The Secret Collection - Seta 2018

The Secret Collection - Seta by Moresque
The Secret Collection - Seta is a popular perfume by Moresque for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon, Saffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesYlang-ylang, Myrrh
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Benzoin, Amber, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.01.2021.

RedVanilla
A smile for the myrrh vanilla!
Actually I like oriental scents very much, but unfortunately most of them don't get along without incense, civet or oud and with these scents my nose goes on strike and wants to escape. So unfortunately I can't get much out of most perfume variations with oriental scents. But thanks to the perfume gods, sometimes I discover special exceptions while browsing through the world of fragrances. Seta (translation: silk) is one of them and has already convinced me from the very first time I sprayed it on myself.

The fragrance is absolutely worthy of its name. Although it has an unmistakably oriental fragrance, mainly carried by the saffron and of course myrrh, it remains reserved for oriental fragrances and does not immediately transport the wearer to the next spice bazaar. I find this very pleasant
But let's go into detail and break down Seta from the fragrance development a little more precisely. Well, actually I should smell lemon or bergamot at the beginning, because citrus fruits always come to the fore at the beginning. Surprisingly, I can only detect a hint of lemon when I strain my nose a little bit. Whoever wants to get to the foreground first is surprisingly the saffron and sandalwood. A fragrance pair that I didn't know before and which surprised me because it harmonizes wonderfully with the other fragrance components. But this rush was quickly over and after about 1 hour the myrrh inexorably pushed into the spotlight. Together with the vanilla in a close embrace and sandalwood on the hand. What is beautiful here is simply the interplay of the three different fragrance nuances, which, due to the careful dosage, form a unity in the course of the fragrance and are almost imperceptible individually. This can simply be described as delicious. After approx. 8 hours the vanilla is still left over, but only very close to the body.

Conclusion: You get a myrrh vanilla mix with a very special kick. Due to the individual ingredients it is slightly sweet, but not too overdosed and sugar sweet. In my opinion, compared to other oriental fragrances, it is wearable even in summer and cuddly like a beautiful, soft silk scarf. Light and fluffy.
The fragrance for the Alhambra
For years I've dreamed of Granada. I am not too big a fan of Spain, my heart has been beating for Italy for as long as I can remember. But Granada takes place 1 on my travel wish list - there is the Alhambra. For me it is the epitome of Moorish architecture, source of the most filigree marvels, carved in stone, telling of a great culture, of mathematics and medicine, of military strategies and painterly calligraphy. From the clear singing of the muezzin, sounding in the early morning from all mosques. Of red, warm stones and finely chiselled, golden earrings in the evening sunlight. Of colourful sparkling oil lamps and sweet-scented jasmine on warm nights. Of crackling silk robes and precious turbans. Of women and men. And of love If I should ever visit this wonderful place, I would wear Seta. The scent of Moresque embodies everything that Moorish culture stands for - art and science in the fusion of Orient and Occident. What immeasurable wealth the Arab culture has provided us with, I feel in every moment I sit at the computer - where would we be if not Abu Dschaʿfar Muhammad ibn Musa, called al-Chwārizmī, had given us the basic idea of the algorithm. And so I always look at Seta with an admiring look. The flacon alone, with its iridescent golden saffron colouring, its golden drawing reminiscent of the finely chiselled Moorish architectural sculpture in the Nazarite Palace of the Alhambra, evoking a tent of stars, with a heavy, golden, delicately rounded cuboid as its cap. Then the fragrance: after a slightly fresh start, the most delicate flowers, pleasantly blending with myrrh and saffron. A touch of exotic flowers, a hint of spices. A touch of resin, a touch of wood. Under everything a warm, sweet base of vanilla. Seta is an incredibly delicate, gentle fragrance, yet overflowing with the most precious ingredients. It is a light oriental, flowery, sweet, spicy, resinous. A barely perceptible breath, like a delicate silk scarf flowing from the shoulders in the warm wind. In this respect, Seta, whose name and flacon design incorporate all the associations that the beautiful fragrance evokes, is a perfect fragrance for an imaginative dive into Moorish culture, into the fusion of Orient and Occident. Not a heavy Oriental to conjure up the desert. But an easy one, which creates a connection between both cultures, which makes us think of places where people come together, such as the crusader state, libraries that connect scholars, and love that does not ask about religions. A fragrance for sensual fantasy journeys, a fragrance for dreaming

Winter vanilla silk
There are fragrances where you can sniff out the potential directly from the spray head. The potential of Seta is definite: in winter you will have it nice and warm with me!

Behind Seta lies a decent pound - from powdery, creamy to balsamic, from fine oriental spices to a great deal of vanilla. And so my second thought was that this eau de parfum was going strongly in that direction, like a cross-section of my mother's former scents. Maybe a little bit feminine, but not girlish and exactly in this way maybe not only reserved for women.

In the first sprayer on the skin, you can actually hear a little anise between the lemon squirts, as some have written in the statements. But also the saffron shimmers gently through. The soft base with myrrh and vanilla is already unmistakable. Yeah - that's sweet, but not as killing as I feared. However, I am not sure how natural the vanilla actually is ... i have a little doubt, but I think it's perfectly ok. There are vanilla fragrances that follow a similar path in their development and which are without question artificial. Here hardly, whereby I can well imagine that it could be too much of a good thing for some.

Besides, we also have sandalwood and amber here, which give our Seta additional oriental warmth and magic, although no one would be surprised that vanilla has the longest stamina.
For oriental hot days I would not recommend this cuddly scented silk necessarily.

I see Seta clearly in the tradition of a wintery perfume, which one likes to wear on crisp cold evenings and thus conjures up a pre-Christmas atmosphere, whether outside or in the beautifully heated room.

by Sweetsmell75
by Lexa
by LVCAS
by LVCAS

Popular Moresque

Black Collection -  Al-Andalus (Eau de Parfum) by Moresque Art Collection - Contessa by Moresque Art Collection - Sahara Blue by Moresque Gold Collection - Aurum by Moresque The Secret Collection - Soul Batik by Moresque Art Collection - Aristoqrati (Eau de Parfum) by Moresque Art Collection - Ballerina by Moresque White Collection - Tamima (Eau de Parfum) by Moresque The Secret Collection - Ubar 1992 by Moresque Art Collection - Rosa Ekaterina by Moresque Art Collection - Sandal Granada by Moresque Black Collection - Emiro by Moresque Art Collection - Re Nero by Moresque Gold Collection - Oroluna by Moresque White Collection - Moreta by Moresque Gold Collection - Sole by Moresque The Secret Collection - Jasminisha by Moresque Gold Collection - Fiamma by Moresque Art Collection - Fiore di Portofino by Moresque Art Collection - White Duke by Moresque