Toy Boy 2019

Toy Boy by Moschino
Bottle Design Jeremy Scott
Where to buy
Search on
More
Where to buy
7.6 / 10206 Ratings
Toy Boy is a popular perfume by Moschino for men and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by EuroItalia. Pronunciation
Search on
More

Perfumer

Yann Vasnier

Fragrance Notes

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamot, Pink pepper, Pear, Elemi resin, Indonesian nutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Rose absolute, Flax blossom, Magnolia
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiver, Ambermax®, Sylkolide™

Ratings

Scent

7.6206 Ratings

Longevity

8.3189 Ratings

Sillage

7.8185 Ratings

Bottle

6.9226 Ratings

Value for money

8.548 Ratings
Submitted by Morpheus1, last update on 15.05.2021.

Interesting Facts

The face of the advertising campaign is Brazilian model Jhonattan Burjack.
  • RateRate
  • CollectionCollection
  • ClassifyClassify
  • NotesNotes

Reviews

5.5
Scent
8
Longevity
8
Sillage
10
Bottle
Dexter82

3 Reviews
Dexter82
Dexter82
   1  
Ein Mann der noch nicht ganz Mann ist.
OK, der Name sagt es ja schon. Toyboy. Ein junger Typ der sich von einer älteren Frau /aushalten lässt und im Gegenzug vllt ein paar Dienstleistungen tätigt... Was genau lass ich hier mal offen. ?
Fakt ist, ich habe wieder mal einen Duft blind gekauft bei #Notino. Die Flasche ist schon putzig und reiht sich gut in die vorhandenen Flakon ein. Bin ich zufrieden mit dem Kauf? Der erste Eindruck war etwas stechend, chemisch (ca 25°C im Auto). Bergamotte war präsent, aber mineralisch und blechen, wenn das Sinn ergibt. Rosa Pfeffer habe ich bis heute nicht erschnuppert...
Grundsätzlich wirkt er auf mich sehr eindimensional. Es entwickelt sich nicht so stark, dass man es als Aufbau einer Duft Komposition bezeichnen könnte. Es ist alles ineinander übergehend. Es fehlt mir an Tiefe.
Ich stelle mir echt einen jungen Typen vor der gerne feiert, nichts und niemanden zu ernst nimmt (außer sich selbst), Papa's Porsche cruised und auf dessen Kosten ein schönes Leben gönnt...
Grundsätzlich ist der Duft nicht schlecht mit seiner guten Sillage und Haltbarkeit (8 Std plus, je nach Wetter). Für den Alltag und in sportiver Kleidung kann ich den schon tragen, aber mein Favorit ist er wahrlich nicht. Vielleicht bin ich auch zu alt mit knapp 40?
Der Duft ist definitiv unisex, wobei ich bei einer Frau ein anderes Bild vor Augen habe. Eine junge Frau voller Lebensfreude, die sich über verstaubt Konventionen hinwegsetzt. Spaß an ihren Projekten und parties hat.
Ausprobieren schadet nicht, aber empfehlen kann ich das niemanden den ich kenne - außer meinem 18 jährigen Neffen...
Für unter 30€ kann man das sich ja mal holen, allein wegen der Flasche. ?
1 Replies
9.5
Scent
10
Longevity
10
Sillage
10
Bottle
Lilith105
Translated Show originalShow translation
Lilith105
Lilith105
Helpful Review    4  
A cute bear full of temperament
Don't let the bottle fool you! It contains a strong fragrance with character! Fresh: yes, but not lemony. Spicy: oh yes, and how! A great unisex companion with long lasting and decent sillage. A fragrance to love!
1 Replies
8.5
Scent
7
Longevity
6
Sillage
8
Bottle
Leimbacher
Translated Show originalShow translation
Leimbacher
Leimbacher
Top Review    15  
Bear Bachelor
"Toy Boy" by Moschino has definitely made waves or a little hype in some corners of the perfume community in recent years. Its bottle polarizes and stands out. Rose fragrances for men are not a dime a dozen in the mainstream. Yann Vasnier is otherwise rather niche. The name is provocative. Moschino remains true to its fashion, its clientele. Moschino goes all in. All reasons why I had to test this black bear. But they were not reasons to buy it. For that, he had to have something going for him. And he has!

About the bottle, the name and the marketing can be exquisitely argue, I understand even every critical view completely. On the content of this potent men's fragrance in the "children's bottle" I let but nothing come. Much more than just a gimmick or toy. A pear-soapy rose cavalier. Designed in the lab, pointing towards the future, youthful and almost futuristic, clubby and clean - yet with enough old-school manners. A Toy Boy with blue blood, a stripper from the year 2525, a naked guy with a three-day shave. All over his body. You don't smell the pear in perfume often enough. Especially for us men. Soapy, fresh sweetness isn't sugared to death here. And yet the scent is appealing, sexy and never stale. However, with core qualities of rose that have always distinguished it. Despite a clear synthetic edge. I like to wear it very much. Not only on Valentine's Day, not only in RTL shows. Showery, independent, undressed decent. Fun and mischievous. Quiet at the right moments. Prince Charming. Fine perfume. A future cult classic? Maybe especially for the gay community. But of course, wearable by anyone and everyone. Playful, yet not childish. With pepper in the clean-shaven bum. Too much trivialization here. He can be tougher than that. Should not be scared away by!

Flacon: cheesy, childish, creative, different - unfortunately horny!
Sillage: more subtle and romantic and soapy than expected. But not over-smellable.
Shelf life: a good 7 hours. At least. Nachsprühen at any time useful and not too expensive.

Conclusion: one of the most synthetic and yet most sympathetic rose fragrances in the designer sector in recent years. A rose bath of the most naive yet decent variety. This Teddy I head again and again with pleasure!
4 Replies
7.5
Scent
8
Longevity
7
Sillage
7
Bottle
KimJong

60 Reviews
KimJong
KimJong
   2  
Dirty sticky rose soap, very original.
1. After reading a lot of positive reviews, I was quite looking forward to it. Now I have to say that I agree and also I don't agree with those reviews.

2. The most important part of Toy Boy is the scent of rose soap. It's very fancy and unique, but it's not comfortable to wear as a man, and there's a sensual vibe, but generally speaking, it's not a manly charm at all.

3. In the background is a wet barn-like vetiver. It scents pretty rough and dirty. This changing process is so complex that it is difficult to explain, but it is clear that there's something sticky and obscene is in the middle.

4. My personal impression of this is a odd man with lipstick and eyeshadow and also chest hair. I think it's not feminine at all.

5. So far I've worn it four times, and my wife has hated it terribly. I was once told by a colleague whether it was a compliment or not, "There's something smells unique." Some people mistakenly thought it was an expensive niche perfume because it smelled so strange, but they never told that "It smells so good."

6. To compare this to clothes, it is a geeky dress called avant-garde that can be seen sometimes in fashion shows. It's very original, and it's an amazing quality at this price point. But I don't think I'll wear it myself.

7. I am a firm opposition to the view that this is easy to wear. Toy Boy has something to offend others. Not a matter of being masculine or feminine. Simply it is not decent or elegant.

8. But from old times, Moschino has created works that redefine masculinity. For example, Moschino Uomo? is very different from the macho style cologne of the 80s. In the history of fragrance, the experiments they have done are valuable. I would like to appreciate that point.
1 Replies
10
Scent
9
Longevity
9
Sillage
10
Bottle
Wolfgang1987

28 Reviews
Wolfgang1987
Wolfgang1987
Helpful Review    2  
Moschino Toy Boy EDP
This is a gorgeous scent. It is a very pleasant smell that I think is totally unisex. The opening with that soft pink pepper and pear is so addictive and moreish to smell. The smooth Rose blended with the vetiver gives a silky smoothness to the perfume. It's a very pretty smell. Definitely no skank or hardness to it. But the vetiver and amber base stops it from being overly feminine. And makes it cling to the skin. And gives it a solid foundation. So good longevity and Sillage overall. Amazing and unique. Scent 10/10
8
Scent
8
Longevity
8
Sillage
10
Bottle
ScentSlave

113 Reviews
ScentSlave
ScentSlave
Helpful Review    2  
It has a very unique feel to it;
And you definitely DON’T want to make your decision based on a test card... this one definitely gives a much different vibe when it hits the skin. POTENT... from the very start... with a very, VERY sweet, floral opening...

This one is definitely a polar/heads or tails scent. You either LOVE it or HATE it. Take no prisoners, one side of the coin, is or isn’t. Absolutely no “in the middle” vibe to it.

If you’re not into softer feeling scents, stay away from it. FAR away, as the projection is EPIC. AN EASY 4+ Foot radius, with a LONG, LINGERING sillage trail that follows. Longevity is easily 8 hours+ as well, so unless you’re willing to wear a sweet, loud, floral scent that calls for attention, you’re not going to want to sport it.

For me personally though? I’m loving it. As it dries down, it gains a slightly more masculine feel, but it’s still totally flowery...

Call it “a night on the town” or “adventurous” feeling tone, but it’s one I’d happily sport on the colder winters nights out... especially with the “social distancing” and mask wearing mandates of the new age... you need “beast mode” to even make a scent worthy of investment.
2 Replies
5.5
Scent
9
Longevity
9
Sillage
5
Bottle
Oleo

29 Reviews
Oleo
Oleo
   4  
I'm not a "Toy Boy"
NOTE: This is not a complete review because I haven't been able to try the fragrance multiple times in different occasions for reasons which I describe below:
*

I don't like talking about fragrances that I dislike, but given the immense hype of this "Toy Boy", I feel obliged.

I've read (and heard on Youtube) that it's an unique fragrance; I disagree: I know several rose-based perfumes for women (which I won't name now) that this reminds me of... Especially the most popular of a luxurious seductive lingerie brand.

I always give each fragrance a chance, but with this one I had to shower again to take it off before leaving home (after +/- 3h on skin):

I constantly meet serious and important people; I can't go to a meeting smelling like this. It seems that I came from having sex with a girl in the car and the smell of her perfume has remained in me.

If you ask me if this "Toy Boy" it's different from the latest trend perfumes for men, I'll say yes. But in a bad way.

This perfume is simply not stylish. It's not that it's bad, it's that it's out of place: this isn't suitable for serious men and I know similar but classy ones for women. It probably fits much better with "toy boys" - like the one in the ad - or Drag Queens, perhaps. Without any controversy, they seem to be the target consumers.

The scent:

I won't extend much with this, basically it's a very prominent and powdery rose, fresh and "aerial" - which further enhances its feminine effect -. Everything else is well blended and drives the main motif of the fragrance: That spicy rose, breezy and watery but intense, feminine but slightly androgynous and animalic.

Projection is strong and it's very long lasting.

Conclusion:

I would never wear this, I can't recommend it. There are several floral and rose-based perfumes that I love, so this is not the problem. Not at all.

I still have a couple of testers and I've asked several female friends of mine: None of them liked it for me. Two even told me it was disgusting (for a man).

So I got off the "hype" train as quickly as possible. I started to run...

... And I've never looked back!
9
Scent
9
Longevity
9
Sillage
10
Bottle
Chevalier
Translated Show originalShow translation
Chevalier
Chevalier
Top Review    31  
Compliments may be a pleasure for the self-confidence, but never a medicine. Ernst, Prof. Dr. Christian
Most of the fragrances I like for myself and I wear them because they support my mood for the day.
It can happen that I study a fragrance when it comes back about a repurchase or to whom I will give it away Not so with this playing boy, he runs after you whether you like it or not, he hides and suddenly he comes out in front of a rack and announces loudly that he is still here. Either this snotty brat annoys you or the humor wins over this naivety and kindness
As an advocate of strength, directness and sovereignty, he must be considered a top performer. He is peppery and off-beat in the opening like no other fragrance in this price range.
For a designer product Euroitalia has pulled out all the stops here.
The new Eros eau de parfum also gives hope.

The only disadvantage of the cash register in the miller is that you have to be very resistant against discriminating looks, similar to a love utensil, with this little black bear in leather on the cash register tape. Not all righteous citizens and people who prefer to watch other people rather than themselves understand this.
The heavy metal fan with the thin long hair and bald forehead with the Axe-Wilde scent, the tank top with the worn light blue jeans and the black old shoes that smell all the way to the cardholder, this bear is a mystery.
Just as for the Jack Wolfskin Shoftshell-mid-forties with the healing sandals which probably also come from the adventurer Jack, the accurately boring haircut and the organic ear-sticks, this one doesn't resemble a homosexual bear at all and is a declaration of war on normality and virus-like conventionality.

For all others an absolute recommendation. No one lasts longer and remains true to his line.
Nutmeg appears quite dominant after pepper and leaves many contemporaries with the question what smells so pleasant here.

With the compliment index of 0-10, for example, an Eros is on a seven, this blackboy is on a nine.
The feminine rose with clove leaves no one cold. At temperatures around 32 Plus, it still goes, but with the necessary caution, as the compliments could quickly change into feelings of annoyance.
If this happens, however, I stand up straight with my leather suit, pull my dark leather cap up and show the alleged harassment victim with two fingers and the gesture on him afterwards to my eyes that I am watching him...

8 Replies
10
Scent
8
Longevity
8
Sillage
10
Bottle
Rquill67

201 Reviews
Rquill67
Rquill67
   2  
Wow! Bloddy 'ell.... mate...
Wow! Bloody 'ell... I mean really truly awesome fragrance! This smells niche to me, great quality ingredients and blended well. It's really challenging for a designer to pull off rose really well. There are some in the community who may stave off Moschino's Toy Boy because of the rose, but I'm here to tell you that this rose fragrance is blended so well with the pepper, that it's easy to wear. Doesn't smell like an old ladies purse, a lipstick bag or synthetic. This fragrance is definitely unisex. At the top it's all about the pepper that makes this warm and spicy; then right behind that in the mid is the rose, nutmeg, magnolia, and pear. In the dry down cashmeran, amber, clove and cinnamon. Every once in a while a designer fragrance comes along that does what a designer fragrance is supposed to do; stay designer, but break the mold just ever so slightly to make a unique fragrance setting itself apart from the rest! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this fragrance which can be worn, spring, fall and winter, for day and evening. I wouldn't use for the office or in the heat of the summer. I can't wait to start using this one in the fall and winter months. 10 / 10 for me!
8.5
Scent
10
Longevity
10
Sillage
10
Bottle
MikeMike

35 Reviews
MikeMike
MikeMike
Helpful Review    3  
OK Boomer
"OK Boomer" is a catchphrase and meme that gained popularity among younger cohorts from 2019, used to dismiss or mock attitudes stereotypically attributed to the baby boomer generation.

When you look at how this perfume is presented, the bottle in a shape of bear you might be under impression that it more for a younger audience. However, there are some slight hints, black bottle, decapitation in order to use, or advertisement you might expect that not everything is obvious here.

Like the first smell, asking you to think for the minute WTF is that??? However, once you get used to it have some perks. Yes, it is synthetic, but at the same time complicated and not obvious. A lovely interpretation of rose, is it masculine rose? Well, it can be, depending on who is wearing it. In addition to rose, you have some paper, spice notes. But really this one is hard to describe, it is something not usual, more on niche side than mainstream.

Great projection, and longevity, till time pass it is drier and drier and involves nicely. I would really recommend this one for a spring period, with one remark. This is more for people who know what they want, as they are noticeable and not everyone would like them. Try before you buy.
Show all reviews (13)

Statements

DraxlerDraxler 1 month ago
9.5
Scent
9
Longevity
8
Sillage
I cannot understand such a low grade. An original fragrance with good parameters.
JuandsqJuandsq 1 month ago
Sencillamente este es un perfume "Único" genera controversia, halagos, comentarios malos, comentarios buenos....en fin me gusta!!!
CarterHammCarterHamm 6 months ago
9
Scent
10
Longevity
10
Sillage
4
Bottle
I was concerned at first that it was too feminine. I don’t care anymore. It’s a beautiful fragrance. Peppery floral and it really performs.
AdriGTAAdriGTA 8 months ago
9
Scent
9
Longevity
9
Sillage
6
Bottle
Spicy floral is the best way to say what is this perfume; very well blended. If you are not afraid to use florals, give a try. Recomended.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
7.5
Scent
7
Longevity
7
Sillage
8
Bottle
Toy Boy smells like a spicy fresh rose. I only get the pepper, the nutmeg and the rose. It's not unpleasant but not interesting for me.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 1 year ago
10
Scent
8
Longevity
8
Sillage
8
Bottle
Unique, creative, and different: fruity rose & pepper dominant. Great sillage, longevity around 6+ hourse, great value for money.
DarkbeatDarkbeat 2 years ago
9
Scent
9
Longevity
8
Sillage
7
Bottle
I think it's the most original I've tried in a long time in designer lines. A dark and metallic rose, accurate, highly recommended.

Perfume Classification by the Community


Photos by the Community

Hmpff ... Dreh' dich doch mal! Hier ist die Kamera!
by Parfumine
Bärchengeist
by Floyd
Der mit dem Bär
by Floyd
by Intenso
by Intenso
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana
Boy mit Toy?
by TomLavender
Fast ein wenig brav der Kleine!
by TomLavender
Zusammen ist es schöner!
by TomLavender
Design-Unfall oder Kultobjekt? Aufgenommen im Laden - in meine Sammlung nicht.
by Gold
by Leimbacher
by Leimbacher
by Serlo
by Serlo
by Alf1redo
by Alf1redo
by Alf1redo
by Alf1redo
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular Moschino

Uomo? (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Moschino by Moschino Cheap and Chic - I Love Love by Moschino Moschino pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Forever (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Couture! by Moschino Funny! by Moschino Toy 2 by Moschino Cheap and Chic by Moschino Gold Fresh Couture by Moschino Forever Sailing (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Light Clouds by Moschino Friends Men (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Glamour by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Chic Petals by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Hippy Fizz by Moschino Fresh Couture by Moschino Toujours Glamour by Moschino Oh! de Moschino by Moschino Cheap and Chic - So Real by Moschino