Présence (2001) Eau de Toilette

Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc

Présence (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Montblanc for men and was released in 2001. The scent is sweet-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Corinne Cachen

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Ginger, Cardamom, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesApple, Heliotrope, Sage
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Teakwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.07.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

I understand the problem
At every corner person XY wants to tell you how great the either new scent or the old scent is or was at that time and can no longer be got today.
And because everyone needs a new car every year, there is a new model every year.
And only the "smart ones" drive an old-timer, which they paid dearly for.
Sure...

Présence is not green gold! That's not a Montblanc scent! Even the brand's writing instruments are not the best on the market.
But the Green here can do something and he can do it well!

The apple has to look for the nose and if it has it...please don't think after 3 seconds that it was the scent(!)...then the nose has to do well, because the spices play around the allegedly "oh so artificial" apple scent well and provide for a great mixture, without ever getting so "loud" that you notice it unintentionally.
With the soothing notes like sage and woods plus tonak that doesn't work!

Whoever still gets him - the green one - should sniff it and then like to buy it, because - and yes, everyone says that about something he or she likes himself - he can do more and likes it more than all his brothers and sisters, without compulsively following a trend or lulling you into a note that leaves no room for your own note.

Présence is a good, discreet but present flatterer, wing man and everyday fragrance - and if it is part of everyday life that you go to the office, café, restaurant or a club, he is a solid companion.

Compliments and so on...
A woman made the scent, so I don't expect men to talk to me and compliment me.
Women who were not trapped in their own fragrance bubble did not recognize Présence as their own fragrance or brand, but rather when the freshness and lightness commented positively on it.
7.0 3.0 1.0 9.0/10

Blindbuy Superstar!
Montblanc Présence has been on my watch list for quite some time now, and since midsummer is now coming to an end, I thought it might be time to start looking for a new autumn/winter scent So I went through my "fragrance to-do list" and in the end inevitably got stuck with Présence. Although the fragrance here is classified as a year-round fragrance, I associate cinnamon, cardamom, vanilla and woody notes with the colder season. Unfortunately the production of the perfume was apparently stopped, so that it once again turned out to be a blind buy. But since I've liked every Montblanc fragrance so far and the scents used here are pretty much in line with my taste, my fear wasn't too great.
A few days ago the fragrance finally arrived and I have to say that with the best will in the world I can't understand how to stop producing such a stunning fragrance.
The top note is characterized by a fruity-apfelige cinnamon note and reminds me from the smell, due to the clearly available sweetness, somehow somewhat of the glazed apples from the fair (in the positive sense). In the middle the vanilla is more pronounced and after a longer time the woody notes dominate, just like you would expect it from the fragrance pyramid :)
Unfortunately both Sillage and durability are a small shortcoming for me. Présence, at least for me, tends to be perceived very quickly only close to the body if I don't apply the scent quite generously. The durability is similar. With "normal" use I land somewhere between 4-5 hours. Especially with autumn/winter scents one hopes for something more. At 25€/75ml I forgive the perfume but immediately. In case of doubt you can simply spray again after a while :D
All in all, I can only recommend Présence to anyone who is looking for a slightly more unusual (as more unfamiliar) fragrance away from the mainstream.
7.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Farneon
Representative for all (old) Montblancs: a treat!
I've written before that I first became aware of myself as an EDT manufacturer through Parfumo on Montblanc. This brand has never been recommended to me at Douglas or in duty-free shops. I don't even know if it was in stock at all. Unfortunately there are only two fragrances left with Legend and Emblem and Flankern in the current range. Unfortunately Presence is no longer part of it, neither Starwalker nor Individuel! :-(

Presence can still be ordered for little money. I paid 35 euros for 75 ml. Like the others mentioned, this fragrance convinces me with its finely balanced fruitiness, which I have only smelled from a few perfumes so far. The Sillage is by no means obtrusive, but can be felt for several hours at half an arm's length, e.g. when sitting at the computer in the office and moving your nose towards the keyboard as if by chance! ;-)

I want to write here about the Montblancs themselves - also because I'm not a "perfume sommelier". Legend is certainly the most mass-compatible fragrance (a kind of Fougère), Starwalker the freshest, Individuel the fruitiest and Presence the sweetest. I find them all fascinating and very peculiar! Only Legend Spirit disappointed me and the emblem seems too sweet and gourmandig to me already because of the evaluation here.

I am simply thrilled by the perfect balance of the (old) Montblanc fragrances (incl. Legend) and of course the excellent price-performance ratio. Nobody comes across as penetrating or intrusive! The sweetness is not too pompous for me, the freshness not too unstable, the fruity not too one-sided and the fougère not too mainstream. Perhaps it was a good thing that four different perfumers were at work here, each of whom was able to prove his own handwriting, although the briefing may have said: "Do something of your own, but remain brand-compatible. We like it original, but not too extreme! We stand for high class, but not for decadence!" ;-)

In any case, I am delighted to discover four fragrances that are absolutely compatible with everyday life and yet have their very own character. And to get back to Presence: Even if you read apple, cardamom and cinnamon: Let me surprise you! It has little to do with the Christmas market. ... Unless Christmas Eve is moved to summer and there's a roller coaster on it! ;-)
6.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Spicy Apple and Cinnamon
Presence is a a well blended scent from the house of Montblanc. It is a very pleasing fragrance and holds some similarities to L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent. I find it well balanced by Corinne Cachen. The scent opens with cinnamon, apple and some ginger. Once the scent settles down some of the other notes start to come through a little more. Presence is a very fresh and clean and is very versatile and it could be worn in any occasion and is ideal for the workplace.

The longevity is slightly above average on my skin, Projection is decent but subtle. I like the the bottle design but the only negative is the cap on the bottle appears to be a very loose when closed and comes off easily. This is only a minor issue.

Overall a solid 7.5/10
5.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Okay cinnamon!
Montblanc Presence smells classy and refined.

Despite being subtle, it has a good staying power and okay projection.

I smell lots of cinnamon with spices and ginger, all over a vanilla base.

Updated January 2014
10.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Présence by Montblanc...
Présence by Montblanc is for my taste regarding a male fragrance almost to sweet,
not that I don´t like sweet perfumes, on the contrary,
but somehow the fruity-floral note is dominating to much.
Hereby I mean the apple (for sure a green one), the bouquet of heliotrope and the toncabean
(both as strong as a gorilla as it smells Vanilla!).
Ginger, Cinnamon and Cardamom are decent (you can search long for the gingerbread man).
Also the woods and the animals are more restrained (the whale submerges
and the steer hides behind the mountains).
At least some fresh bergamot sticks out from the melting pot.
Altogether, it is present, but not a true "Meisterstück" from the fountain pen empire.
A discreet fragrance for daily wear, but nothing for fans of masculine colognes.
By the way "Montblanc" (written in one word unlike the famous Mountain) is a German company with it´s headquarter in Hamburg.
Excusez-moi mes amis Français, mais pas tout que semble français, provient de la France...

Carlitos01 110 days ago
Sweet, fresh and fruity scent pretending to a good fragrance and an universal pleaser instead of being unique and exceptional. A safe buy!+2
Itchynose 150 days ago
Apple and spice for a warm, minty and pleasant fragrance. A flapjack in a bottle.+2
MrHonest 21 months ago
Sweet, powdery green apple, with a Le Male feel. Think Jaipur Aqua eau Fraiche. My favourite sweety from the house and a great blind buy.+3
5.0
6.0
9.0

by Miaw2
Présence von Montblanc (neuer Flakon) - süßes Früchtchen :)
by Taka
by AsgardHD
by AsgardHD
by Miggax
by Miggax
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Montblanc

Individuel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Explorer by Montblanc Legend Spirit by Montblanc Legend Intense by Montblanc Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc by Montblanc Emblem by Montblanc Legend pour Femme by Montblanc Legend Night by Montblanc Présence d'Une Femme by Montblanc Emblem Intense by Montblanc Femme Individuelle by Montblanc Lady Emblem by Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Lady Emblem L'Eau by Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2012 by Montblanc Legend pour Femme Special Edition 2014 by Montblanc Femme Individuelle Special Edition Soul & Senses by Montblanc