, due to the clearly available sweetness, somehow somewhat of the glazed apples from the fair (in the positive sense). In the middle the vanilla is more pronounced and after a longer time the woody notes dominate, just like you would expect it from the fragrance pyramid :)
Unfortunately both Sillage and durability are a small shortcoming for me. Présence, at least for me, tends to be perceived very quickly only close to the body if I don't apply the scent quite generously. The durability is similar. With "normal" use I land somewhere between 4-5 hours. Especially with autumn/winter scents one hopes for something more. At 25€/75ml I forgive the perfume but immediately. In case of doubt you can simply spray again after a while :D
All in all, I can only recommend Présence to anyone who is looking for a slightly more unusual (as more unfamiliar) fragrance away from the mainstream.
Farneon
Representative for all (old) Montblancs: a treat!
I've written before that I first became aware of myself as an EDT manufacturer through Parfumo on Montblanc. This brand has never been recommended to me at Douglas or in duty-free shops. I don't even know if it was in stock at all. Unfortunately there are only two fragrances left with Legend and Emblem and Flankern in the current range. Unfortunately Presence is no longer part of it, neither Starwalker nor Individuel! :-(

Presence can still be ordered for little money. I paid 35 euros for 75 ml. Like the others mentioned, this fragrance convinces me with its finely balanced fruitiness, which I have only smelled from a few perfumes so far. The Sillage is by no means obtrusive, but can be felt for several hours at half an arm's length, e.g. when sitting at the computer in the office and moving your nose towards the keyboard as if by chance! ;-)

I want to write here about the Montblancs themselves - also because I'm not a "perfume sommelier". Legend is certainly the most mass-compatible fragrance (a kind of Fougère), Starwalker the freshest, Individuel the fruitiest and Presence the sweetest. I find them all fascinating and very peculiar! Only Legend Spirit disappointed me and the emblem seems too sweet and gourmandig to me already because of the evaluation here.

I am simply thrilled by the perfect balance of the (old) Montblanc fragrances (incl. Legend) and of course the excellent price-performance ratio. Nobody comes across as penetrating or intrusive! The sweetness is not too pompous for me, the freshness not too unstable, the fruity not too one-sided and the fougère not too mainstream. Perhaps it was a good thing that four different perfumers were at work here, each of whom was able to prove his own handwriting, although the briefing may have said: "Do something of your own, but remain brand-compatible. We like it original, but not too extreme! We stand for high class, but not for decadence!" ;-)

In any case, I am delighted to discover four fragrances that are absolutely compatible with everyday life and yet have their very own character. And to get back to Presence: Even if you read apple, cardamom and cinnamon: Let me surprise you! It has little to do with the Christmas market. ... Unless Christmas Eve is moved to summer and there's a roller coaster on it! ;-)

Spicy Apple and Cinnamon
Presence is a a well blended scent from the house of Montblanc. It is a very pleasing fragrance and holds some similarities to L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent. I find it well balanced by Corinne Cachen. The scent opens with cinnamon, apple and some ginger. Once the scent settles down some of the other notes start to come through a little more. Presence is a very fresh and clean and is very versatile and it could be worn in any occasion and is ideal for the workplace.

The longevity is slightly above average on my skin, Projection is decent but subtle. I like the the bottle design but the only negative is the cap on the bottle appears to be a very loose when closed and comes off easily. This is only a minor issue.

Overall a solid 7.5/10

Okay cinnamon!
Montblanc Presence smells classy and refined.

Despite being subtle, it has a good staying power and okay projection.

I smell lots of cinnamon with spices and ginger, all over a vanilla base.

Updated January 2014

ElysiumElysium 2 months ago
An autumn wind, the spicy notes of ginger, cinnamon and cardamom are in the spotlight, while the apple and bergamot provide a crisp, fruity.
Kazos07Kazos07 2 months ago
A little bit outdated nowadays in my opinion. Nevertheless it is a solid fragrance
TorkeTorke 3 months ago
Ginger and Cinnamon heavy fragrance. Very fresh/spicy.

Nice longevity with kind of weak sillage- For the price, great fragrance.
TongyTongy 12 months ago
A very pleasant, shower fresh type of scent. A welcome addition to my modest collection!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Sweet, fresh and fruity scent pretending to a good fragrance and an universal pleaser instead of being unique and exceptional. A safe buy!
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Apple and spice for a warm, minty and pleasant fragrance. A flapjack in a bottle.
MrHonestMrHonest 3 years ago
Sweet, powdery green apple, with a Le Male feel. Think Jaipur Aqua eau Fraiche. My favourite sweety from the house and a great blind buy.

by Miaw2
Présence von Montblanc (neuer Flakon) - süßes Früchtchen :)
by Taka
by AsgardHD
by AsgardHD
by Miggax
by Miggax
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Montblanc

Explorer by Montblanc Individuel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Signature by Montblanc Legend Spirit by Montblanc Legend Night by Montblanc Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Intense by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend pour Femme by Montblanc Présence d'Une Femme by Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Emblem Intense by Montblanc Lady Emblem L'Eau by Montblanc Lady Emblem by Montblanc Emblem by Montblanc Legend pour Femme Special Edition 2014 by Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2012 by Montblanc Femme Individuelle by Montblanc