Moschino 1987

Moschino by Moschino
Moschino is a popular perfume by Moschino for women and was released in 1987. The scent is spicy-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Galbanum, Honeysuckle, Tagetes
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Carnation, Nutmeg, Patchouli, Pepper, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.09.2020.

"This is you!"
He was regarded as the enfant terrible of Italian haute couture and shared this title for years with the Frenchman Jean Paul Gaultier - Franco Moschino, exceptional talent and revolutionary, self-ironic "court jester" and ambassador at the same time, who with his extraordinary, provocative yet always wearable creations defied the establishment.

Moschino, who had learned and worked for Versace, resisted following the laws of the fashion industry throughout his short life - he accused it of decadence and grotesqueness, unconditional greed for profit and roped parties, and yet the more he scolded it, the more fervently he was loved, praised and roared with celebration.
And in rare sincerity deeply mourned when he, only 44 years old, died in September 1994 from the consequences of HIV infection.

Among those who mourned was I.
I had liked him, this wild boy, who could have been Freddy Mercury's sibling, so strikingly their resemblance seemed to me in some pictures.
I liked the casual non-seriousness of his clothes, the winking rascal grin, the denim jacket printed with peace symbols and hearts, for which I had to spend more money than I could actually afford.
I liked the belt with the golden letters, which bore his name, which a handful of friends had given me for my birthday and which still lies in my cupboard today, although it hasn't fitted me for a long time.
And what I liked best, what I liked most of all, was his fragrance, the first, the only one that was ever something like a signature, which I bought again and again over the years.

I was 19 when we met, "Moschino" and me.
It was the time in my life when almost everything was green-white-red, a coffee was only good if it was called espresso or cappuccino, the biscuits were called cantuccini, amarettini maybe still.
Pizza and pasta were staple foods, a fragrance per se noteworthy if it only came out of the boot.
My style icon was a head shorter, native Venetian with a penchant for high heels in which I could not even stand, let alone walk at her pace.
One day she brought him to Giuseppe's tiny trattoria, where we often met, put him on the table in front of me and said: "That's you!"

And she seemed to be right about that.
Never before and seldom afterwards was I so often spoken to about a fragrance, I was associated with it as much as on the countless days I wore "Moschino" afterwards.
"When I reached my desk after a thirty-minute walk in the morning, dishevelled by the wind and coiffed by the weather, I was told two open office doors away.
"Moschino" was, although not a sledgehammer, powerful and durable, it remained from early morning until late at night.
He wrapped me in warm glow, in old dark gold, in velvet, brocade and terracotta.
He straightened my back and shoulders, set my feet firmly on any surface.
A fragrance like a palazzo, timeless, noble, of morbid elegance - crumbling frescoes, flaking plaster, an old Michelangelo on the ceiling.

"Moschino" snuggles up, but doesn't cuddle, doesn't cuddle - the warmth it radiates is never deceptive about corners, points, edges, about resistance and obstinacy.
It bears the signature of its creator, its namesake - despite all the owlish mirroring and all the capers, Franco Moschino always placed great value on true value, not only the monetary value, be it in his clothes or in this fragrance.
And perhaps now, a good three decades later, it is time for flacon number six.
What the hell?
... a year ago at the airport in Palma I met a smell of my storm and urge time again: Moschino !
Short sprayed and wifffff:
As special as then. Velvet dry, with dignified elegant Kawumm-

too especially to be vulgar or intrusive or too much to work.
At that time, as in this moment, a dream fragrance, sensual without being sexy, round without being too muckelig, oriental-spicy without being too spicy..., a touch of green alchemy without being too leafy.
Minimal warm without being too cuddly...
Just great.
Well
Blind as winter scent ordered to give my Actually z zt only - almost always - scent Balenciaga Paris a break - because for me it means spring until late summer and I am afraid of scent blindness and because Moschino simply at the airport
good (memory) feelings.

Now the package ripped open...
A sprayer in the air on s Kleenex..
Irritated... what's that?
It almost smelled fruity? Can't be
Perhaps once again the Vapo operate and immediately on the skin.
It doesn't trigger what I experienced on the PMU.
Rather the association of an imho nerve scent : Obsession!!!
Help!
Had unbelievingly followed the Kommis here the Obsession as a Duftzwilling named and exactly that I feel right now also! Obsessions something more discreet elegant sister!

If I hadn't before a
Year Moschino in Pmi tested and so grandiosely felt like 1989 then I would mean, I would have transfigured smell memory, or now simply another ' taste '!

Was today just the wrong day? 12 hours of KITA, team meeting, and parents' evening... Overexcited and saturated.

Like when I tested Balenciaga Paris I couldn't understand its popularity and description, which I found quite lovely and auvh louder than afterwards.
...which I have appropriated today as a companion that makes me happy? And I'm terribly complicated about scents.

I'm at a loss and will still give Moschino two chances..
I want (the old baaaamg so much)

But I'm really sad that he doesn't seem to do anything for me anymore, except to have to worry that he meets me in the face and annoys me...
My idea: Can it be that before 1 J in Palma the (still) one or a shelf place had vintage bottles, or whatever there?!

Or is sometimes reformulated annually around its own axis.
The special, somewhat medically unwarm- resinous and exquisite is missing me (today) totally...
What the hell???
Meanwhile I smell nothing more at Kleenex and arm - totally knocked out.
Only my son says, joa smells good but for the small children in kindergarten not so, because too obtrusive...
* aaaargh*. Saltindie wound.
And yes he should be more f the private hours ;)

Jazzy76
flashback to a night at the theatre
Dear old Moschino, I smelled you today after many years and again it was love at first smell.
You're the perfect Eighties son: rich, opulent, perfectly harmonized, with a strong character and wonderful sillage.
You look like a joke in your weird and funny golden "wine bottle" with the Italian tri-colored ribbon, but you hide a true sexy potion!
I remember when I owned your miniature and I wore some drops for a night at the theatre. I was only a teenager but your rich bouquet hypnotized me without resulting too ladylike or mature on my Young skin.
Now I'm mature and I realized that you are my cup of tea!
your galbanum and tagetes opening notes give you immediately a strong character.
Your rich heart is a true flowery-spicy bomb, the quintessence of the feminity in the pure 80es'style. In particular, the carnation, the nutmeg, and the peppery touch are unmistakable and unforgettable.
Finally, your warm and sweet base: musk, amber, and vanilla.
You're a Scent with the majuscule S but you're such an ironic pretty woman joking with Her beauty. your spicy soul and your funny packaging give you a Young touch making you an evergreen and a must have also after 30 years. In my opinion, you're one of the milestones of the contemporary perfumery, although you're not as legendary as other foreigner brands' scents.
I looked at the prices: you aren't cheap, it's true but surely less expensive than other similar perfumes.
I couldn't forget that night at the theatre while I was smelling all the time your bouquet and I must confess that I miss you: before you go out of the picture, I think I'll buy you and wear you again to keep forever my youth's best memories!

80s powerhouse
First off I really wish I was around in the 80s to remember how vibrant it was, alas I was a child of the 90s. Wearing this beautiful scent makes me feel like I'm in the 80s, so intoxicating and alive. All the notes blend wonderfully with the patchouli really shining through. Can't recommend it enough all the other reviews say it best.

MasterLi
A grown up, in control type of fragrance
To me this is very herbal, spicy, warm and a little fiery but at the same time, a calm scent as well. The fire cools on you and lingers in the background. I get a lot of the amber, so in this respect it is a lot like a spicy, ambery type scent, perhaps somewhat like an Ambre Sultan type thing. The galbanum also reminds me of the incense vibe in Opium eau de parfum female version, and I find this fragrance equally amazing in it's dry down.

I really like this fragrance, and whilst I originally bought this as a gift for a successful woman. I find it intoxicating and enjoy it on my skin as well (as I did with the richer, EDP female Opium by YSL). I think if you are a very successful type of female, probably in late twenties, early thirties onward, this can be a power scent. It says "I'm here, and I got here because I worked hard to be here" kind-of-scent. REAL women wear this, women who work hard and matter in their job etc.

Very classy... and definitely highly recommended.

Cozy celebration
Utterly charming and mysterious perfume: musky tones, lovely flowers, a touch of vanilla, warm wood.

Associations: cold winter mist, white damask, short days, a celebration, maybe even a wedding..

So glad I own a bottle.

Dulcemio
a memorable floriental with a classic feel
I find classic florals, such as Moschino by Moschino, more to my liking than the most current floral releases.

Why? Because of all the reasons so eloquently stated by the previous reviewers. It's a perfume's perfume, with a richness, depth and maturity that recall a bygone era when mainstream perfumes weren't afraid to make a statement.

Double Yum
My favorite Moschino: I adore Orientals and this one has that rare mix that smells wonderful on my skin. I adore Patchouli (in the right amount!) and this Moschino happens to deliver just that. A wonderful silage and a powdery dry down that always lures you with a hint of Patchouli! Wonderful!

Spicy and clean perfection
For years now I have been passing this fragrance by on the stores, I never had any curiosity to try it, though I really love Moschino as a house and I really respect them for their unpretentious, simple and quality creations. So come months earlier I suddenly got my hands in small of bottle of this classic 80's scent, and oh what a pleasant surprise!
I agree that this is spicy and soapy at the same time, a perfect combiination for cold winter days as the spiciness warms you up and the soapiness gives a clean feeling. You can immediately feel this comes from the glorious 80's, it has a loudness, it has a character. I cant feel the floral notes but i believe they are there to subdue the strong spices. I enjoy so much wearing it, probably my most wearable for the last months..
I think I will always have a bottle of it in my collection.

Powder and spice
Moschino is no doubt a classic fragrance which has somehow slipped under the radar during the last few decades.

I very rarely hear of this signature scent by Moschino, it seems that their fruity florals and more modern offerings have gained them more success. A shame seeing how elegant and refined this fragrance actually is.

Moschino is spicy yet soapy. The spicy components in the opening when blended with the vanilla, patchouli and floral notes in the drydown, gives this fragrance a beautiful, creamy texture which I really admire.

This fragrance is similar to the classic and highly praised Boucheron pour Femme, although it is perhaps not as complex.

I like Moschino's simplicity and also love the fact that for an eau de toilette, this fragrance lasts almost a whole day.

I highly recommend.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 22 months ago
Rich, spicy, aromatic, the perfect 80es'son. For me the n.1 of the Moschino's scents. Pretty the Golden bottle.Good sillage.Quite high price

Leuchtturm mit Lampe
by Digindirt
by Sweetgrass
by Sweetgrass

Popular Moschino

Uomo? (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Cheap and Chic - I Love Love by Moschino Moschino pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Forever (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Toy Boy by Moschino Couture! by Moschino Gold Fresh Couture by Moschino Funny! by Moschino Friends Men (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Cheap and Chic by Moschino Glamour by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Light Clouds by Moschino Forever Sailing (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Toy 2 by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Hippy Fizz by Moschino Fresh Couture by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Chic Petals by Moschino Toujours Glamour by Moschino Oh! de Moschino by Moschino Toy by Moschino