Cheap and Chic - I Love Love (2005)

Cheap and Chic - I Love Love by Moschino

Cheap and Chic - I Love Love is a perfume by Moschino for women and was released in 2005. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Lemon, Red currant
Heart Notes Heart NotesTea rose, Rush, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Thanaka wood, Cedarwood

Submitted by Sani, last update on 19.03.2019

5.0 7.5 9.0/10

Sweet and carefree
Moschino does a pretty good and bright citrus scent, and I suppose they do it by not burdening the blends with too many ~* serious perfume *~ staples or adding some kind of a twist to it. I Love Love has, like already stated, little to nothing in common with the original Cheap & Chic, which is probably for the better because it feels somewhat dated in the contemporary world.

Short and sweet: I Love Love opens with a delicious grapefruit that is just tangy enough to make the mouth water, but sweetened just enough that it won’t turn sour at any point of its presence. Soon the grapefruit melds into sweetened berries laced with sugar powder and a little spice. The bouquet deepens and darkens a little until after 2-3 hrs it dissipates into a radiant white musk that lasts for hours and hours. Longevity is definitely one of the many happy surprises about this lovely edt.

If I had to categorize, I would say I Love Love is a very young, carefree fragrance that is suitable for young girls looking for a cute perfume, but wholly suitable to older users as well provided you like sweetness and berries. I kind of wish the grapefruit lasted a little longer because it seems to me to be a hard note to play just right (as in not sour in my book), and Olivier Cresp, of Mugler Angel fame, does it flawlessly. It’s a spring/summer day scent that will surely brighten up anybody’s day and draw compliments from those who detect it. I’m definitely a fan and adding this to my wardrobe ASAP!
2.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Loveable Orange!
I am a Moschino fan, so when I saw this one on sale I grabbed it without sniffing (there was no tester and I have never been disappointed yet with a Moschino)

Boy! Is this a fruity-fresh-summer-orangey-with-surprise-in-the-drydown scent!

At first spray a freshly squeezed orange with zest and a bit of grapefruit greets me like it's the first morning! It's quite refreshing and cheery. (At this point I am wondering if it will be like Happy by Clinique?)
Shortly after the citrus fruits popped their heads up, I can smell a hint of a red-current note and "can it be?" I smell far into the distance a flower note? Rose? Hmmm it's quite different. And halfway towards the drydown I can detect a soft powdery note that urges the fruity notes to calm down and settle.

In the drydown it becomes apparent that the fruity notes listened and on my wrists there is now a powdery soft and very yummy fruity floral that is being embraced by cedar, musk and a hint of pepper notes. It's very yummy and a wonderfully cheery sunny summer scent, yet it's also very comforting and relaxing.

To my nose it's not like Happy by Clinique -- Happy is far more linear whereas this scent is going through several stages of development that are fun to sniff! It's also nothing like another orange 'suspect' that I own and love, Liberte by Cacharel -- Liberte has patchouli & sandalwood notes that give it a smokey sensation. No, I can't detect any 'smoke signals' in I Love Love.

No: I Love Love is the happy middle sister of the other two. A wonderful fruity/spicy/floral (more fruit and spice than floral) and is great for summer days & nights and all occasions you want to feel happy & sunny.

Silage is: "Boy, this is one weird sunny yet delicious fruity aura" -- Longevity is:"I started out very citrusy, but give me a moment and I will be sweet, gourmand yet powdery for the next 5+ hours".

Great fun to wear and a real happy scent for those 'pick-me-up moments'. Sniff before purchase it is a 'weirdo' that you will love or think too nuts for an orange! ; )
5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Fun and flirty citrus blend
I Love Love is very different from the original Cheap & Chic. There are very few similarities.

This fragrance is quite fruity, Summery and fresh. But like all Moschino fragrances, do not assume that this scent is like any other.

What starts as sugared fruits, almost like lemon flavoured sorbet, intensifies and becomes quite a crisp and colourful blend of both fruits and flowers, with a touch of pepper.

I disagree with those that find this fragrance similar to D&G Light Blue. In my opinion there are no comparisons. Light Blue is quite sharp with its lemon notes and woodsy undertones, however I Love Love is so much sweeter and certainly more feminine. I would definitely choose this fragrance over Light Blue any day.

The rose and the pepper notes in the heart of this fragrance, in my opinion, is what makes I Love Love so amazing. It is that transition from a bright citrusy opening into a soft, flowery yet spicy scent which gives this fragrance that undeniable charm.

With fantastic lasting power and so many positive reviews, how can you not pass up the chance to own such a wonderful, (and may I add), affordable fragrance?

Jubliant
D and G light blue with different citrus
I have always liked D&G Light Blue and when my friend wore this to class i thought she was wearing D&G but it was this instead.
not too bad, curious to try the lasting power

PBullFriend 3 years ago
Ugly bottle, silly ad. But it's a cheery light citrus/redcurrant scent good for summer at school or office at any age. Cheap on eBay, too!+1
2.5

by Ginger
by Ginger
by Rhubarbara
by Rhubarbara
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana

Popular Moschino

Uomo? (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Cheap and Chic - I Love Love by Moschino Moschino by Moschino Forever (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Fresh Couture by Moschino Cheap and Chic by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Light Clouds by Moschino Glamour by Moschino Funny! by Moschino Couture! by Moschino Moschino pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Pink Bouquet by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Hippy Fizz by Moschino Toujours Glamour by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Chic Petals by Moschino Forever Sailing (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Pink Fresh Couture by Moschino Toy 2 by Moschino Gold Fresh Couture by Moschino Friends Men (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino