Toy Boy 2019

Toy Boy by Moschino
Bottle Design Jeremy Scott
Toy Boy is a popular perfume by Moschino for men and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by EuroItalia. Pronunciation

Yann Vasnier

MagnoliaMagnolia
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiverHaitian vetiver
Ambermax®Ambermax®
Sylkolide™Sylkolide™

Submitted by Morpheus1, last update on 17.01.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is Brazilian model Jhonattan Burjack.

MikeMikeMikeMike 2 years ago

„OK Boomer”

"OK Boomer" is a catchphrase and meme that gained popularity among younger cohorts from 2019, used to dismiss or mock attitudes stereotypically attributed to the baby...
AgnesEvaAgnesEva 2 years ago

„I need a shower.”

My friend and dear YouTube subscriber Eduardo commented yesterday on my channel that he would appreciate if I said something about this fragrance. So, I went to the shopping...

Sexy sexy sexy!
I knew this almost a year ago in a local perfumery. I have to say though, if you haven't tried this fragrance already, smell it with an open mind.
You might think: Why?

Well, it is a very unique smell. I think it is extremely challenging culturally here in Mexico, even to the point where i have known at least one comment of a person in a perfume group being afraid of projecting a "gay" image of himself for wearing it. It is still quite a taboo here for a men to wear a floral perfume, (The same way it is also quite a taboo saying that a men uses "perfume" instead of "lotion" here in Mexico, damn with those boomers...) and the gay culture influenced ads of this perfume also add to this overall taboo using Moschino Toy boy. That is exactly the same reason that makes this frag a sexy beast.

I don't think is particularly masculine, it leans towards the masculine but it is pretty unisex. To my nose this is one of the weirdest fragrances i have ever tried. Let's describe it as a rose covered in pink pepper, and you throw on top of it a huge juicy pear... In that sense, it is a purely italian fragrance.
And to some, the opening smells like tamarindo, a typical mexican "fruit". (I am from Mexico and i personally don't know WTF a tamarindo actually is) Then it dries down to an extremely sexy and lovely, powdery rose, and in the base we have some musk and woods.

I personally am very happy of knowing this and having one of the greatest memories in my life while wearing it. I used it on a first date that i was wanting to get since i met the lady, and it went so nicely, i would actually say it was the greatest day in my whole life. Having met the girl (Surprisingly she asked me for my number) while i was wearing a leather (faux) jacket and looking quite edgy, i didn't knew what to wear on the date. I asked a friend who recommended me showing a refined, even delicate aesthetic. I then put on a cardigan over a t shirt, wore a quite messy hair and some all black Chuck Taylors. And on top, the greatest thing i could have worn: The rose Moschino frag.

Unfortunately i sold it some months ago, not because i disliked it, but rather because i needed some money and it reminded me painfully of that person and the ending of the relationship with her, my "guera". (A gorgeous, slightly blonde girl from the city, the person i have loved the most in my life)

bottom line: I am biased with this frag, it is part of a mixture of memories involving several senses such as sight, (Looking at the city) smell, (This frag) hearing, (Music) eating chocolate with her and touching her hand as the most awaited and wished thing i could ever do. Smell it

UNIQUE ONE & MUST HAVE
1- Beside the uniqueness and great quality, I believe somehow it will boost the projection and longevity for the other fragrance in (( layering )) keep this in your mind and try it, for sure, you will feeling the other layered fragrance start project more one your skin and on your clothes,

2- Honestly I'm not into rose notes in the perfume world, until I tried this one, at first, I didn't take it seriously, I have laughed in first time

3- Now I love it, from time to time I miss it, I like to wear it without layering.

Deceptively Delightful
A word of caution, to start off; don't be fooled by the bottle and its seemingly innocent appearance. The elixir within is far removed from any semblance of purity.

ToyBoy is an interesting fragrance. That's the simplest way to explain it. Interesting. Unfortunately, however, ToyBoy is anything but simple. It's complex, nuanced and a head scratcher (and turner) to say the least.

Now I haven't had the pleasure, or privilege, of putting my nose on many (or any) particularly high end rose fragrances, so I won't be able to comment on how it compares in terms of quality. However, for something so inexpensive, it doesn't smell too terribly synthetic to my untrained nose, nor does it smell like your traditional, deep red rose (a la American Beauty). No this is a greener, less mature flower. And that's what makes it so decidedly erotic in my opinion.

It smells like the remnants of an encounter of the most personal nature, like walking into a gathering after indulging your baser instincts only minutes prior. And in this specific scenario, it's decidedly feminine. However the fragrance as a whole, is absolutely not. The "green" smelling rose is mixed with a spicy clove accord that flits through, taking from the delicate nature of the rose and adding something rugged to it. And as the scent goes towards it's dry-down, the clove and rose is joined by a warm, woody musk, and something bitter and earthy, to flesh it out even more. The rose accord stays throughout, and is prominent, but is tempered by the other more traditionally masculine notes coming into play. Don't get me wrong though. This is anything but a subtle seductress. It is powerful, and lays claim to your body as its own, so be prepared to wash it off and burn your clothes to get rid of it.

I wouldn't say this is a unisex scent. It is masculine, no doubt about it. But it takes a certain kind of man to pull off, and it's definitely not everyone's cup of coffee. It takes a great deal of confidence in yourself and your sexuality to pull this scent off. But if you're unapologetic, then the salacious blend of taboo and carnal want that is ToyBoy will definitely suit you. ToyBoy is risqué, unapologetic, and evokes imagery of the least appropriate nature for mixed company.

Is it worth trying? Absolutely.
Is it blind buy worthy? Most definitely not.

To summarize: Erotic. Bold. Unapologetic.

Two Faced.
Disagree:
Don't get it wrong, this is not a rose forward perfume, this is a spicy first, floral second perfume, I tested this and then let my wife smell it, she said it smelled like a bunch of freshly cracked peppers on cutting board made out of rosewood, and that's a pretty accurate observation, pink pepper has that floral undertone to it which helps the rose shine even more, so it's not a punchy in your face rose.

Agree:
It's creamy and a little juicy/fruity, and up until that point everything is slightly masculine, but no more, as soon as it becomes a skin scent, this delicate amber sweetness comes into play, and now it turns completely feminine, so feminine in fact that I decided not to get it, this has nothing to do with boldness or confidence, if you are the most masculine man out there, you're not gonna be comfortable wearing feminine perfumes, that's just a fact, however I agree, it's a unisex creation, pretty unique and pretty bold of Moschino to market it as masculine, but that's to be expected, Moschino are nothing if not bold.

Disagree:
I'm also finding myself come to a complete disagreement with people saying that this is a linear, one dimensional fragrance, opening is spicy floral masculine, the dry down is resinous sweet feminine, it's like a two faced clown, and not a funny one, but rather a surprising one, in a very pleasant way.

Notes detected by my nose: pink pepper, floral notes, pear, cloves, sandalwood, amber and bergamot.

Not blind buy safe at all, this is a very specific and acquired taste, not for everyone.

Performance is monstrous for both longevity and sillage.

Although unique and really pleasant, sadly the dry down turned my away from this fragrance, my wife might get it though, lol

Confusing name
I received this fragrance as a gift and I was glad to have it. The 1st time that I saw it on the shelves I was like "Awww, what a cutie, this might smell sweet & childish" and the cute little teddy bear wearing full black was standing there like "Awww you don't say".
This is a floral, creamy, woody, earthy and mature smell. The rose is very pronounced.. I can also feel it as a clean and slightly soapy (citruses I guess does the trick).
I see it pretty similar to TF Cafe Rose, this being a fuller, thicker, sweeter and more complex version of Toy Boy. And definitely unisex whereas this one is pretty masculine and not that sweet.
This smells like dry rose petals that were left & forgotten many years in an old book. It smells a bit like history lol.
I really appreciate it and I see the hype behind it now. This can be a very interesting take as a smell. Some people are considering it niche quality and I can also say that it smells pretty good and expensive.

Price ? This can be "caught" very cheap sometimes (discounters). I mean 30-50$ for a really nice quality fragrance. I can say that it's totally worth it.

Versatility ? Fall & Winter only at night time. This can be a perfect signature scent for a gentleman that likes to smell good & unique. Nothing to be seen here for a teenager.

Performance ? Heard beast mode left & right. Not the case for me. Not a bad performer either.
7-8 hours with a moderate projection. You'll make your presence known.

TBH, I wouldn't buy this a 2nd time. Even if it's not my favourite, maybe I'll gift it to a suitable person.
Try it ! It might be your lucky winner !

Sprayer works GREAT ! Phew, phew left and right and you're more than ready to go.

Overall : 7/10
FrankyFC
Confusing, but somehow extraordinary!
The name "ToyBoy" is confusing in my eyes but also somehow apt. He was one of my numerous blind purchases at the beginning of my fragrance journey. Had few expectations in the fragrance itself, just found the bottle very unusual and lovely.

So after unboxing I sprayed on the fragrance as usual and drove to work. Since my nose was only used to the "conventional designer pool" at the time, this car ride was a kind of revelation for me. It's not a complex fragrance wonder, of course, but it was a whole new experience for my nose at the time.

ToyBoy was the first fragrance to date with which I associated an experience! And I do to this day: it reminds me of when I was a child with my grandfather weed removed from his garden. Like the freshly cut leaves and stands of plants. Even if that sounds very unromantic now , that was always a wonderful time for me with my grandpa!

But my "weed comparison" is in no way meant to be pejorative of the fragrance DNA, because I find the perfume very pleasant and challenging at the same time.

All in all, it is a crazy contemporary for me, whose name, bottle and fragrance just come across as delightfully confusing! But my memory of a beautiful childhood always awaken.

Thanks for this..
Big mouth, big smile
So, where to start here... probably at the beginning. I have tested this fragrance with a very good friend in a nearby perfumery, after my nose of tens of fragrances has already slowly asked for mercy I still discovered this bottle very far down the shelf. You can hardly miss it, black teddy with a giant head and chokerchain, as discreet as the Moschino designer himself. Since I have heard a lot on YouTube, from price-performance to very feminine and to nothing to use I wanted to make me (as always) my own picture of this fragrance. At this point, a tip: wait to sniff it. What do I mean by that? I sprayed it on, didn't wait and smelled it: BÄÄM, like a slap in the face the pepper hits me, my nose resists for now and my friend, recovering from laughing at my reaction, asks directly: " And? How is it?"
"Do not know, but that is hyped? Different smells that already, but good I would not say now times."
So if you don't want to set your nose hairs on fire, wait 1-2 minutes after spraying, then the pepper will settle and for the price you'll get by far the best rose scent I've had the pleasure of smelling. Roses, incense, pepper ( present for a very long time as it progresses, but only strong at the beginning) and something sweet ( whatever that may be) are the main parts for me. Very interesting, sniffed it on my arm for hours, really great. After my following enthusiasm has given me this same friend Toy Boy for my birthday (thanks Daniel
Purple rain
I never meant to cause you any sorrow I never meant to cause you any pain
I only wanted you in a bed of black roses
I only wanted to see you Laughing in the purple rain

I only wanted to see you
Bathing in spicy herbs of a purple rain

I never wanted to be your boy toy or weekend lover
I only wanted to be some kind of friend (hey)
Baby, I could never steal you from another
It's such a shame it had to end, when we choked it up in a purple train

Purple rain, purple rain Purple rain, purple rain
I only wanted to see you
In Vetvier, herbs pure and in the purple rain

Honey, I know, I know
I know times are changing

You say you don't want to smell my spicy rosy cigarettes
But you can't seem to make up your mind

I think you better close it
And let me guide you with black roses in the purple rain

------------

Addendum to the fragrance:
Really nice rosy, really nice spicy, really nice nostalgic.

Not completely unique but still nice... I'll go sing some more... Only wanted to see you in the purple rain.
Bear Surprise.....
Yes I bought the bear.
I have long struggled with me. Is but the flacon anything but beautiful and elegant. But he hides a strong fragrance in itself.
The first time applied he liked me right away. I find the fragrance is built very linear. That is good. He should also not change much. As he is at the beginning, I would like to have him always perform.
I think the pear makes it for me a particularly good fragrance. I know no other fragrance, which one of my favorite fruits so beautifully reproduces.
Simply delicious what they have created there.

Only the packaging I find anything but beautiful. The perfume would have earned a more elegant bottle. Also, the name is not really flattering.
But as they say so beautiful.....Augen zu und durch.
Val
Damn! Why's so complicated?!
Rarely have I struggled so hard with a review as with this black teddy bear from Moschino.
Should I love him, or hate?
Can I take the fragrance seriously, or does the ridiculous flacon prevail?
It's so fckn complicated!

The provocative presentation is certainly an eye-catcher for perfume newcomers and young people, but old hands will be put off with it rather.

If you dare then but to the fragrance, you get something completely different delivered than you would actually expect.
I expected a sugary sweet 0815 shower gel fragrance, but instead a wayward rose resin surprised my nose.

Yes, I would describe it as rose resin, because the strong floral and feminine notes are surrounded by something masculine and animalic.
The floral notes fortunately diminish over time, making way for
a fine tart spice blend a la 1001 Nights.
Alone therefore it could also well be an Orientale.
I think Montale, or Mancera also have similar fragrance lines in their range, but cost a few euros more.

The question for me now is, is it wearable or not?!
I say jain.
If you are brave, you can walk the teddy bear, but it will polarize.
One(s) must already have a certain sympathy to rose scents, otherwise it will be nix.

An animalistic, mysterious and sexy aura I can already certify the fragrance, but he can also quickly annoying.
Just because he is already quite loud after spraying and has a strong sillage.
No fragrance for every day, no Everyone Darling fragrance, but he has what.
Damn, why's so complicated?!

DPArtistDPArtist 2 months ago
An interesting scent, fresh floral with light spice - rose & magnolia prominent to me, it gets more peppery later. Not for everyone!
QudahQudah 4 months ago
That black teddy bear should have a pink rose between his arms, what a powerful rosy fragrance.
Thumbs up Mr. Teddy Bear
Nik604Nik604 5 months ago
There is no power in this world that can force me to wear such a gross and dreadful ..something!
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 6 months ago
Very creative creation. The rose note is quite prominent and stays throug out the whole developement. Handle with care - quite potant
HugoMontezHugoMontez 7 months ago
A weird combination between green pear and rose. Unique, a bit odd yet funny. Has a plastic feel that came from some new aromachemical. 3/5
DraxlerDraxler 9 months ago
I cannot understand such a low grade. An original fragrance with good parameters.
JuandsqJuandsq 10 months ago
Sencillamente este es un perfume "Único" genera controversia, halagos, comentarios malos, comentarios buenos....en fin me gusta!!!
CarterHammCarterHamm 1 year ago
I was concerned at first that it was too feminine. I don’t care anymore. It’s a beautiful fragrance. Peppery floral and it really performs.
AdriGTAAdriGTA 1 year ago
Spicy floral is the best way to say what is this perfume; very well blended. If you are not afraid to use florals, give a try. Recomended.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Toy Boy smells like a spicy fresh rose. I only get the pepper, the nutmeg and the rose. It's not unpleasant but not interesting for me.

Hmpff ... Dreh' dich doch mal! Hier ist die Kamera!
by Parfumine
Das arme Bärchen ist schon wieder in Gefahr! ;-)
by Parfumine
Zusammen ist es schöner!
Boy mit Toy?
by Sascha75
by Sascha75
Fast ein wenig brav der Kleine!
by TomLavender
Design-Unfall oder Kultobjekt? Aufgenommen im Laden - in meine Sammlung nicht.
by Serlo
by Serlo
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular Moschino

Moschino by Moschino Uomo? (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Moschino pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Cheap and Chic - I Love Love by Moschino Forever (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Funny! by Moschino Couture! by Moschino Gold Fresh Couture by Moschino Toy 2 by Moschino Cheap and Chic by Moschino Toy 2 Bubble Gum (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Friends Men (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Forever Sailing (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Glamour by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Light Clouds by Moschino Fresh Couture by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Hippy Fizz by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Chic Petals by Moschino Cheap and Chic - So Real by Moschino Toujours Glamour by Moschino