Toy Boy 2019

Toy Boy by Moschino
Bottle Design Jeremy Scott
Toy Boy is a perfume by Moschino for men and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by EuroItalia. Pronunciation

Yann Vasnier

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamot, Pink pepper, Pear, Elemi resin, Indonesian nutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Rose absolute, Flax blossom, Magnolia
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiver, Ambermax®, Sylkolide™

Submitted by Morpheus1, last update on 14.02.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is Brazilian model Jhonattan Burjack.

Moschino Toy Boy EDP
This is a gorgeous scent. It is a very pleasant smell that I think is totally unisex. The opening with that soft pink pepper and pear is so addictive and moreish to smell. The smooth Rose blended with the vetiver gives a silky smoothness to the perfume. It's a very pretty smell. Definitely no skank or hardness to it. But the vetiver and amber base stops it from being overly feminine. And makes it cling to the skin. And gives it a solid foundation. So good longevity and Sillage overall. Amazing and unique. Scent 10/10

ScentSlave
It has a very unique feel to it;
And you definitely DON’T want to make your decision based on a test card... this one definitely gives a much different vibe when it hits the skin. POTENT... from the very start... with a very, VERY sweet, floral opening...

This one is definitely a polar/heads or tails scent. You either LOVE it or HATE it. Take no prisoners, one side of the coin, is or isn’t. Absolutely no “in the middle” vibe to it.

If you’re not into softer feeling scents, stay away from it. FAR away, as the projection is EPIC. AN EASY 4+ Foot radius, with a LONG, LINGERING sillage trail that follows. Longevity is easily 8 hours+ as well, so unless you’re willing to wear a sweet, loud, floral scent that calls for attention, you’re not going to want to sport it.

For me personally though? I’m loving it. As it dries down, it gains a slightly more masculine feel, but it’s still totally flowery...

Call it “a night on the town” or “adventurous” feeling tone, but it’s one I’d happily sport on the colder winters nights out... especially with the “social distancing” and mask wearing mandates of the new age... you need “beast mode” to even make a scent worthy of investment.
5.5

I'm not a "Toy Boy"
NOTE: This is not a complete review because I haven't been able to try the fragrance multiple times in different occasions for reasons which I describe below:

I don't like talking about fragrances that I dislike, but given the immense hype of this "Toy Boy", I feel obliged.

I've read (and heard on Youtube) that it's an unique fragrance; I disagree: I know several rose-based perfumes for women (which I won't name now) that this reminds me of... Especially the most popular of a luxurious seductive lingerie brand.

I always give each fragrance a chance, but with this one I had to shower again to take it off before leaving home (after +/- 3h on skin):

I constantly meet serious and important people; I can't go to a meeting smelling like this. It seems that I came from having sex with a girl in the car and the smell of her perfume has remained in me.

If you ask me if this "Toy Boy" it's different from the latest trend perfumes for men, I'll say yes. But in a bad way.

This perfume is simply not stylish. It's not that it's bad, it's that it's out of place: this isn't suitable for serious men and I know similar but classy ones for women. It probably fits much better with "toy boys" - like the one in the ad - or Drag Queens, perhaps. Without any controversy, they seem to be the target consumers.

The scent:

I won't extend much with this, basically it's a very prominent and powdery rose, fresh and "aerial" - which further enhances its feminine effect -. Everything else is well blended and drives the main motif of the fragrance: That spicy rose, breezy and watery but intense, feminine but slightly androgynous and animalic.

Projection is strong and it's very long lasting.

Conclusion:

I would never wear this, I can't recommend it. There are several floral and rose-based perfumes that I love, so this is not the problem. Not at all.

I still have a couple of testers and I've asked several female friends of mine: None of them liked it for me. Two even told me it was disgusting (for a man).

So I got off the "hype" train as quickly as possible. I started to run...

... And I've never looked back!
Chevalier
Compliments may be a pleasure for the self-confidence, but never a medicine. Ernst, Prof. Dr. Christian
Most of the fragrances I like for myself and I wear them because they support my mood for the day.
It can happen that I study a fragrance when it comes back about a repurchase or to whom I will give it away Not so with this playing boy, he runs after you whether you like it or not, he hides and suddenly he comes out in front of a rack and announces loudly that he is still here. Either this snotty brat annoys you or the humor wins over this naivety and kindness
As an advocate of strength, directness and sovereignty, he must be considered a top performer. He is peppery and off-beat in the opening like no other fragrance in this price range.
For a designer product Euroitalia has pulled out all the stops here.
The new Eros eau de parfum also gives hope.

The only disadvantage of the cash register in the miller is that you have to be very resistant against discriminating looks, similar to a love utensil, with this little black bear in leather on the cash register tape. Not all righteous citizens and people who prefer to watch other people rather than themselves understand this.
The heavy metal fan with the thin long hair and bald forehead with the Axe-Wilde scent, the tank top with the worn light blue jeans and the black old shoes that smell all the way to the cardholder, this bear is a mystery.
Just as for the Jack Wolfskin Shoftshell-mid-forties with the healing sandals which probably also come from the adventurer Jack, the accurately boring haircut and the organic ear-sticks, this one doesn't resemble a homosexual bear at all and is a declaration of war on normality and virus-like conventionality.

For all others an absolute recommendation. No one lasts longer and remains true to his line.
Nutmeg appears quite dominant after pepper and leaves many contemporaries with the question what smells so pleasant here.

With the compliment index of 0-10, for example, an Eros is on a seven, this blackboy is on a nine.
The feminine rose with clove leaves no one cold. At temperatures around 32 Plus, it still goes, but with the necessary caution, as the compliments could quickly change into feelings of annoyance.
If this happens, however, I stand up straight with my leather suit, pull my dark leather cap up and show the alleged harassment victim with two fingers and the gesture on him afterwards to my eyes that I am watching him...

Rquill67
Wow! Bloddy 'ell.... mate...
Wow! Bloody 'ell... I mean really truly awesome fragrance! This smells niche to me, great quality ingredients and blended well. It's really challenging for a designer to pull off rose really well. There are some in the community who may stave off Moschino's Toy Boy because of the rose, but I'm here to tell you that this rose fragrance is blended so well with the pepper, that it's easy to wear. Doesn't smell like an old ladies purse, a lipstick bag or synthetic. This fragrance is definitely unisex. At the top it's all about the pepper that makes this warm and spicy; then right behind that in the mid is the rose, nutmeg, magnolia, and pear. In the dry down cashmeran, amber, clove and cinnamon. Every once in a while a designer fragrance comes along that does what a designer fragrance is supposed to do; stay designer, but break the mold just ever so slightly to make a unique fragrance setting itself apart from the rest! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this fragrance which can be worn, spring, fall and winter, for day and evening. I wouldn't use for the office or in the heat of the summer. I can't wait to start using this one in the fall and winter months. 10 / 10 for me!

OK Boomer
"OK Boomer" is a catchphrase and meme that gained popularity among younger cohorts from 2019, used to dismiss or mock attitudes stereotypically attributed to the baby boomer generation.

When you look at how this perfume is presented, the bottle in a shape of bear you might be under impression that it more for a younger audience. However, there are some slight hints, black bottle, decapitation in order to use, or advertisement you might expect that not everything is obvious here.

Like the first smell, asking you to think for the minute WTF is that??? However, once you get used to it have some perks. Yes, it is synthetic, but at the same time complicated and not obvious. A lovely interpretation of rose, is it masculine rose? Well, it can be, depending on who is wearing it. In addition to rose, you have some paper, spice notes. But really this one is hard to describe, it is something not usual, more on niche side than mainstream.

Great projection, and longevity, till time pass it is drier and drier and involves nicely. I would really recommend this one for a spring period, with one remark. This is more for people who know what they want, as they are noticeable and not everyone would like them. Try before you buy.
0.5

I need a shower.
My friend and dear YouTube subscriber Eduardo commented yesterday on my channel that he would appreciate if I said something about this fragrance. So, I went to the shopping mall to smell it.

Let me start with the bottle.
I really don't want this in my cabinet.
It's insanely tacky, looks cheap and didn't feel good in my hand.

Also, the advert, a half naked man in leather pants, looked quite off-putting to me. I mean, a naked man in leather with a kid's toy on his lap... let's better not continue this thought... I'm a teacher, I teach little kids, and something like that just doesn't feel right to me.
The only good thing about the bottle is (since I really want to find something positive about it), that the word 'DECAPITATE' reminds me of Sheldon Cooper. TBBT fans will know what I mean.

Now to the scent...
HOLY CAT, IS THAT BAD!
I want to get rid of it NOW. And I have this feeling since I've sprayed it on MY SKIN.
Why do I always sacrifice myself like this... ROFL!

It's terribly blended.

The opening made me gag.
There was some very peppery, spicy-resinous pear with the quality of a cheap celebrity-perfume fruit.
And this resinous something slathered over it was just WRONG. Maybe, what they wanted to achieve with that is creating a sexy-erotic fruit... Because of... toy boy...
FAIL.
And then the worst thing happened:
A cereal-nutty smelling flower appeared, a very strange rose I have never smelled before, and cloves.
WHAT THE CAT IS THAT?!
Now, in the very drydown there is this cereal-nutty flower and a huge load of cashmeran which tries to decapitate EVERYTHING including some very synthetic ambery animalicness which has a slightly sour-earthy background. Might be some vetiver but in combination with the cashmeran and the animalic-ambery something it's just...
WHY?!

Final thought: Let's take a shower and SCRUB THE HELL OUT OF MY ARM to make it disappear.

One more positive thing:
What comes out of the decapitated teddybear is STRONG. It projected and projected and still does. After 2 hours.
I need a shower.
He just wants to play
Today I passed the sweet Moschino bears again, and because I had already liked the white polar bear I had to stroke the black bear as well.

The polar bear for the lady surprised me with an adult attitude, because I had expected something more playful.

The black bear, on the other hand, is also playful and somehow humorous in his inner life.

The clear bulb is peppery, but remains unscratched.
Resinous mixes with clear carnation - a striking combination.
The rose absolute harmonizes with the sweetish vetiver in a very attractive way.

This teddy bear is a cuddly bear - with sex appeal.
Surprise, surprise.

Toy Boy has likeable idiosyncrasies in his head - and is in an infectious play mood.

Ideal for self-ironic men and women - without age restrictions.
Morpheus1
Notices like a colorful dog - scent and bottle - powerful pepper rose resin under the lid !
The only place where you won't notice this scent, I can imagine, is on a spice bazaar.
Otherwise, however, pretty much everywhere, whether you like it or not.
It is loud, opulent, conspicuous and full of resinous roses.

It starts with a resinous peppery pear and quickly turns into a strong, synthetically spicy sweet rose fragrance.
It finally remains even with a peppery (woody) resinous-spicy sweet rose (overload) fragrance.
Yes, the resin plays an important role in the whole process and is clearly present.
I'm not a fan of rose scents anyway, but here it is too much of a good thing.
Where the rose is usually paired with oud, this time it enters the relationship with resinous pepper.

Buy?
A clear no.

I mean,who wants to smell like resinous sweetly glued roses?

CarterHammCarterHamm 4 months ago
I was concerned at first that it was too feminine. I don’t care anymore. It’s a beautiful fragrance. Peppery floral and it really performs.
AdriGTAAdriGTA 5 months ago
Spicy floral is the best way to say what is this perfume; very well blended. If you are not afraid to use florals, give a try. Recomended.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 6 months ago
Toy Boy smells like a spicy fresh rose. I only get the pepper, the nutmeg and the rose. It's not unpleasant but not interesting for me.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 11 months ago
Unique, creative, and different: fruity rose & pepper dominant. Great sillage, longevity around 6+ hourse, great value for money.
DarkbeatDarkbeat 1 year ago
I think it's the most original I've tried in a long time in designer lines. A dark and metallic rose, accurate, highly recommended.

Bärchengeist
by Floyd
Hmpff ... Dreh' dich doch mal! Hier ist die Kamera!
by Parfumine
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana
Boy mit Toy?
by TomLavender
Fast ein wenig brav der Kleine!
Zusammen ist es schöner!
by TomLavender
Design-Unfall oder Kultobjekt? Aufgenommen im Laden - in meine Sammlung nicht.
by Serlo
by Serlo
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular Moschino

Uomo? (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Moschino by Moschino Cheap and Chic - I Love Love by Moschino Moschino pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Forever (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Couture! by Moschino Funny! by Moschino Gold Fresh Couture by Moschino Toy 2 by Moschino Cheap and Chic by Moschino Forever Sailing (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Friends Men (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Light Clouds by Moschino Glamour by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Hippy Fizz by Moschino Fresh Couture by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Chic Petals by Moschino Toujours Glamour by Moschino Oh! de Moschino by Moschino Cheap and Chic - So Real by Moschino