Starwalker (2005)Eau de Toilette

Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc

Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Montblanc for men and was released in 2005. The scent is woody-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBamboo, Bergamot, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Ginger, Nutmeg, Fir resin
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood, Cedar

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 12.05.2020.

Shaving lotion to spray
Reminds me a bit of Cool Water, without the aquatic aspect. The top note seems a bit too alcoholic to me, but it subsides again very quickly.

I tested him with my partner and she was over the moon about him. I mean, to remember terms like "virile" and "fresh". In general it was really hard to stretch the test strip away from her
I think you can't go wrong with this fragrance if you need an all-rounder that comes across as fresh and elegant. I can imagine it to be super good in the office, not too penetrating, light but still present.

I want him on my clothes more often
****The little prince****
High up, far above the clouds and beyond the imagination of humans, the Little Prince lives on his little planet. No one is there to disturb him, no one who wants anything from him. All that he desires and that enriches his life is her, the little beautiful rose, which he guards like a treasure.

Lost in thought, he lies on his back, looking towards the sky and contemplating the starry sky. He counts them as he dreams, wondering how long they have been there and who put them there. Like lights they light up his face and cast shadows on his planet. He feels so free up here and away from all the tragedy and heaviness of life. Down on earth it is hectic and restless, but he has no idea what is going on.

Yes, he's a true genius, a star runner and daydreamer that blond prince, one who doesn't have to grow up at all costs. And it's that very life plan that I think of when I see "Starwalker". A fragrance - similar to Versace's "Dreamer" - that awakens the eternally dreamy youth. A fragrance that carries you off into fantasy worlds and makes you forget everything heavy. Yes, it exudes such a lightness that it literally wears and reminds one of the little prince as he glides along on a shooting star. You don't need much for that, a little bergamot, cedar and bamboo and we have a light fresh woody mixture of infinite tenderness and purity. Completely straightforward and a gentle, albeit pleasantly potent, companion through the heaviness of time.

So if you like to dream and - you have to admit - smell damn good and pleasantly masculine, you will find what you are looking for here. You get a lot for a small price and with that you are certainly well prepared for spring and autumn.

Do it like the little prince, stay children in spirit, enjoy your current mini-planets, look at the sky, dream and take care of your roses.

May the stars be weighted to you like the little prince and invite you to an imaginary star run. I've got it, I need it.

See you soon,
Bene and the Little Prince**
5.5

Ekkie
Synthetic, but smells nice in the air
The is very synthetic to my nose and not necessarily pleasant smelling. It's also a bit bitter. This becomes more bearable after it dries down a bit. It's got a cheap vibe, If I wear this on my neck it will just annoy me. Other people seem to love the smell when I wear this. That and great versatility/appropriateness are reasons why this will stay in my collection anyway. A dumb reach for me which apparently smells good in the air but not so pleasant from up close. I can not wear this on my neck because it chokes me, so I wear this on my shirt and arms. Lasting power below average. I'd say there are better options for the money (Explorer?).
The relief
First you can perceive an intense and powerful refreshing citric note, which also brings a fine clear, pure-looking sour herbaceous undertone and is due to the bergamot.

At the same time, the bergamot is accompanied by another citric note, which has very tender, sweet, rather lovely features and hides a pleasantly warm, light wooden aura in the background and I would never have come across bamboo.

These two notes are accompanied by a subtle sweetish fruity nuance that gives the fragrance a nice softness and comes from the mandarin.

A little later the citric aura has changed a little bit, it has become typically more lemony and has pushed its sour aspects a little into the background, in order to let a fine, smooth appearing wooden nuance take precedence and comes from the ginger.

The ginger is accompanied by a beautiful, strikingly masculine aromatic note reminiscent of white pepper, which in my opinion is responsible for the fact that the fragrance does not drift into triviality, but is really a relief in whistling hot temperatures.

These two notes are accompanied by a pleasant ethereal, almost aquatic, soft-looking shower gel association, which surprisingly goes wonderfully well with this fragrance and I did not come across fir resin here either.

In the background and with me only on the skin is a beautiful, on the skin hot working nuance perceptible, which carries a very discreet sweet spicy hint with itself and is to be owed to the amber.

In the last 3 hours I can't smell any of the above notes, only:

Balloon!

But this balloon is not completely inflated yet, but only half and do I find that bad? - Nöö - Is' doch ma war anderet und jenau didd' find' ick äußerst anjenehm und doch interessant :-)

You wonder if I consumed the balloon's helium? - But of course! :-)

No, now' seriously, the "balloon chord" is pleasantly softly underlined with wood and discreetly tart, where I can very well imagine that this can come from the sandalwood in interaction with the vetiver, but I never on these two notes, if then rather already on vetiver would have come.

Unfortunately I couldn't perceive musk, but I can imagine very well that this note was used for complementation.

Overall, the fragrance lasts hours on my skin.

The Sillage is conceived from the outset in such a way that one is clearly noticed at half an arm's length and this is maintained also 2.5 hours in such a way, before it minimizes itself in quiet steps up to the conclusion of the smell
I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Honk1510" for the bottling.

Ernie824
Bamboo a surprising scent on Starwalker
SOTD (Scent of the Day): Montblanc Starwalker EDT: As of 02/07/19

It seems to my nose the Bamboo stands out on this fragrance, and I do detect the citruses like the bergamot and Mandarin orange with the musk and sandalwood in the background. Bamboo, Bergamot and Mandarin orange are the stronger notes coming to front face and center. People said Bamboo is more being synthetic and sharp, to me the Bamboo is sharp in a good way not overpowering to just blended correctly. I will add Starwalker to my summer rotation and value is spot on and as well a good office scent and close to a year around scent except on the winter time.

Rating

Scent: 7.25/10
Design/Presentation: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Longevity/Performance: 7.5/10: Lasted on my skin/skin scent around 6-8+ hrs
Overall: 7.5/10

My SOTD (Scent of the Day/Office Scent of the Day): Montblanc Starwalker: As of 03/07/19

My 2nd wearing of this fragrance as my office scent of the day as of 03/07/19, again my nose detects the bamboo which is synthetic and to me it doesn't bother and as well the bergamot, mandarin, sandalwood and musk which rounds out the rest of the notes It is a safe office scent, I didn't get a compliment but my coworkers were not offended by the scent. Is a good spring/summer freshie and for the price is a bargain. Longevity/Performance is 7.5 out of 10: 8-11 sprays: Lasted on my skin as a skin scent around 6-8+ hrs, and my overall rating for this fragrance is 7.25 out of 10 a good fragrance for the spring/summer seasons and is a must have for the price/bargain

Citrus, Wood and Zen
There is something almost soothing about Starwalker's opening bamboo and bergamot combo, a gentle blend of sweet soft wood and sharp citrus with all other supporting notes in the background –fir, ginger, cedar, sandalwood– adding to the quiet, zen-like balance. This is not an aggressive scent that will turn you into an alpha male; it's a fresh, watery fragrance preparing you for a meditation session on the yoga mat.

Individuel or Legend and its flankers may have been getting all the attention in recent years but to me Starwalker is the real hidden gem in Montblanc's collection. As a lover of citrus fragrances with a distinct personality this is as close to signature scent material as it gets.
Hype suspicious!
When I first applied for Starwalker and was allowed to enjoy one day in the office, only one thing occurred to me: Damned, he's good ... and not only hit- but hype-suspicious! So I immediately had to think of Aqva Amara, who smells completely different, but still has something in common with this Montblanc: He was no longer to be produced until the Bvlgari was hyped this year in such a way that he experienced an unexpected comeback. And while the Starwalker is also a discontinued model, I felt that this exceptionally good fragrance would also have to be hyped so that it would continue to be produced. Because taking him out of the program is truly a sin!

Right at the beginning Starwalker scores with a fresh, bright fruit opening, a very appealing mixture of the indicated top notes bamboo, bergamot, mandarin. However, it is not too citric, as one could assume, but as it were as warm as soft, which should probably contribute beside the mandarin also the bamboo. This combination is very pleasantly light, friendly, sympathetic. I liked this scent from the first second on, but it gets even better ...

There is not much going on about the first three quarters of an hour and you simply enjoy the beautiful atmosphere that this Montblanc creates. Then, however, the heart notes are increasingly asserting themselves as a counterpoint to the initial fruit sweetness, even if they are very subtle: Ginger and nutmeg (perhaps also the fir resin) make it a little spicier and thus more transparent and differentiated. There is more going on in the fragrance, which now has an increasingly stimulating and vitalising effect, but still remains very balanced - simply a round thing. Nothing drifts off in any unwanted direction, but the scent becomes "only" more mature, wins in addition - great done!

Yes, and then, ... after approx. 1.5 hours this Star Walker becomes a Star Climber when it slowly climbs to its heights by playing its true trump card with the Mountblanc: The wood! For now the journey leads us to the highest (praise) tones: the sandalwood and the cedar are added and give this high-flyer increasing presence, yes after another half hour he even becomes a little pointed and "sharp":

Montblanc's Starwalker is becoming more and more woody, contoured, creaky. And yet the fine freshness remains, because the top notes never disappear, and always remain with about 30-40%. This final melange, a mix of clear, almost piercingly light dry wood and the fruity freshness of the top notes (on a shirt) lasts unexpectedly long with about 6-7 hours, with a clearly audible sillage, at half arm's length.

In my opinion, this fragrance is neither particularly green nor does it smell like "almost only mandarin", as it is called in other reviews. Sure, Starwalker is fruity and the mandarin contributes a certain softness to the citric. And yes, it has something of Versaces Man Eau Fraîche and my signature scent Chrome Sport, but max. 40-50% of their citric freshness. Because the top notes of the Starwalker do not constitute its dominance, but over 2/3 of the smell process the wood. First and foremost it is a sweet woody scent with a (citric)-fruity superstructure.

So Starwalker is a direct hit, which will surely accompany me for a long time, because he is also a very good Alrounder. Ideal in spring and autumn - especially during the day in the office and leisure time. Because for me the woody freshness of this wonderful fragrance star is simply

hype-suspicious !

Burinrat
Great in top note but gone fast
This is my one of the best fragrance in term of opening scent. The bamboo and citrus is quite nice but after 1-2 hours, the scent will be like skin scent and after 4-5 hours, it almost disappear. Waring this fragrance outside room may lost the scent more quickly.
Note that, All is use by myself. It may difference with another person skin. Please test on yourself again.

MrHonest
Cool, Metro, Citrusy Niceness.
This had been my signature scent since 2007, until it was recently dethroned by Bvlgari Man Extreme. It's an excellent office frag because it seems to evoke modern architecture with that crisp, well-blended mandarin-ginger combo, with a touch of aquatic-ness from the bamboo. It's a little sharp off the top, but when it dries down, the cedar comes out and gives it a solid base to hold onto. In fact, the overall feel is one of pencil shavings amidst a bowl of citrus fruit. At least, that's what I get.

I don't know why, but this frag always reminds me of academia. Maybe it's the pencil shaving analogy reminding me of elementary school, but I can totally see this being the signature scent of Principal Seymour Skinner from the Simpsons. It's just got that blue, sharp and proper feel about it, with and air of reliability and calmness. An easy dumb reach if that's what you're looking for. Perfect for most occasions and all ages. Plus, the longevity is good for a freshie. I just wish they had made the bottle bigger.
2.5
2.5

Great opening
Opens beautifuly with a nice bamboo note but then it just disappears. Big disappointment.

Lasting power is like 1 hour. Sillage and projection are average.

This could easily be between the top ones if the notes were better worked.

Anyway, if you're looking for an inoffensive scent for office, this scent may be your choice.

Updated January 2014

TaberneroTabernero 47 days ago
The opening is very sparkling. Full of vitality. reminds me of spiced citrus, perhaps black pepper. Pain of longevity is not adequate
Carlitos01Carlitos01 7 months ago
Grassy & citrusy start... and that's about it. The initial freshness quickly evolves to a mild woody scent that no one will hate or love.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 17 months ago
5.5
Lasts 20 min at most. Smells synthetic and cheap (which it is). Good to wear it to bed
CheshirecatCheshirecat 2 years ago
Opens with citrus-bamboo scent then dries down pleasantly because of the ginger. Perfect for work. I hope they make the intense edition.

Look to the skies
by RiverRun83
by Cheshirecat
by Cheshirecat

Popular Montblanc

Explorer by Montblanc Individuel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Spirit by Montblanc Legend Night by Montblanc Legend Intense by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend pour Femme by Montblanc Présence d'Une Femme by Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Emblem Intense by Montblanc Lady Emblem L'Eau by Montblanc Emblem by Montblanc Legend pour Femme Special Edition 2014 by Montblanc Lady Emblem by Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2012 by Montblanc Femme Individuelle by Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2013 by Montblanc Emblem Absolu by Montblanc