Moschino (1987)

Moschino by Moschino

Moschino is a popular perfume by Moschino for women and was released in 1987. The scent is spicy-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Galbanum, Honeysuckle, Tagetes
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Carnation, Nutmeg, Patchouli, Pepper, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.01.2019

7.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Jazzy76
flashback to a night at the theatre
Dear old Moschino, I smelled you today after many years and again it was love at first smell.
You're the perfect Eighties son: rich, opulent, perfectly harmonized, with a strong character and wonderful sillage.
You look like a joke in your weird and funny golden "wine bottle" with the Italian tri-colored ribbon, but you hide a true sexy potion!
I remember when I owned your miniature and I wore some drops for a night at the theatre. I was only a teenager but your rich bouquet hypnotized me without resulting too ladylike or mature on my Young skin.
Now I'm mature and I realized that you are my cup of tea!
your galbanum and tagetes opening notes give you immediately a strong character.
Your rich heart is a true flowery-spicy bomb, the quintessence of the feminity in the pure 80es'style. In particular, the carnation, the nutmeg, and the peppery touch are unmistakable and unforgettable.
Finally, your warm and sweet base: musk, amber, and vanilla.
You're a Scent with the majuscule S but you're such an ironic pretty woman joking with Her beauty. your spicy soul and your funny packaging give you a Young touch making you an evergreen and a must have also after 30 years. In my opinion, you're one of the milestones of the contemporary perfumery, although you're not as legendary as other foreigner brands' scents.
I looked at the prices: you aren't cheap, it's true but surely less expensive than other similar perfumes.
I couldn't forget that night at the theatre while I was smelling all the time your bouquet and I must confess that I miss you: before you go out of the picture, I think I'll buy you and wear you again to keep forever my youth's best memories!

80s powerhouse
First off I really wish I was around in the 80s to remember how vibrant it was, alas I was a child of the 90s. Wearing this beautiful scent makes me feel like I'm in the 80s, so intoxicating and alive. All the notes blend wonderfully with the patchouli really shining through. Can't recommend it enough all the other reviews say it best.
10.0 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

MasterLi
A grown up, in control type of fragrance
To me this is very herbal, spicy, warm and a little fiery but at the same time, a calm scent as well. The fire cools on you and lingers in the background. I get a lot of the amber, so in this respect it is a lot like a spicy, ambery type scent, perhaps somewhat like an Ambre Sultan type thing. The galbanum also reminds me of the incense vibe in Opium eau de parfum female version, and I find this fragrance equally amazing in it's dry down.

I really like this fragrance, and whilst I originally bought this as a gift for a successful woman. I find it intoxicating and enjoy it on my skin as well (as I did with the richer, EDP female Opium by YSL). I think if you are a very successful type of female, probably in late twenties, early thirties onward, this can be a power scent. It says "I'm here, and I got here because I worked hard to be here" kind-of-scent. REAL women wear this, women who work hard and matter in their job etc.

Very classy... and definitely highly recommended.
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Cozy celebration
Utterly charming and mysterious perfume: musky tones, lovely flowers, a touch of vanilla, warm wood.

Associations: cold winter mist, white damask, short days, a celebration, maybe even a wedding..

So glad I own a bottle.
10.0/10

Dulcemio
a memorable floriental with a classic feel
I find classic florals, such as Moschino by Moschino, more to my liking than the most current floral releases.

Why? Because of all the reasons so eloquently stated by the previous reviewers. It's a perfume's perfume, with a richness, depth and maturity that recall a bygone era when mainstream perfumes weren't afraid to make a statement.

Double Yum
My favorite Moschino: I adore Orientals and this one has that rare mix that smells wonderful on my skin. I adore Patchouli (in the right amount!) and this Moschino happens to deliver just that. A wonderful silage and a powdery dry down that always lures you with a hint of Patchouli! Wonderful!

Spicy and clean perfection
For years now I have been passing this fragrance by on the stores, I never had any curiosity to try it, though I really love Moschino as a house and I really respect them for their unpretentious, simple and quality creations. So come months earlier I suddenly got my hands in small of bottle of this classic 80's scent, and oh what a pleasant surprise!
I agree that this is spicy and soapy at the same time, a perfect combiination for cold winter days as the spiciness warms you up and the soapiness gives a clean feeling. You can immediately feel this comes from the glorious 80's, it has a loudness, it has a character. I cant feel the floral notes but i believe they are there to subdue the strong spices. I enjoy so much wearing it, probably my most wearable for the last months..
I think I will always have a bottle of it in my collection.
7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Powder and spice
Moschino is no doubt a classic fragrance which has somehow slipped under the radar during the last few decades.

I very rarely hear of this signature scent by Moschino, it seems that their fruity florals and more modern offerings have gained them more success. A shame seeing how elegant and refined this fragrance actually is.

Moschino is spicy yet soapy. The spicy components in the opening when blended with the vanilla, patchouli and floral notes in the drydown, gives this fragrance a beautiful, creamy texture which I really admire.

This fragrance is similar to the classic and highly praised Boucheron pour Femme, although it is perhaps not as complex.

I like Moschino's simplicity and also love the fact that for an eau de toilette, this fragrance lasts almost a whole day.

I highly recommend.
10.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

It's A Perfume!
Moschino's signature fragrance, MOSCHINO, is a real gem: a layered, complex, chypre-like oriental which stands out from the crowd with its marked marigold (tagetes) note and conspicuous absence of the sweetness which has taken the oriental category by storm. Among the other focal notes are some pretty hard hitters, including galbanum, nutmeg, and clove, but they are balanced out by a bountiful floral bouquet and a substantial and sturdy but smooth amber-woody base. I was truly delighted to discover this splendid creation, purchased scent-unsniffed on a hunch, and it has turned out to be my favorite of the Moschino line-up.

I am sorry to have to pick on The Holey[sic] Book again, but Luca Turin mentions in his review both L'HEURE BLEUE and EMERAUDE, which bear absolutely no relation to MOSCHINO, whether in notes, structure, or tone. Clearly L'HEURE BLEUE and EMERAUDE can be spoken of sensibly as olfactory neighbors, along with SHALIMAR as well, but MOSCHINO really inhabits an entirely different part of the world. Rather than blue or blue-green, MOSCHINO is golden brown. My other gripe with LT's "review" is that he calls this perfume "second-rank" and then gives it four stars. Well, the four stars are certainly right in my book: this one is a real winner!

With big sillage, potency, and longevity, MOSCHINO is a made-in-the-1980s classic which deserves to live on and on. The edt is super strong, in fact, so strong that it is best enjoyed when applied in the manner of pure perfume. I heartily recommend this excellent and distinctive tagetes-oriental-chypre creation!

Jazzy76 96 days ago
Rich, spicy, aromatic, the perfect 80es'son. For me the n.1 of the Moschino's scents. Pretty the Golden bottle.Good sillage.Quite high price+1

by Blödel
by DonVanVliet
by Sweetgrass
by Sweetgrass

Popular Moschino

Uomo? (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Cheap and Chic - I Love Love by Moschino Moschino by Moschino Forever (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Fresh Couture by Moschino Cheap and Chic by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Light Clouds by Moschino Glamour by Moschino Funny! by Moschino Couture! by Moschino Pink Bouquet by Moschino Moschino pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Hippy Fizz by Moschino Toujours Glamour by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Chic Petals by Moschino Forever Sailing (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Pink Fresh Couture by Moschino Friends Men (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Gold Fresh Couture by Moschino Oh! de Moschino by Moschino