Cheap and Chic (1995)

Cheap and Chic by Moschino
Bottle Design: Christian Jauffret, Atelier Dinand

Cheap and Chic is a perfume by Moschino for women and was released in 1995. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Yuzu, Petitgrain, Rosewood
Heart Notes Heart NotesPeony, Egyptian jasmine, Freesia, Cyclamen, Dog rose, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesWhite orchid, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Ambergris, Musk, Vanilla, Tonka bean, Iris

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 31.12.2018

The colors and shape of the bottle resemble the cartoon character Olive Oyl (the female character in Popeye comic books). The little black nub on the lid illustrates the typical bun hairstyle of Olive Oyl.
The face of the advertising campaign is the model Gamiliana (Gloria Shelby), photographed by Platon Antoniou.

5.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

"Olivia" smells good
I remember when this perfume came out in the 90es: with its Olivia*-shaped bottle, it was almost a provocative and surely funny scent! But this one isn't a toy for little girls. Its acchord is rich and well balanced , with unusual aromatic notes giving a particular character to this scent perfect to wear mainly in the cold season.
Unfortunately the sillage isn't so strong and the name too "Cheap and chic" isn't really right for this scent , more particular than "chic" and not so cheap! Anyway, a pleasant fragrance which is a modern classic.
*Italian name for Olive Oyl
10.0/10

Bouzeos
Coriander, lemon, bergamot, freesia, apricot, ceder... and tobacco flower
A perfume very dear to me, and quite unique thanks to the coriander-tobacco flower-freesia-apricot combo shining in citruses. It's very easy to like and it's not heavy, but it's spicy and floral. The sillage is good- though not a sillage bomb-it lasts a long time too. I highly suggest that you spray it on clothes, cause it keeps it's qualities better and all the notes shine more.
It is, again, though, one of those perfume that you can't imagine how it is until you test it and see for yourself.

P.S.- all men like this perfume. I received a lot of compliments on it. And several times, some even hugged me/came close/stuck their nose in my clothes, to take deep breaths of air from my blouse, perfumed with Cheap&Chic. :)

later edit: here's a song right for this perfume: Tarantella Napoletana! oh yes.
2.5 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Cheap? Chic!!
Cheap & Chic. Oh, it's definitely Chic! I only wish it was cheap! I would stack up on this crazy looking bottle out of fear I can't find it anymore; because I love this fragrance!

There is something about Moschino perfumes that make them feel and sense like black or purple velvet. You want to touch it, and put it on. Most Moschinos are soft, yet distinct and take your sense of smell on a magical-mystery-ride. This one is no exception.

Opening up with cyclamen and freesia, vanilla and a naughty rose join, bringing a hint of violet. Musk storms in and drags cedar along sprinkling coriander. I think they are having a party and I am the guest of honor : ) The dry down is divine. The silage is 'magnetic' and the longevity is amazing, especially on clothes.

Every time I wear this people wanna "sniff" me. It's odd but I can't blame them. It's a very unusual scent, easily recognizable and attracts attention like a magnet. It is slightly reminiscent of my other beloved Moschino Moschino (so good they named it twice ; ) But this one manages to have and keep its own unique personality.
It's just something you must smell! If you don't know it, ignore the word "Cheap", then go to a shop and spray....Now; do you feel it? Yes! That is love, magic and sex in a funky bottle.
5.0 5.0 6.0/10

A unique bottle and a unique scent
Cheap & Chic fascinates me with its diversity and unique blend of both spices and fruits combined with a soapy and clean accord.

I will admit that this fragrance will probably not capture you instantaneously, instead it will grow on you and develop into a scent that is truly difficult to resist.

I love how the coriander blends with the peach and citrus notes in the opening. Together they create such an unusual yet classy scent, which is not too spicy nor too bitter or sour.

The heart is pretty, but not overly feminine. I prefer it that way. It has more of a raw, 'don't mess with me' kind of approach, which would really suit a strong and determined woman.

The musk certainly dominates the drydown, however I don't see this as being this fragrance's downfall. It is a rather nice finish to an incredibly alluring scent.

From start to finish it is obvious that this is an Italian fragrance; such class, such distinction. Beautiful from start to finish, I advise anyone to try this scent.

by Kiengira
by Lah2o
by Schahram
by Schahram

Popular Moschino

Uomo? (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Cheap and Chic - I Love Love by Moschino Moschino by Moschino Forever (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Fresh Couture by Moschino Cheap and Chic by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Light Clouds by Moschino Glamour by Moschino Funny! by Moschino Couture! by Moschino Pink Bouquet by Moschino Moschino pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Hippy Fizz by Moschino Toujours Glamour by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Chic Petals by Moschino Forever Sailing (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Pink Fresh Couture by Moschino Friends Men (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Gold Fresh Couture by Moschino Oh! de Moschino by Moschino